He still plays at 1080p/60hz or below

Holy fuck, I shiggy diggy. You can even be a poorfag and gaym at 4k or 144hz.
>consoleplebs still haven't even hit the tip of the iceberg for last generation's graphics

Why would I replace my 2 5 year old 1080p monitors (upscaled to 1440p) with 2 4k Monitors when they work perfectly fine?

4k's a great way to hose your performance for minimal improvement. Higher hz is always great, though.

Eh, I used to have a 27 inch 1080p monitor, and now I have a 28 inch 4k monitor. It's a massive improvement assuming you aren't using a mid-small size monitor. I'd say having higher fps/hz is a bigger priority. Atleast I didn't buy into the VR meme, friendo. 4k has some stake in the "future" (i.e. the present), a lot of people buy 4k tvs now (even though they might not actually use them), really, the real meme is 8k and most stuff above 4k.

I don't question that it's an improvement, but is it worth literally 4x more horsepower? That's how I feel about it. It's got to look as good as the difference between 640x480 and 1080p for me to consider it worthwhile at that level of performance loss, and from what I've seen it's nothing like that.

8k is necessary if you want to get a 1:1 movie theater experience, because film resolution is 8k by 10k

You didn't answer my question. I have two perfectly fine 24'' monitors. Why should I spend almost $1k to upgrade my monitors?

Well, I mean, the newer generation cards are pretty cheap (for example, I just got a gtx 1060) and run 4k really well. Plus, the higher resolution technically gives me more screen real-estate since the windows for programs are scaled smaller. Also, I would say that a lot of people run a multi-monitor setup, and a larger 4k monitor probably costs less than the price of a few 1080p monitors combined, with maybe a little performance drop. I would just say recently the technology has made it so that even people who aren't making 200k a year can get it.

8k right now is kinda expensive, and there seems to be no place to buy them. Plus, real film is kinda a niche, I don't think many people are concerned about that.

Meh, you could just buy one larger one tbqh, as I pointed out, in scale, one 4k monitor is comparable to 4 1080p monitors.

Why would i spend money on those monitors while the best games run on CRT

it's like i really am on cuckchan

It's not, especially at 28 inches. I have a 55 inch 4K TV and I still wouldn't wouldn't describe it as equivalent to that jump in terms of movies or games. Productivity space is a different story.

Analog film doesn't cleanly equate to pixels that way, user.

Hell, you can put the bar a lot lower

Really sucks dick if you want to still be playing DOS games natively in the future

Anyhthing more than 1080p is a fucking scam.

That would basically prevent me from using fullscreen / borderless modes as alt+tabing is core to who I am.

Once again, you seem to have no idea what you're talking about buddy.

I like bad graphics, I intentionally lower everything as far as possible so I can run the game as light as a feather. I unironically like the graphics in this video.

Oh i get it! of course you need those kind of screens: you need to watch movies not play games

But sonyggers keep telling me that it's just a meme! I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact their shitty console can't hit standards we had years ago.

I'm too poor m8, I play games on a fucking office laptop if it can even run

I can kinda understand turning off everything to always have solid 60 fps and focus on the game, but at least you must be able to see.

What the point of having 1800p or 4k if all greatest video games are 4:3?

Shiggy diggy, da digg da shiggy.

Shill get ye gone.

Actually, it's 1080p at 50hz.

Hello Reddit

there are no 1440p 144hz monitors without awful QC issues and i dont want to gamble $700 on a worthless monitor.

Hey, nigger. >>>/cuckchan/'s three doors down to the left.

Consoles are expensive as shit especially in Straya where I am
AAA games which are virtually the only things on consoles are 100 dollarydoos each and Xbone Live is $70 a year and not sure about PlayStation but I know it's cheaper
I do have an Xbone, but I only play Forza on it and occasionally GTA V with a buddy**

Pleb detected

I play in 640x480 60fps