Wich one should I buy if Im only going to put a CFW, pirate everything and emulate stuff?

Wich one should I buy if Im only going to put a CFW, pirate everything and emulate stuff?

By pure numbers of good games? The 3DS, probably.
Weebs pls don't get butthurt

Vita if you want WEEB Games.
3DS if you want Nintendo games.

The Vita still doesn't have real CFW and piracy. What it does have is really janky and relies on someone hosting a middleman server to work.

3DS is a pirate's dream right now. It's cracked so wide open that you can pirate games directly from Nintendo's own eShop.

The 3DS has more games. The CFW guides are much neater. I say go for the 3DS.

there's a difference?

One has good games

the other is nintendo.

Lmao.

Remember: anime is triggering.

where do you think you are?

3DS. The Vita is an amazing console if you like niche games but fuck those memory cards. At least the 3DS takes SD/MicroSD.
Ideally you should grab both, and hope someone comes up with a solution for the Vita that somehow lets you use MicroSD cards. You can get a homebrewable Vita fairly easily now, but that might not last.

As for their libraries, if you get a 3DS get the Picross e series and SmileBasic at least. Picross e is a comfy puzzle game and SmileBasic is a way to make your own vidya.
If you get a Vita get TxK and Lumines; Electronic Symphony. TxK is a Tempest 2000 clone made by the guy who made Tempest 2000, and Lumines is a neat puzzle game with a great soundtrack.

Are emulating Nintendo platforms? If so, get a 3DS. If not, the Vita is better, generally speaking.

This person is completely uninformed.

I'd say both, but maybe instead of a psvita you should get a pstv, since it's a lot more cheaper and it will surely be on a hackable firmware even if new. You will lose portability but pretty much everything else is still there.
For the 3DS try to get a "new3ds" one, they're better in everything in comparison to the "old" ones but i don't think it will be easy to find one on the right firmware.

I ordered my nephews a SKY3DS+ for christmas to pimp out their 3DS/2DS' ~ to my knowledge this lets them play any 3DS title in a drag and drop manner. I think you can hack it too and shit, but both of em are on newest firmware and I don't want them to have to hassle with tiptoeing around a hack and avoiding to do certain shit or not doing certain things (they will still need to stay offline with the SKY3DS+ games without a private header though, I'm too lazy to figure out and do that for all of the games I'm loading them up with).

I also hacked my PSP recently (PSP1001, from when I was a kid) and it's super easy.
You just need to order a cheap (I got mine for like 15 bucks) MicroSD>MemoryStickProDuo adapter card (got mine off Amazon) and you can use practically any MicroSD with your PSP to store your roms, saves, etc.

It's the Vita that uses really stupid proprietary cards. They're expensive, slow and according to some reports they break easily. Even worse, they're smaller than MicroSD cards, so you can't just use an adapter like with the PSP. This was Sony's solution to piracy, and all it did was annoy paying customers.

psvita, not psp

Sorry guys, I've been outta the loop for a bit. That's some bullshit… If you go that route OP, look for used; lots of people sell their perfectly good handhelds (maybe you'll get lucky enough to find both cheap).

There's been an offline installed for months dude.
That being said, the 3DS is the better bet because it's fully cracked, while the Vita still can't play a lot of games post hack because of updates to the firmware.

Get both, user.

A cheap 3DS hacked with ARM9LoaderHax can get youu every 3DS, DS (with a flashcart) DSi, GBA (Virtual Console Injects work like a charm), Gameboy and Gameboy Color game, so you're getting all of Nintendo's fucking handheld library. Also you can play NES, Genesis, Turbografx, and even SNES games (with better emulation if you have a New 3DS)

A Vita will get you a nice library of Japanese games, some Sony collections like Ratchet & Clank, Metal Gear, FFX, Sly Cooper and GOW and all of the indie stuff that the 3DS couldn't run (Risk of Rain and Hotline Miami come to mind). With the console hacked we now have a decent port or Retroach that can run games from consoles up to SNES, CPS1/2, NeoGeo and PS1(which works perfectly for 2D games at least). AdrenalineCFW lets you play PSP games (and PS1 games will come soon)

Both handhelds are complementary (as competing consoles should be), so having both is a nice option.

I have a NEW 3DS XL with A9lh and a FAT Vita with a 64GB Memory Card, and I'm happy as fuck with them.

3DS has injects for GBA/GBC-GB/NES, N3DS has SNES. Freeshop allows easy piracy as well. Emulation outside that is shit.

Vita is more tedious, but better screen and have PSP and all its support, alongside a better Retroarch and better homebrew ports. Weeb games of course.

Get the Vita if it's hackable. Most of the 3DS, DS, and everything before it is emulatable on a smartphone. I've seen PSP but you'll need a really high spec smartphone to deal with it. But before purchasing, make sure to find out if it can emulate PS1 too as I'm out of the loop regarding Vita hacks.

Leave.

Nintendo Switch :^)

Get the Vita if you want to play Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Dancing all Night, and a ton of anime style garbage rpgs that are shit

get 3DS if you want to play anything else

Except that's wrong you fucking retard.

Vita:
- 15 minutes if you are below 3.60
- 1 minute if you are one 3.60
- impossible if you are above 3.60
3DS:
Several hours.

