Dude paying for jpegs lmao

With that out of the way, is SC any good yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoebus_cartel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I take it you didn't see the livestream?

Smh tbh fam

No, explain

I'm on my phone so I don't have the link or any webms, but user, it would be an understatement to call it a goddamn trainwreck. The presenters were openly mocking their script on air

can't write a good script for a livestream presentation=bad game?

Not sure how that works. I suppose you could argue that it implies all their writing within the game itself will be bad, but that argument would be best supported by the actual game script.

Today, I will remind them.

There was broadcasting blunder for every fucking 30 seconds
At first it was really painful to watch but later it becomes enjoyable trainwreck comedy

I think I have the best reminder.

Goons and furries. A match made in heaven. The playerbase alone should be enough of a deterrent for anyone that thinks of boarding this trainwreck.

I wouldn't want to play with furries and goons even if this was the best game ever made.

Sure is good if you want to yiff in space with your fluffy friends! o3o =^-^=!!!!!

If you actually watched one you'd see how unorganised these chucklefucks are. Professionalism in that type of thing is very telling.

You’re retarded.

CIG managed to make PGI look competent.

Honestly, I find it more trustworthy that they spilled their spaghetti all over a livestream. It runs counter to the "they're professional scammers" story, because people who are capable of swindling over a hundred million dollars from hundreds of thousands of people without attracting notice from any Fed agency or the like would certainly never be this spergy and uncoordinated.

Anyways, it's not like them doing a professional job on the livestream would convince anyone who doesn't already believe that the project is legit.

Remember, the "professionals" are the AAA folks like Ubishit who manage to convince good goyim to pre-order their 3 season passes with a flashy livestream/presentation.

The squeaking still haunts my nightmares. How can a human mind create something like this?

It hurts them and Harebrained are the only two developers making mecha games in the West.

then it's worse my dear ganbaruby, they're amateur scammers

How many shekels did you pledged?

Derek Smart pls go

I'm currently in the closed alpha or 3.0

Ask me anything

for*

Question is who is even making Mecha games now in general? I don't think there is anything really coming out lately apart from sidescroller indie trash.

How big is your dick?

How much do you regret being in the closed alpha

Bigger than yours

About as much as I regret pawning my wife's wedding ring to do so.

Pics?

Now imagine it twice as big

But two times nothing is still nothing, user

It's xir, actually

here user: no memes, no bullshit, real talk about it:

**it has potential but at the moment it's not ready yet. the flight model is still kinda janky but it's a lot better than it was when it became first playable. larger (read: more expensive) ships confer a HUGE advantage, so it is, even in this pre-alpha state, pretty p2w - i backed at the lowest possible level to get a ship and i'm getting totally crushed by guys with more expensive ships simply because they can mount better weaponry on them.

the 3d zero-g shootan feels okay but it's lacking something special to make it feel better than okay. personally i think it's the lack of newtonian physics for shootan: if you're simply floating and fire your gun you should get worse than "recoil", it should physically boost you around and make shooting while floating a losing proposition. just my two cents on that front. finally, it's worrying how instead of actually working on the fucking game they're putting out livestreams that are more scripted and terribly delivered than your average ubisoft e3 presentation. it was genuinely awful and even the drones are shitting all over it.

tl;dr if you haven't backed it yet there is literally no reason to yet. as always their development cycle is worrying in how inefficient it is but they are getting closer to a game that is genuinely good. if they can get their shit together they can get something good going with this… but it's not good, or even okay right now. it's barely playable, runs like a sack of cold foreskins and is populated entirely by drones and awful, awful human beings**

If the game doesn't come out, that guy is going to kill himself.

Battlecruiser is still better.

Is that tattoo real

*your

2.6 (trading/piracy) seems to be out, my client won't update to it tho
its pointless to play until at least 3.0 is released (mining/planet landing)

I went to the first con event they had (not citizencon, but a presentation at a bar near PAX East) back when being a backer got you free entry. We waited for literally an hour and a half for it to begin. Then they had sporadic technical difficulties the whole time and Chris had to awkwardly stall up on stage while they RE-DOWNLOADED THEIR OWN FUCKING GAME from their servers because the local copy got fucked up somehow and they couldn't do the gameplay demo.

That was in early 2014 I think, it looks like it hasn't gotten any better since then. And they started charging people money for the privilege of watching them flounder on the stage of an overpriced nightclub.

Why not squeeze the stupid fucks that keep giving them money dry? You won't see me shed a tear autist, furries and goons are driving themselves into debt slavery.

