What has been the biggest disappointment in gaming for you in the past 10 years ?

What has been the biggest disappointment in gaming for you in the past 10 years ?
Alternatively, what disgusts or enrages you most about modern gaming / industry / press / `culture` ?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The increasing amounts of microtransactions and shit like that in both MP and SP games is probably one of the worst things to have happened to videogames.
Even worse when they're P2W.

Overpriced DLC that wouldn't have passed for an expansion pack 10 years ago.

Everything. Disappointments every day. Can't tell which is the biggest one.

DRM

still spore

That… is a hard decision.

The consumer base
Nickel-and-diming the consumers like cut-rate Jews
The constant shilling of Cultural Marxism, and outright lying about reality
Holla Forums and Holla Forums treating this place as a designated shitting street
The willingness to lap up everything the AAA puts out, having the attention spans of gnats, and constantly abandoning games mere months after release.

oblibion with guns

Mostly this.

What disgusts me is the fact that literally every popular multiplayer game these days is chock full of microtransaction and cosmetic cancer. It's fucking everywhere. Not like I have to deal with it because I have standards, but it spells a grim future for video games.

I don't really get hyped for anything anymore, so there aren't really single examples of disappointments.
So I guess my biggest disappointment is realizing there's nothing worth getting hyped for anymore.

Being alive

The fact that in recent years the gaming industry reflects upon my own life more and more with each day that passes

feminists and hipsters taking over the industry

This was the redpill for me. Bittersweet, 99% bitter.

Lack of good turn based games. Things like heroes and disciples are gone from the radar.

This, especially in games that are not F2P.
I don't mind cosmetics and shit in a F2P game but it's becoming mroe and more common in games you pay for. It seems like it's become the next "big thing" that all the AAA games have to have along with gambling random loot boxes that give you random cosmetic shit. What's even worse is that most of this stuff was free or easily unlocked while playing just a few years ago.

I'm also getting sick of the shameless copying most companies seem to do. I'm usually fine with just copying systems from other games and then trying to put your own spin on it but devs now seem so lazy and uncreative that they can't even do that right.

my birth

I loved it, but I still have to admit that the way it ws handled was shit.

Especially with how slow the balance and other patches were, even though they advertised a system to make those happen really fast.

The continued bastardization and rape of genuinely good Ip's for profiting purposes.

For fucks sake just stop being such greedy cunts 24/7

benis

tried the wintersday shit and trying out season 5 it is still not good
you can get ascended armor set in pvp now but with how the current rewarding system works you'll be short 100 ascended glory shards for the whole season to get the full set, dungeons are pretty much dead Fractals sees the most 5 man activity, world bosses are still pretty much boring zerg fest, haven't touched the new zones and bloodstone fen is already dead making it pretty impossible to do anything there, Raiding is pretty closed out to just guilds now and those barely look for people so its pretty much dead, Nerfs to classes making them pretty much bottom of the barrel, which goes into pvp balance being complete shit and boring
what i find funny the most players pretty much know their game is pretty shit but they still defend it to the core also the new legendary shield is fucking retarded looking

This

Doom wasn't as bad. Doom 3 was worse.

This thread tbh

That there are no games to look forward to, except very few rare exceptions that usually end up being a letdown anyway. I remember looking forward to every autumn, as it was chock full of game releases, each one looking better than the other when I was little. This autumn, there wasn't a single one.

I also hate knowing how fucking inferior modern games are in practically every department when compared to the older ones. Mechanics that had been there sixteen years ago are rarely, if ever, used, and when they are, they're a lot more shallow than before

Past 10 years? Vita, or more correctly its long-term life as console. I hoped for Monster Hunter game on it. Besides, when I got PSP it was already hacked. And then I get this, it was kind of fun at the beginning (VLR, Ninja Gaiden, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush), but it just went downward. PS plus games got worse and worse, less and less good games came out, especially if you don't count ports from other stuff. Now it just gathers dust, until I take my time to hack it.

Thanks for letting us know Todd

Hype. Hype is the reason everything has gone to shit. From Game Corp. to Indy Gaymes, they all focus on hype. Hype is the only thing that matters anymore to these people, not that their game is a good video game. They focus on stupid crap like that they have some new gimmicky story line featuring more transexuals. Or that their story is DEEP, or that their game is going to have some great ESPORTS scene, or some other tangential thing. All the game companies forgot that there needs to be a game, and that the game needs to be good and that it works with limited bugs.

Games are hyped up "Experiences" now. You don't play as Shoot Man, you experience Shoot Man. But who is Shoot Man? You won't know until the game comes out because the company won't show you fucking anything or even give you a free demo. People fell for the Hype of who Shoot Man is, they fell for the Hype 20 second videos showing nothing but the words "SHOOT MAN." Hype gets people to buy these trash games you don't get to try or see until they come out. Hype gets people to pay into early access and never get their completed game because the dev got their money already.

Even I'm a sinner, I'm excited for Kojima's new game but he has shown fucking nothing about what the game is. Just some videos that tell you nothing of what kind of game play is going to be like, nothing of what the story actually is, we know nothing about the game. But we are sure hyped for it and are making all these speculations of what it might be, all stupid shit to get you hyped.

Hype is the worst thing of modern gaming and our entire entertainment culture.

Hurts to this day.

Death of "Arcade" style games.

I'm honestly not surprised. I've thought about redownloading it since the game director left but it's just not worth it. That game redpilled me on how hype is a lie and how the left needs to be eradicated was a liberal and officer of an LGBT guild. I learnt about crazy SJW trannies from crazy SJW trannies. I hope Anet burns.

Tumblr pronouns in FF:type 0, was looking forward to the game, but now I refuse to play it.

Bad translations and SJW self-censorship of video games they're translating will always disgust and infuriate me. Nintendo Treehouse needs to burn.

Hey, don't forget Cup Noodles XV, even if you don't call the franchise genuinely good as a whole.

The Old Republic, I think. The idea of a Star Wars MMO that was also a continuation of KOTOR was the shit to me. I think apart from Burning Crusade, it was the only game I ever pre-ordered.

Then it came out and I played it. It wasn't terrible, the gameplay was alright, I liked how it encouraged you to play with other people, but the bad graphics, uninspired art direction and writing that shat all over KOTOR 2 killed it for me.

Watching the debacle unfold was fun, though, so I guess I at least got something out of it.

You can play the translated PSP iso and not deal with dumblr pronouns.

Honestly, DLC isnt the problem. Yes, most of it is shit, but there are examples of good DLC. Like skins and cosmetics.

