Why is he so revered in the spacefag vidya community? Even back in the day a good amount of people called him a hack

Why is he so revered in the spacefag vidya community? Even back in the day a good amount of people called him a hack.

Because they sunk 20k into the crowdfunding. they have to justify it somehow.

Because he will totally finish Star Citizen.
You can bet your thousand dollar spaceship images on that.

Wait he's making a new game? Explain?

wat

Been out the country for around 10 years

well
There's this thing called Star Citizen that got over 100 million dollaridoos through crowdfunding. Before the game is even out people could buy in-game spaceships for thousands of dollars. Mr. Roberts just abolutely had to go with the CryEngine, for some retarded reason. The game was supposed to have all sorts of elements, but the first person element has been branched off into its own thing. Or something. Yet there hasn't been any news of it for a long while now. Star Citizen as a whole has been delayed. Lots of grand features were promised, but probably won't make it. It's just a fun little dumpsterfire to watch.
Also Derek Smart making it his personal mission to try and undermine SC and Roberts in his own spergy zealotic way has been fun to watch as well.

How the fuck did you manage to find you way in here?

You were in jail, weren't you.

EDfag here, I gotta say, as much of a trainwreck as SC is, it'll have to get a hell of a lot worse before it gets worse than ED.

Braben listens to middle-aged forumdads and refuses to hire any game designers, so the whole thing ends up being nothing more than a (admittedly quite comfy) tech demo.

Yeah. We need the freshness and edginess of youth.

The funniest part of DmC - it was made by middle-aged forumdad, a kike too.

Does he think that turd on his head makes him look cool or something?

Should have bought Battlecruiser instead.

Was that game even good?

It was released for free after a while.

My problem is the lack of quality-of-life shit.

Why the fuck do I have to spend 4 hours traveling 300 Ly in a ship that can only jump 16 Ly, and can only jump like 5 times before having to refuel?

Why not have warp gates?

Welcome to hell.

I can't wait for thread after thread of links and numbers to suicide hotlines when this trainwreck finally runs out of steam.

Christmas reveal was a failure
2.6 just got released
Sandi's going back to her tickling career

Wew lad, imagine how its gonna be when it all comes crashing down.

It's okay to be ignorant.

It was… interesting.

My pain is constant

How did you even got to Holla Forums then?

About the only thing I've figured to be always true after all these years is that furries make everything worse than it needs to be.

He will "finish" it.
But I kinds doubt that his understanding of finishingf a game is the same asw everyones elses. except those that spend their lifesavings on it

Those images make me depressed, I can't even laugh at these people any more.

He'll finish it the same way he finished Freelancer. He'll eventually run out of money, get bought out by a publisher and forced to cobble together whatever he's managed to finish during all these years so they can scrape together some profit from it.

Then he'll wait another 20 years and try the same shit again.

He's not. He's revered by faggot casuals.

Do you know these people who play games for ages, but don't recommend them in their Steam reviews? I never understood them, but ED makes a convincing case against that. I have no Steam-game with more hours, yet I cannot recommend it without feeling like I lied.
The friend who introduced me to ED played the game since the closed beta for KS backers. Most of the time we spent playing ED, we bitched about it. Frontier's approach to game design seems to be to follow those two rules:

I think it was during some of my first play sessions with him that he wanted to buy the new ship, he saved for.
I think it took him more than half an hour just to find a station that had the ship he already had the money for. Afterward he found out that the station had the ship, but not the equipment. Bitching ensured as he had to go through the same bullshit again. It's just a waste of time.
The mission system consisted of recursive RNGs and engineering is even worse.

And don't even get me started on Power Play.
If I had one wish, one thing they have to change for me, it would be this: No more than one layer of RNG. Whatever the player does, it doesn't involve an RNG on more than one occasion.

I think that Oolite might be more what youŕe looking for. lol

the 30K guy is no longer unique, I know a guy who done the same.

I'm sure there are many more

Butthurt middle-aged forumdad spotted.

Because forumdads hate convenience, they find the tedium of watching 30 loading screens in a row immersive.

Ace attorney has the most and longest talking segments

Its gonna be a close match