Deus Ex

I don't know how to set up my character but I want to use guns and whatever is more viable between hacking and lockpicking, I tried playing before but I kept making builds that got me killed.

This shit did not age well at all.

You are never supposed to openly engage in DX games. You are getting killed for a raisin. You can't play the games this way, you have to be smart.

It aged just fine. Stop being contrarian.

Not really

Your build really doesn't matter. A couple levels of pistols can get you through most of the game easy enough. Hacking and lockpicking are essential imo but I can't bring myself to play it with too much of a combative approach anymore. If you do decide to still go in guns a blazing lockpicking is basically useless cause you can just wreck those doors with the GEP.

Whatever you do make sure to max swimming first

To be fair it didn't look to hot to begin with

Sniper rifle best lock pick

contribute something or fuck off, retard

go with hacking, Low-Tech and Rifles. Use your prod whenever you can, and when that runs out just beat people unconscious with a baton or something.
The Sniper Rifle is the most useful gun in the game, upgrade with stability and range and you pick enemies off from afar and usually without raising an alarm. And in a pinch you can just use it at close range.
That's basically it. Deus Ex is all about stealth, so that's either stealth up close or stealth from really far away. Pistols are shit so don't bother. Carry a GEP gun for boss fights, but otherwise just use stealth.

Weapon mods will make pretty much any weapon worthwhile. Your crosshair size is based on your weapon accuracy, not your skill, so with enough accuracy mods you can get it to 80 or 90%. If you don't bother with any weapon skills, play stealthy (remember the academy training course), and explore, you'll have plenty of skill points to get all of electronics, lockpicking, and hacking up to advanced which is really all you need to never run out of electronic tools or lockpicks.

I also advise a low-tech weapons and cloak based playthrough some time.

A point in swimming is also really helpful and quite cheap. There's more places to use it than you'd think.

His asshurt, it's intensifying to a point where we may not be able to contain it.

Why contain it?

uh oh, ya got me!

Except the stealth pistol which has higher dps than any of the rifles. You can also toss a scope on it.

nigga this game is a breeze even on realistic. are new gamers this dumb?

Just 2casul.

Faggots like pewdiepie were raised on consoles and PC, kids these days form on assfaggots and mobile games. You tell me.

The sniper rifle is still more versatile for both long and short range, and a couple of reload upgrades make the reload time for it almost negligible. I barely touched the other rifle and the shotguns in the game.
I didn't know you could scope the stealth pistol though, so maybe I was wrong to say they're all shit.

The biggest problem with the stealth pistol is how cheesy it feels since it's often a lethal headshot, rarely alerts with close misses, has extremely plentiful ammo, and functions as a sniper rifle.

This way is more fun, except, of course,

You can beat the game with no skill points spent so don't bother min maxing, just get the shit you want.

You don't know all the places and paths you can find until you put a point in it and go looking. Yeah, with aqualung, environmental skill and rebreathers, or regen and power recirculator you can just force your way through, but that's fuckin' boring.

What else am I gonna carry when I need nothing but a stun prod, a club, and LEMs? Gotta be ridiculously prepared.

was intended reply to

Does anyone know if there are more mods like The Nameless Mod? That was pretty good.

Put all your points in swimming, you'll thank me later.

Also, keep the riot prod. Later in the game you come up against enemies who blow up when they die. Use the prod and they don't die.

As far as I know the Nameless Mod is pretty much the only one of its kind in any game. I liked the Snowcrash metaverse vibe of it, but I don't think it would work well with any other base game.

kick and punch?

DESPERATE

The Nameless Mod was shit. It's a shame too, I really wanted a new Deus Ex experience.

everytime.

or

That's basically how most of my wins went down. Don't even need drones, teleport, or hack unless I could afford it and even then id rather upgrade my engines/reactor first.

wrong thread, but yes these are good strategies for FTL.

I think someone needs to be carried to the right thread.

pirate doom is probably my favourite but the new doom's gameplay systems aren't flexible like the old doom is

Bioshock Infinite

I do find it amusing to play the game and to put all my points into things like swimming and environmental training

It's funny how Deus ex became reality, but without all the stuff that made it cool. I want my vision augmented dammit.

I did a "no multislot items" run at one point, so basically pistols, demolitions, and enviro. It was kind of surprising how effective the enviro training stuff can be when you actually have the space to haul everything around, in my standard playthroughs I generally left most of it behind.

Thoughts on GMDX Holla Forums?

I like it but it has some problems. The tanker mission was bugged to shit for me last time I played. One alarm and half the ship come to find you, but bug out upon returning to normal. They just freeze in place. It makes an already frustrating situation worse.

Improves OG DX in every way, what's not to like.

