Games that are technically abysmal, yet offer interesting features without any substitute

Post em.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Saunic/status/810211139900624900
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810032276423766016
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810028592176463872
twitter.com/omgAyane/status/809950080270827521
twitter.com/omgAyane/status/809927615884722176
twitter.com/jav1ts/status/809927076891467776
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
youtube.com/watch?v=bNXYrAkUntU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Creation Kit. A very interesting feature of skyrim.

Before we progress, please name one of those interesting features, OP.

Ah, fuck it, i am going to derail the thread myself.

TRASH

Radiant AI.

Goddammit.

that's a meme
Bethesda games aren't that easy to mod, rather there's just a legion of dedicated autists and cucks willing to put all their effort into modding the games

Among all sandbox RPG's out there, skyrim is the easiest and most fun to mod.

You know, your thread could live a little longer if you didn't said this.

They all came from nietzsche's concept of will.

Let me try fucking it up, I love unpopular opinions threads.

Yeah, I actually love that idea too. If only the game was a bit longer.

You're supposed to get mad and call me a shill, you fuck.

goddmanit, I always see a post like this and want to try modding skyrim again, but I KNOW that nothing I do will make it fun.

Yeah I like that too. I just wish the glory kills didn't stop your movement, at least give me an option for a quick/running kill that does the same thing without stopping my movement. You're invincible during most glory kills anyways, it just seems superfluous. Also didn't like it giving you a fountain of pickups when you're running low.
Fuck you game I like the challenge of only getting 5hp/3 shotgun shells back at a time. Don't give me 40hp/8 shotgun shells just because I was low.

Modern Warfare 2 was a genuine clusterfuck in terms of multiplayer that it was fun to play and mess around in.

Call of Duty games are great for local multiplayer. There I said it

So Mount and Blade: Warband?

Wrong.
Wrong. What are feasts?

Tomb Raider, the one before last. – That multiplayer was astonishingly fun, and janky. It captured the 90s aura of the franchise's root far more than the otherwise enjoyable singleplayer. IDK. There was just something pleasantly surprising about it.

There's only one race in the entire game. There isn't even wizardry. It's just tribe wars and shit.

Not radiant AI.

if it was a bit faster, or like a running kill as the other user said it would be better

but it's still good and fun

You're retarded.

Does that mean there's no lore?

Death stranding really got hit with the downgrAIDS.
On topic: I really like the comfy road-trip simulator aspects to FFXV. First game I ever played where fucking fetch-quests were fun because I had to keep things like time of day, fuel level, etc in mind.
of course the endgame with the f-type regalia ruins all this fun shit

Todd thread?

im a fucking rockstar drone

Yeah. By lore I mean some metaphysical shit.

Your point?

I don't know there's been a lot of substitutes for rockstar games.

Oh boy, a reddit thread in disguise.

So Freelancer?

That's not what "lore" means, guy.

and none of them have fun offroading

Metaphysical lore then, whatever.

GTA V is fun for offroading indeed.

You know what game Skyrim will never beat? Mass Effect 3

I'm not moving goalpost, it's the faggot who tries to convince me that some random game about intergalactic spaceships can be a substitute for skyrim.

Real Life

You got that backwards. Real life is technically amazing but is a fucking waste of time.

I disagree. Meeting 3D and procreating is a feature without substitute but if you mess up you can irreversibly fuck yourself over or make it very hard to reset.
I suppose it's made for hardcore gamers but fucking casuals also have t play it so people think it's unbalanced. A true Soulslike.

More like Cuckslike tbh.

This is way funnier than it should be.

character creation in other games, like some of the older THQ games is better. In skyrim you chose premade features like noses and shit, in saints row or those old wwe SmackDown! vs. Raw games you make them yourself.

Buddy, I disdain Skyrim with a passion but that is a retarded post.
The creation kit is a software, not the in-game character creator.

I thought that user was talking about the in game character creator. what is so special about, whatever that kit is?

Kindly hang yourself.

only good game desu

You kill yourself
…or you wait for the burning crusade server.

Ye-

God I fucking hate that game and community.

Yes really. Great reveal.

this thread's going well

If all their talent left to other studios, why are their engines still worse than Cryengine?

