THE GR8 DB8: Which is the better Resident Evil game?

THE GR8 DB8: Which is the better Resident Evil game?

One is a love letter to American B movies that kick started a genre that had a great run till first person indie slender em ups killed it. The other is a hastily put together sequel by a new team because Code Veronica took so long to shit out.

Both ended up surprising people with its popularity, iconic designs and music.

But which one do you prefer?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whichever one I can play at 30/60FPS

arent they both on pc?

Resident Evil 3, this is not an argument

RE3 is objectively gameplay wise the single best classic RE game ever made.

An argument can be made that RE2 has better structure and pacing, and better individual moments.
That point can be argued among cultured, refined video game enthusiasts (aka not you, disgusting cockroaches), as there's strong points to be made for both RE2 and 3.

But gameplay wise, RE3 is the best.
In terms of replay value, RE3 is the best.
In terms of speedrunning entertainment value, RE3 is the best.
In terms of music, i personally prefer RE2 but RE3 has some tracks from RE2 so it's up to you really.

And before we get the usual piece of shit sperg propelling himself inside this thread like a diharrea jet claiming that REmake was the best gameplay wise, that is objectively untrue, overall RE3 has the best gameplay, but it's obviously true that REmake is superior to RE1, that's a no brainer.

confidence.

Well duh, thats like saying pepsi>coke
But what about a 3make? REmake 2 is happening and its largely the same art assetts so can you imagine a modern RE3?

I filled out the captcha just to call you a faggot.
Faggot.

That depends on capcom.
REmake 2 is happening but we don't know the details of what they're doing to do, if they're going to keep it the REmake route, or go for RE4 third person behind the shoulders style, etc.
We can only wait and see.
I don't really trust modern Capcom, and frankly, no one should.

If you can't handle my cock firmy shishkebabing you ass you're free to go cry about it on tumblr ya little bitch.

Considering it was announced right after REmake HD was their best selling digital product ever -and the best selling PS4 digital title at the time if memory serves- i think thats the style they are going for.

I prefer RE2 since its built around speed running so its a fun game to run through in an arvo with a few beers.

I've never finished RE3 and find the open space of Raccoon City to be a bit confusing at sometimes. It does have better gameplay with more guns and reactive controls. REmake is still the best RE game.

Again, never trust Capcom.
Don't forget RE6 was one of the best selling REs of all time.
And a lot of things can change depending on how much RE7 sells.

Sit down and finish RE3.
RE2 perhaps is more tightly structured but if you've actually speedrunned RE2 many times and then you learn to speedrun RE3, you'll notice that RE3 is a much better game to speedrun overall.
It has more visual variety so it's easier on your brain when you play it over and over, too, compared to 2.

I cant trust capcom or sony, RE7 is made to push the VR gimmick and sony also supposedly made capcom release sfV early as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made REmake 2 in the style of The Last of Us after seeing the new God of War gameplay.

Actually no, it plays like shit when using VR and plays much better normally.

RE7 is made because they're experimenting trying to mold the overall structure and pacing of RE1 into a FPS format.
It's not VR bait (regardless of what the trailers are pushing), and it's not an outlast clone.

No idea if it'll end up good or not, but there's a lot of misinformation floating around on what the intend behind the design of RE7 actually is.

Best selling but also a massive embarassment. Remember this was the first 'current gen' title with online play and stats. Stats that showed a massive player drop off. They wanted it to be a DLC vector for a solid year and its playerbase dropped in numbers almost at no mans sky levels after two weeks let alone a year. Capcom are greedy fucks but their greed post inajewne telling them 'follow the west' changed to 'keep them playing our products forever' now. Its why things like monster hunter get 'free dlc packs' to keep player retention and make the game look alive to potential future customers. Its all about retention now, even in single player games. RE6 was a critical bomb with consumers and REmake HD on the other hand was a critical darling with insane sales AND user numbers.

I got into the construction yard and stopped for a while then went back and forgot what i was doing.

Like the other user I filled out the captcha just for your faggotry

If you knew anything about the FGC scene you'd shut your mouth. Capcom released SFV early so they could meet the tournament schedule and get players antiquated in time for EVO that year. It was either the early release or waiting a full year which still has people arguing over the decision.

Heres the thing, when you actually play it its not really a huge deviation from traditional RE. It could go tank controls with first person and not play that differently. In the demo you walk around a ruined house innawoods, you see a fusebox missing a fuse, pick up a tape, see a locked door and shits very familiar. The real kicker is how monster design works. The scares of RE came from things outside the fixed camera making noise, you make it first person and that becomes things around a corner. Different perspective but the effect is the same.