Now loot box gambling can fuck right off. If im getting extra shit for a game, id rather know what im buying, and what it costs, not spending money and getting jack shit.

I didn't know there was a translated psp iso. now if only my psp still worked

Hmm, I'm suddenly feeling hungry.

CSGO is the epitome of good dlc then?

My standards were low and I was still disappointed. Yes, Spores is still the biggest disappointment but this game is just pathetic.

You raise an interesting question, user. What is good DLC?

Holy kek did they really do this?

what the fuck

Yes.

Something we'd have called an expansion in the past.

Were you saying something about DLC being an Expansion pack?

But is it any good?

Holy fuck they even used hir

I have no idea.
I didn't buy it because I don't have AoEII HD.

Around the moment Ass Creed and Cuck of Duty started milking their franchise and DLCs became a major thing, i pretty much stopped playing AAA videogames. 2007-2011 was still kind of acceptable but past that everything went to total shit.

What makes it all the worse, Obsidian's Alien RPG was cancelled for this hot pile of shit and the only game we've gotten recently is that hide n' seek simulator I didn't even bother with.

Ze likes to brush hir teeth

This is average fanboy now.

STOP

I WANT OFF THIS RIDE

Star Fox Zero
So stupid easy and stripped of content, it makes Kid Icarus look like GOAT.
AND a waste of the one opportunity we got for Platinum to make a star fox game.

Most of the posts have already covered what I was gonna say, but pic related to this day, it's still unforgivable.

hey now, what was wrong with Kid Icarus?

Gaming itself.

My biggest disgust with gaming is that it's not about entertaining people or having fun, it's not about being creative, artistic, original, or expressive, but it's soley about making money for those who run the big corporations.

to bad whales keep throwing money at the newest gliders and wings and outfits. thou sales and such are down for them pretty much most of this years.
they haven't even gotten half way thru finishing the second set of legendaries

So when are you turning 11? :^)

You know, this is so utterly unashamed and blatant I actually find it funny and can't get mad at it.

Somehow, Pachter has fanboys jumping to his defense.

Trumpcucks.

The entirety of this fucking shitshow

I know I'll get some hate for this since it's against the Holla Forums hivemind, but Evolve.

Posting some classics

It is worse that I think that most weren't paid to shill that?

More like accurate. They saw it as an opportunity to push their narrative down on how we should accept change and anyone that doesn't is just a dying [insert insult here]-ist dying/dead gamer. Their argument always boiled down to "YOU JUST DON'T LIKE THAT THE HAIR IS NOT WHITE ANYMORE!", ignoring the many many changes they did to gameplay, artstyle, story, and character personalities. Imagine Gamergate happening around that time. Still, the game flopped (even the updated version), so justice in the end prevailed.

Not the shill bud, just liked the game after it drops again as F2P.

I know that Tamaymay has a lot of friend from that gaming magazine but I feel like there were some people who latched into it in "Fuck the Weebs!" mentality. I couldn't find that drawing of that someone made shitting on haters. I think that is similar to this where someone dislikes Nintendo, decides to defend Pachter, and say that he is well informed.

The entire debacle between Konami and Hideo Kojima that led to Metal Gear Solid V being shipped as the unfinished mess that it is and Silent Hills canceled. At least with crap like DmC and Thi4f, it was obvious they were going to be crap before they came out.

I've never a company shit on its biggest IP and the only person keeping them relevant in such a vindicate manner.

The one that caused us to fucking come here to begin with.

Daily reminder.

Like what are people fucking smoking? And remind me never to.

It is hard innovate with this kind of structure.

These are so awful they don't even inspire a reaction.

Wait, are you telling me that this questline wasn't intended to be satirical? To me it just seems like some fun dumb sidequest played for laughs.

I could go with specific examples but really, the entirety of the bideogaem industry has been nothing but fucking shit in recent years. It enrages me because this industry is just chock-full of potential for the creation of dedicated genre titles that fully exploit the advancements of technology and the refining of mechanics through reiteration and creativity, things that could lead to the many niches being content and satisfied: a truly dedicated FPS, a genuine RTS, an expanded/refined RPG, a complex but satisfying Fightan, etc.

But no, the "appeal to a wide audience" meme got way out of control and now we get constantly barraged with stupid shitty genre games full of tryhard attempts to get absolutely everyone in on the game itself, RPGs that try to grab everyone, squandered RTS with dumbed down mechanics to get the casuals in, copy-pasted cookie-cutter FPS that only care to be an iteration of cock of doody, and topping it all of with countless DLC and microtransactions, selling games piece-meal for the sake of profits, completely ignoring the niche markets that will always give money in exchange for good games, all a by-product of disregarding all the potential greatness that games can achieve.

It's nothing but shit now, while every now and then some gem might appear, I remember a time when all I saw was good games, differentiated games that offered a wide arrange of mechanics and experiences. Now everything is "the previous title but with [meaningless addition]".

Haha oh wow, the fucking gall on the part on squeenix is legendary with this no-bullshit, in your face advertising inside a fucking videogame. Next gen we'll have games with the "feature" of shilling stuff intermintently during your sessions.

the most disgusting thing about the industry as a whole just cannot into fucking technology

imagine giving one of these modern companies a ps2 and telling them to make a game on it. they'd be completely and utterly fucked.

Why is Zombie Simpsons still a thing?

Well, 10 years wouldn't include Westwood's dissolving, so I'll just put this up. It's not quite the worst objectively speaking but it's very personal.
Runners up include
>rise of the season pass where people now pre-order DLC

neck yourself quickly

Canadians.

Games being treated like movies.

Everything. If I had to pick a few things instead of one,
Removal if split screen
Removal of LAN games
Shit optimization
And Shit gameplay

The fuck was wrong with DOOM?

Everything, satan.

Such as?
I've played it, and I see no problems. The DRM for it was cracked, yknow.

ps3 vesperia not coming over
its a hard contest between localization teams over-auditing shit or the twitch community in general

Well I played it too, and I hated, as follows:
-The music is shit
-The general sound design is abysmal, i mean come on
-The guns: they feel horribly unsatisfying, and also weak. Real weak. How hard can it fucking be to make guns have that satisfying OOMPH? The odoom modders get it, why can't "professional" devs?
-The enemies: most of them were eeeeh. Reminder that the game literally doesn't allow more than 12 at a time, ever.
-The levels. Very linear. Not fun at all.
-The story. The COMPLETELY missed the point they themselves were making and shoved exposition down your throat by locking you into rooms. Fuck you.
-The multiplayer. I'd rather drown than play that shitty excuse for multiplayer.
-The bosses. Remove those shitty excuses for bosses.
The entire game also feels horribly mediocre. There is nothing outstanding about it. I expect actual quality from videogames, but that's because I have standards, which you lack.
And how could I forget
The entire system is shit. Enemies dropping healt and ammo is shit too, and it shows that leveldesigners can't actually design levels.

