Nostalrius Part 2: Orgrimmar Holiday Special

What is Nostalrius?
Nostalrius is a WoW Vanilla Progressive Private Server that was up in the past and was resurrected yesterday on the 17th of December 2016.
Our Horde Guild has been playing on the Server before and will play again as soon as he is up.
There are 2 Realms currently available (PVP and PVE), we play on the PVP one.
You can find us on
>>>/nostalrius/
The New Hosts for the Server are the Devs of the well-known Elysium group.

How can I join?
elysium-project.org/play
Create an Account and follow the guide on the right side.
Alternatively, here’s the magnet for the game-torrent:
‘’magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2b32e64f6cd755a9e54d60e205a9681d6670cfae&dn=World+of+Warcraft+Client+-+Version+1.12.1+enUS+-+Windows&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969’’
When you're finished downloading enter your game folder and search for the file “realmlist.wtf” and open it with a notepad.
Replace everything in it with:
set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org
When you've finished creating a character post your name in this thread and ask for an invite.

I already played on Nost/Ely before and would like to join, how do I restore my Old Characters?
Create a new Account and follow the Instructions here:
elysium-project.org/control
Keep in mind that you CANNOT merge both an old Elysium and Nostalrius account into this new one. You have to make a new account for each.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5y6hogKehZE
shagu.org/shaguquest/
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=3488
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=15424
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=7230
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=4818
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6909
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=12249
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6687
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13018
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9418
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9413
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17766
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17730.
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19106,
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=3491
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6504.
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=5191
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=16886.
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=4825
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9446,
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=3850
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6692
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=10823
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6802
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9478
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17705
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=10837
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6830
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=7717
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6505
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=1155
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9477
forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16499
addons.us.to/addons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TdTqUiDQ-wpHG2z58kLPMV1GJk5uIjIPL0InhRyyTY8/edit?pli=1#gid=406513443
wow-strategy.com/onyxia-attunement-how-to-do-the-horde-quest-chain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for shit server

I'll join you guys when the fresh server begins.

Let's face it: the 60 fags will not abandon old characters (not that I particularly blame them) and the fresh start is doomed to fail from the start

Well, if that happens I'll probably just stick with my lvl 60 dorf warrior I had on elysium

wew lad

any1 getting constantly disconnected? not even able to enter characters list or anything

AXA PLEASE COME BACK

what stage of progression are the servers on? I want to know which one is farther away from the AQ opening.

Faggot french fucks

So how's the playerbase? I won't play if it's a deserted wasteland that'll die soon.

Who give a shit about the 60 fags that can't reroll? They are as bad as 100s retail.

The guild will be just fine on fresh.

I'm leveling on the old one just in case the new one is a bust. Fuck it.

typically it's the other extreme, very crowded.

Is PvP server alive? Also, is accepting characters of any level?

Yes and yes

lots of memequeen streamers and chinks, it seems.

It's way too crowded. I logged onto my dorf, looked at the crowding in SW and logged off after < 5min. Now I've lost all interest in playing there.

youtube.com/watch?v=5y6hogKehZE

wew

It seems a lot of people are having issues all over the place. I myself, and many others still have not received any confirmation email after who knows how many tries. Is it really too much to ask that devs nowadays know what they are doing? At least enough to not royally fuck up like this.

Thanks, Mossama.
Also, my addons don't seem to work. All I see is pic related.

alright, trying to ask for the 30th time today, couldn't post earlier because of the spambots
when i tried to get a token for my nost characters, in the email i just get a black area with no text in it
wat do?
the support on elysium discord just told me to use a different browser, obviously didn't work

Completely unplayable hot garbage. Thought it was bad when the server launched? Now it's even worse.

Can't be bothered to try and level when it takes 15 seconds to use 3 abilities.

I walked around in stormwind to grind milk barrels and every one of them gave me a line of sight error. yeah this shit's beyond busted.

They're being DDoS.

However, The PvP sever has been stable for the past hour now. little to no lag.Been able to get some mara farm in finally.

What are the odds that a bunch of us reroll on some other, less over-populated server where the scripting isn't TOO shitty?

Found a way to completely cheese Rotgrip.

I'll see if I can reproduce it.

It's not going to happen, we've waited forever to get this and we're done moving.

Yep, ez.
I'll make a guide later.

Smooth Boss, real smooth. I'd expect nothing less…

which city is the ERP hub on here? goldshire inn?

Not gonna find any RP on Elysium/Nost I'm afraid. The RP community is stunted.

YOU FAGGOTS ARE FUCKING PATHETIC
GO BACK TO CUCKCHAN HOLY FUCKING SHIT
NO ONE CARES ABOUT UR SHITTY MEME NOSTALGIA GAME THAT SUCKED FUCKING ASS FROM THE START

Can hotmail be used yet?
I wanna get my high level rogue back.

How similar is Nostalrius to vanilla, to a person who never subbed?

more or less, but they have GMs that are whiny cunts and they "fixed" shit that not even blizzard considered wrong

Holy fuck you faggots are pathetic.
HEY MODS WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING BUTTHURT?

i can confirm this as an average guildless everquest player

which is the alliance guild? I tried to search by "infinity memes" but noone was online

It's really inaccurate in terms of tiny little details that really pick at people's autism but in terms of the general experience it's good enough and arguably more convenient.