Thats the flaw of RE5 and 6 really. In RE2 it teases the Licker with it crawling up the window by the fixed camera. You can miss it but if you see it it works. In RE7 the dad walks by the door and same effect. In 5/6? LET US PULL THE CAMERA FROM YOUR CONTROL TO FOCUS ON A FAKE SCARE LIKE A PLASTIC JUG FALLING OFF A TABLE, YA SCARED YET YOU FUKKIN PIGGU GWEILO and that does not work because it removes player control.

I dont think RE7 will be anything more than the game condemned 2 should have been but from what i have player so far it does everything RE1-3 does that 4-6 didn't.

user RE3 is like 4 hours long. Go pirate it or grab it off PSN and go have a good ass time. Treat yourself.

Yep.
I'm not in love with RE7 or anything but the EXACT MOMENT they updated the demo and gave us the axe and the gun later on, it "clicked" in my head.
It's a blend of RE1 and Condemned.

It's not quite either one, but their heart is in the right place.
Maybe.
We'll have to see post release but a lot of people are still stuck on the "this is outlast/indie walking simulator" when that is clearly not the intention, and not the core design of the game.

It's a series of enclosed locations with enemies that are hard to take down and parts of the locations you're locked in has to be opened by doing puzzles.
You've got a limited amount of resources and you have to make them last as you move foward.
Aka, it's RE1 at it's core.

Here is my prediction: Resident Evil 7 is 'itchy tasty' - the game.
It is going so hard RE1 that zombies are being the big monster again. The game will begin hiding from crazy fresh infected hillbillies. As it progresses they zombify and the dynamic will change. You sneak less but they are more damage resistant, fearless and relentless, with obviously one will mutate further to be the tyrant/birkin of the game.

The trailers song has the lyrics "i was raised in a deep, dark hole. A prisoner with no parole. They cut me up and took my soul, shame though what they made" along with images of a little girl and the tagline "she is coming back".

That leaves 2 options. Alex Wesker and Lisa Trevor. Alex depending on the time should be living with Barry Burton as his adopted daughter, Lisa Trevour just jumped off a bridge into darkness and the arklay mountains were riddled with caves famous for bats and leeches.
I think trevour fell, was fucked up but due to her proto nemesis parasite survived, such as you can call it survival, and washed up in the bayou and was found by the rednecks damaged son and it started and outbreak as shes mutated into another form, only she has no reason to spread since she finally has a family right? thats what her crazy ass wants and needs. But umbrellas watching. Their company is ruined, their labs destroyed but here is the walking, constantly mutating hot lab for all their best selling weapons.

Its the only loose end and REmake HD was fresh in their minds when writing this. I think its simply a RE1 retread where you are there AS the compound zombifies and the situation changes.

I'd actually really love for RE7 to have an "infected" route, and then a normal "survivor" router.
With the "infected" route eventually turning you into Birkin smashing shit in front of you in a mutated rampage, it would actually be really fucking cool.

But i only want it as an option, not as the only possible route, that would be lame.
Also, if the infection is triggered by ANY possible bite (like in the demo), then there must be either points during the game where you can reverse it, periodically, before a final "point of no return", or some kind of method to rewind the game so you can take the other "clean" route.
Or maybe it's just specific parts during the game that put you under risk of being infected, and if you manage to clear them without getting bitten you go on the "clean" route, something like that.

It's a cool idea but it has to be propely balanced.

Considering it swaps between a husband and wife it could be a powerful scene to have one mutate and as the mutated one you finally find the other and they have to kill you.

Also if the wife mutates /monster/ would have a field day.

RE3 is way much more superior than the original RE in terms of gameplay, soundtrack, pace and replay value, especially if you're going to unlock all the weapons of The Mercenaries minigame Mikhail best mercenary, fuck the spic and the "I'm not the obvious bad guy, seriously"

On topic, this is how I order all the RE games I've played (best to worst)

RE3=RE4=REmake>RE2>RE0>RE:CV>RE(original)>RE:R2>RE:R>>>RE5>>>>>>RE6

RE0 over RE2? really? I mean don't get me wrong i love the Ecliptic Express portion, its one of my favourite sections in any of the games but the mansion was redundant as fug.

? he clearly stated that RE0 is inferior to 2.
I'd be pissed off as fuck otherwise.

RE0 pisses me off to no end.
So much amazing background animated spritework and so detailed, all wasted on a such a mediocre game.
The beginning train is one of the most decieving bait and switch i've seen in video game history, too.

I misread revalatons 2 as re2.

Pic related tbh.

I'm gonna take a shit directly inside your chest cavity.

However Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare did have a nice setting, i'll give you that.
I'm especially a fan of the woman in the attic with the candles everywhere, it was pretty damn creepy.
Also the whole flashlight mechanic in that game was a bit useless, but a fun little novelty.