Honestly I don't know why I bother explaining all this, maybe because I'm bored out of my mind. Which can be neatly tied into my biggest disappointment of the past 10 years: optimisation, or the lack thereof. The further we go, the worse it gets.

well, karma prevailed: japan legalized gambling, so Konami's double-down on pachinko machines has effectively destroyed them

i'm calling it: a sale to or merger with a stronger corporation in the next five years, if not straight up asset liquidation/bankruptcy

also, red orchestra 2 was a butchered mess compared to what we were promised. i still liked it but it wasn't one tenth the game they told us it would be

Why. All I wanted was more GW1.

8th generation

Pic related.

The true disappointment is me. I just don't enjoy games anymore.

That would be a fitting end for them, giving what they did to Hudson Soft a few years ago.

wut
Even at launch it only took a week for Knack to fall off the charts.

The growth of Steam

install gentoo

Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I waited 7 fucking years when it was announced in 2006. So much potential, from previews to "actual in-game gameplay".

Then it released and I've never recovered…

Probably Guild Wars 2 for me, as I was/still am a big Guild Wars fan.

This fucking game stole whatever joy I had in games. I just can't fucking play them anymore because I get so goddamn bored and jaded due to this fucking game.

I didn't kill myself in 2013 because of this game, I didn't want to miss the sequel to my favorite game of all time and I got shit on my face for it.

The game is inferior in almost every possible way besides stupid unlockables nobody gives a fuck about to the other games. The online still doesn't fucking work no matter what Nintendrones tell you because I get at least seven connection errors just trying to find a match.

The meta is anti-fun with matches basically being a dancing contest of who can fucking pivot and roll more rather than something people want to see and it's dominated by one cunt that does bullshit that would've gotten you thrown out of the building if you pulled it before 4 but tournament organizers keep him around because he's the only fucking talent willing to put up with this game's shit that's on that level.

Not only that, but Sakurai was a smarky cunt the whole goddamn way when fans called him out on it. Strawmaning with shit like "Have you ever made a game" and literally comparing himself to George Lucas.

Fuck you Sakurai. Fuck everybody at Nintendo that approved this shit to be released. I hope I live long enough to outlive you and to see the closure of NoA. I don't even care if I have to freeze my brain in a kooky science experiment just to see it.

That being said, I wouldn't have found Holla Forums if it weren't for this game. For better or worse.

No Mans Sky. That bearded dude said it'd have all these great features and they're not in yet. I hope they come out soon, I'd be willing to pay for them as DLC!

Taste is subjective. I do wish it was more rock and roll though.
True, it could use more oomph.
They're intended to be designed so as to be less powerful, and feel that way correspondingly. This is so you have to switch between weapons constantly. Do you dislike this? If so, it's purely a matter of taste.
Sounds more subjective tbh, I found them to be pretty badass, especially hell knights. And the game is designed so that there isn't a need for more than 12 at a time.
There are just as many secrets and hidden paths as in Doom 1 and 2 though.
DooM isn't a story game, and you rarely have to spend any time listening to exposition.
It's fucking shit yeah.
What was wrong with them? Doom has never had amazing bosses.
Nah, it's not great, it's not mediocre, it's just good, if you went in expecting it to blow the original Doom away, you were horribly mistaken.
Literally nothing wrong with them. They are always quick, and the health drops are neither necessary nor huge, and ammo drops are scarce.

I know this is an anonymous website and a lot of shit gets thrown around a lot. But holy shit I fucking hate you. I hate your autistic wall of text post and I hate your newfag ass. Fuck you and your family you stupid shit

Seems like someone didn't check 's dubs.

LOL

it still hurts

The industry moving away from focusing on one game for a few years, giving it expansions and support. I'd love to see an FPS go strong and stay active for ten years, instead of having to buy a new fucking game all the time.

It's between this and Borderlands 2 for me. Shit still pisses me off to this day.

Oh, what when we do get good FPS games nowadays, they have shitty servers. Fucking Titanfall 2.

>the increasing amount of games requiring you to be always online, even for single player
My biggest disappointment though is how many games outside of Japan have been falling under censorship or how the translation is 4kids-tier awful. I would think I would no longer have this problem in the age of the internet (Undubs & patches are a thing but for once I'd like to see a game come out not butchered) but it seems that too many people have thin skin & let their personal bias get to them.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Now don't make fun of me or I'll cry and call the mods. Now if you'll excuse me I will be writing a completely biased review about a feminist indie game and give it a high rating simply because I don't want to be called a biggot

This pretty much categorizes the entire year, especially the US election. It happens on both the left and the right.

Pretty much.

Starting with GTA IV, and following it rockstar in general. No Bully sequel, no The Warriors sequel, no Manhunt wagglan for kinect, no top down GTA game for home consoles/pc and no implementing any of the fun systems of their smaller games into their main GTA games.
Rockstar dying ties in with my disappointment with the lack of impactful violence these days. Even with all the new technology available I still don't think The Warriors has been beaten there, or even challenged.

Slowly realizing Blizzard was never going to release another great game after Diablo 2.

I think the final nail in the coffin of being excited for new games was the release of Dead Rising 2.

The general decline of the integrity of video games and the industry as a whole. Ever since the main focus stopped being 'create a fun and challenging interactive experience to amass fans that appreciate your product' and switched to 'follow the blueprint to create a product that will sell millions to the idiots and casuals'

If it was just that one quest with just cup noodles, I'd agree with you. But it seems like they legitimately whored out the game. It has product placement for audi, coleman, american express, some clothing lines, and a whole bunch of other shit

The game that broke the dam. All the industry hatred towards its consumers poured out that year, and that was the catalyst.

DLC

No properly functioning port of Bully. Like holy shit how they ported it to PC is borderline unplayable, but the lack of a Warriors sequel is understandable because it's a movie licensed game. However, the lack of Manhunt sequels is disappointing, especially now with the jumpscare BS thats flooding the market.

in all honesty he was a pretty fucking bad writer too. did you ever read the mass effect novel he wrote before ME1 came out? i got about a hundred pages in and literally threw it across the room, it's trash. there must be a lot of uncredited assistant writers who helped make ME1 a decent space opera

Seeing idols fall. I still remember when Mr. Shitface was still widely respected on Holla Forums.