You mean buffed as fuck?
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810211139900624900
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810032276423766016
twitter.com/Saunic/status/810028592176463872
twitter.com/omgAyane/status/809950080270827521
twitter.com/omgAyane/status/809927615884722176
twitter.com/jav1ts/status/809927076891467776

There is literally zero reason to buy it on PS3 and anyone who does is a fucking moron.

That garbage version even sold like shit in Japan and Japan's stereotypically always behind a gen because they're poor.

Nice.

Skyrim adds absolutely nothing to the table faggot, deal with it.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

user, I think that simply means you don't like that game but some anons might actually enjoy playing it, can you even fathom such a thing?

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

ether+judgement, if blocking somehow counted as armor
gravity+thunder or explosion would be pretty lulzy for AoE situations

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Yeah sure my man

I mean my playlist for lifting is just the Anarchy Reigns soundtrack mixed with some MGR and a few boss themes from Tropical Freeze

Nothing quite like cranking out squats while RULES OF NATURE blares in your ears

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

youtube.com/watch?v=bNXYrAkUntU

From the top of my head there is Elona and Mount&Blade as replacements.
Witcher 3 for Open-world sandbox.
Dragon Dogma if you want good aRPG.

Ok I already wrote something and I won't delete this but there is no hope for you.

Still don't have a virtual life simulator that tops Creatures 3.

post more images of the lolis

That's a shit mechanic you goddamn nigger

To be fair it encourages the player to play aggressively and stay in contact with the enemy, which I imagine is a change of pace for most of the underage faggots that grew up on Call of Duty and its ilk.

Skyrim had interesting features?!

Fuck you Todd.

No seriously I played this game and it did NOTHING new. Fuck I hate the mainstream games industry and their enablers.

I call it the Wolfenstein Effect. Wolfenstein: The New Order wasn't an amazing shooter, but it was pretty good and somewhat encouraged aggression. Compared to shit like CoD and Battlefield and Overwatch, it looks amazing even though there are plenty of faster shooters and better shooters available.

Doom and Quake still have active modding communities which produce more interesting maps than people who are literally paid to do it for a living. If that kind of uninspired map design has been the industry standard since 2007, you can only blame underageb& faggots so much.

Except it does all of them poorly:

I preferred the first one in the series

You are terminally stupid you thought FFXV was going to be anything other than a basic action RPG with lots of fluff and polish. The games used menu-based combat for the majority of their existence, and FFXV's combat is a rough translation of that to real-time: light on execution.

Bummer to hear about uncustomizable AI, though. Even Persona 3 let you do that.

I thought it was going to be an "improved" (ie slightly better) Type-0. I knew it wasn't going to be Devil May Cry 3/Bayonetta in terms of depth, hence the stylish action in quotes, but I thought it was going to at least try to imitate them. They only imitated it visually, though.

It's not even as good as a basic action RPG. Basic action RPGs are way less clunky than this. Even Type-0 did its combat better. It's basically do cool things by holding down the button and occasionally pushing a direction.

And yeah. The AI is shit. There are no commands, like telling party members to attack/defend/regroup/run. There aren't any settings for each party member (like Tales has), so you can't have the weakest/ranged member play defensively.

They also can't use items on their own (one of them kind of can, but only if you equip him with certain accessories, and even then it's only one of two types of items [hi potions or elixirs, depending on the accessory], and the party member only uses them on Noctis), so you have to command them to use it. You can also use phoenix downs on yourself, when you have to, because other party members can't use items without you telling them to. And when you tell them to use an item, they can only use it on themselves.

It feels like the item system was done to offset the terrible, incompetent AI. Not only do they pretty much dump items on you, the game freezes when you open the item menu, and when you or any other party member uses an item, the animation consists of iframes. So when all your buddies get beaten down because they kept attacking the boss while it was charging up its attack, while you were running away, you can simply open the menu, order each one of them to use an elixir. And boom, back to full health and attacking like retards again.

If they all get downed, have each of them use a phoenix down, and then everyone's back up again.

