What good Star Wars games are there that story wise and aesthetics wise stay as close as possible to the original movie...

What good Star Wars games are there that story wise and aesthetics wise stay as close as possible to the original movie trilogy? Anyone with half a brain knows that the extended universe is shit-tier. So far the only games that I know that feel like the movies are vanilla SW: Empire at War and pre combat update SW: Galaxies and maybe the old Battlefront games if you don't count the clone wars fuckery.

well the jedi academy games had the best lightsaber combat
after that you've got battlefront games
republic commando was ok
there's also a mod for mount and blade (and warband) that's fun, especially because there's gambling minigames

Fuck off to reddit.

The Jedi Knight games are fun as fuck. But I can't stand the EU shit that's in it.
Kyle Katarn was a fucking badass though. Some things in the EU are really fucking cool but most of it needs to die.

Just fuck off to reddit. That's the community for true Star Wars nerds such as yourself that only view kosher Star Wars movies like Rogue One and Force Awakens as the true sequels to the OT.

So is the original trilogy. It's all a clusterfuck. Lore was never a strong point of Star Wars, despite the efforts and claims of autists to the contrary. Might as well just play the games that are fun.

You're a faggot and I bet your favorite comic is the one where Luke turns to the dark side.

Yeah, but he's already alive again in the preview for the next episode.
I'm betting Piccolo will start his heart again like when Frieza punched Gohan.

place one pipe and have its end stick out above water
attach more pipes to the bottom of first pipe
run into pipe to restore oxygen

Personally, if a game has an unprompted "examine" mechanic for random shit on the floor/walls/furniture or corpses (like Resident Evil, for example) I do it compulsively

not true, what you mean is the base pipe pump you can build on your base to extend pipes out into the area around it
good for really deep sea asshattery , without having to use a sub all the time

The problem with the lore is that leftist retards that think they are talented writers have this urge to explain everything away removing the mystery and grandeur of the setting.

OT mentions the Clone Wars but doesn't expand on them, they're part of the background noise meant to give the setting a feeling of history, much like the used up, dirty, rusty equipment is meant to visually convey. The Jedi are a mysterious order of monk warriors with supernatural powers that are no more, the Sith are evil Force users, etc. The more time went on the more they attempted to fill these holes and ruin the charm of the setting, the more bloated and epic the backstory of each named character in the movies got, the more ridiculous the Force powers became.

It's the worst kind of power creep, taking a simple (space) fantasy story and butchering it into something it's not. Jedi Outcast are the least offensive in that regard since they don't use much of the EU, and the narrative itself is self contained.

Bravo, you're so monumentally stupid you had to resort to starwmanning. What has that bit of EU to do with your complaints about the story of Jedi Outcast? Do the games reference Palpatine's resurrection?

Like I said, fuck off to reddit, that's the place for someone with your debating skills.

I think they made an arcade tower or two.

Fucking this.

He supported his sister all the time, like a double agent, and hated Noctis because tough that he is not worthy of Luna sacrifice.
He tried to put a ring in KG to get a burden of chosen king by himself but got rejected.

Mario maker from 7 years ago, actually i wouldnt be surprised if it inspired the latter to exist because nintendo DMCAd the creator. It has slopes

What was the name of that Christmas special about the elf that wanted to be a rapper?

that robutt fucks krillin until he passes out every chance she gets
and besides, would you prefer
or

Nintendo makes PCs now?

Reminder if you care about politics, you don't belong here and you're a normalfag.

Go back to wherever you came from

Sounds like I need to get into MH. Which game is most relevant if I don't have a Wii U?

How can you actually think that when the second half is rushed and unfinished

Episode VII went ahead and made those both canon. :^)

Anything with Kyle Katarn especially Jedi Outcast and beyond as that's when it fully switches from Doom mod to own game.

Any SW RTS, I can't remember if it's Galactic battles that uses the AoE 2 engine but that's the one to go for hands down.

KOTOR, obviously.

Revenge of the Sith for Ps2 (and now 3) is remarkably good and has some fantastic alternate costumes.

I'd also recommend Jedi Power Battles if you enjoy arcade beat-em up types.