Rockstar has confirmed that they at one point were working on a spiritual successor to The Warriors set in 1960s England, mods and rockers. The plan was apparently something that played very similar to the original. I'm sure old rockstar could have taken the theme and made something great with it.

No new top-down GTA for home consoles still grates on me, GTA2 is a flavour of video game that not many others attempt, and GTA2 is far from perfect.

Beyond 10 years ago. Consolitis leading to the fall of the ambition of progress of PC gaming.

Gaming is catered to consoles. Everything has to be held back to accommodate a console. We have been stagnant for nearly 2 decades. TWO.

and especially…

this.

The rise of microtransactions and gatcha loot crate systems in retail games. The worst part is no one seems to care and sees as a normal part of a fucking full priced game, so I expect to see more and more of it in the future.

I'm more disappointed in myself for hoping vidya will be great again one day.

The Hype for Brawl was the most fun part about it. The game itself was a disappointment.

I had fun with brawl as long as nobody played fucking pit
Seriously, fuck everyone who plays that little shit from a franchise that was dead since the fucking Game Boy Advance

Spore still counts, right?

The indie scene being conquered by a clique of cunts and cocksuckers, effectively killing the ability to give gamers a way to actually innovate unless you toe their hypocritical, ridiculous line. This coupled with no actual or very little criticism in the media, leading to the slowest evolution possible. At least films have critic led festivals, all we get is to pick the flavour of shilling.

Agreed.

Fun fact, they still have copies of that next to the checkout at Best Buy near me

For another year or two, yeah

I don't want to start a conversation about it but this needs to be addressed in the next Meta-thread and there needs to be a conclusion about it. I'm getting sick of threads being derailed by political retardation.

Yeah swing by Holla Forums sometime to see the future

The "Drumpfcucks BTFO" poster is what we're in for here

Is Mass Effect 3 when the whole "gamers are entitled crybabies" thing started? What a fucking trainwreck

You

what a fucking piece of shit niggerfaggot

Everything that's happened in the last 10-15 years. I think 2004 was the last solid year for video games. So many studios closing, consolidating, liquidating in the next few years after and so on. Every week or so I tempt myself to create a chart that shows just how many studios and franchises died within that period and afterwards. It feels like less than a fifth are even alive from those days. Not just franchises, but genres.

The question haunts me to this day; how many series and franchises did not survive the GC/Xbox/PS2 era? And I don't just mean any even though that would certainly beef up numbers, I mean franchises that are still on hiatus to this day from developers that may exist and the ones that a decade ago you couldn't imagine seeing them gone. That question perplexes me more and knowing the exact reasons why is potentially more infuriating than just rationalizing based on guesswork. If someone else takes that idea and runs with it, it can be a big eye-opener to people for just how much has went away and withered in the age of sameness and mediocrity.

Even without those answers, just knowing that video games are so lacking in variety is bad enough. It has lost its spice. Everything is the same. We need new blood, fresh meat, old ideas need to make a comeback. Just something. We also need a purge and I don't just mean a GG-style purging but we need to purge everyone even with collateral.

I'm just so tired of seeing something that twenty years ago I felt would always be impressive, always getting better, and for every disappointment there were exponentially more surprises. Vidya has every right to be the best entertainment medium on the planet but it's held back by senseless conventions, excessive sameness, intentional squandering of ideas and potential, and aiming so fucking low that each step forward is like twenty steps back. I don't know what it's going to take. Whoever or however many decide to step in and steal the spotlight and deliver something that vidya should have been like in Current Year +1, going on +2 would be seen as a goddamn genius even though they would be just be giving gamers what they wanted but forgotten they could have. It's gonna happen. It has to happen. Vidya can't just keep getting worse.

If that's the first thing out of your mouth you might as well not say anything. It's bad enough you refer to that 3 times. Subjectivityfags like yourselves need to die because you enable every bad trend to continue since in your own logic, "It's a matter of taste." You literally cannot recognize bad gameplay choices because you rationalize that someone will like it. Not even bethesda shills are that pathetic.

Honestly, my brother stealing my DS and selling it for drug money when we were in high school. I've had nothing but low expectations for videogames since before Holla Forums

The fact that people have their heads shoved so far up their asses these days. People always had their heads up their asses, but they at least unironically discussed and enjoyed videogames back then. Industry, Press, and every subculture doesn't seem to enjoy playing the games they claim to love anymore.

Mainly, gamers who are infuriated beyond coherence and any semblance of rationality over one odd niche game's flaws, and yet prostrate themselves in worship over another game that is equally flawed. There is one specific factor involved in those two games being different. It's one word. No it's not "indie." It's not even "SJW." But I don't want to spoil the surprise.

They're essentially like Twilight fans who are so hysterical that their voices begin screeching that you like "those stupid Marvel movies." A ton of people with the worst taste on the planet trying to criticize people whose taste is at worst questionable but still superior.

who the fuck is patcher?

Filled out a captcha to call you a newfag.
Fuck meleefags. Smash 4 is unambiguously the worst entry in the franchise, but holy fuck, the autism in the smash community over minute movement options is unbelievable. Enjoy watching the same fucking match-up for another 15 years, Jesus Christ.

Always online conditions and DRM bolstering like denuvo anti-tamper. As gay as games get, I could still stand them if they respected the people who buy them but they just don't. Things like nuHitman are showing the worst symtoms of this shit because overall it seems like an OK game, ruined by decisions made by suits.

Gamers thinking that game development is some arcane art and praising, sucking off devs for every single little bit of content that they put out.

Devs get entitled and grow an inflated sense of self-worth, and then they start tanking their games.

I think DmC preceded that. Sure, the game only got released a year after Mass Effect 3, but the game was announced like in 2010 and the fan consensus was that Dante looked horrible, yet journalists were defending it.

;_;

There are many female programmers and mathematicians who were involved with computing back during the early days when the ground work was being laid, do the Shitson writers not know this?

Knack came bundled with PS4s

For me, nothing tops TF2.
I'm sure I missed a few inbetweens but seeing a game I used to love so much become nothing but a service for people who like dress up games kills me inside. I can only still play it on gamemode madness servers, and the base game is simply fucked beyond repair. I would probably give up some really valuable stuff just to go back to the golden age of that game, man. I miss it.

