Saturday Night Horror Thread

Oh yeah.

>Why is there no Rule 34 of DreadOut Alone in the Dark 1?

Continuation of the Junji Ito dump incoming later on.

Other urls found in this thread:

indiedb.com/games/power-drill-massacre
kissmanga.com/Manga/Gyo/gyo_v02_010?id=62530
dailymotion.com/video/x1255hq_yamishibai-japanese-ghost-stories-episode-1-the-talisman-woman_shortfilms
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810211139900624900
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810032276423766016
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810028592176463872
twitter.com/omgAyane/status/809950080270827521
twitter.com/omgAyane/status/809927615884722176
twitter.com/jav1ts/status/809927076891467776
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it me or now there are not as many RPG Maker Horror games as before? I mean, I remember people making lot of fangames of Yume Nikki or games like Mogeko Castle, Ib or The Witch House, but now the trend seems to be losing interest.

Anuu, spookie dookie.

I am too depressed to even be spooked.

I think their number has decreased both because the RPGMaker itself is getting increasingly commercialized (I mean, it always was a commercial product, but you get the idea), and because all those merry RPGfags are now putting their shitty Unity games on Steam Greenlight.

Sad.

When will we get a game that is based around creepy slowpaced atmosphere and psychological horror rather than visceral horror?

I'll share the idea I had where you work as a skeleton crew in a seemingly abandoned office building shutting down. the horror elements start small, like something someone says on the radio sounds off or weird shit written on papers, to seeing shit peering at you from around the corner at the end of a hallway and everything starting to go Junji ito on you. Every day you leave and return it gets worse

embed related

When the "core audience" of horror games no longer consists of herpes-ridden twelve-year-olds that religiously masturbate to Pewdiepie.

Whatever Silent Hill has. Also, when did that violin scare cue shit become a thing? Are the violins themselves scary, or have we just been conditioned to expect to be scared, sort of like a horror movie version of a laugh track?

You can never be too depressed to be spooked, user. A good spook can make you feel alive again.

living in an existentialist nightmare is the real horror game.

I need dreadout lewds!

I'd rather pay for RPG maker horror games than Unity horror games. At least with RPG maker you've got to have some kind of variety for the game to sell, and not just bank on "Hey look at this spoopy screenshot."

Besides, RPG maker is a pretty solid engine compared to Unity3D. Quite ironic actually; an engine that 3 years ago would be seen as nothing but a little shitty thing for teenagers to play with, is actually better than an engine meant for professional use.

The massive surge in horror becoming popular again because of these kids and youtube channels is far better than the genre nearly dying like it was a few years ago. I mean a saturation of horror games means there will be gems among them while before we were getting nothing.

You are not the only one, user.

Afaik violine screeching has been around at least since the 50s if not even longer. We simply find it unpleasant and unnerving from an instinctive level, possibly because the pitch and frequency remind us of (female) human screams.

Have the Threnody for Hiroshima, which illustrates this ever so nicely.

I've got mixed feelings on that. On the one hand, many RPG Maker Horror titles were far above the Unity shovelware you get nowadays. On the other hand, the RPGMaker community was/is much like the modding community in that paid content could rapidly lead to a drop in quality because the economic model demands maximum output with minimal input.

I'd like to be capable of being optimistic like that, but all I see coming is Slenderman and Five Nights at Furries clones up the arse.

I'm spooked already

What the fuck?

As I've said, it's probably instinctive due to the shrieking of violins sounding similar to high-pitched female human screams, which sends our minds into high alert.

Same as with infrasound, which makes the human brain go completely batshit insane (the exact reason still being debated in science - some say that the frequency of infrasound matches certain notes heard in the growling of large cats that our ancestors might have encountered in the African Savannah, whereas others argue that infrasound causes our eyeballs to vibrate at the precise speed needed to produce optical illusions - ghosts ).

