What's best for PC as far as controllers? Something official like a PS3/PS4/360/Xbone controller...

What's best for PC as far as controllers? Something official like a PS3/PS4/360/Xbone controller, or is there a third-party PC-only controller you're rocking?

I'm looking at a PS3 or PS4 controller but I have no idea what advantages one has over the other. Currently using a 360 controller and the general weight to it is nice as well as the L2/R2 being axes so that stuff like pressure-sensitive buttons on the Gamecube works, but I like the Playstation layout to a controller more.

PS4 is fine.

I just use a PS2 controller with SCP

Xbone's bretty gud. Works fine for most modern games. I heard the newest model doesn't need a proprietary dongle to connect wirelessly. It works all fine through a USB cable, though.

Anything. It's all down to personal preference.
If you want it for Gamecube emulation get a Steam controller. They have analog/digital triggers just like the Gamecube.

In my experience, Steam controller is the best controller available. A shit load of buttons, configurable as fuck, everything works as intended and it has the best and most well implemented gyroscope ever.
The downsides?

I won't buy one because of compulsive steam to configure it (even though I do have a Steam account and Steam installed). I just don't like the idea. But if you really want a good controller and don't mind the bullshit of not being able to fully configure it without going into Steam, go for that.

As an alternative, I like PS4 controller. The WiiU pro is great, but the triggers are buttons, so it isn't that good for games with driving sections.

PS4 or xbone elite
also why captcha on every post? is bui at it again?

Does PS4 have a Z-axis for two shoulder buttons along the lines of the 360?

Bui's at it again, yeah. Varying up his spam a bit this time too.

check this webm out

Yes. The DS4 is the one to go with if you want out of the box bluetooth support and a decent dpad plus all the features of the 360 controller. Though you do need DS4 to Xinput mapper for most games including dolphin (if you want the rumble to work). This makes things slightly more complicated than simply plugging in a usb x360 controller. I've had issues with the ds4 losing connection sometimes and having to reset.

Wired 360 is still the best as long as you don't need a good dpad, something no other modern controllers have either. All this wireless shit is exactly that, shit.

I like the Edge 301 by Hori.

good d-pad? wii u pro. analog triggers? ds4. microsoft can't seem to get the controller right.

Wii u pro, ds4, even logitech are all much better than microsoft's. I played on a 360 for years and found the dpad to be unacceptable even for weapon selection/inventory. I could press left and it would register up right sometimes.

that sounds like a faulty pad, at worst most 360's get diagonal or register inputs from the neighbor, not the opposite input.

The DS4 is by far the best controller for PC, especially now that Steam has official support for it and thus any Steam game will support it, including games that needed the x360 controller emulator before.

Retards think you need special software to pair it with Bluetooth. This is false, you just need to hold the PS button and the Share button at the same time while Windows is scanning for BT devices and then pair it.

DS4 is pretty good. Can even use the touchpad as a very dodgy touchpad if required.

sad retard fell for the meme

Third party config software that was out for years before official support and has far more options, yeah.

I don't get it. Did the controller play that song?

Official support for what?
The DS4 is seen as a generic BT controller from Windows, it was always supported

That isn't true.

Can you adjust the light bar color and brightness, use the rumble feature in games, and enable the touchpad without third party software? No? Then fuck off.

Yes you can
If the game has controller support than yes, the DS4 will work on it though Steam. Making the old x360 emulator obselete. Steam provides their own DirectInput wrapper

Those all are wireless and/or have shit symmetrical stick layouts. Asymmetrical wired master race.

In my opinion all you ever need right now are two controllers.

-A wired 360 controller for any game that focuses on the sticks.

-A PS4 controller for any game that uses the d-pad a lot, i've heard that the new Pro version of the controller works better natively on PC now, and also Steam recognizes it better or something, if any of this gives you problems you can use DS4Windows, super easy to setup, doesn't contain malware or stupid shit, and makes your PC recognize it as a simple 360 controller so EVERYTHING will work with it, no matter what.

i'm a big fan of hori's d-pad/buttons, have they improved the sticks in this model?

ds4 for games that have controller support, steam controller for those that don't.

the steam controller is honestly pretty good, I played through ds3 and dragons dogma with it and had no issues. The only downside is its fucking massive and the pads are woefully underutilized by developers, they always opt for the tiny analog stick for some bizarre reason. If you go through and set up the control scheme yourself it works well. I have it set up with dragons dogma so whenever I hit the left bumper to use my bow it'll turn on gyroscope aiming so I can knock out shots pretty precisely.

What the fuck is with all the steam controller shills this thread?
It's like you could be a bit less obvious about your kikery

YOU FUCKING SHILL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes. It's rumble feature can rumble at specific frequencies to produce music. It's usually used to add tactile feedback to those touchpads.

Be gone, shills

Remember kids, when you've been called out on your bullshit, never admit you were wrong, always double down and post a reaction image.

Nice dubs thread we got here

X360, DS3. Xbone, or DS4.
They're all good. Pick one based on your preference.

DS4 is my personal favourite.

A simple xshit controller works pretty damn good tbh.
Watch out for the PS4 memesters though.
Unless you like fucking with 3rd party drivers and configuring that shit all the time more than actually playing games.

Have you tried one of these?

I just got a DS4 for my PC. Don't even own a PS4. I really like it, it feels nicer than my old DS3 and the support is actually better, also the touch pad is nice for launching games. As a side note if you use Steam they are doing their own controller support for DS4 which is pretty sweet.

was I the only retard to pinch his fingers with the L2/R2 buttons?

das sum high quality schiit right there mane

only good for 2 genres, one of which is dead the other of which is lol fps

Sony came out with a dongle for it.

DS4 is all you need for PC, great layout, shape and the touchscreen is very useful for controlling the cursor.

360 Xbone Ds3 Ds4

Yes the console ones are better than any PC peripheral one. Just something I found out OVER THE YEARS OF PLAYING GAMES ON THE PC.

Sorry, no.

I've got an X360 and a WiiU pro controller that I switch between depending on the game. The WiiU controller has digital triggers, so it's better for games like dark souls where analogs are a bit too fuzzy for an on/off action button. I got a mayflash wiiu controller adapter for PC to use it, and it works beautifully.

this planned obsolescence of controllers really fucking grinds my goddamn gears. Any gamepad, without question, will have its analog sticks and buttons degrade significantly over the course of 1-3 years and makes you need to buy a new one for optimal playing experience, because at this point buttons and analog sticks will be faulty and less responsive, almost always the analog sticks won't center correctly anymore. One would imagine how easy it is, given current technology, to gather and make reliable, sturdy components that can withstand the laughably small impact of human usage, but I guess I gotta jew those goyim outta their money, can't just let them have a controller that lasts a respectable amount of time! Video games and PC are a business first, goy!

Maybe its you, bro.

They'll last forever if you spend all of your time shitposting on imageboards instead of playing videogames :^)

KB+M

You can just open the controller case and replace the sticks/pads you know…
Usually all they need is a good clean.
Separately the parts are extremely cheap, you can buy them directly from china yourself.

Stop being a retard.

It might not be the best, but it's cheap, it's comfy, and it works with fucking everything as being wired, 2.5ghz and Bluetooth.

Oh its not that. I just realize they were made to be used with the minimum force that a 3 year old starving girl could apply to the buttons and sticks.

In other words, stop mashing buttons like a chimp and also don't throw your controllers around like angry retards.