Also, obviously, Super star wars

Oh and Battlefront, duh.

Holla Forums are furries? That would actually explain a lot

No, but there's nothing wrong with furries it's just another fetish

in the EU han solo actually had a black girlfriend who he ran out on because she wanted to get married. it actually makes sense that she'd show up and start shit

You’re retarded.
Double retarded.

That’s all we need to know, ladies and gents.

but Holla Forums STILL got triggered.

Commit suicide.

It literally is just a fetish.

I've yet to see a Holla Forums user get triggered mein friend.

=Trump won ha ha=

He didn't. Russia did but let's stay on topic.

Star Wars. The new EU has an ASSASSIN c3p0 and an evil R2D2 who work with Vader how flippin' cool is that?

Will we ever see Force Unleashed 3? If so what would you want to see?

Kotor is as far as it gets from the original trilogy tho.
It's canonized EU

Ah I misread, I assumed he wanted the feel of the OT and Kotor tends to have the same tech and nods

Looks like you got triggered.

Reported.

Not even trying now.

Reported.

Where?

My posts

Your posts

hmmm…but stay on topic.

-_- why is it…when I try to keep on topic, you people report me?

I JUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT STAR WARS

HAHAHAHA HERE'S A LITTLE LESSON IN TRUMP WON HAHAHA LEFTYS BTFO HAHAHAHAHAHA GETTIT GETTIT XDDDDXDDDXXDDDDD'\
OH ME ME, I'M A GATE GATE GATOR JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE SITE NO LEFT WING THOUGHT HERE PLEASE NO MORE LEFT THOUGHTS NO MORE BAD THINKINGS ONLY AASD SAFUCKING Holla Forums APPROVED THOUGHT!!!! OHHHH GAMEGATE!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!

I am tired of seeing you all act like zombies. That's what's """up"""

You're controlled, brainwashed by a life you're used to living. You're controlled like…fucking robots and yet "HA HAHAHA LEFTY POL HAHAHAHA GET BACK TO THERE xDDD HAGAHAHAHAHA xDD BTFO TRUMP WON TRUMP WON LMFAO LIBERAL TEARS"

AND GUESS WAHT? IT GETS PRETTY FUCKING TIRING HEARING IT DAY IN AND DAY OUT!!!

I CAN'T STAND THIS SHIT, HOW ABOUT YOU PEOPLE WAKE UP TO THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE LITERAL NAZIS ON THIS SITE BRAINWASING YOU!

HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE LITERAL PEDOPHILEs, RAPISTSas, ACTUALY HERE?!? HUH!?

NAH, NAH, THAT'S ALL NOTHING COMPARED TO LE LEFTYPOL LOLOLOL THEY WANT THE BEST FOR EVERYONE

AND LET ME GUESS I GET BANNED AGAIN RIGHT????

Just play games with samurai or cowboys. I bet there are more good cowboy and samurai games than good Star Wars games.

BUT I'M TRYING TO STAY ON FUCKING TOPIC

STAR WARS GAMES

Okay. Look. Look…I'll calm down.
Look.

Try Rogue Squadron or TIE Fighter as well. They're great. Really really fun. Also Mount and blade has a great Star Wars Mod.

Ehhh Samurai games you'll find are far and few between. Apart from Way of the Samurai and Red Steel 2 really

Also, Republic Commandos how could I forget!

Nah, it's shit, and not just because it's Star Wars.

u mad

How?

Filtered.

Go make me 10 comics about how buttblasted you are about losing the US election before you shitpost in this thread anymore.
That should keep you occupied for 5 minutes so real discussion can happen.

Only good SW games are KOTOR/2(with the giant mod that adds cut content), Dark Forces/2 and TIE Fighter.