I'm cautiously optimistic for scorn and agony, and then there's PAMELA, Visage and Ghost Theory coming next year which may be interesting or pure shit. There's also that horror game about alien abductions that I cant remember the name for

also the occasional good Japanese and Indonesian stuff that comes out or is translated more frequently now

Here's a shitty-good horror game to play. Power Drill Massacre. It's a demo, but the demo is a full game.

indiedb.com/games/power-drill-massacre

Also what do you guys think of oneiric type of games? I'm talking something along the lines of LSD: Dream Emulator. Off-Peak is a good example of what I'm talking about: A short, sweet game where things happen around you that don't quite make sense. The world around you seems logical in its own madness, but not quite right. Other examples would be Port of call, Kairo and Oneiric Gardens. They're not out to scare you, but they can make you feel displaced and uncanny.

Aye, that's a positive attitude to have. I think I will join your mentality.

It's true. I just wish there was a donation system for these dudes.

Routine is supposed to come out somewhere in the relatively near future, no? Didn't really hear much about that one in the last few months.

Donations, even with Patreon if need be, actually would be a model I would wholeheartedly embrace for people who consistently deliver good RPGMaker Horror Games. Like that one Japanese fellow who is behind the Crooked Man/Sandman/Boogieman series.

This all being said, I feel as if Horror Games need to go back to the root of horror - individual ghosts or supernatural entities that are scary because you literally can not explain or understand them. Or at best, you can do EVP, as with Silvio (which unfortunately is fairly bad from a gameplay perspective).

Depends. Total silence can bet absolutely nervewracking in certain games, like Silent Hill. But it can also be used to great affect in stuff like visual horror novels.

Also, I believe Scratches has some of the best sound stingers to ever come out of a horror game. Someone once said it sounded similar to the music in Kubrick's Shining. It's funny, because I've thought the same thing on occasion.

there were rumors routine got cancelled bu then I heard stuff about it this year. I think its either very slow development or they had some troubles

Mein Neger.

That game was really lackluster in many of its design choices, but mother of god did they get the atmosphere right. Even just that one scene where you have to enter the basement and that music starts playing should cause you to shit enough bricks for a second Great Wall of China.

Wait, there's other Indonesian horror games other than DreadOut?

I've said it before in other SNH threads - there's only two real scares in the whole game (maybe three if you count the ending), but those two scares are 95% better than anything I've seen done in a horror game in a very long time.

So the basement and

the mask?

Yuppers. The mask was so out of nowhere it scared the fucking shit out of me. I mean, I expected something was amiss when it was gone from its location, but I didn't expect…that.

I… I want to meet one so badly. I dont even know if I would be safe, but I feel like I need to meet one.

Why is DreadOut's performance so shit? The level design sucks too. The atmosphere is top tier, but the gameplay is gay.

Pity that the game then does a 180 and forces you to go back to sleep to progress the story. Or did it? I'm ab it fuzzy on the details, but I'm fairly certain that the game had at least one sequence where you basically had this really ominous mood and the game was like "Go back to sleep fag, lol".

Having worked in vidya QA for almost three years by now, I'd say it's a mix of developer inexperience and shoestring budget.

Let me tell you a tale of horror.
Not one of the boogeyman, not one of a man with a hook for a hand,
not one with unfathomable depths of unknown fiends, not the devil, not beings unknown assaulting your home.

It's a bright and sunny day, the birds are chirping, you can hear the river. You go to work. you come home. you are tired, so you sleep. You go to work, you come home. you are tired, so you sleep. You go to work, you come home. you are tired, so you sleep. You go to work, you come home. you are tired, so you sleep. You go to work, you come home. you are tired, so you sleep. You go to work, you come home. you are tired, so you sleep.

And nothing else happens.
You go to work for people you could care less for.
you come home to a family that could love you.
you are tired and can't find motivation
so you sleep.

And nothing
else
happens.