Man, multiplayer games are such an ephemeral experience

The developers of Kenshi stating that inter-faction warfare wouldn't be in the game just absolutely crushed me. They took what could have been dieselpunk Mount and Blade and turned it into a shitty themepark basebuilding sim.

There is no hope for man.

Also this

I am so salty about that whole thing you don't even know.

I brought into that meme game before it was even on steam, and I deserved everything that happened to me. my disappointment is probably as much as your own, but modding is also a major source for my own disappointment, you just can't add much, it's limited as all fuck. I hope that scambeard releases another game and it bankrupts him.

Yeah modding turned out to be shit too. I'm with you on hoping he flops.

The disappearance of mascot platformers.

I mean, we still have Mario and Sonic and Crash has just come out of retirement recently but how come we don't have any more Banjos or Earthworm Jims or hell, even Bubsys for that matter? Why must every single major game out there have to conform to gritty realism? Can't we have triple A cartoon games along side triple A gritty realistic shooters? We did in the 90s. Why not now?

Rare dying.

Death of Dedicated servers.

This.

Hey did you forget we won and you lost? Just reminding you traitor scum.

8/10, pretty good.

Lisa is now wearing makeup and dying her hair blue? What a shitshow

Do Jews care about the truth? No? Well there you have it. The show is being written on the basis of what is effective propaganda, not what is truthful.

You Holla Forums morons will never learn to deal with the problem if you will never educate yourself on how shilling and subversion works. The few crossposters from Holla Forums here keep telling you, but you don't listen so what the fuck, stop whining, it's your own fault you're in this shit. You are under targeted attack by Holla Forums which we have proven, but you don't listen to the messenger so fuck it and fuck you.

Not getting quints.

That's almost as funny as the mods there trying to run anything

Fire Emblem Awakening. In case people don't remember, it had been years since a new fire emblem game. Sure we had Shadow Dragon, which was bad, but it was a remake of an older title. It didn't mean that well-written, well-designed, having-good-characters fire emblem titles were over. The last original game was Radiant Dawn which wasn't great, but still acceptable. I was ready for a new, good, fire emblem and got nothing but shit. Fuck you Intelligent Systems. Fuck everything.

More than anything I want the end of videogames

Release of Red Orchistra: Heroes of Stalingrad. Physical copy day of, – oh, hey, it's actually a fucking beta. YOU SHIPPED A BETA. Red pilled me on preordering. They went on to fix it, but man, fuck, that was rustling.

I later learned it was because Shinji Mikami had nothing to do with it.

I'm still a sinner. I know I shouldn't be, but I am on the Ace Combat 7 hype plane. I've heard nothing but great things, and of course you'd hear nothing bad; they didn't talk about the game for a whole year until they had the assets to hit us harder than a V2.

Radiant Dawn had the best gameplay of the series. The difficulty was perfect and every unit felt unique but still played their class' role. Having more freedom to customize units with skill scrolls being removable and teachable was great, too. I love shoving people around for crazy strategies ala Disgaea and the ability to throw towers of people at problems. Playing both sides of the conflict was rad as hell, especially when those armies clashed, because you really felt the difference in power. You KNOW how strong the Greil Mercs are, you raised them, but to actually get to command them to slaughter the Daein Army you were just playing and struggling to survive as was really cool. Having the option to go balls out and challenge the army of actual veteran heroes that is the Greil Mercenaries as the Dawn Brigade in Part 3 is fucking rad. Third tier promotions were cool, if excessive, but at least they did somewhat balance the power of enemies around Ike having like fifty fucking strength and the Ragnell.

If the story wasn't a mess and the Dawn Brigade got more screen time to actually become likeable and to get some levels, I would have called it the best game in the entire series.

battlefield 3 was fine

4chan Holla Forums

Killed volition for me. The few steps forward were not enough to make up for the tumble back to the bottom of the stairs.

God fucking damn it I really wanted a STALKER 2.

A lot has happened and its hard to say. I'd probably still say its Activision acquiring Blizzard, just generally, but I think regardless some stuff would've been inevitable considering the average person playing Blizzard games and the feedback they would be sending. The media narrative in August 2014 is much more recent, and I think I was very disgusted with the whole "sexist gamer harassment campaign" boogaloo.

It's hard to quantify between the two.

Also fuck everything the press did to shill this game. I didn't like the idea of the reboot, but it was far more insufferable with transparent as fuck attempts to portray criticism as frivolous complaints. I don't really care about the game itself at this point.

I probably hate this game more than any other game released in the past 5, maybe even 10 years. I hate every aspect about it. I hate the plot, I hate the characters, I hate the graphics, I hate the sound design, I hate the writing, I hate the voice acting, there is not a single aspect about it that I like. What I probably hate the absolute most about it, though, is how normalfags are gobbling this shit up harder than every single other one of what I call "western visual novels", harder than anything Telltale or David Cage pumped out despite it being worse than all of them. It has a 96% on steam, other review sites including both journos and normalfags reflected the same, and people were unironically calling it Game of the Year when only the first fucking episode was released. It single handedly destroyed what little faith I had in normalfags. Which granted, it was probably the size of a speck at that point, but that does not change how everything about this game and the reaction behind it is absolutely disgusting.

microtransactions

When did Spore come out?

That's when I lost all faith in vidya.

JJBA: Eyes On Heaven and Fire Emblem Fates.

Holla Forums kept saying it was bad.I didn't listen

Fallout 4 isn't canon, fuck what Beth say, when you retcon like 60% of the universe your game automatically becomes a fanfic.
Fallout New Vegas is the real Fallout 3.

This. Every Fallout developed by Bethesda Games Studios is bad compared to the other ones.

The way this fucking game was handled.
With each new information released it became a bigger and bigger shitfest.
First the crossover-idea, which got fans of both franchises hyped.
Then the first actual trailer, which was pretty much a nuclear bomb.
Then Atlus' news how they're gonna "try" to not fuck the localication up.
THEN the reveal of the massive censorship and missing DLC.

I've never seen such a case of "from bad to worse" in a long while.

I took this shit almost personal.
The game itself is average garbage, but the way how vehemently it got defended on various video games reviews, magazines and forums and how the developers kept on bashing on the old DMC-fanbase baffled me.

Dragon Age 2. It was a straight up insult to the first game. It's so bad it ruins the series for me, I can't even enjoy playing the first game now because of how bad the second game is.
That Nu Males sky got away with blatantly lying to their consumers. Fuck the UK's ASA for saying it wasn't false advertising, THEY FUCKING LIED MULTIPLE TIMES AND SHOWED GAMEPLAY OF STUFF THAT WAS NEVER IN THE GOD DAMN GAME!

