What's with Nomura and belts?

You see these two belts? You probably didn't notice but Cloud NEVER had those two belts in his original design. Why does Nomura have to ruin everything with fucking belts?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You want to get caught in the middle of a battle with your pants down just because your ownly belt got worn down nigger?

He's wearing two belts, suspenders and a girdle. There is pretty much no way he is losing his pants. At least until the gang rape scene.

No pants = more mobility

One is to hold his pants up, and the other is to hold the first belt up.

Nomura has a belt fetish.
This is nothing new.

He didn't even have the belts in the faggy Dissidia art. Where did the belts come from?

This has to be the quickest way to turn even the hottest women into unfuckable shit

They still lose, pants or no pants

what about Asajj Ventress

He probably thought the waistline looked too plain with just one belt

They're already fucking with the character look. This remake is going to be so bad.

Ever notice how in pic two the left wrist guard is thinner than the right wrist? Or how his left hand kinda looks mechanical?

Clearly, they are partnering with Kohls.

Notice how pic 1 has Cloud making eye contact and standing with fist clenched defiantly?

They just turned his Texas sized wrestling championship belt into two smaller belts.

Oh wait I didn't see he still has the big ass belt

You are homosexual

Because that's actually how Nomura dresses

A friend of mine from high school still wears pants like that. We are in our mid twenties.

Also, apparently the double belt thing has been that way since Crisis Core.

During the occupation of japan belts became a symbol of authority. Its been growing more and more due to the echo chamber of Japanese collectivism

Wow, apparently that's true. The Japanese police get belts by rank. Normal belts, not like martial arts one. Weird.

So does this mean Lulu is one of the most authoritative characters ever?

I've seen worse.

In the entire franchise? Thats questionable, I think in order to compare the games their belt levels need to be calibrated so that relative comparisons can be made.
For example, say you have one game where only 1 character has a belt on, and you have another, like X where one character has 10 belts and at least 2 other characters have 1 each, it wouldn't be fair to say that because the characters who all have 1 belt are necessarily the same because in one game they would be the only person with the belt and therefore be the most authoritative in their own game.

Lulu's role/character position makes sense for the high level of authority in design within the context of Final Fantasy X

Belts are just one of his problems.

Is nomura a homo or a faggot?

She definitely has the highest gross belt score. We'll have to adjust it for belt inflation, though.

Do you think she wears a chastity belt?

both

No, she's a filthy brother fucking slut.

Come on now

Wasn't she preggers in the sequel?

Trying something weird with my sentence spacing

Its also worth noting that Final Fantasy X marks the beginning of the decline of Final Fantasy.
The reason for the decline is again the previously mentioned echo chamber. Earlier Final Fantasy games were certainly Japanese in origin but they drew from cultures around the world;
notably the summons, but;
at least to my knowledge, X was the first one that was localized for the reason of "non Japanese people wouldn't understand";
or at least that was the argument made, I don't think people would have been confused enough to make a difference because Yuna said "thank you";
as she did in the Japanese version, instead of, "I love you".

This change from "product made in Japan" to "product of Japanese culture" I argue exists and is the reason for the decline of Final Fantasy.
Unless I'm mistaken Final Fantasy X was also the first Final Fantasy game to get a direct sequel which led to the pimping of Final Fantasy 7;
for better for worse, and to the pimping of Lightning for worse.

FF declined because Sakaguchi stopped writing them or having anything to do with them. He fell on the sword for Spirits Within, which cost Square a great deal of money.

Zippers and belts increase stats

Jesus, it never quite set in for me just how many belts Lulu wore. What're the logistics of getting that shit on? Do you think she meticulously wraps those belts around each other in some sort of ill-fitting mass? Glue? Perhaps they're weaved together and actually fairly cohesive? It's so confusing.

He is mentally disabled. It isn't news.

He is literally one the level of 12 year old, mentally. And he is obsessed with gay anime hair, giving every important character a perfect feminine face and he thinks belts and zippers look cool. Also he loves all black.

Because it looks cool.
Stop with your autism. My concerns are gameplay and censorship.
And Tifa's tits.
First of all Tifa's tits.

It looks fucking retarded and someone in real life showing up with two identic belts around his waist would get laughed at the whole day.

It makes no sense and looks retarded.

Please go back to NeoGAF or cuckchan Holla Forums if you like Nomura.

Sick reddit spacing broseph, totally validates whatever points you're trying to make.