You want a cosmic horror story? You want excitement? to the point that even a hopeless situation where you die fighting to save people uselessly, seems better? You want that?

too bad.

now go to bed, and wake up for work tomorrow.

I wanna say it only happens after the basement. The scare with the mask happens while he's dreaming, so he wakes up like right after. But the basement? Yeah, he's just like "shit, that was fucking crazy. I'mma sleep it off."

If I found out there was some motherfucker hiding in my basement I'd get in my car and fucking bolt immediately.

But user, I'm off tomorrow :D

It's "couldn't care less"
Saying you could care less implies that there is some care and you could potentially care slightly less than you already do. Way to ruin the immersion.

What's your suggestion on making a unity game perform better?

It's a good thing though.

Thank god for videogames

Alright you faggots, who wants some Junji Fucking Ito?

Don't use unity. I'm not a coder by trade, but from what I could gather, the engine is little bitch and plainly refuses to do anything related to advanced modding abilities.

literally everyone

On its own, that is a legitimately terrifying image. But the associated video that involves its context makes it more funny than anything.

On its own, it looks like the metaphor for sleep paralysis.

…shit, I was redundant

yeb I heard it's not easy to work with OOP in unity.

HAHA, TIME FOR BIZARRE SHIT AND UNFULFILLING ENDINGS

For those who weren't here last time: Japan is being invaded by bio-mechanical zombie-fish that operate on farts. The mechanical parts of the fish also can bond to humans, and, even worse, can infect them with a similiar type of super flatulence. Our hero, Tadashi, already has lost his girlfriend Kaori to the superfarts, and last has been drowned alive in a swarm of the zombie-fish. Let's see how he fares…..

Playing RE2 makes me not want to bother with Corpse Party anymore, starting to regret paying 60 maplesyrup dollars for a physical copy. The figures cant even stand properly.

Whats the context?

Nope, im escaping this thread

Always the fucking flatulence ghosts, swear on me mum.

Probably just an uglier garden gnome on a webcam used to scare people on a videochat.

Interesting concept but the direction they took, especially the way the situation escalates, feels like squandering it. Did they do similar stuff ?

there's an ongoing arg and small expanded universe they made on it, check the comments and there should be a site with the username and password to log in to view extra clips and shit

It seems Kaori is not quite as dead as we thought…or is she?

Rufff-Rooo.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is surprisingly decent, and I don't know what you'd classify it as besides a horror game. It's pretty cartoony as most Lovecraft games go but more than a few moments got a small rise from even my stone cold jaded heart, which is a rarity. The also surprisingly decent stealth and the way they cast the light and shadows makes me think the people who made it have probably played Thief quite a few times

I'm not sure I totally understand the correlation

Well thats disappointing, but I guess thats what I expected.

I got lots of games to playthrough, so I guess its just easy for me to feel picky.

Well yeah I would say without question RE2 is better than Corpse Party but I didn't know if there was some parallel I was missing. If you want to really knock your socks off try playing a good Resident Evil game :^)

Dark Corners of the Earth could have been infinitely better if it wouldn't have had such a messy development history.

I want to take all of the good parts of DCotE and cut them out and put them in better games

Well, at least we get some kind of Karmic Retribution for that crazy Doc.

Good luck with that. If this was a surgery, you'd bring a buzz-saw instead of a scalpel into the operating room.

Ah, it's one of those things that are intended to be analyzed. Not the worst kind of youtube bait, I suppose.

Honestly, I miss good ARGs.

Does anyone remember Torment ? Now that was the shit. Of course it were different times, when halfchan's /x/ still was full of cryptophiles rather than emo kids and tulpafags.

I had a giggle.

A good RE game? Already finished REmake. But anyways I also say that because there isnt much to Corpse Party. Its not that I hate visual novels, I love Ace Attorney but it just wont click with me, especially since there doesnt seem much besides trying not to get a bad ending and dealing with unskippable text.

I'll dump a bit faster for now since the clock is quickly moving to 7am where I am, and I need at least a bit of sleep.