When i was a kid i played this on halloween with friends and it descended into an argument about how living in a spooky mansion on an island with a forest was creepy or radical depending on the person.

Give it top tier internet and drone delivering groceries and nobody would know if i was even dead or alive on that dream home.

New Nightmare was better than all PS1 RE games, but worse than the OG AitD.

Looking on Capcom's site, they've been shilling Outbreak for the past few weeks
Do we dare to hope?

They have, up to and including talking about how "the only issue is the netcode was outsourced and would have to be done from scratch"

It looked nice but in every other regard Eternal Darkness did it better.

Never 4git

REmake outbreak soon?

I would put the original and CV above 2 and 0, honestly. RE2 feels too much like an inferior rehash of the original and 0's gimmicks are annoying.

Agreed. I came to say this but you have saved me from explaining it.

No I don't because no one aside from shitposters/baiters like yourself "defended" it

No reloaderino nerf, just make the hitbox smaller.
Separate the shitters from the real hookers

only if the game is good

SPAM PREVENTING BUMP

Name one ga

the huge ones are based off real worms, thats how they would work

Bump

Every Resident Evil before and after 4 are shit.

The better Resident Evil is Dead Space 1

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

No, soundtracks are to score a specific scene and listening to them outside of said scene is weapons grade autism. Might as well plug some open ear headphones into your rooted Android phone and play it on public transportation.

RE3 is the worst before Code Veronica. All the games have design holes. Best in order is RE0, REMAKE , RE2, RE3 , CV. Not sure where this RE3 is good meme is coming. It's pretty for a speed run game cause of the movement speed and lines but beyond that no.

Dead Space 2 is better than Dead Space 1.

Yeah, i said it.

But user, CV is the only game with a reverse trap

Resident Evil 3 is a better game out of those two but Resident Evil 4 is the best out of the series because it actually has good gameplay and is fun to replay because of it instead of just speed running to chase rankings which unlock new jpegs to view.

Resident evil 2 is a massive meme with its overhyped zapping system that doesn't even make sense in its own logic.

Personally I liked RE1 most because the setting was more spooky (castle/mansion with underground laboratory somewhere in a forest). Code Veronica comes right after that in my ranking. RE3 was not even a real game for me. It was just RE2 with minor changes.

RE1 > RE3

You really don't know what you're talking about if you think that about RE3. The mechanics and AI had some serious polish to them plus the fact you get stalked throughout the game. Also there are events that change the game on how you play.

RE0 is the best though. Not the most fun but the best. It takes the formula as far as you can take it really. Kamiya is my kind of guy, actually understands games.

RE7 SUCKS FUCK THIS VR HAUNTED HOUSE PT RIP OFF SHIT

4 > All the rest
And no, RE was never scary, so saying 4 wasn't horror is not an argument.

My vote is for 3. My favorite Resident Evil, you can't beat Mercenaries mode and the dodge mechanic.

Definitely RE3. There's a Delo in it!

All I wanted to see was a detailed explanation why RE3 Jill is the best RE waifu to ever exist.

You dropped this, user.

if that's a wall of text for you, then you need to go back to africa

S.T.A.R.S. Jill is better though.
I wanna cum inside her hat and then make her wear it.

Mechanically, 3 is definitely the better game.
As far as story/setting/creepyfeel? I prefer RE 2.

RE1's setup of how all those cops end up "trapped" in that house makes the elite STARS team just seem like fucking retards.
Splitting up to search for shit.
Not calling in everything on the radios.
Not regrouping and attempting to leave the mansion to go get proper backup.
All of these various things.

Resident Evil 3 had a good story too, though. Although a bit retarded at the end….feels like they didn't know how to just get the characters out of the city without putting in some big ticking-clock BLOW IT ALL UP shit.
And of course because of that, we now have every game since 3 be FIGHTING ROUND THE WORLD resident evil.

Please remove your degeneracy

That's either Corrupt Rebecca or Perma-virgin Sherry
Would her hymen regenerate during or after?

Neither has Hunk, so neither are good.

RE3 is the best gameplay wise, had fun replaying it, dodging monsters and having upgraded weapons/ammo is pretty fun. Mercenaries is pretty nice too
Even though I don't like it much I thought Code Veronica was a real pretty game for the PS2. hell it might be better than most PS3/360 crap and it's soundtrack is god tier.

nigga u a savage but i'll abide it

REmake≥RE2≥RE4>RE3>RE1>RE:CV>RE5>RE6

But user, that's true.

dead space 2 is a better shooter
dead space 1 is a better horror game

i've seen that discussion before and it's as retarded now as it was then. capcom knows that REmake is their hottest selling game possibly ever and has nothing but positive feedback to this day, they rereleased their remake and sold like hotcakes, and re0make did too. if you think they're going to suddenly up and give RE2 the RE4 treatment you need to get your head checked

Not really
Dead Space 2 has better enemy designs and scenarios while Dead Space 1 wears its gimmick thin by the third chapter.