Literally what's the point? It looks horrible, like really, really bad, and it makes zero sense.

How can this guy get paid by anyone? Is Square Enix ran by idiots?

You seem to know a lot about this Reddit. Why is it always Redditors that complain about this place on -chan? Don't give in to the mean bullies.

You're a retard beyond down syndrome.

Refer to

and kill yourself asap.

This is objectively a horrible design, but God damn it if I don't find that little stocking/thigh window to be hot as fuck.

Don't be triggered by other people having different taste than you, fellow redditors, this place is anonymous.

Have you played their games?

Your taste is shit and you should feel bad

My taste is "shit" why exactly? Can you explain?
Also why do you have problems with belts, but impossible hair, swords and clothing are ok for you?

Funnily enough she never appeared in any cutscenes that involved complex running animations. Her design was so shit and difficult to animate that they just left her out. Other times the developers would just show her from the waist up or from behind. It was an objectively terrible design

He's also holding his sword the wrong way. If he were to draw his sword like that, the blade would be facing him.

I'd like to thank Final Fantasy for all the 15 meter tall half naked muscular handsome men they made me fight.

Triggered.

but shotgun is limited

Just gonna leave this here..

You wanna talk about something OP?

Was author molested by Nomura or something?

That is literally the reason why she has that many belts

Is it on steam? If not you know why.

At least those belts serve some function.

OP you are Chris Chan complaining about Sonic's arms at this point.

This is far better than XV's designs. While X looks goofy as shit and even nonsensical, it can grow on you. XV is just very same-y and fucking mundane. There's nothing to it, no personality whatsoever.

To be fair, Noctis Kingly Rainment is okay.

But only on his old self, his younger one seriously can't pull it off in the least, it looks mismatched as FUCK.

Nothing of this is OK. How this faggot always puts anime hair even in more realistic FF games is just disgusting. The character looks like emo faggots this way, like they smooth their heir every morning. Apparently, that's even what they do. Since old Noctis doesn't have his gay emo hair.

How can adult people but those shit games?

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

Pirate on PS3.

You are a retard with the body horror fetish. Do you masturbate to chemotherapy patients and female Strogg from the Quake series too?

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

The fact that Kojima isnt tied to Konami anymore has everything to do with Death Stranding.

It simply wouldnt exist.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

t. a faggot who has no understanding of how games are made

I'm about to play it, user.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I think that cake is cute.

It's called Final Fantasy because wearing any of their clothes is sheer fantasy

those are probably actually part of a clothing line that they're either advertising or selling.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Best combat pve. PVP is okay. Story is fun. Lots of grind and if you don't want to wait mouths to get top gear you will be spending lots of money.

Over all, it's one of the best MMOs I've played. Much better than Tera.

Not really. Firstly because Cloud's three belts are a legitimately retarded design choice and secondly because OP hasn't (to our knowledge) maced a GameStop employee over said design choice.

We're just giving him more ideas at this point.

That shit will never get out of my mind.

She looked way better in her concept art from Attack of the Clones. I really disliked her design in the cartoons. To bad George insisted on a worthless character like Count Dracula instead of a female Darth Maul.

(checked)

They will age up every character and give it a shitty westernized face and art. They already fucked the nigger design and cloud face.

Like cancer.

That's what this art direction feels like. A giant playable advertisement.

Congratulations, now all of your nails are bent.

Salty little spammer.

making this shit sound genius

To be fair, they don't seem to be suffering from "useless belt syndrome".

But they sure are suffering form "boring and uninteresting syndrome." I get that they're trying to make them look like real life people, but even Squall's design is more interesting, and his outfit doesn't look too unrealistic.

Pretty sure most boy bands suffer that tbh.

I really hate the clothes in FFXV, they manage to look both absurd and boring at the same time.

The clothes in Bloodborne would look less out of place in the real world.

think again

ew pls no

UHHHH THICKER

Then what is holding the second belt?

His pants.

What's wrong whit it?

How high are you?

Both their left hands are mechanical, however proud Cloud is more cartoonishly deformed while sad Cloud is more realistically proportionate so his actually prosthetic hand had to be lengthened.

where in the canon of FF7 does Cloud have any prosthesis that isn't his personality?

So that's all your arguments, pretty weak if you ask me.

The drawings, take a closer look. As far as cannon goes it doesn't matter too much, since they'll change it when it's convenient and it's a subtle detail you only notice if you look at the picture.