I think it was called No Fun Allowed but I doubt it's still alive.

please lad I need a guide. Rotgrip is annoying to do in water.

that's the cuckchan guild you niggerino

We had a small dwarven guild called Infinite Memes once, but It's dead.

rip pvp server

Ahh thanks lads!

-sniff-
PVE is still up though.

I probably should've died to that.

why?

It's been a long time, but I remember rares being a pain.
I used a pot and got a bunch of lucky crits off and he was downed in no time.

It might've been nothing, but it was neat finding a rare in this overflooded starting zone, anyway.

any1 else having connection issues?

Server RIP'd

well, that little corner of the zone he spawns in is pretty barren. only reason to ever go over there is for the fire totem quest and if it's anything like how nost used to be the quest doesn't even work and you just get it from your trainer anyways.

Is there any way to get my old AddOns to work with 1.12?

Most of them are updated for the Wrath-era API, which is more restrictive, so I imagine most of them wouldn't have a problem working on an older version of the game?

I know there's a few out there, but I had a lot of particular modifications and settings I'd like to retain.

Copy add-ons folder and let us know.

Server is back up

Initial tests went poorly. Almost all of them crash immediately. A couple pop up windows, but clearly don't work. They're all giving errors. I'll have to do some more research into it tomorrow.

I'll see if I can't tweak them to make them compatible with the 1.12 API.

My addons don't seem to work. All I see is pic related. The game also says that most of my addons are out of date, when they are actually up to date. Also, Luna is not visible in the addon list, even though I placed it in the addon folder. What do?

Lovelybones looking for invite, please.

Also, check 'em.

Very nice

Lovely numbers.

more and more boring homogenized bullshit

that axe seems like some good shit. I wish my activation E-mail have gotten here.

I'm gonna join, and the only experience with WoW i've had was in a private server 8 years ago, I rolled a blood elf paladin and I played till level 14.
I also vaguely remember losing to a cunt priest who spammed Smite. I hope I don't get assblasted.

there's a hammer in the same room that's better though that axe would be a rogue's nightmare in pvp.

What are some good addons to help me with quests? I need:
-Something to help me find quests easier in minimap
-Something to show the the target(s) on map
-Something to keep track of a quest easier

I just play the WoTLK on Dalaran wow. It's pretty comfy.

INVITE PLS

Character name: Crawlin
Lvl 20 priest

Toss me an invite as well
Char: Notaflame
lvl 38 mage

Fuck. I get that they're busy right now, but that doesn't make this suck any less.

I mean at this point id be fine making a whole new character but I cant even do that.

If you fuck up, just FD and try again.
Ill try making a video guide later, just can't be fucked atm.

Not sure if Warlocks can do this method too.
If you got a lock and want to attempt it, try standing on the very edge of the waterfall and try and get your pet to path down with send pet, if you can pull with pet aggro from the top the rest should be the same.

Sweet guide man. Thanks for the work.

How you should fix that is by copying stuff from the folder under WTF/Account/Nostalrius Begins PVP/ to WTF/Account/Nostalrius PVP/

Use shaguquest
shagu.org/shaguquest/

watch this get fixed in like a week while shit like reversed auras, broken chests and incomplete quests stay untouched.

I've checked and there is no "Nostalrius Begins PVP" folder. There is, however "Nostalrius PVP" folder.

invite please
Char: Bazzookles
lvl 5 warlock

Then you never played on nost before with that install.
Dunno, it should probably go away once some setting is correct under that folder.

Tauren hunter.

retarded person here

why are they starting a fresh server in few weeks? will they keep starting these every once in a while? what is the point of this upcoming fresh server, and will I get fucked up the ass if I start playing right the fuck now?

Only one fresh server, and they're doing it because it will attract more players knowing that they can start on equal footing with everyone else if they're new.
If you're making a new character I would recommend waiting until fresh, but I really don't know how many will stay on the old one or go fresh anyway.

two reasons I can think of: keeps some load off the other two and encourages people who feel kinda leery towards the idea of levelling on a pvp server that's filled with 60s.

I was kinda considering starting fresh and wanted to roll troll fury warrior, I know all the MT's are going to be tauren warriors but I heard fury could do some good DPS as well.

Also trolls should have throwing spears.

why that server?

fury dps is pretty much the highest because glancing blows don't work properly.

When I choose 144hz in graphics, and okay, it goes back to 60hz. How to fix.

Throw Moogatu a guild inv

are the servers still getting fucked? I haven't gotten any other activation mails other than the 3 invalid ones I got this morning.

I've been trying EVERY SINGLE COMBINATION THATS FLOATING IN MY H EAD

That's a Dranei, not an elf.

is caps lock on?

im on ur mum

Not every rare is an elite mob. Some of them aren't particularly stronger than normal mobs while some of them will slap your shit around pretty hard.

What's wrong with glancing blows?

in the original retail, fury warriors were absolute shit unless you had a good bit of +weapon skill because against any enemy your level or higher there's a chance of your attacks just doing less damage and there's nothing you can do about it. this doesn't happen on any private server I've ever played.