It basically proved that game devs can do/say whatever the fuck they want and get away with it.

Prototype 2

It hurt so much, they were the chosen ones, they were supposed to restore my faith in vidya… Not destroy it.

fuck liberals

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!?!?!?!?!?

Final fantasy is dead.

This piece of shit. You couldn't even fuck the robots.

pic related
Nothing so particular it hasn't been already mentioned ITT.

this is the absolute least offensive

peace walker had dewritos

The main character's clothes are designed by some japanese clothing company, that's why they don't have any of Nomura's signature style to them.

Yep.

Skyrimjob.

But have you ever seen a AAA title sink that low?

The biggest disappointment isn't that gaming went to shit but that the players did absolutely nothing to stop it or even try to change course.

Look at all the worthless whining in this thread about meaningless bullshit. 99.9% of people on this board will never contribute constructively to a FLOSS gaming project. Hell most of you that know what FLOSS is will probably roll your eyes at this post. Meanwhile in practically all other fields of software open source is considered king. Only games themselves are stuck in the past, the engines they run on are all open nowadays.

The jap gaming community are the only ones that said 'put up or shut up' and made their own games. Westerners are content to wallow in circlejerks and bitch endlessly about the state of affairs. That's practically all this thread consists of.

I don't think so.

When it comes to both Holla Forums and Holla Forums, having either board shilling or shitposting here is bad. If we could completely prevent one of the two boards' users from ever posting here however, it should be Holla Forums. The board itself has no good overlap with Holla Forums or any other board on this site, and their shilling and shitposting is nothing more than trying to get people to hate Holla Forums and opening up this site to become as Tumblr as 4/co/. At least with Holla Forums there's thresholds on things before they end up fully turning a thread into nonvidya politics.

Chekd
At…at least we have waifusguys
this is hell

It's videogame cancer is what it is. It sold well and was recieved well, meaning that there's going to be more people copying it, so we'll get more absolute garbage in the future.

THIS SMARMY, WEASELY FUCKNUGGET RIGHT HERE.

If anyone really took up that backer pledge to have dinner with this sniveling piece of ratdung, I genuinely hope they took the opportunity to just beat the everloving shit out of him the moment they sat down.

I haven't even backed his "games", and yet, I even feel ripped the fuck off!

I hope, nay, PRAY, that this dipshit gookike doesn't go through with his plans for a sequel Mighty No. 9, or even that shitty TV series and whatever media franchise he was going to Cheetahmen the shit out of.

Fuck you, Inajewne.

FUCKING SPORE

Actual QA here, we actually check a lot of shit in-depth, the issue is the majority of developers left in the business are the most entitled and worthless sacks of shit you can possibly imagine. I'm talking "Let's take a month vacation when we have to release this product in a month and a half and we barely got past the Alpha checklist" bad. Most Issues raised by QA tend to end up either known shippable or ignored outside of the most basic shit. I'm talking purely EA/Ubisoft tho', I dunno how the fuck the other major players run their shit but I doubt their doing a better job. Funnily enough its not even EA's fault, its the devs themselves being cancer.

That the industry hasn't collapsed yet

Steam

That applies to a lot of software now days, not just games. The solution to so many problems now days seems to just be "throw more processing power and resources at it" along with wasting resources to make shit look pretty. Windows 95 would run on a machine with a 386 and 4 MB of RAM, fucking Notepad in the 32 bit version of Windows XP uses 4 MB of RAM. It's possible to make an older netbook (which were known for their shit performance at the time) run better than modern smartphones and tablets with better specs just because of how bloated modern mainstream software is.

Duke Nukem Forever

If one deserves a horrible life, it's Kate Leth for being a horrible person in and out of her industry. Is she always a cunt even when she's not doing anything?

Microsoft
Literally every problem with gaming today is rooted from that company shilling their way into the industry

No, that'd be Sony. Microsoft even is a byproduct of Sony's cancerous practices.

probably more of a problem for video playback and network connections on consoles than directly for games though

Gamers. Biggest disappointment.

Fuck y'all.

well my bad. i just assumed it was nonexistent due to how common glaringly bad issues are. that actually makes it worse though, because what's the point of even having QA guys if you're going to just ignore them? i know no piece of software will ever be 100% bug free, but just refusing to fix basic shit because who fucking cares makes me angry to think about

BUT GAMERS ARE DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

It's because their fucking manchildren more than anything. I wish I could show you some of the design documents they provided us with - in the few cases where we actually HAD design documents to work off of instead of constantly having the leads bother the one-two decent guys there to set us straight - Holla Forums would have a total fucking meltdown to how unprofessional and retarded these people are. For instance, one of our only things to go off in a title regarding a feature was "User experiences an epic explosion!" and shit like that. Don't even get me started on the amount of legal shit they break whenever they thing their fucking funny by adding stuff like a projects Codename into the fucking title screen for "le ebin refferences"

QA isn't innocent either though. Assassin Creed Unity was basically entirely the QA's fault and the entire department that worked on that - about 200 people in total - were laid off after the title launched. Every other project plus Gameloft QA - from what I understood from a few overseas friends - were living on the edge the next few months

video games are not dead, they are simply taken over by pajeet MBA managers who don't understand anything beyond trying to scam people out of money.

You have MBA drones managing artists and the actual programmers are away building more efficient engines for the pajeets to instruct the artists on.

Its simply a waste of time to continue playing video games anymore. Its the same thing over and over.
The only companies that actually try to create something new are the companies that own their own engines.
If you are playing a game whose engine was not created by the company that created the game, you are essentially playing a copy/paste no imagination waste of time or a shallow tech demo turned into a game

Bethesda, wrpgs in general.

Tech industry, not just gaming, going to shit and others having increasing control over how/when I use my programs, and even modifying them in questionable ways after I buy them. Feminists complained, fuck you. Casuals complained, fuck you. We are cutting content/remaking and if you liked it how it was, fuck you.

Not even the porn?

Guild Wars 2. So much potential but it just ended up as another shitty WoW clone. Pics related.

I never realized it at that point, but now, in hindsight…gothic 3.

god fucking dammit

This

Arc System Works barely supported the finest fighting game installment of all time (and took a Steamy shit on their PC port no less) and then dumped a decade of refinements to dumb everything the fuck down for BlazBlue players (the game already made specifically for people who thought Guilty Gear was too hard).

Worst stab in the back in the last 10 years.

I guess another image makes this post clearer.