That describes more of a traditional VN than Ace Attorney, which I wouldn't really describe as a VN. If you want a lite-VN with more gameplay attached and a gory edge you might try 999.

Friendly reminder: Gashunk is the anatomically correct sound for all biomechanical fish/human-exoskeleton hybrids.

This wouldn't look out of place in a Silent Hill game.

Friendly reminder that Junji Ito was supposed to work on Silent Hills with Kojima and del Torro.

Well, at least until Konami cancelled the project :^)

Judging by what we saw in the Death Stranding trailer I wouldn't be too surprised if the meat tanks, or maybe some other kind of war machine, that will be set up like that shit, a huge amalgamation of bodies with tubes coming out of it.

I need something to fill something I've felt has gone very unfulfilled lately. I've been all over the place trying to scratch this itch and I still haven't found it. I need zombies but I don't need modern day style zombie games. I've played all kinds of games trying to find what I'm missing, from classic RE 1-3, Killing Floor, House of the Dead, and even forgotten mods like Brainbread (the sequel isn't looking good). Is there something I'm missing that fits this criteria:

Ito's body horror isn't usually that explicit. Masahiro Ito, that is. There are a few other examples that are closer

Hooray, we're going to the circus!

But will the mystery ever be revealed?!

Because fuck the flatulence apocalypse, we're going to the circus.

Soon (tm)

Five more chapters. I plan to dump all of them tonight

And this in turn wouldn't look out of place in an American McGee's Alice game.

Pity the last one was sort of butchered by EA, but then again, McGee himself admitted that they simply messed up with the deadline on their part when he did his Q&A here on Holla Forums

I remember that Q&A McGee was pretty based

He had a hard life.

Oh my, what might they be dragging onto the stage?

He was, but his Q&A unfortunately fell into the time when Holla Forums was constantly shitting itself.

I still feel immensely bad for that poor bastard over his sister. Wonder if the criminal investigations turned up with anything new concerning her disappearance, but with the blood stains supposedly found on the scene, I'm not optimistic.

Oh look, it's Kaori-Chan!

And don't ask me why Tadashi considers it a good idea to bring Kaori back to the place where her body was made into what it currently is.

I was telling people multiple times. Kojima is rehashing his silent hills ideas in death stranding. And this comic was his inspiration without a doubt. Its just its more "realistic" looking.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

Nice anti-nazi message :^)

No! It's Montgolfier from The Void

Say what you will, but Tadashi's uncle doesn't take "NTR" for an answer.

And so it ends….

God dammit this is fucking weird

Tadashi's uncle transforms into a glorious winged faggot!

This is amazing.

I bet there was a point when Ito thought, "this is ridiculous but lets keep going". He has a weird sense of humor that shows itself from time to time among the spookiness.

I gotta read more Junji Ito, shit's good.

In other news, Kaori is kill.

What the fuck is this sense of hope?

Humans are stubborn. It's one of our more admirable traits. Even when there's no hope going on, we try.

Thanks god for the University nerds

…and that's it. No really, the story ends here.

Fucking Ito.

There's a chapter 20, but that's just an entirely unrelated short story. You can read it here if you want:

kissmanga.com/Manga/Gyo/gyo_v02_010?id=62530

I like to believe Ito intentionally twists the stories into the most absurd endings and then has a laugh at the howls of fury when he delivers a half-baked ending.

If you've ever read pretty much any chapter of his Uzumaki, you'd know that it's a sure bet.
For fuck's sake, at one point a tornado in that one literally falls in love with a dude's girl, the "eye" of the storm is literally how it sees, and they literally have to hide from a tornado, but it sees them through a mirror so they literally run from a tornado
or that time in Hellstar Remina where the Hellstar stops the world's rotation which flings everyone across the earth WHILE a mob is chasing the girl Remina, so everyone starts flying around the world while chasing Remina
Ito has a genius sense of humor, he takes horror to a level most would not, where others say "we should stop here" Ito goes pic related, every time. It's because he doesn't pull punches or wimps out which is why he is such an effective horror artist after all.