I am having trouble getting into this game. I tried the stealth route, and maybe I just don't understand the stealth mechanics, but it seems inconsistent, like sometimes I'll get detected when I'm pretty sure I shouldn't, so I just get sick of going back to my previous checkpoint to start over again when I can just blow the motherfuckers away with a shotty and get to the goal.

Thief is better, but I do like this game.

Same thing happened to me, it's just one of those games that gets better as it goes on. Just stick with and it'll be worth it.

Are you saying you weren't expecting this to happen.

Once you've got some good augs like silent running and cloak the stealth becomes a lot easier. The more you play the better you'll understand the AI and whether you'll be detected doing certain things. Keep at it, and if you don't want to have to reload every time you get spotted invest in some silent weapons.

nothing really matters build wise after you get the regen aug and dragon tooth

nah halfway through the game you can just go in guns'a'blazin and be fine.

pistol with scope is 1hit kill on basically anything.

He obviously doesn't like the RPG mechanics and how they're handled, so he ends up getting desperate when trying to shoot people reliably.

Put 2 levels in Computers, max out whatever type of gun you like (Rifles is pretty good but some kind of explosive from lams/heavy weapons can make a big difference), get silencers on the guns you like, then just put your points in whatever the fuck you want because it really doesn't matter when you can just blow your way through everything. The run fast upgrade is way better than the silent run one though.

What are you talking about, it's infinitely easier to just kill everyone than try to get nonlethal knockouts or actually sneak around. And once you get past the first few missions you never get reprimanded.

I don't think lockpicking or electronics are ever worth raising more than level. There's so many alternate ways to unlock stuff and there's so many multitools/lockpicks lying around that you will never be at a shortage if you level both once. More than that is a huge waste especially considering how many points they cost.

One point in Swimming really is very useful, extremely cheap and while you can get more air time through other ways Swimming is the only way to actually increase your speed and base swim speed is absolutely terrible.

Let me spin you the tale of building characters in Deus Ex.

First, pick Realistic. Don't be a retard it's the only way to play the game. Second, know that going in guns blazing is never the way to go until much much later in the game.

Alright, there's what happens with everyone:
>start getting brave around the part you're kidnapped by Majestic 12 and invest in some rifles because you found the good assault one

And that's what everyone does.

No. I never liked le jedi sword. They should've either fixed its animation or made it 1 inventory slot wide. The game is very much enjoyable and nowhere near hard, if you know what you are doing, even without it.

I'd like it a lot better if they'd release 9.0 already

Take all your points out of pistols cause you're not interested or know the score at the beginning before you even play the game with your selected character and put it in something else, congratulations you now have free points in the pistol skill.
And I didn't invest in the sword cause I was already using the GEP gun and explosives.

This is the generation that thinks Dark Souls counts as a "difficult game"

Too late.

The only way to play deus ex is by doing a no-kill run on realistic with gmdx or other mods, prove me wrong
Protip: you cant

Oh don't mistake me, the game's still fun as all hell playing without the sword and I also don't like how it cheeses combat a lot.

I just say that 99% of people end up just going with it in their first playthrough.

The electronics part is forgivable but I *really* suggest a restart for the difficulty. It's barely the same game outside of Realistic.

i never put any points into hacking or lockpicking because theres a bug where if you start picking/hacking and then open your inventory, wait until the lock would have been picked, then leave your inventory, the lock gets picked at the cost of only one lockpick

I restarted the game, I was playing on normal prior and got up to Drebin and was having fun, now this fucking sucks ass because I keep dying and how long it takes to kill people and how fast you get injured, I've played other games on high difficulty like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and other "hardcore" games but hard difficulty back than was legitimately hard.

What?
A headshot is still always a lethal kill, even on Realistic. Ideally you don't want to be putting yourself in any situation where you're taking fire except in the most dire of situations.
Avoid putting yourself in conflict, if you have to shoot at someone hit them in the head. for Majestic 12 soldiers and other people with helmets, you can usually get them by hitting them in the neck, takes a bit of practice. Don't bother trying to take out robots with anything other than a rocket launcher/GEP gun or EMP grenades.

I think they also had the same voice actor.

Only way to play is to speedrun it at under 2 hours every morning.

You want those spider ceiling bots that badly?

Spiderbots are love.

Funny, I actually think Realistic is much better than STALKER's Master. In Dude Sex Realistic a headshot's lethal for everybody, whilst I always thought early STALKER, at least in SoC, has you doing waaaay too little damage and everyone else doing too much.

Fixes it later on but still.

yeah, it bugs there for everyone. I commented the issue to the creator some time ago, but hasn't released anything since 9.0

That's why I stopped playing Stalker. I am willing to accept when I suck at a video game, especially when I just started, but enemies were too much damage and were taking way too little. It was obvious.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. isn't a good example because the hardest is the "easiest" and most-balanced difficulty.