Ya I played Warrior for most of retail vanilla. So what you're saying is that there's no glancing blows on the hit table or are there glancing blows but the damage isn't reduced? AKA Warriors are still crit capped but autos do full dmg or Warriors not crit capped lolhavefun?

I've literally never seen glancing blows show up at all in the combat log on Nost, Elysium or Kronos. I really wouldn't know the details aside from that.

FUCKING UNDEADS AND TAURENS SCRAM BACK TO YOUR OWN STARTING ZONES

at least undead have the excuse of wanting to get honored with a kalimdor faction asap.

I'm with you brother.. Hang on.

Megumin is shit

As long as you understand that Lich is best girl.

this

GO BACK TO RETAIL YOU FUCKING CANCER

Are we doing the fresh start? I'm tempted to join up but I'd rather not level a pointless character

It wouldn't be the same without you faggots

Sup faggots, cheer up cause you might get to play with the coolest kid in the block.
I just need to know some, does this work with pirated wow?

Nope, make sure to email blizzard with your contact information so they send you a legacy server copy and an appropriate charge.

Should i steal?

Wat

absolutely. steal it several times and post the salt here.

Couldn't. Got cockblocked by a harpy.

Should I even bother leveling my mining up?

Same here. Also, the server is shit at the moment, why even play on it ?

Anyone have a list or guide on how to keep up with gear and weapons for warrior as I level up?

Horde side.

as far as two handed weapons go and trying to keep as many BoE's out of it as possible.

for 1-10 just grab a vendor 2h weapon, assuming you didn't fuck up and roll Troll/Gnome/NE but afterwards here are the goodies:
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=3488 good till 14 or so then grab db.vanillagaming.org/?item=15424 which is from a quest chain starting from Thrall. keep it until you either run deadmines for db.vanillagaming.org/?item=7230 or buy db.vanillagaming.org/?item=4818 from various vendors. watch out because it's kinda expensive. at 26 either run BFD for db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6909 or grab db.vanillagaming.org/?item=12249 from a vendor, until you're 29 and then get db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6687 asap. at 30, you can start on the whirlwind weapon quest and for the love of god pick the axe even if you aren't an orc. after that the first real upgrade available is db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13018 but don't feel too bad if you can't afford it. two other options, though not quite as good, are db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9418 and db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9413 both drop from the same boss. after that you can run Maraudon for either db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17766 or db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17730. the mace is better but both are pretty good. at level 50 you should immediately do AV and get db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19106, it'll last until 60.

generally speaking though anything that's slow, with a good top end damage and strength is good.

Bump

Holy hell.

Thank you big time, user.

They are just as bad, if not worse

Is there an ETA on the fresh server? Id rather start there I think

I would like to able to roll human since they're good at every class but their animations for anything but casting suck. So Night Elf it is. Warrior. I've tried every fucking class as an altaholic in this game and the only class I've never come back to or in any MMO is the warrior/tank. Usually I burn myself out on everything else before I consider when really I should be playing it first. Always the safest choice.

What's the fucking difference?

strange, i consider the animations for nelfs to be piss poor

I'll probably roll a dorf something on it if the guild doesn't move.

Some are but it's more about several guilds competing for the already limited recruiting pool.

yes

1. Level something else to 60
2. Have that 60 feed your warrior buff food/cloth/pots/gold
3. At 30 have someone in the guild help you get a whirlwind axe
4. At around 45 either buy something off auction house or to go maraudon (i think) for a half decent polearm that drops off one of the bosses
5. At 58-60 get the av crossbow quest. Except you arent getting the crossbow you are getting the polearm. If you managed to make some bank this far or found something better in one of the 60 dungeons you should get the crossbow as its a great stat stick for a fresh 60

They're announcing the date on the 25th. They want to soak up as many players for the transferred people to mingle with otherwise they know everyone would choose fresh instead. So basically the impatient will invest in a character before fresh and stay there for good is the idea.

now for one handed weapons. starting at 20 because that's when you get dual wield.

suck a blacksmith's dick for db.vanillagaming.org/?item=3491 or make one yourself, it isn't hard to make. the trouble is skilling up to it. at around the same level go to the Barrens and start the quest to inspect each of the oasises, oasi?, which eventually leads to db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6504. db.vanillagaming.org/?item=5191 is actually better but it's a pain to get. these should last until 25ish at which you should run BFD where one of the bosses drops a quest item that will reward you with a db.vanillagaming.org/?item=16886. db.vanillagaming.org/?item=4825 is also a good one available from vendors. the next good upgrade is from Gnomeregan: db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9446, though it's better in the offhand. goes good with db.vanillagaming.org/?item=3850 which are pretty easy enough to find on the AH. db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6692 is great too even if the stats and speed are kinda shit. after this you'll probably just hold on until you do the quests for RFD and SM for db.vanillagaming.org/?item=10823 and db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6802 respectively. both are kinda overrated but this is about the point where two handers really overshadow dual wield. db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9478 from ZF is good but fuck farming that place for the last boss. at 50ish you get access to some real goodies such as db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17705 which will definitely last until 60 and db.vanillagaming.org/?item=10837 which is also pretty good.

the deal with dual wielding is to put the weapon with the higher top end damage on your mainhand, so try not to have too fast of weapons. I personally prefer two handed but this keeps your skill up for tanking which is nice.