Revelations 3 when?

Never ever

Finally someone else gets it.

I honestly find DS2 Ishimura to be more horrifying than DS1 Ishimura, so go figure.

Its because you have expectations and an emotional attachment to a previous journey st that point, like the brief RPD visit in Re3

Wew.

RE2 and RE3 are just way too easy. The RE2 remake is going to be a problem because even if they go the faithful route, the second half of the game is just so poor that it will need completely redesigned in my opinion. The thing that makes REmake and RE0 special is the amount of planning you do to succeed even after you know what to do, and RE0 takes this to the autismo max, especially because you can drop stuff. This is what RE is really about, not "muh spooky" but that's great to have.

And yet Resident Evil 7 is a first person game.

You want to start a fight you ask someone if cult or no cult is nest silent hill.

good taste, anons

Because most of its areas are made so that you can run from Nemesis. Also the game is shorter, with the weakest final areas of any of the PS1 games.

Pretty good taste user

Ask your mom.

I agree with your assessment that the final areas suck but the early and midgame ones are so great that it brings the overall quality of RE3 down to "still really good".

also, obligatory:

only the first two fights are a real bitch, the rest can be handled relatively easily.

I agree

I do fight him for them, I was just pointing out why a lot of the areas are streamlined "hallways" with few obstacles, so that players who were scared could run from Nemesis. It's not a bad design, just why it is easier to speedrun sections of the RE3 vs RE1 or RE2.

I just replayed the original trilogy this summer and I cannot agree

this might be true for the shooting and movement controls as it really did feel much better than 1 and 2 but the bullet creation thing was retarded. You only waste shitloads of time for crafting ammo and you block your inventory constantly.

how is this not annoying as fuck. I do not want to be stressed while exploring places or moving around for items. This is what makes me mad at RPG games as well. It is just Capcom trying too hard to give you this wow experience but failing miserably. What I always liked about RE games was the subtile kind of atmosphere you had after killing a batch of zombies. You knew it was exploring time and you could lean back a bit.

ah yes, those "questions" you have to answer (run away from nemesis or fight; geee, I wonder what would be smarter)

Generally you can see that RE3 had not been made with any love or greater thinking. You can feel how Sony just pushed Capcom into completing the trilogy for the PSX. They just took the leftovers of RE2 and recycled it into a new product with the characters they had left (Jill). The setting (once again in Racoon city) was boring, you even get into the police station again for some hours. Then you also do not get to choose the character you want to play with (1 and 2 had this feature although you could argue that Carlos is playable).

My personal RE ranking:
RE 1 > RE:CV > RE2 > RE0 > RE4 > RE_REV2
RE_ORC is a notable game to me because playing as someone from Umbrella's side was a nice change but otherwise the game is shit
you can hate me now

RE CV is the only RE game I didn't finished. Rev2 isn't a Resident Evil game so that doesn't count.

Tell me, what the fuck do people see in CV that I don't. The entire feels hacked together in random pieces. You're bombarded with pickups and dual fucking pistols even at the start.

yeah, at first I really liked CV because it felt like a sequel to RE2 but as it went on I lost interest, a thing that only happened to me in RE6. I don't get it either.

also is there moar like that gif? Rebecca Chambers has a perfect load-catching face.

bullet creation is cool though because it lets you customize ammo drops to your gameplay
style's needs, or you just save 'em for Cryo rounds to fuck up Nemesis. I mostly made shotgun shells with them iirc, making pistol rounds once or twice.

The tension Nemesis adds carries over from Mr. X in Scenario b of both RE2 characters. I liked it, it was scary as fuck to have a boss just show up out of nowhere and you have to drop everything and fuck it up or haul ass away. It's not like either one stalks you constantly, the Nemesis gimmick timing is just as scripted, he can just open doors. I don't think every RE game should have it but it is additive to the horror.

the questions aren't just about fighting nemesis, some of them also change your entrance point to maps, which matters due to enemy/item placement.

I thought this Raccoon City was way more Raccoon City than Police Department: The Mansion: The Game.

I too wish ORC wasn't shitty. It gathers dust on my shelf, wishing it was as cool as its premise.

CV is for me just a personal thing. I like castle/mansion settings so I would naturally love RE1, RECV and RE0. The Ashford mansion had some nice puzzles and creepy cutscenes. Then the final showdown in the antarctic was an interesting setting.
It might also be my Dreamcast nostalgia.

RE3

That's like the whole point of survival horror games, to be stressed and to have fear.
The same is true for 3, sort of.