Holy shit she's even hotter than I'd hoped. Please tell me this officially from the FF7 remake.

Of course it isn't. Besides, her eyes and eyebrows don't look good.

*made it easier to read and save it to .png

When you're the ace you gotta wear TWO belts.

Actually, it looks like he's wearing a Kidney Belt. It protects the internal organs from damage.

Belts are useful and shit. Like you can use it to choke your enemies. In all seriousness, why hasn't there been a Nomura game where you can use a belt as a weapon but you can use other ridiculous shit just fine?

sure this doesn't have anything to do with the default armor being a bangle?

this is Star Fox Robot Legs tier type shit.

this is a neat thing I didn't know existed

I'm pretty sure that doesn't have anything to do with the default armor being a bangle, since bangles are a type of bracelet. And looking through some official models of cloud, the fake hand is consistent, and it's only in low poly models that it just looks like armor. Yeah, it's a prosthetic, you don't need something to tell you what your eyes can see.

I'm still going with Star Fox Robot Legs bullshit. There's nothing to differentiate what he's wearing from the industrial-aesthetic armor a lot of characters wear. Unless we're going to start positing that Vincent or Cid also have prosthetic limbs because we never see them without gloves. I'm also willing to bet that the difference between bangles and bracers was purely academic from a design standpoint, knowing Nomura.

Barret and Dyne have prostheses and they're noted for such. Given that the arc of Cloud discovering who he really is by examining his false memories and delusions is the thrust of FF7's story, I'd like to think that it would have come up somehow. He doesn't have the gauntlet in Nibelheim, and Tifa doesn't bring it up when he first arrives in Midgar. I'd say you're reading something into the art that isn't there.

Nope. It's just Nomura's art being weird.

(cont.)
In this concept art you can see a depiction of Cloud with fingers on that hand, and a depiction of that hand either as a robot hand or one wearing a gauntlet. TIfa concept art is shown for comparison.

That's because Jotaro doesn't have a button on his pants.

I concede however inconsistencies between the official art and the actual character models or sprites is common, the aforementioned Starfox actually does have robot feet on the cover of the game for the SNES. Like I said they change character designs when it's convenient, so long as it still looks like the character at a glance.

I get what you mean

This double belt thing was in Crisis Core. Probably updated canon now.

Gods, how painful is his character arc to look at?

Tifa's tits restoring his balls are the only thing that can save him now.

Same here. Those puppies will make or break the remake.

nigger likes belts I suppose

Nomura has nightmares of his pants falling down during class presentations. This is his subconscious protecting him from his most primal fear.

when did final fantasy officially jump the shark?

Yeah that art is completely wrong. Cloud's main character trait is that he's a cocky son of a bitch until the reveal.

looks good if you ask me

There's absolutely no reason for the main heroines not to have been shown at this point.

Be ready to join your burger and nip brethren alike in raining shit on Squenix in the name of dick,unity just in case.

The promise has been made.

I can appreciate the escalation in violence if that's what they thought they needed for this fight, but that made me cringe to watch.

Because Rurouni Kenshin is too patrician for Holla Forums and current year videogame devs.

Fucking Madhouse before Madhouse was a thing. That anime was so atmospheric.

Recently watched Kenshin entirely, and was unsatisfied with how it was handled and read the manga

Kenshin aint nothing special, it only had a few decent moments.

The living proof of
Shishio did nothing wrong.

My problem was that theme was just "atoning for your sins" is possible, but some people can't let go of the past

And then they proceeded to nail this into your skull for almost 60 episodes. That's nearly 20 hours of a concept you understand by episode 10.

Shishio was a lame stereotypical villian. hur dur only the strong deserve to live. Kenshin uses the power of friendship to beat him.

Also Zamasu or Zandatsu or whatever the hell he was starts off with this huge sword and then drops it for using his fists. Would've been more interesting if he honed his skills with the sword and eventually rivaled Kenshin with it or something. But nopeā€¦ Jobber the whole way through.

The theme wasn't just "atoning for your sins", it was "understand your past and reshape your future" and every important character changes according to this.
Please never watch Legend of Galactic Heroes, you pleb.
His merchant name was Zanza, the gigantic sword was the Zanbato, and the sword was broken by Kenshin.

You're a person with shit tastes, or trying too hard to be contrarian.

Impossible

yeah shit was painful, did not expect that

Cool thumbnail faggot.