A few other choices:

db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6830 alliance SM quest, start in Desolace
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=7717 great for AoE, always keep it on you
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=6505 and db.vanillagaming.org/?item=1155 are some of the highest DPS weapons at that level range that are easy to get
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9477 another good weapon if you're leveling as fury for some reason

Things to keep in mind: Str and Agi are far worse compared to Spr at early levels - get Silvered Bronze items and start looking for Str/Stam gear for 30+. Weapon speed doesn't matter THAT much before 40.

Level as Arms, especially if you intend to level on a PvP server or do some tanking.

they're more well animated but really out of character and downright goofy at times.

they detected someone having fun and must react accordingly.

Basically, every time someone starts having a little fun people cry on the forums.

just wait for the fresh serv, this one if for thoses who want to continue their old nost character.

i ll not play on it

12g at level 12.

How am I doing so far?

no

I'm running into bugs that didn't exist on the old nost realms. Anyone else come across shit that's fucked up or feel that somethings gone wrong?

I've only bothered to play for maybe an hour or so but I've noticed the spell effect for eviscerate in all kinds of fucked up. it even appears when it misses which it shouldn't.

Are you playing retail?

Trolls are only good for ranged classes, from a PvE minmax point of view.
Orc is best for melee, Rogue and DPS Warrior, Enhance sham.

But play whatever you want, the racials aren't that important.

Heresy!

I fucking hate night elfs so fucking much, everytime I see a lvl ?? nelf while I'm grinding they always fucking chase me for an hour just to get a defenseless player. They're fucking psycopaths. Even dwarf players just knock my shit up with a single stun and leave me alone after than but there's something about the night elf player that turn them into narcomaniacs. FUCKING REMOVE ELF NOW

You are just now realizing this? It has been proven that nelf/belf are almost universally played by the mentally ill.

Wait a moment, you're thinking of rolling one as we speak, aren't you?

The website isn't working and I can't create an account.

You must have me mistaken for someone else more degenerate.

Has anyone else managed to get around the problem of not receiving a confirmation email? I checked the forums a few days ago, and it seems the problem has yet to be fixed. I already tried to use the forgot password function, didn't get that one either. I know I have the right email address.

That's a funny way to spell the Guild Questgiver.

My bad.

Vanilla, ladies and gents.

Even Lunafags can't even remember Luna's
name.
Worst girl.

rip site? ops links aren't loading.

Horde > Alliance ~ Translations

Here's a list I have compiled, so far.

*Use capitalization depending on your preference.
—————————————————————————-

Cooking Owns = Lok'tar Ogar
michael fewf = lok'tar ogar

L t A A F = N I G G A

W R W T = A N A L
1 6 1 3 = A N A L

O Y O = L O L

As As = Ha Ha

A B = G G

ADOR = DOGG

101 101 = zug zug

K D = N O
6 0 = n o

AW = NO

D F Z = L A G

O F P - L A N

O M O M = L A L A

RE RE = KA KA

11 d d c = h a l l o

AW JKL = NO KIL

27 = MU

27 11 11 = MU HA HA

M O O o = A L L I

A B aw W R W T 101 101 L t A A F = G G no A N A L zug zug N I G G A

A B aw JKL aw W R W T As As = G G no KIL no A N A L Ha Ha

A B aw JKL aw W R W T As As M O O o ADOR = G G no KIL no A N A L Ha Ha A L L I DOGG

—————————————————————————-
If you know of anything I have missed, just let me know.

best tits
best ass
best thighs

Megumin a shit and lich is just generic moeshit with cowtits.

rip server
cant connect

PvP server crashed.

I wish I could transform my dorf into an orc or tauren and play with you guys. I want to play my 60, but I don't want to play alliance where I don't know anyone and have to pug.

Any suggestions?

I hate this meme

Vanilla warrior leveling sucks. We're talking self taught eskimo using vietnamese learning material, with testicle flagellation as the only incentive. Possible but a motherfucking pain.

And whoever told you locks are in short supply bullshitted.

But I also heard that max level warrior can basically shit on everyone. But with vanilla leveling is part of the experience more then in live, right?

Warlocks were only in high demand because most people would not play as one because lol 8 debuff limit(which has been removed on some servers) and the fact that warlocks were trash. Warriors however are a bitch to level to 60, and level in general, but are great at pvp at 60, and in demand as tanks pretty much constantly.

Warrior is probably the biggest pain in the ass to level, but I think it's worth it. Only class I've ever gotten to 60 though. Warriors are godlike in vanilla. Every spec is great and the skill ceiling is relatively high.

If the stars align anyone can shit on anyone. Just play whatever you want nigger, and if you're good you'll find a spot whatever you are and if you suck we can still go elf hunting. :^)

Choice made.

As an aside: you'll be expected to tank as a Warrior while leveling and once you reach 60. A DPS Warrior in greens is worthless in dungeons.

Yeah, also keep in mind there is nothing gayer than a lvl 30-something warrior asking in general chat for a tank to join his SM group.