I'm not going to lie; I got the game, and I really did enjoy it. It's pretty, there's lots of content, and when the characters had their moments, they were good. And despite the lack of AI and the clunky/casual but serviceable combat, it's tolerable (so, not frustrating) because of the cheap way you can use items. But in the end it's barely even a 6/10 above average game. It isn't outright bad. It's just barely dragging itself out of 13's shadow. It's easy to tell that half the game was rushed to hell, and it's also easy to tell that because they tried to please everyone at once, the game's quality faltered.

What hurts the most is that the best girl is relegated to one dungeon and random encounters where she randomly joins your party for large overworld fights later on

Damn, I didn't realize the item abuse was that flagrant. If the developers were going to ignore the whole point of having an item system in the first place, I'd rather they make it something punishing like Monster Hunter where you're locked into a five second uninterruptible animation where your character spends half the time posing instead of drinking the damn potion.

Were there any other big sins the game committed? I've only seen gameplay of the first few hours, which seemed like a competent enough road trip simulator.

what's wrong with that user?

Depends on what you consider a sin. The camera could be one. Where it goes behind bushes/trees and blocks what's going on during battle (the bushes don't become transparent). Or when fighting a large enemy it freaks out and doesn't know whether to be up close or pull further back. What happens when fighting a large enemy in a tight space? Good luck because you're not going to see anything.

Skyrim squanders what good lore it could have which is worse than having none at all.

Skyrim's AI is fucking retarded, retard.

That's a-ok, Creatures 1 is a more cohesive experience as opposed to 3's complete lack of guidance, it's much less a game and more a make-believe laboratory.

Just tried to play both 1 and 3 but quit because I just found trying to control the creature extremely annoying. It's too bad, the game seems extremely fascinating.

You… you don't control the creatures. Do you mean like, training it, getting the buggers to listen? They're not very clever, but they'll do anything with enough positive reinforcement.

I like the ability to manually block in in Oblivion and Skyrim over Morrowind's RNG block. Also NPCs moving around and doing stuff gives the game a little more life, and make stealing when people are sleeping a thing
But other than that Morrowind is superior

I'd be interested in a rpg fantasy game with the story/quests made around the mechanic of the protagonist actually remembering stuff after loading/saving. Would be pretty neat if there was some way to implement that non-shittily.
Something like undertale except good

I agree with the second point though. NPC schedules were a good idea. Still a shit thread.

A few times I tried to get it to ride an elevator up or down and it would press the opposite button to whatever I pressed every single fucking time. This was making me genuinely angry so I decided to stop playing. Perhaps I was approaching the game the wrong way. I wanted to bring it all around the map so I could teach it more shit.

if you can make characters look like this on the skyrim / fallout engine to begin with why the fuck do they all look like turtle people in the original game and some weeb has to make these as mods instead of actually being decent NPC models to begin with

LIES!!!

What's better, War for the Overworld or Dungeons 2?

It's difficult, they're both similar but play slightly differently. I personally prefer Overworld but Dungeons 2 is fun once in awhile.

I heard Dungeons 2 is much slower paced than Overworld. Also Overworld is PC exclusive, while Dungeons 2 also sold on PS4 (adapted for console controls).

There might be more differences.

VTMB is the exact opposite of this thread's subject though. It's a great game with a few big flaws.

It suits the thread just fine. I'm not trying to bait, it's an amazing game.

Both are fun games in their own right. Overworld has some humor while Dungeons 2 can be seen as parody with it's humor, also has the narrator from Stanley Parable.

I liked wandering around and looking for treasure and shit to bring back to my house in skyrim, but since the dungeons were fucking wank it couldn't even do that right

Fallout 4, not for one particular feature per se but for the overall idea of what it's supposed to be
Post-apoc world, open for you to explore, including a large area of ruined city (complete with tall skyscrapers and plenty of verticality). Highly customizable weapons and armour. Create and run a settlement of your own, build its defenses and its economy, and see to the needs of its settlers.
If it weren't so utterly shit, I'd be playing that game for years.

Christ I hated Skyrim's schedules.

None of the stores were open 24 hours. Oh have to wait 4 hours again to sell my loot.

If you ever played morrowind as a mage you would shut your whore mouth about having to wait all the time.

god i fucking love these guys.

Top pleb

Reminds me of the Jedi Academy Tilbanna gas station mixed with my minecraft map.

Wish minecraft had this kind of combat though.

There's never going to be a game like Black & White ever again

Bottom Kek