Objective Taste

Post a game, Holla Forums explains why it hates it.

Community and trying to be smart by having regular RPG mechanics that in reality are useless.
It is not smart it is pretentious, or if you prefer meme.

Now easy one.

Always online DRM couple with poor itemization and stale character progression with too much focus on replay when there is no replay value and incredibly boring combat.

People hate JSRF?

dubs

You have to play through the game multiple times to unlock everything and full synchro is a shit mechanic.

That's an interesting one.

I never played JSRF so I can't really form an opinion as to if I hate it or not. I love the OG JSR so I'm assuming I'd adore JSRF just as much, if not more.

this

I hate it because it was never fucking ported to anywhere else even after all these years.

As someone who played both, JSRF is the better game hands down. The new movement mechanics make the game much more engaging as your essentially playing a rhythm game while you play JSR and the better you play the faster you go. The Boost feels fast, the maps are designed with the mechanics in mind and more so than the first game. And the famous soundtrack is still great.
The only problem with the game is its only on xbox. If you want to play it you gotta emulate it or shell out for a xbox and a copy. I did the later and despite the cost I dont regret it. Though I would've preferred a Steam release or a modern console release which would also bump the performance, and allow the devs to iorn out some small technical bugs.

yes

you are in for a surprise if you think that

At least [some class of enemies] were kinda hot.

Sega lost the sourcecode my dude.

ALSO FUCK THIS CAPCHA

Morrowind was a hilariously buggy mess of an RPG that traded expansive provinces, a world-spanning quest, and procedurally generated content in exchange for a more detailed 3D island, and it only barely pays off. The game is hilariously easy to break, suffers from several major mechanical/balancing flaws (most notably with combat), locks annoying amounts of content behind factions and questlines, and has very little diversity among repeat playthroughs of the main story and with different races (even, and especially, Dark Elves).

Oh, you mean like an RPG where your choices have consequences?
FUCK YOU

hurr! more liek craptcha

No PC port

The fanbase, shamelessly ripped off of tons of older JRPGs, wasn't that good, furries

Always online

You make that thread EVERY DAY, todd. KNOCK IT OFF

Not enough music. You can't fuck Kosmos. Game is alright though.

Miss miss miss, otherwise morrowind is baller.

If I had a dollar for every magic sword, key, and note that only magically appeared only AFTER I finished finding some chump's diary in the bottom of a blocky cave in that game, I'd be able to afford a gun and a bullet for Christmas. "Choices" having "Consequences" doesn't mean a whole lot when they boil down to "Stab/Rob him and hope the key doesn't vanish to the aether" or "Suck his dick and hope you don't have to do five more favors" with the occasional shortcut of getting to say "Please" and skip to the next instance of gagging on some Mer's problems.

Frame it however you want, JRPGfag. Some games have content you're not going to see on your first play. Deal with it. People like you are why modern games are all railroaded hovering-waypoint filled-mini-map shit-fests.

the good: JSRF removed time limits. The game is open and up for exploration. It's pretty fucking big too

the bad: simplified graffiti mechanics remove tension and reduce player thought. Everything is now hold-the-button regardless of tag size. This wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't also removed the time limit. As it is, it kind of makes it feel easy mode.

as of August 2015, XQEMU was getting there. Embed related

bullshit. Far more likely Microsoft has an exclusivity contract on it like the same shit that kept the US from getting Vesperia.

Okay, shoot.

No one has ever posted a compelling gameplay video of Skyrim.

Controls are janky as fuck. Only on a dead system. Sequel NEVER EVER.

Bland controls. Illusion of choice and morality. A lot less minfucky meta mechanics than it pretends to have. Edgy tumblr fanfic-tier writing.

GRINDING and skinnerbox loot mechanics that make it no better than Borderlands, even though Borderlands got its inspiration from D1 and D2

Shit combat. World that doesn't react to your decisions. Shit combat. Shit character building system. Shit combat. She crafting system. Shit combat. Empty world with copy paste dungeons. Dungeons that are linear and predictable with the same single puzzle in practically all of them. SHIT COMBAT.

True. But the timer and such was there originally cause the first game was very much arcade-y. Without it there the game is more about going fast and being stylish, and you have the freedom to experiment with movement which is arguably better. Not to mention some of the larger maps in JSRF would be game design suicide to have a timer on, as one fuck up could lead to ruin. I.E. the Bottom of the Sewer for first timers.

did you miss the part where I was praising the removal of time limits?
Free explore in the first game would have been god-tier, if only because the only way to get relatively pressure-free time to explore and find graffiti souls was to do JET Technique since it always counts as a success

the only part of the game I don't like the simplified graffiti

OH BOY I SURE DO LOVE AMUSEMENT PARKS. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH, I WILL DO THE SAME BORING SHIT 3 TIMES IN A ROW WITH NO FUCKING VARIATION ONLY TO END IN A FIGHT THAT IS A GLORIFIED CUTSCENE FOR A NIGH USELESS MECHANIC

Directionless game riding off the 'tycoon' craze that needs fan patches and cheat/debug toggles to be remotely playable compared to similar titles. Lacks the mechanical depth of other simulation games, and the creativity of other park games.

Incredibly linear and easy RPG only saved by its pacing and characters. Outdid FF7 in the "cutscene/setpiece as plot" department and paved the way for FF10 to do it even more egregiously. Lacked both the interesting worlds, neat minigames, and interesting mechanics of the games that came before and after it.

that's what ever casual says about games too old for them.
not relevant to game quality
not relevant to game quality
subtle bait

I love that game as much as I hate it. I love the idea of the game's combat, but its terribly slow at the start with enemies taking loads of hits, outside of the story introduction not much of the world seems interesting outside of exploration, and maybe it gets added later but a fast travel system would be nice

DD has problems but anyone who hates it legitimately hates fun. In terms of gameplay I've never played an ARPG that felt this good.

It's hard to actually say bad things about good games, but JSR and JSRF do have wonky controls.

Seemingly too ambitious for it's own good. Obscures a lot of mechanics and does a poor job of explaining things like the affection system, the damage system, and stat growth. Recycles a ton of content, to the point that some areas are near identical, just flipped around. BBI is especially bad about this. The Everfall is a goddamned copy and paste crime.
Still one of the best damned action RPGs ever to grace vidya, and even with all of its grievious faults, it still surpasses the various award-winning Triple Ayyy shit piles that pass for vidya these days

>grievious faults
Sounds like a weapon in Dragon's Dogma

How could anyone hate JSRF, I don't understand.