Also be aware almost everything will shit on a warrior at some levels. There is some good information for warrior leveling posted in the thread. One time at around level 30 a warrior of about the same level attacked my affliction warlock. I laughed at him as he slowly died while I kept healing.

To add to this, warrior can tank just fine in DPS specs while leveling.

What about a Nelf lvl 30-something warrior asking in general chat for a tank to join his SM group?

I figured. I've never played vanilla, but everything I've seen about van warriors says that anything other then prot was worthless.

Also sunder was best for aggro.

To be fair he could be asking for a bitchmade priest that's into breastfeeding, I suppose that'd be slightly gayer.

Yeah, I guess that tops the charts.

Fury warriors with proper gear do a shitload of dps at lvl 60. A good one can compete with rogues.

And shit let's be real since I forgot to mention it: the only way you'll get into a 5 man group at 60 as a DPS Warrior is if the tank is a Feral Druid or if the Warrior tanking already has all the gear he needs.

Yup. Billion times easier to tank as Arms early on because of Tactical Mastery though.

Arms Warriors were great in organized vs organized PvP. Fury was great for curbstomping in organized vs pugs. Arms was a no-no for raiding but Fury was one of the better DPS specs in late BWL and onward.

As far as tanking goes, there's a LOT to be said, if you're really interested I can give you a rundown of how to do it properly.

It's not worthless but it's more gear dependent then just about any other class. Also plate repair and the pain of buying food and shit.

I would like the tanking rundown.

Man, do I miss the good old days of running as a fury warrior with the castigator and the grand marshal offhand sword.

Ok starting with concepts then. Your job as the tank is to make sure nobody dies and you do that by controlling aggro/threat and by taking the least damage possible AND never taking burst dmg. Controlling aggro and threat is done with your skills and by assigning kill orders and targets. Taking low damage is done by wearing high armor/avoidance gear, not taking burst damage is done through not getting crit which is accomplished through defense stat and stam.

For skills, you'll generally be under three different scenarios:

Infinite rage is just button mashing, so I won't talk about it. When you don't have infinite rage, you want to prioritize threat per rage (TPR) and dump excess rage with Heroic Strike. Priority is Revenge > Shield Slam > Sunder. When pulling, you need to dump as much threat as possible on all targets as fast as possible before you lose to healing threat.

Or a faggot rogue pulls a mob off you.

The best is when the rogue pops blade flurry before you even get a sunder on any of the pack of mobs you just pulled. Holy fuck does that drive me mad.

Alright, so the hardest part will be cycling through all the enemies in the initial pull it sounds like.

Pretty much, the dps should be able to CC and kill anything before something bad happens as long as the group knows what is going on. Straltholme is a real pain to tank though for anyone.

Yeah, that is generally the hardest part of tanking, I think. Also, when you have to pull a huge pack of mobs like the imps in molten core, your best bet of keeping aggro is just to spam the shit out of battle shout. The attack power your allies gain when they get battle shout translates into threat.

I always found strat pretty easy. Solo tanking UBRS is a real mother fucker though. It can be so frustrating especially when those fucking orc npcs chain stun you.

For actually tanking stuff, the overwhelming majority of the time you'll want to be pulling mobs and packs to a safe area. Reasons for this are: makes it easier for CC to be applied as stuff is running in, lets you Line of Sight enemy casters so the pull gets bunched up for easier tanking/interrupting, removes the chance of patrols aggroing, removes the chance of mobs running away and aggroing other packs, and MOST IMPORTANTLY it allows your healer to sit his ass down and drink so you can keep pulling constantly.

For pulling you want to try to pool as much rage as possible from the previous pull so you can dump extra threat and not lose aggro. Key abilities to use on pulls are Bloodrage (rage gains from abilities give a bit of threat), Battle Shout (gives a bit of threat, important if you need to CC pull) and Berserker Rage (greatly increases the rage you gain from getting hit). Depending on the pull, using Demoralizing Shout early can be a good idea for less dmg taken - Thunder Clap is rarely worth using unless you can safely use Charge.

Some of the best ways to handle large packs are to use hard CCs like Polymorph or Seduce, have a ranged DPS kite away a melee mob, have a pet tank a random mob in the group (let the pet die if needed) or chain stun the first kill target (usually Skull). On your end as a Warrior, you can open up the pull with Taunt on the Skull and not generate threat on it at all, you then use Mocking Blow or Concussive Blow and when either of those end, throw another Taunt on it. Only worth doing on 4-5+ packs so you don't need to worry about generating threat on it. Another method is to have the group kill a caster first and chain interrupt it while you ignore it completely - the caster mob won't do enough dmg to kill your DPS and the healer can top off the DPS after the pull is stabilized.

Anyways, golden rules of tanking 5 mans in vanilla:

No, we can't skip it.
Yes, the pat will pull.
No, we can't AoE it.
Yes, it's faster not to pull every pack back.
Yes, it's faster to pull every pack back than to do a corpse run.
No, we're not helping you do Jail Break.

Pretty much. Usually you'll be limited to tanking 5-6 mobs at a time but since most pulls are 2-5 mobs, it's not really a problem.

You're not supposed to solo tank it unless you're covered in epics. Even in pre-raid BiS, a lot of stuff in there will shit all over a single tank.