Of course, how else will be humanity saved if not by betas?

Does he gets to fuck the skeleton?
Thanks user for the storytime

Nah, he's purposefully avoiding the main pitfall of most anime/manga. He avoids getting to the point of the story where shit needs to be fully explained. 90% of manga have great base concepts, like Attack on Titan, but the longer it goes on, the more the writer has to "justify" the story, and that's usually when it turns to shit. He knows he'd only fuck it up at this point.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but I like to imagine Ito at his drawing board, with the biggest shit-eating grin you could possible imagine as he finishes yet another story without a conclusive ending.

That's actually interesting view point.

Imagine Attack on Titan being made by Ito.

Even then, he leaves some hints here and there so you can take your own conclusions. That's better than an explanation that doesn't make everyone happy

Would that be turning lead to gold or pouring perfume on a pig?

I think you just gave me an idea for the next Saturday Night Horror Thread

Actually, nevermind. The next Saturday is Christmas, and the only horror available is singing ear-grating Christmas carols with your family

I'm guessing it'd be a lot better.

I'd fuck her.

Since we are with these theme, what are other (non-Ito) horror mangas you would recommend?

we all would

another thing, every good horror dude knows that the moment you explain something is the moment that you lose the horror.

Junji's horror relies extensively on the unknown. For example, in a short story there's a woman who removed her own skin and wears it like a suit. It's never explained how she did it, only that she did. It's explained how she MAINTAINS the skin suit, which is used for grotesque horror.

But it never even tries to justify it, it just IS.

A lot of his stories that aren't like that usually focus around supernatural shit that won't have a chance in hell of being explained.

Ito has done endings before, in Uzumaki it ends with both protags dead, but in a twisted love way. But the manga itself was more a series of short stories, as soon as one concept was becoming predicatable, he moved onto another.

Dude contorts himself into a spiral? Creepy! Next.
Okay now it's snail guys cause snails have spirals on their shells. Creepy! Next.
Okay now STALKER TORNADO cause spiral. CREEPY! NEXT!

He's comes across as more like a kid in a playground, who likes playing with a toy til he gets bored, then finding another one.

I remember that, it still gives me
shivers. I don't know why but I swear that there was an adaptation for tv of that story

Not a mange, but I think you may like Yami Shibai

dailymotion.com/video/x1255hq_yamishibai-japanese-ghost-stories-episode-1-the-talisman-woman_shortfilms

To be fair though, the stories he writes rarely leave any lasting impact due to how he often switches, never developing any of his stories. The concepts stick with you, because they ARE typically a little un-nerving, but as stories they typically fail in my eyes. Which gets really disappointing after awhile, since a lot of his ideas are really creepy. The biggest example is 'The window next door'

He obviously doesn't have to justify the storylines, as it maintains that mystique weirdness. When things fly off the rail into absurd territory though, it becomes more humorous than scary or unnerving. Demonstrated with stories like Gyo.

You obviously never understood cosmic horror.
Yes, real life is terrible, but nothing is as terrible as the things imagined by Lovecraft.

Terrible, majestic beings far beyond the abrahamic gods, infinite, roiling in black abysses with no understanding or interest in anything as lowly as our lowly 11 dimensions might JUST NOW have suddenly realized we are here.

Except that when you constantly say "It was so horrific that it defied description, and cosmically powerful that were are little more then molecules to them" it REALLY starts to lose its weight, and starts to feel more like lazy writing.

that's why you don't explain it that way
lrn2 story

Depends on how it's done. Look at Lovecraft himself. He has his own flaws (including, but not limited to WORDSWORDSWORDS), but he keeps his monsters just so distanced from direct description that your mind does the work for him.