Vita:
- Download pkg
- send to vita via ftp
- install pkg
3DS:
- set up freeShop
- select game
- game downloads and installs automatically

The Vita is about 6 times faster than a New 3DS.

Pretty sure it's possible and I'm not going to spoon feed you.

Care to tell me your specs in mind? PSP run like shit on my S6.

You done being a little bitch?

Actually that SNES9x build intended for O3DS raised the bar tremendously. General emulation quality is near par with Nintendo's on O3DS because of that emulator.

PPSSPP ran fine even on my old Moto G
Are you retarded?

Also
You're a Fucking Retard, leave.

I installed it on a friend's O3DS and you're right, a lot of games run pretty good on it, except for some like the fan translation for Dragon Quest I & II and Super Mario RPG among others that run on SNES Virtual Console or the SNES9X2005 Retroarch core.

But you're right about SNES9x for O3DS. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Is it still being updated?

There's several odd cases like that, I would've thought it was no Super FX chip support but apparently Star Fox and Yoshi's Island run on it so there's something else to it. It's also not being kept totally up-to-date, most recent release was October 15th.

If I cared to play powerpoint presentation on your shitty device then I might leave. Do you also run excel games on it too?

works even less on Holla Forums than on 4chan retard

fuck off back to your pedophile sanctuary

Yeah you sure showed him. I'll make sure to like and reblog this ebin comeback.

we now live in an age of decadence where we automatically assume "there's an emulator for it" and don't know what to do if there isn't one or if the one there is isn't useable

3ds. Vita has some very good games, but a lot of them have been ported to PC and more are coming. 3ds has at least as good a library and is cracked wide open to the point where you can download games directly from Nintendo's servers for free and play said games online with no repercussions.

dark times we live in

At 2:15pm today President Obama will announce war with Russia, declare martial law, and suspend the transition of power. The age of decadence will end.

3ds has more and generally better games.
Vita has upset owners dumping games that will brick your device.
So go with 3ds, but if you can give vita a try. It's got some enjoyable stuff.

(1)

just buy both used, there are probably a lot of people that havent used them in a while and want to sell them you could even find one with the right version to pirate

2:25PM, where's that declaration of war?

Probably 3DS. Getting CFW on it is a bit more complicated to setup, but last I checked - the Vita lost it's ability to spoof higher firmwares, so you no longer have access to PSN. Dunno if newer games will even run, or if it'll bug you to update. Meanwhile, you can download games directly from the 3DS (Fre)e-shop. And you can use any SD card in the 3DS, whereas you're going to get jewed to the bone on Sony's proprietary memory cards.

Remote play is nice, though, and if you have a nvidia card in your PC, you can stream PC games to the Vita (since there's no games on the PS4 to stream).

3DS has more games and developers who actually acknowledge its existence

Why the fuck do we get these retarded threads EVERY FUCKING YEAR around Christmas time full of possibly underage faggots asking Chinese Cartoon forums what to buy instead of doing their own fucking research and deciding for themselves?

It's almost like they want input from other perceived-to-be game savvies or something since self-research or searching on your own only goes so far >>>/a/ with the "spoonfeeding" mentality

the vita has far more good games than the 3ds. You'll get a lot of variety out of it. The only people who say the 3DS has more games are people who don't know shit about the libraries of either. The 3DS is a joke of a system and has been for years.

Waste of quads

There's nothing wasteful about the truth

Not really. They both have dungeon crawlers, beat em ups, and other shit. Heck, Vita doesn't even have Monster Hunter. Where's the variety? Gravity Rush? Whatever the fuck Tearaway is? Heck, 3DS even got an Ace Combat game and a not jewed out Ridge Racer. What's so good about the Vita? Shitty, grindy Tactics games?

Waste of quads.The Vita only have games if you know moon. If you don't it's a worthless paperweight, not to mention piracy is terrible on it,unlike 3DS.
Unless a lot of fan translations and better way to pirate comes out, the 3DS is way superior to vita in almost everyway.

I've got both consoles and I find the Vita has better games for quickly picking up and playing. I'm the guy who always mentions TxK and Lumines, because they're just that good when you have 5 minutes to kill. There's also Wipeout 2048 and Minecraft: Vita Edition, which work nicely.
3DS > Vita, but the Vita deserved better. Sony just dumped it into the market without thinking it through, and then dropped support for it.
Rear touchpad is a neat idea, but when it impedes being able to hold the console it's a problem. The round shape looks good but there's nowhere to grab properly, and it always feels like it's about to fall out my hands unless I use this horrible plastic grip. Multitasking and a focus on digital games is a nice idea, but the memory cards are tiny and extremely expensive.
Outside those huge flaws the games look great visually and the buttons feel nice and tactile. The slim game cards let you carry a fuckton of games in a tiny pouch easily. If they gave it to people to test before release and caught all the fuckups we'd have a much healthier 3DS vs Vita scene, and gamers on both sides would benefit from the competition.

And as for the 3DS, the n3DS is what the original should have been and the nub isn't as good as another circle pad.

The nub is shit but having 4 shoulder buttons and a better CPU is nice. The 3D fucking hurts my eyes though, unlike the o3DS.