I'm a MMO n00bman.
Is tanking hard? Is there anything I should know about it?
I think I might roll a warrior.

Read the past 15 replies. And yes, tanking 5 mans is one of the hardest jobs in PvE, but tanking raids is pretty easy.

I think I did it 4 times on Elysium. It always went really well, except for me sometimes getting frustrated due to the damn stuns. I didn't have any epics, mostly pre-raid BiS but, not completely. On my first run The Beast rekt the absolute shit out of me, but after that I always had a pally in my grp with fire resistance aura and it went well. I actually happened to have the GM of the top alliance guild in my grp and he ginvited me after the run. Too bad they stopped raiding because elysium was shit.

Well I ran it during the first few months of release only, so that probably means that in my memory it's a lot harder than what's there on private server because of new gear, buffed gear and update talents.

Here's a really great guide to tanking and threat.

Forgot the link because I'm retarded.

forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16499

Battle shout is actually killer for pulls. It's unlimited range, not affected by LOS, instant threat. Of course, it's not going to out TPS a HoT or something.

People who say only prot is viable are PVE faggots who haven't experienced the joy of memeing on a nerd with a swing and MS crit.

Really bad advice. Battle Shout threat is divided by number of mobs on the threat list. Not only that, it goes against the idea of a kill order which is what you'll be relying on 99% of the time: you want to split your threat according to the order you'll be killing mobs in: lots of burst threat on the Skull > a bit of threat on all other targets > extra threat on Skull if needed > start building threat on next target > a bit of threat on all other targets, etc. Evenly generating threat on mobs is a bad idea, but a single Battle Shout on the pull is helpful to counter micro increases in threat from mana gains or other buffs people put up by accident.

Yes, which is why it's not 'bad' advice, just terse. You did a better job explaining it.
I don't think that people rolling warrior would be so retarded as to interpret that sentence as 'rage dump with battle shout at every opportunity lel.'
You also forgot to mention, it doesn't stack.

Mainly because the battleshout trick is threat from the act of casting a buff yourself, of course.

Kek.

One's a sophisticated eastern european goat that got booty and the other is a flat chested smelly pothead that probably rolls around in mud because it's "organic" or something.

Draenei are just better

Orcs remain best.

Until Metzen ruined them

Just got dced and now all my shit's fucked. I can't make it to the character screen. I think I triggered a mod and got b&

Nah I'm getting that too.

go to Tirisfal and kill a shitload of spiders. they drop crap that sells upwards of a silver or two per stack.

Tanking isn't that hard tbh, you just need to know your hotkeys well.

If you're a noob, just go DPS.

They're made to be played by people jacking off to porn in a second tab, no MMO role is hard. Belt out your rotation and know the 2/3 mechanics in each fight. Especially in WoW it's a gear carry more than anything else

I'm never taking the wyvern again

30 minute queue which didn't tick down at all in 5 minutes.

RIP.

Couple nights ago had an interesting bug happen where I DC'd in the middle of fighting a turtle, logged back in to find myself dead with my ghost directly above my corpse. Was ressed by a priest on the spot, but for some reason my character couldn't drink or cast abilities. The game was claiming that I couldn't do that while moving. Relogging or alt F4 didn't help with the bug.

Next up a scorpion attacks me, and I run away from it. It doesn't move as I run away, but continues hitting me from a long distance. I ran halfway across the Shimmering Flats and was still being hit.

Then I got ganked, but right before I'd have died… The gankers let me live. They were attacking me on the same spot as the scorpion was attacking. After that the scorpion vanished, presumably dead.

So yeah, I think my priest is fucked.

I had an issue exactly like this, except without a priest to revive me the first time. See if you can get killed again, then exit the game and come back in. If your ghost is warped to the Spirit Healer instead of dumped on top of your corpse, the bug is fixed.

I want to thank all the members of the taskforce in helping to combat organized crime/jewry. We were able to interfere with the dinopoachers and steal two hides off of them; but found ourselves losing an arms race against total faggots. We will need to secure more funding and training of operatives if we are to completely remove china.

WEW

I just decided to make an alt on the PvE server and do the PvP server some other time. I hope my old Nostalrius tauren druid didn't get accidentally deleted or something.

Is hotmail the problem? I created an account last night and I haven't got the confirmation mail yet.

I think it is, I have pressed that fucking resend buttons a few times and only 3 invalid have gotten here, meanwhile I registered a second account with my G-mail address and the activation E-mail came immediately.

And if you don't want to bother with gmail, I used an openmailbox.org throwaway and it came instantly. This was about a week before the server went up though, so I don't know if that's changed at all since then.

Do I level arms or fury?

both are fine until 40 then arms is unquestionably better.

Okay I got my account with gmail. I'll ask for an invite to the guild later tonight.

level prot like a real man

Go to Mulgore, farm Swoops for Small Eggs. While they've been tanking in price, they were still going for about 20s each due to Winter's Veil. I got lucky and sold 4 off for almost 2.5 gold each

Arms is better, I think. Although it really depends on what weapons you have. RNG will sometimes fuck you over while leveling with either spec.

IIRC 2H fury is better until 40, where you switch to Arms.