X Rebirth. I would say Spore, but I actually had a lot of trust and faith in Egosoft. They were my favorite developer and I was convinced they were the only ones who could do no wrong. Hope they all die in a fire.

The fact that you stupid motherfuckers let Holla Forums co-opt and kill the biggest opportunity we've ever had to clean up some of the anti-consumer bullshit in the industry.

I'de say the lesser evil is Holla Forums here as well honestly. Though with the amount of derailment it's hard to tell anymore. The problem is with thread derailments and banning only Holla Forums is that you can't cherry pick 1 side or it'd be impossible to enforce every situation where we needed to purge a thread from derailment, there would be to much context trying to discern if it was Holla Forums or Holla Forums. If there's going to be any way of enforcing this volunteers need to start encouraging people to report shitters who bring up political discussion in threads that have nothing to do with politics.

I'm done discussing this till the meta-thread, I just wanted to push my opinion on the matter

But how else will I be able to push my off topic political views unopposed? We just need to ban Holla Forums so that this board can be more red pilled!

I don't see why you fuckers can't leave the politics on your own damn boards made for that exact topic. I want to talk about video games, not about how I should kill myself for having a minute fraction of a percentile of some other race's genes in my blood or how I should hold open my asshole for some dumb niggers to fuck.

Goddamnit user, that's a wound I thought I had closed and forgotten.

I think the West views all efforts as a means to acquire money or power. The Japs who are actually making games do it as a hobby, because seeing your creation come together and seeing others genuinely enjoy your product, simple or low tier as it may be, makes them happy. It doesn't matter that you gave your game out for free; if some dude who played it came up to you, shook your hand, and told you what was good, bad, and ugly about your doujin game and said he was waiting for the next one, you sure as hell got to work on the next game. Here, if your game isn't a profit maker and getting your name out there for big companies to hire you on to their massive teams to make millions of dollars, the effort isn't worth it.

There is no love left in the West. It's all about money, power, fame, hype, and becoming a sellout as soon as possible. That attitude of apathy, of business as usual instead of sacrifice to create something joyful, extends to the gamers who buy or download those games as well.

I don't know how you teach autistic manchildren to love their hobby again.

carpal tunnel syndrome

Mass Effect 3 for sure.
Not just the ending, the entire thing.
Nigger, WHAT?
I didn't even buy the last two games and holy shit was a I mad.

Nothing.
I have reached a point where I just don't give a fuck.
You make a good game, I'll buy it.
You make a good game but think it's your place to spout retarded opinions, I'll think about buying.
You make a shit game, I won't even waste the 5 to 10 minutes it takes to download a torrent of your game.

Technical incompetence.
The SFV rootkit issue almost made me pop a vein.

Fuck, I had suppressed that memory..

On the bright side I think GW2 killed the MMO genre. It still hurts though.

I fucking wish gamers were dead at this point. Battlefield or Watchdogs wouldn't exist without people buying them.

It's not the Jews. It is the people who enable the Jews instead of pushing them into the oven.

I think there was a lot of things that disappointment me about the Video game Industry.

There is probably a bunch more but this is what came to mind.

You still have time to rectify that.

Pretty solid list.

Is that noise supposed to be music?

The problem is a systemic one resulting from the declining rate of profit on investment. As businesses compete by driving down the cost of production to provide the cheaper product, it collectively drives down the value of the products as a whole. Thus they need to continually look for new ways to make a buck. Nickel-and-diming, DLC, disposable cinemaplay garbage with no game depth, and more and more commercialized products with explosive budgets much of which is dedicated to advertising. Game design suffers as the risk of costly projects forces developers or publishers to take as little risk as possible, to pander to the lowest common denominator.

This is all the same reason for planned obsolescence.

A fan of turn based RTS. See

The new rise of censorship that's turning out to be even worse than the evangelical retards from the 90s because "gamers" are no longer fighting back like they did then. "Gamers" are apathetic towards it at best, outright fucking supportive of it at worst. I hate that politics need to be injected into every goddamn thing I love these days, no hobby is safe and it's only getting worse.

The sexman shutting down his Youtube account.

I bought and played Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness.

The fgc pushed me away from fighting games for 4+ years because I got sick of its shit.

Wow killed the genre with each Post-Wrath expansion topping the other for the "worst expansion ever!" title.

Dude what? Hatred was awful. It didn't even have the shock value it was shilled so much to have. It was just an incredibly bland shooter.

Yes.
Sad innit?

I guess…If you're internet is so bad it only lets you download one game a year and you can only play one game per year. That would make it pretty bad if the game you chose sucked.

Also, WoW killed the genre upon release. Awful game right from the start. Fuck everything about WoW.

I dunno, i guess it was different strokes, while there was a lot of problems with Hatred (Most notable for me was it's shitty optimization/color scheme and Not Important being a Gary Sue.) but it had a spark of something in it. it felt like a game that was created by people who wanted to make a game, not had to make a game, they had an idea that was something that was probably going to fail and they went with it anyway because they wanted to make a game where a man called Not important kills people to heal.

Well look what happens when we try and change things. When gamers band together and try and fight against the destruction of our hobby? We're ostracized, vilified.
What were we supposed to do?

Pls do this. We need something like this for posterity sake so future generations don't make the same mistakes.

Plus, pic related was very well done, so I want something for gaming in general.

Legendary is the only game I've played that I think is legimately shit. Holla Forums memes and calls anything less then a 9/10 shit, but legendary is actually just terrible. Even spore at the end of the day was like a 7/10 at worst if you don't hold what it could have been against it, but Legendary is actually like a 4/10.

I was hyped for it because the concept was so promising, but it's so bad. It's 99 cents on steam so it's almost worth the price just to see how much of a trainwreck it is.

I actually expected Halo 4 to be worse then it is in most respects. I didn't think the story would be as retarded though.

Overall I think it gets more shit then it deserves (again, aside from the story). The missions themselves are decent, actually about as good as CE's are on average (though, the fact it's only on average as good as it's 10 year old predecessor is sort of damning), and while the MP is worse then any of the prior game's mechanically, it's still a fair amount of fun and has a good amount of content and ways to play. The music, while obviously nowhere near as good as Marty's, is still decent, and there's a lot of points where it had a genuinine sense of atmosphere.

It's a 7.75/10 game, it just didn't live up to the others being 9/10 and better in their day.

The only issue with Brink as far as I can tell was that it lost it's popuilation immedately and since it was effectively MP only, that meant it was worthless. Mechanically I thought it was fine.