RE2 remake when

I just read that story and I dont get your problem with it. It was short, yes, but it introduced the concept and his conclusion leaving everything in the air making you wondering what the hell did you just read. Ito works better with short stories imo, when he makes things longer and it starts to get ridiculous you can tell that he is just getting bored

Zashiki Onna is great. Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, and if you can find it, Mail, are both also good. In a similar but somehow even shorter vein to Ito, there's anything by Nakayama Masaaki. He doesn't even normally give a fuck about characters, story arcs, nothing. Just four or so pages of spooky junk one after the other.

I enjoyed this series, at least the first season is pretty golden. There's not enough anime horror.

why

Oh god, my heart hurts. I did not need this utterly hopeless desolate lonely feel.

Exactly
Lovecraft would tell you page up, page down what the wall would look like(at length), but when you got spooked, he would make you fill in the shadows with your nightmares.

At least when he DOES sorta describe the cosmic horrors, they sound quite creative. Like The Elder Things, Shoggoths, Great Race of Yith, Yog-Sothoth' avatars, etc.

Considering how remakes have gone in the few last years, are you sure you want that to even happen?

i have hope user i have hope

i'm playing through this right now and dreadout

feels good man

Would the Metro 2033 and Last Light be considered horror?

I couldn't give a damn about remakes myself. If you think something needs a remake then it's a goddamned insult to the source material, or at least an admittance in your opinion that it does NOT stand the test of time.

I'd rather something new come out that doesn't fuckin' suck for once.

I want that game that gives you that childish feeling of happiness like Resident Evil or Super Mario or whatever did for us that long time ago. I hate nostaligia, it's such a passing thing, a ruminating feeling that only makes the world in front of you even worse then it is.

Out with it, I fuckin' say. No need for it. I want these people to give me their risky best, to at least try, instead of all this safe nonsense. A mad artist has a better chance at making eternal art then these anti-risk, boundry fearing delusional piles of crap.

Note that i'm not talking about newer versions that add more shit to teh game, like the recent Dragon Quest 8 remake that adds two new party members and a bunch of other shit like bonus dungeons, that's adding onto something.

It didn't need it, but it's nice extra. It's more like DLC then anything, the old version of it anyway.

But honestly, I'd rather see altogether new games and all that.

But when you boil it down, that's how most of his monsters seem, which is where is starts to feel lazy.

Yeah, but without anything for a reader to hold onto that's tangible, the monster ceases to be something to fear. By putting all the tools in the readers hands and saying "Eh, just imagine the scariest thing you cant think of, it's scarier then that" you strip the story of any weight, since the reader could just decide that the monster isn't as bad as the story treats it.

see the previous statement

Why should we be scared of her? We are given literally zero reason to think she has malicious intent. With no reason to be scared of her, she ceases to be scary.

When you boil down anything it seems that shallow
I can keep going, but it's pointless.
Again.
Lrn2 story
>>>/lit/

Mostly Slav depression, but a bit of spook, yeah

I guess like STALKER, it's more of an overall atmosphere than a genre?

Correct. If STALKER were all X laboratories, then it could be proper horror

Why don't more horror movies use this? If pulled off correctly they could make the scariest scene in a horror film in recent years.

You.
Yes, you.
You reading this.
What the fuck are you still doing here?

Did you finish FS1 and 2 yet?
I told you to fucking get on it and finish FS1 and 2.
Don't waste your time on these threads.
Shut yourself in your room, close all the windows, binders down, and keep that fucking light off, at all times.
There should be only you, the light of the screen, and playing FS1 and 2 over and over until you've finished them.

Don't you want to reach true horror game nirvana?
It's a difficult road few have enough autism and dedication to traverse, but you can do it.
Fucking GET ON IT, complete isolation is the only true path of the true horror game enthusiast.

What is FS1?

Forbidden siren 1 ended up being far tamer than I expected given the buildup, gameplay's scary but it kinda carries the whole thing when they're obviously also trying to nail the atmosphere. Sightjack is not as good for immersion as it should be.