Just let them fund the game for us, why you whine so much about it?
BUT MUH PAY2WIN
Don't play on the offcial servers, easy

pretty much this, I backed the minimum because I remember Holla Forumslancer and I know people are gonna mod it to death when it's "done"

And even if we played at the official servers think how easy would be to steal or destroy capital ships, there is no automation on turrets, they all have to be manned, be it by player or very shitty NPCs, capital ships will be mostly defenseless unless the rich fucks who bought them are capable leaders and can hold a good corporation together

If these losers get their ships stolen it will take days or even weeks before they get a new ship through insurance, and when that happens we will be ready to take it from them, if we form a pirate guild we will have unlimited access to easy to steal ships because of those rich fucks

I'm sure the insurance mechanism is gonna be practically instant, like the first time you manage to get back to a planetside hub you'll get it back. They don't want to leave players shipless and then have them not playing the game. It'll be a pain in the ass replacing all the weapons and upgrades you had on it though, because the insurance only covers the "base" model, whatever it came with.

Or you could just not support a blatant pay to win scam. It's not like it's the only space game in existence.

I'm kind of amazed how nobody saw how much money Roberts was raking in and decided to make a sandbox space sim of their own, maybe a little scaled back and simplified, in the time it takes the trainwreck to come to a halt and make money from people that need their fix.

Technically there is if you hire an NPC crew to man them.

Kinda like with Planetside 2 base building, the turrets have to be manned by other players unless you build an AI module.

Pick one.

Also

Do you have 100 million to spare?

the way the insurance works now is if your ship is destroyed, you can pay to have it instantly respawned or you can wait for insurance to replace it. how much you pay is based on how long is left on the respawn timer. if your ship is stolen you can simply choose to respawn it and another will spawn immediately, and as soon as your first ship doesn't have any crew on it it will disappear. no idea if this is how it'll work on launch but yeah

lol what the fuck so a stolen ship doesn't remain in the universe the first fucking moment the thief disembarks? What trash.

might just be a placeholder system so as to let the players right now continue fucking around without having to deal with "launch" insurance/repawn rates, but who knows. inb4 b-b-but it's just a-alpha

That was Elite Dangerous

You don't need a 100 million dollars to make one though.

But that one was purposely designed to be as unfun as possible.

To compete with Star Citizen you do.

No, you don't. The whole point of the strategy is to make a (good) space sim on a budget to ride the SC hype and scratch the itch of everyone (hopelessly) waiting for SC to get completed.

I wonder what the title would be.

>Reminder that the kikestreams and even the game itself are so scripted that once it goes off it's aforementioned rails the game will inevitably crash in every sense of the word, and people will still rush to defend the buggy piece of shit

This game is shit and you need clockwork orange eye clamps if you still haven't realised.

You also need a lot of faggots to fly your $3000 .png ships

Space Resident

Worry not, such a cancerous community is at hand
>>>/fur/

WHERE ARE ALL THE ANTI MISSILES

Name of the game NOW:^)

its the best we got right now
its this or nothing

Seed the crack lad

So you got shit, okay.

I have a Final solution for you user:
1. Forget this game exists. Stop following the liabel and scams, find something else to fill your time like chronic masturbation or almost literally any other game.
2. Best we got Niggah wake up. People who keep eating this shit up such as yourself are the reason they keep getting away with this shit. Stop being a victim and go back to doing what you did before you ever heard about this shit. I guarantee if you look around you will find hundreds of space games to make you sick of seeing vast expanses of emptiness.
3. Never get your hopes up for any unreleased game ever again. No seriously, actions speak a lot louder than words and hope is the first step on the road to disappointment :^)
4. What kind of game charges thousands of dollars for items that HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET. Open your eyes, stop falling for this fucking shit.

Its this or playing X3 and freelancer forever, prove me wrong show me anything better

The current patch is utter shit. The change in flight models with 2.6, even if it's temporary, is total cancer. At the minute the skill cap in dogfighting has gone to hell.

/thread
GIVE US THE ALPHA OR THE PNGS GET IT TBF

Show me another space game that lets you walk around inside your ship, or on space stations, or outside your fucking ship, or on other peoples' ships. the first person perspective and the ability to interact with things as a PERSON and not be locked in cockpit view 100% of the time is the selling point.

why tho?

Iirc, smaller ships (the ones actually flyable) have anti-missile countermeasures in the form of flares and chaff.

When the larger ones get integrated they'll probably work on adding active protection systems like CIWS or electronic jamming.

What is the difference with /fur/ and /furry/?

user, there are a lot of space vidya, hell there is even a damn space vidya infograph, ask for it in the space thread

Angels fall first, x:rebirth

So basically what you're saying is "it's either eating expensive shit that hasn't even been fully shat out yet or playing older video games of acceptable quality", which is absolutely true. You can't even fathom that a game better than this card collecting simulator could possibly be released at some point in the future.