I think you are absolutely on the money about everything being so samey for the AAA industry, but on the other side of the coin, there's a good amount of variety in the indie scene, and variety aside, the average game quality has gone up, even if people here don't like to admit it.

There's way, way more polish even in the indie scene compared to where top of the line games where 15-20 years ago. There's much more content, way less bugs and jank, and no shovelware.

It's just, as you say, games are more derisive, and as a result of quality gradually getting better, it's sort of taken for granted and the outliers of truly great games stick out less.

i went into this game not expecting much, figured it would be a quick laugh like the other uncharted games i played and not to think to hard about it and bang it out. so i went into this game with low expectations and still felt fucking insulted by the time i finished it

Holla Forums

Get the fuck out of here.

quads

- normalfags shitting up everything and being responsible for much of the cancer we see today like games being broken on release and DLC jewery

- censorship due to a vocal minority of hags and publishers having no balls to tell them off

- smartphone """gaming"""""" like pokemon go, normalcücks lapping it up like the shiteaters they are

not bad

no thanks

If you shot Kenny u should be put in a concentration camp

C&C3 was a fun game and even though Westwood's corpse was still being raped the team behind that game understood the series and tried their best. I seriously have no idea how EA could have thought "Let's kill this franchise as painfully as possible and make sure it's never coming back" and got away with it

sales aren't the only thing they have to consider

funding a game is a fair few steps before actually profiting at all from it
you're not making anything all throughout development, and that can take a while
console manufacturers are very interested in getting good exclusives so that people will want to be their console alongside or instead of the competitor consoles
and that means studios will partner with console manufacturers and produce exclusives in return for funding, or exist as subsidiaries

Lots of savescumming, but each reload takes 10m.

i joined a TF2 server advertised on Holla Forums once several years ago. was just like a pub server, but more memes

You know a game is trash when it puts "reviewer" aka. shill ratings on its cover.

>>>/reddit/

No.

I was more disappointed by how underwhelming Beyond Earth turned out to be. What a fucking blunder with bland factions.

I remember it was the first console I remember seeing have any kind of an interface outside of games (I had not seen a Playstation at the time)

yeah.
I think it was a mistake on relic's part to say that it was like the cover system, when it was more like the slit trenches from coh1 and 2.

Tabata happened.

Fucking degenerate, gas yourself.

Video games were a mistake.

In addition to everything else listed in this thread, I have to mention MMO communities. One big reason why that entire genre is dead (along with corporate greed too, of course).

What I would do to play with the same people I did in FFXI circa 2003-2004…

They chop up finished games and sell them in parts now because it's more profitable. I remember when a brand new SNES game was 35 dollars.
Fuck this gay earth.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

People also play DOTA, LoL and WoW.

OVERWATCH
It's:
-A slow, boring arena shooter
-Filled with awful map design
-An array of only situational characters
-That just so happen to have any unique things about them locked behind lootboxes
-Which are just so conveniently purchasable from the main menu

It's more bare-bones MOBA shit but disguised as a FPS. Never mind the fact that it was advertised to hell and back on half-Holla Forums, but it's just amazing that so many people defend that game.
The fact that people only brag about skins or talk about clickbait articles associated with it really does show the lack of potential.

EVEN SNES & GBA GAMES HAVE MORE COMPLEXITY & CONTENT THAN TRIPLE A SHIT LIKE THE ORDER:1886, SPLATOON, BATTLEFIELD 1, MAFIA 3, WATCHDOGS 2, FFXV, MARIO RUN, LIFE IS STRANGE, DOOM 4, #FE, AND OTHERS

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

t. Tony "Cucked" Burch

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

private servers are always completely innocent and it's totally legal to run them

Mechwarrior Online.

Us battletech fans just wanted a decent mech simulator platform, but instead we get incompetent devs that hold the Mechwarrior license. The company has no general consensus on where the game is going, whales buying shitty mechpacks that contribute absolutely nothing to the game, and pugs crying "nerf! nerf!" every time a fucking good mech gets released.

Now they are developing MW5:Mercs which is a SP campaign. Not holding my breathe since you know, it's fucking PGI developing it. Go look at their track record and you will see what I mean. Can we get some devs that actually care about the franchise and know how to make a solid FPS please?

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

t. Rat

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Another reason is people who don't really have time to practice with a bunch of shitters, so they'l pay for a group they can clear content with, as opposed to for. But thats like 0.01% of players

The self-fellating industry insiders who run fucking everything. They run the major AAA publishing studios that demand you pay them for sub-par, unfinished, or buggy products that need day-one patches and DLC. They run the media that talks about their shitty games while shilling a retarded liberal agenda and insulting anybody who dares to disagree with them. They run the award shows so they can put their god-awful games on a platform while being salty that nobody likes their decisions.

Fuck all of them.

Is it sad that I would rather go back to Unreal GotY edition? The one that everyone I know played back in high school when someone loaded it onto their computer network? Now THAT was an arena shooter worth playing.

But then how is it disappointing if everyone could see it coming from a mile away how bad it was going to be?

To think they made this back in the day

Skyrim not being as good with mods as Oblivion was and not being as good without mods as Morrowind was. also DLCs going from EXPANSION PACK that is a fucking masterpiece to "lol have this extra hat, it cost 5 xDD"
Graphics over content.
profit before good games
ruining gaming just like they do with literature
"I'm a gaymeerrr I'm cool right? So nerdy :DDD"
No you're fucking not. If you were a gamer you'd be called "that guy".

3d over 2d was a mistake.

All of it: in-game advertisement, always on-line single player games, needing multiple accounts to launch your game, the hegemony of all-digital, microtransactions, DLC for things that should already be in the game, the lack of support for broken games, patches that removes content that was there when you bought the game (looking at you, GTA), the cancerous walking simulator genre, and let's not forget the idiots ready to defend each of these things and the corrupt propagandists covering their asses.

Yeah.
All of it.

The worst.

one of the psp gta games is top down, you might enjoy it

Fuck you. People have the right to identify themselves as whatever they want. This is the reason why we need to focus more on diversity in the gaming and tech industries.

They have the right to identify as shooting targets if they don't stop being such cancerous faggots.

See, even as someone who has only been getting into SMT in the last few years, it was pretty clear to me that this game was going to be nothing but directionless waifufag-pandering garbage from the get-go.

I was actually pretty dumbfounded that anyone was giving this game more credit than it was due by constantly talking about it due to censorship issues.

Nobody should have purchased that waifufag garbage even if it hadn't been censored, as it only serves to further kill off one of the few still-living classic JRPG franchises.