Is there anything special about this collection or are these just straight ports of the GBA games?

Is there anything special about this collection or are these just straight ports of the GBA games?
I'll be getting an R4i on 2~3 weeks so i can play it but i could just play the GBA ones on my PSP right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_Zero_Collection
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There a game mode where you basically marathon all four games back-to-back.

Outside the music being softer and an easy mode which completely removes any semblance of challenge, they're the same.

on easy mode with max hp and all upgrades off the bat

there's a mini-game section and a gallery section for in game cg and some concept art stuff too I think, as well as the aforementioned easy mode 'marathon', but aside from that they're just straight ports. If you have a cfw 3ds you can find .cias of the gba games fairly easily

I guess that i will just try the gba ones and play collection when my R4i arrives

too bad the also ocasionally run like ass
especially every part where you slide down walls

I believe Zero 3 has its e-Reader stuff built in within the Collection.

I was a cheaper alternative for me to -buy- the Collection than the GBA originals

You can't unlock the bonus thing in ZX with the collection.

Music has more quality because the GBA verisons were murdered so they could be played on it's shitty hardware, and some characters have a couple more animation frames, that's pretty much the only major differences.

you can unlock cosmetic changes to the base in megaman zero 3 (ie its snowing, this one NPC is now younger, the elevator is made out of wood, etc)

What bonus thing?

Not that guy but
Biometal Model Omega

Theres a "cheat menu" that alters Z3 if you play through all 4 games plus a gallery

Cmon though, the whole series in one package? Its great

I think there is a casual mode that gives you all upgrades from get go, so you can just enjoy the story and be awesome robot ninja badass without earning it.

Megaman Zero was the game I played that had one of the best player-to-character interaction to date. The inputs are very responsive and to do well in MMZ to the point of getting the higher ranks you need the speed, reactions and precision that Zero would need in the games themselves. There are barely any cutscenes, and the cutscenes that are there are things tha Zero can do with normal gameplay. There are no quick-time events - there is no magic "press X button to kill the monster!" that completely disconnect the player from the character. Playing the game is a huge challenge, but if you reach the point where you can get A's and S's consistently in missions you have essentially become Zero by finishing missions quickly with minimal-to-no damage taken like the legendary Reploid could supposedly do.

Mostly sure the DS collection runs smoother than the GBA versions.

Pretty sure you didn't need a Zero Cart for Omega.

Yeah, Zero 3 has all of its e-Reader content available as unlockables. Good thing since last I checked some of the e-Reader stuff doesn't work even on an emulator.

A Zero 3 or Zero 4 cart lets you get Model O easily but it's not a necessity for actually getting the Biometal; with a Z3 or Z4 cart you can fight the Mavericks from those games to get Model O (it's what all those boss doors on the way to Model O are for), without a Z3/Z4 cart you can just fight Omega.

You can just use gameshark or action replay cheats on the GBA games

Good to know

megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_Zero_Collection

Lots of pointless censorship.

Most of those listed changes to avoid actually saying "die" make sense given the characters, honestly. I'd expect Elpizo to say "meet your end" instead of "die" for instance, and they're still saying the same thing.

When's the next game?