I don't know many zombie games. Have you tried No More Room in Hell user? It's hardcore as fuck, slow zombies, satsifying gun sounds, and the atmosphere is pretty decent I guess.

How do I play through Penumbra without getting too spooked? I can't seem to get passed the first part of the cave without bailing because of the noises.

Not really. Looks like a tablet game.

I've heard it's well optimized

You mean buffed as fuck?
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810211139900624900
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810032276423766016
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810028592176463872
twitter.com/omgAyane/status/809950080270827521
twitter.com/omgAyane/status/809927615884722176
twitter.com/jav1ts/status/809927076891467776

A game where you can create the perfect waifu/husbando

More like

Just fuck my shit up famalam

Thank god the game isn't completely VR focussed.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

You learn to read Japanese.
But Super Robot Taisen Original Generation and Original Generation 2 are on the GBA in English at least.

Besides that there's Namco x Capcom, the main characters of which also appear in Endless Frontier. Endless Frontier's sequel EXCEED is Japan only though. There's also Project x Zone but it's better to play PxZ 2 instead. The rest of the SRW series is Japan only pretty much.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I did. It was great.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

thank god
although the brawl challenges are pretty good
the predator challenges are retarded

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Because it's boring. Whatever they were trying to do there, they failed at it. The combat was entirely unsatisfying. Even the "puzzles" were completely forgettable. The jump "scares" simply got tiresome after about the second one.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I'm going to shove my cock down Ms. Anabel's throat.

Become your own gondola.

You know what would be really spooky? A game where you're some lonesome writer in a log cabin, far away from civilization. Without electricity. Without much light, for that matter.

Anyway, you just sit in your log hut, your mechanical typewriter in front of you, and suddenly you see something in front of your window. You don't even know whether it's just a fox or a fucking skinwalker, but you could swear that the bushes did move.

Of course, you are safe in your log hut. …..or are you?

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Im talking with people on vent right now trying to justifying buying a cheap dxracer and a king sized mattress

leather chair is shat out and I need a replacement stat

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

The open world was already a thing with Versus you dummy.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I like you user

I wanted to like it, but it was just too low quality. For every cool and spooky sequence there's half an hour of glitchy and tedious garbage.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I could tell you
But then I would kill you
Then I would become you

Forbidden Siren games are just about the only PS2 era horros I haven't gotten to yet, and I really should.
I played Blood Curse though, if that counts.

But the nips always do that, like 90% of the time

I'm gonna play FS2 on easy, does that count?

How far did you get into it? I only managed to play for 5 hours.

If a writer is going to isolate himself in a cabin to focus, it'd be more logical to write a storm during the day and think under the bedsheets at night. I mean, writers type at night generally because it's the calmest time in cities. With a log cabin scenario you remove that need.

I see your point, but I feel the atmosphere created by a nighttime forest could greatly contribute to a novel.

If you get near the pipes to hear voice you hear giggles and later screams that hits you, pretty damn sooky.

Compared to the shit they pipes did in the novel, this is relatively tame.

What did they with the pipes in the book

If memory serves, you'd rapidly go insane or just drop dead if you got near them. It was the prime reason why Artyom's station initially was severed from the rest of the Metro.

Kill yourself, Lee.

Another thing I would like to see is an actual sewer exploration simulator with lots of spooky things thrown in for good measure. Sewers by all mean are the catacombs of the modern age.

What are some creppy games without being fully horror? I.e.: STALKER and Pathologic

Metro 2033

Already halfway through last light fam

The old Thief games

Killer7, in a psychedelic way.

Has nobody made an open source RPGMaker-like engine? Seems like now would be a good time for one.

Any porn of that, yet?

Dead Space 1.

Half Life and Half Life 2 have horror elements.

System Shock.

Some user did a blowjob pic, but it was of lackluster quality. Otherwise, Rule 34 has failed us.