Is this one of the X games? I always start one and then say fuck it because it starts off way to slow.

Goddamn why don't you go play nu males sky or elite dangerous if you crave space autism that much.. Sheesh. Unfortunately m8 I'm not really into space shit so you for a fact now I won't be able to tickle your fancy and give you what you want, but if it really GAMES such as this then I have nothing but pity for you.

Mass Effect:^) The point is fam, you're in for a massive disappointment if you think games made by scam artists aforementioned included will deliver. You'll want to see past the shit because you like the genre so much, trust me I know that feel, but believe me. If you value your own interests in mind, you shouldn't. Believe me when I say it's in your own interests to recognise bullshit and scamming when you see either. Ultimately, you're the one who will suffer when you finally figure it out the hard way.

Why not?

PGI tried to copy them funny enough and got BTFO. Mainly cause all the MWO players were pissed at them and they actually blatantly copied ship designs from Star Citizen. They also got their company shadow banned from reddit

About 200 users

But there are no "HUGE ROBOTIC WARMACHINES CALLED BATTLEMECHS" and "MANKIND" is not "ONCE AGAIN AT WAR".

That's the Freespace 2 campaign Blue Planet.

Or you could, you know, play some other video games. Not of this genre. Or fucking Noctis IV or Space Rangers or any of the other billions of space games.

im making my own game while i wait, still i like talking about this game because its the only thing in the far horizon with some chance of being good somehow

I have an erection for games ahead of their time that are released and the case is proven. That's why!

Shit eaters please leave.

keep playing with rocks and sticks, thats all you will ever have since EVERYTHING is shit

Go home reddit.

I don't understand your point. Please make me a map.

Nigga if you didn't know the name of the game you could have just said instead of

C U L T

U

L

T

But I don't understand!!!!
YOU SAY STAR CITIZEN IS MECHWARRIOR IN SPACE, BUT HOW?!?!?
THE HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON!

Seeing as how you act like you're from reddit, seems to be. Now fuck off and die.

That's a kinda neat idea.

You have no argument nor reason, you are the one who smells like reddit :^)

If the game webm posted in really is shill citizen then forget it. I don't want to know.

ahh I see the error now
You can blame my phone for the error in post user, I meant to link to the webm you posted here

It's not a scam. Just utter incompetence. I don't believe in conspiracies because I don't have faith in man to pull it off.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoebus_cartel

They happen. More often it's just retards though.

They're never going to be good if you keep giving them money to deliver promises instead of results.

I posted the name of the game a year ago, user.

It's nothing like Mechwarrior, but it is a mod for the best dogfightan space sim

You're giving them money for a product you know will be shit. The only way you would be sucking dick any harder is if you were buying every jpeg they had.

Well, thanks for making me not want to play it anymore anyway

See, I'd be much more inclined to believe that they will honestly try and fail than that they're trying to actively swindle people.

It was clear with No Man's Sky that that the devs were making promises, but their active refusal to show content in development lent a lot of strength to the idea that they were promising things they couldn't accomplish, which could fall under swindling. With SC, they've been completely open with the content they're developing (with the exception of deadlines) so if content doesn't appear or fails to work as promised it's much more likely that it's due to incompetence in creation and implementation, rather than obfuscation of the truth that comes with swindling.

Problem is, too many anons here keep portraying it as the former, which is much harder to believe when the development process is out in the open and makes them seem radicalized enough that they will trash any and all parts of SC without bothering to actually justify it.

You won't play a game because someone was rude to you on an imageboard?

I hate to use an old meme, but maybe some nigger tongued his anus.

So basically a company full of Molyneux instead of snake oil salesmen?

Why pay for jpegs when you can find them on the internet or make them for free?

r8 my ship original jpg donut steel

I wish the holocaust actually happened.

Why does your motorcycle have hexagonal wheels??

And you're somehow shocked that they will give you less stuff if you donate less money?
Should they have just refused to take money being offered to fund game development? At least they can't say "we didn't have enough money to finish" which they have yet to say once.
Oh, but I'm sure they're going through every single step of developing a video game and showing it to the public just to make sure that they can fool everyone with a ruse, but you know better, don't you?

I have enough people playing a song and dance with me in RL without random Anons joining in, so basically what said is correct.

Hows the performance and what are your specs?
Also is it a game where you can spend time doing things that are remotely interesting?
How sparse are the planets? Is it pretty much just what they showed in the demo of it?

Does Titanfall count as mecha? I heard the new COD had something related to them as well.

Not that either are any good anyways, its like counting bay's Transformers as mecha. Though speaking of which I'd definitely count Transformers Devastation which I've been playing recently and it has been great so far (outside of the stupid loot system).