To elaborate on this a bit: I recommend this order:

Then invest in the Fury tree again

Disclaimer: I haven't actually gotten a vanilla warrior to 60, so take this with a grain of salt.

anger management is pretty terrible and the point would be better spent either maxing out blood craze or getting improved charge.

Not sure I agree with this. Imp Overpower while leveling is where basically all of your burst damage comes from. I would not delay it. Also,
Can you elaborate as to why you would recommend this? I have literally never, not once, used slam while leveling. In fact, I don't think I've ever put it into my rotation at lvl 60 either.

Oh I remember when that would happen to me, but that had been fixed on nost eventually right, or was it kronos?

Lots of people have not been getting the confirmation including gmail, hotmail, and aol to name a few.

What the fuck are these rough stone prices?
2g for a stack?

I have found slam useful if you want to take the effort of timing it to your opponent's attacks and your weapon is MUCH slower than 1.5 sec (1 sec 5/5 improved)

If this keeps up I might aswell just go to the fresh server.

a disposable email service works better

Fucking sweet. Invite Felbot you faggots.

Do they ban for multiboxing?

Depends on who you are.

If you are Chinese or a GM's friend, multiboxing is 100% okay. Otherwise you are banned for having a bank alt.

What if it's "my roommate"

DING DONG BANNU

Is "he" chinese or a GMs friend? :^)

I know it hurts, but really I think I will just wait for the fresh server because I am lazy.

Yeah, you're not allowed to do that for whatever reason.

Shit. I logged in with the second account but didnt make a character. I hope I'm not fucked.

i was in a raid that killed onyxia today on pveafter some wipes

apparently onyxia fears every 15 seconds now; its hard mode for horde, slightly less so if you have an undead tank
shes supposed to fear every 30 seconds instead of 15 seconds, and berserker rage has a 30 second coldown

anger management is actually really good because its bugged to give 1 rage every 3 seconds if your rage is above 0 and aren't in combat; the timer stops and doesnt give 1 rage if you hit 0 rage and aren't in combat

were you low on shaman or something? tremor totem should make that a complete joke.

yes

also when the tank gets feared, ony tends to, well, turn around
and you know what happens when ony turns around

also tremor totem doesnt get rid of the fear, which lasts about 3 seconds, right away, it ticks every 3 seconds and you arent always gonna expect shamans to time the dropping of tremor totem right
i guess on that last attempt where ony died the shaman in g1 dropped it at the right time so fear only lasted half a second or so for the tanks

I'm confused, is this a new server or is this just people getting their characters restored?

This just people restoring their characters on a newly released server. The fresh start server will be announced on the 25.

both.
old server up now
new server will come up
it's just the old thing hosted by new people. Database transfer and all that.

I had 60s on nost, but really that community was a shithole to be honest.

Why would they wait to release new servers? Are people really that butthurt over their 60s getting shoahed?

i dunno.
ask them not me

they're probably just lazy or they wanted to get all those NOPE donations asap so they delayed the fresh server.

What stats are druids supposed to go for? Intellect and spirit right?

Finally got to level 10 on my NElf Warrior. Took fucking forever with so many players. Things are starting to thin slightly though. Darkshore tomorrow.

Disgusting

I fucking hate europeans so goddamn much

Is there any point to playing on the pve server? I thought they were going to wipe it in a month or so.
Or are they bring in a third server?

There will be 4 servers:
Nost PvP
Nost PvE
Fresh PvP
Fresh PvE

The Nost servers have character data from before closure and raid progression as well. The fresh servers start with no previous character data or additional raids open.

who said anything about a fresh pve server
when was that announced if at all?

With a few exceptions I have seen horde to be completely retarded at pvp.

Ill wait for the new server if you guys play horde. I can't stand alliance questing.

Is all that windfury bullshit I used to love as shaman back?

I think so yah

healing power, mp5, and vit followed by int. spirit is basically useless.

The sad lonely life of Paulwalks, forever my he grind in solitude away from normalfags with better ping.

Fear not, I will always be down to do worldpvp, devilsaur ganking will happen anytime I can get a few of you guys plus my buddies

its so much more then that though
allies are allowed to be retarded due to map layout
getting into the ally base is an uphill struggle where the horde base is basically a run across a field

not to mention all the fucking ally shit is right in that one central courtyard so npcs out the ass

I can't go back…

I've been getting so much stuff done…

I can't go back…

in comparision to

How's the weather over there at fort faggot?

Whatever you say user

Can't hear you over my superior civilizations. The only semi-good race the Horde have came with the Burning Crusade, Blood Elves had to give you Horde scum the light of real civilization.
Face it all the hardships that Azeroth faces is because of the filthy greenskins couldn't keep from fucking up every place they go. First their home planet and now Azeroth.

Get out of here you disgusting elf apologist.

That's how bad the Horde is, they have to rely on not just elves, but magic addicted fruits for any semblance of real civilization.

I said go back to your elven fuck boy you disgusting degenerate. You shame your people by defending such disgusting creatures. You know the reason we play horde is to avoid night elf players right?

Fucking greenskin scum thinking that I'm defending knife ears, all I'm saying is that they're superior to the inferior races, especially alien scum.
I know but I'm just having some fun here user. But I can't help but love the humies in this setting because of playing the strategy games as a kid.