Everything is half-assed and cobbled together. 1866 for the original Mount and Blade is much, much better as a video game adaptation of a Yojimbo ripoff.

come on man, don't be so close minded SW has so many good games

Oh I agree with that though, 1866 is probably THE best mod for M&B. That and the Japanese one whose name eludes me

RC is a 7/10.
Battlefront are really good games on their own merits, but not as Star Wars properties.
I never owned a PS2
Rogue Squadron was pretty fun, but not as good as TIE Fighter.
Galatic Battlegrounds was again a good game, but not a good Star Wars game.
Super SW was average.
I don't know which game is Yoda's Quest. Google tells me it doesn't exist.
JO and JA weren't as good as Dark Forces.
Force Unleashed, especially 2, were pretty shit.

I doubt everything else on that list now.

The game play is shit, like your taste.

I think he's talking about Yoda Stories, which was a genuinely entertaining, simple little game where you'd cruise around tatooine or dagobah or whatever with cartoony graphics and solve simple puzzles. it was a kid's game and i last played when i was 13 but still

His shit was half the fuckin thread

THIS

Also, KOTOR I and II are bretty gyd

Only games that came out before the trilogy is close or follows it along loosely, while maintaining aesthetics. The extended universe is simply a result of fans having this weird overall consistency you rarely see elsewhere with their fan fiction in that giant cluster fuck.

*prequel trilogy

fetishes are pretty terrible
if its only a kink, thats ok, but fetishes are terrible.
Also, please remove the word 'TruthSeeker' from the name box, it give you the appearance of Alex Jones's henchmen.
wew

Story of the underworld in an SW setting always intrigued me, but gotta keep the Good vs Evil and Black and White shit the top priority in making things appeal to everyone, goddamn it Lucas.

This will always be true, and it will always trigger plebs.

Why are you blaming Lucas? During his tenure we got shit like TIE Fighter, where the Empire is shown hunting down pirates, safeguarding refugees and mediating in civil wars and KOTOR II where both Jedi and Sith are shown to be complete fucking morons.

EU then introduced the Vong who basically vindicated everything Palpatine did. It's the Disney kikes that have turned Star Wars into a soulless turd where they hammer "Empire are Nazis" into your face so their mentally stunted reddit audiences get it.

this is objectively true.
X-Wing is okay, but TIE Fighter is much better.

Niggers.

>>>/reddit/ is probably more your speed with taste like that

SW games worth a shot:
Battlefront 1/2
Bounty Hunter
Galactic Battlegrounds
KOTOR 1/2
Jedi Knight Series
LEGO Star Wars (if you want something to play with your kid)
Tie Fighter/X-Wing
Shadows of the Empire (my personal fav, not for everyone but certainly is interesting)
Trilogy Arcade
Racer (best with friends, as most racers)
Force Unleashed (it's crap but the visuals are pretty good for the time, one of the few SW games where you can chop limbs off, but the missions get really fucking dumb)

is that really the best insult you can come up with?
thats exceedingly lazy
guess that's what we should expect from millennial.

Better than the lore for Rogue One and The Force Awakens. Besides, you're dealing with the Imperial Remnants in the Jedi Knight games. The rebellion remains vastly stronger than them, because they don't just suddenly build another Death Star.

I do believe some of the shit in the EU doesn't belong. But it's a shame they didn't use the great things from the EU like Kyle Katarn's adventures or Knights of the Old Republic before Bioware made the shitty Old Republic MMORPG. Because admit it, some of that shit was cool as fuck. Some shit was dumb as fuck, like Vader having dozens of secret apprentices or spies.

I do wish Star Wars 1313 came out and turned into the Prey sequel we never got though.

Any Star Wars Princess Maker?

btw Aussie here, had to resort to VPN to post. Did I get banned from 8ch?

The extended universe is often better than the films. Star Wars consists of two counts of decent movies, four counts of George Lucas ruins cinema for everyone, one count of 3DCG writing over a suprisingly good cartoon for no reason, one count of JJ Abrams Disney mess and one actually good movie.
Battlefront 2 w/ mods to bring in Battlefront 1 maps is probably what you want, but Republic Commando is decent if dated if you want to believe there was something worthwhile in the prequels that wasn't Darth Maul and the one shot comic where he tries to kill Obi Wan.
Pretty sure any game involving X Wings and Tie Fighers will always be fun too.

I would like to remind everyone that the games are the best part of the franchise and not the movies.