Listan ear you lip flappin git. Humies moiht be decent fightas, but saying dose punie knife ears is better dan anyfing is just yous being a codger.

Now listen hear you damn yellow toothed, mildew/and or shit smelling, greenskinned alien scum. elves are indeed better than you're civilization because at least they didn't blow up their home planet to such a terrible degree that they literally have to run to a new world to be able to live past the age of 30.

The only ally players I ever saw who were worth a damn were dwarves. But I'll give it to you that the humans had some great campaigns.

makeazerothgreatagain

Once you hit 40 and switch from Fury to Arms, you have 31 talent points to dump into Arms. So you won't have to wait for Imp Overpower. As for imp Slam, it does pretty decent damage with a slow enough weapon. That said, 3/3 Blood Craze, 2/2 Improved Execute, and 2/2 Improved Intercept is also acceptable. As 60 arms, it likely wouldn't be a practical part of the rotation, since you can't put any points into it without sacrificing MS.

Again, I could be completely off the mark here. Farthest I got a vanilla warrior was 31 back on Kronos.

what has been done to address the Xiao menace? I'd like to come back and play my 60 priest i had but I honestly cannot deal with the chinese.

pls guys. I lost my folder

limit their birthrates

At least the orcs are only responsible for blowing up the world one time, unlike elves.

inb4 I get banned for this.

yeah, this pretty much checks out. Overpower spam till 40, then Slam between every swing of your bigass 2her till Mortal Strike, from then on MS is your bread and butter.

This overwhelming excitement I am experiencing now.

Does anyone know a good weapon for rogues?
something thats level 50+?

Rend's swords from UBRS are pre-raid BiS I think. Go for those.

Invite me to infinity ==NOW==

Character name: Crawlin

Vanilla 1.12.1 Addon Database
addons.us.to/addons

Pre-Raid BIS Gear - All Classes Doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TdTqUiDQ-wpHG2z58kLPMV1GJk5uIjIPL0InhRyyTY8/edit?pli=1#gid=406513443

'Onyxia Attunement Guide
wow-strategy.com/onyxia-attunement-how-to-do-the-horde-quest-chain/

I don't think I'll be playing this again now that I have a full time job and lots of other vidya to play, but does the Nostalrius server include the old guilds? Would I still be in Infinity if I logged in?

do you have the thrash blade from Mara yet?

Yes, unless you were kicked.

I think there was like a 1 week rollback from when nost got shutdown. So if you weren't playing at that time, everything should be exactly how you left it.

yeah I got that, just need a good offhand if that weapon is still good.

last boss of ST drops a good dagger but the stats on it are random.

My dogs gonna get put down today, I don't really know what to think right now, just in a constant state of confusion and sadness.

How stable is the server, how bad is the saturation, are there any chinks, and how many infinifags are currently active?

Shit pet anyway, tame a bat or a lion next time.

great, now i need to change my sleep schedule to accommodate playing a particular game all because of greedy euroshits and amerifats

I swear it's like at least 1/3 Germans.

Crikey mate, a dingo eat your baby or something?

all those doctors and engineers on their break no doubt

It wasn't so much leading as it was telling the shitty players what to do while the good players did good stuff naturally. I noticed that the players moved in more of a crowd rather than scattering like without raid warnings. If you ever do AV, /w the current raid leader and ask if you can have it so that you can /rw

I just logged out, I wasn't thinking.
Tried to get back in.

I'm going to fukken bed ay.

Just workout in the meantime.

is it just me or is aggro and leash radius fuck on this server? a bear 2 levels under me attacked from behind a tree and chased me all the way back to Kharanos.

Why this

something went right

also I didn't have thorns even though the place is swamped with elfugees.

Okay I'm in, no queue, everything is fine.

Do we have like a vola, or a discord or something?

we have a discord, you can get the link if you're in the guild.

today, i killed domo in MC with the kite strat
on the way back with the last 1 or 2 elite flamewalkers, the hunter pulled an anhillator pack and a firelord with him, but we killed the last flamewalker anyway and the chest spawned, then everyone died

and then
the chest despawned before the lava spawns did, and nobody got to loot it

All I need to know if Windfury can proc off itself like it used to, anyone running an Enhanc shammy that can verify?

when does the new server start? and whats gonna be more fun, surv hunter or enh shammy for pvp?

welp, gg boys

Heard it was going to be announced on the 25th

As for fun, I remember the days when windfury would proc of off itself to one-shot people with a good two hander, so enhanc shaman has that going for them

Axe of Orgrimmar or Zhovur?

Turns out I've forgotten my account details for old nost . Tried a bunch of things I thought it could be but nope. Deleted old install too, so rip Holylass.

Probably won't reroll on the nost server but will on the new server when it launches. Will any other be doing the same?

Guild is staying on old server cos they're tired of rerolling

Well fuck. What's quick to level then? Mage or Hunter I guess?

How leveled are most people so far

Anyone online in the guild that is willing to invite me?

lots of people are 60 and stuff. I'm not even in the guild atm, I level pretty casually

A bunch of people have rolled new characters in the last few days and there are often just as many or even more non-60s than 60s online in the guild when I look.