Playing STALKER SoC

I fucking hate vague ass games that expect you to read the developer's minds when it comes to shit like this. How comes every time Holla Forums recommends a post-2005 game it's always shit?

I know you don't know you're a dumb shitter, but you are.

Please try not to be retarded user

i beat this game when i was 13 years old, how retarded can you be?

You have to put your mind into that of the developer user. What would a slav think if he walked into a room with fire elementals? Would he wander around while complaining about being burnt like a bitch or would he

A BLYAD SOSI HUY YA EIBAL TBOYU MAT!

I was seriously looking around seeing if there was some specific kind of weapon for fighting those fuckers. The level design of that area intuits the player into that dead-end hallway, leading him to believe there's something important there other than medkits.

The game never makes any indications you can "attack" anomalies. Shit, from what I knew, they were just naturally occurring events that people had no control over. No damage response. It's shit design, simple as that.

That is the advice you should take you clueless moron.

If you wanted to figure out how anomalies work you could even have easily quicksaved and quickloaded and figured out how they work in 3 minutes have that knowledge for every Stalker game.

Instead you wasted 20 minutes doing nothing like a fucking autist getting angrier and angrier and now you're here because you've been told how much of a fucking moron you are.

no you faggot, im saying that if 13 yo me figured out what to do there, you should be able to do it too, instead of whining like a fucking bitch

git gud

Yeah it doesn't work that way

The game tells you they're not living things, and the fire anomalies have zero damage response. Again, try not to be a retard and maybe learn some reading comprehension.

Press the 6 key. Did you never even bother trying all the controls?

Is that the bolt key? They just tell you if an anomaly is there or not, doesn't actually get rid of it.

Please just accept that you're a fucking moron and don't come back here

retard kek

Don't tell him, Jesus, he'll just come back with positive reinforcement

You clearly never played stalker before mate.

It's like you have a mental illness. A developmental disorder or something.

Being autistic must be really difficult for you

What's your angle here

Anyway, while I'm straying from the retarded notion of attacking a translucent fireball with no damage response, I should also add that taking down the anomalies became my lowest priority after about 5 minutes because by then I concluded that they were there as a level design element to rush me out of the room and find something important in the dead end hallway.

I actually kind of appreciated it at first. The game was handholdy as fuck up to this point and now it was doing that Super Metroid thing where it uses non-verbal cues to direct me where to go. Turns out I was wrong.

Scully a shit

Ви нечисті нацистська свиня, який також багато бідних при грі могутніх ігор України
Поверніться до гри з вкладеннями дракона фалоімітатором для ваших пластикових гармат і гей-парадів

Took me 2 tries to figure it out without any kinds of guides in 2008. It screamed and locked the door, which gives a hint that it's not just an anomaly. After running around for a few minutes and eventually dying to precision burners, I just unloaded my shotgun into the ball, and it exploded. It ain't rocket science.

Maybe I'm just used to the method of "try different things until they work out".

Kill yourself and your whole family in the process.
:)

What the fuck are you talking about?

I haven't played this shit but if you can destroy them then that's a breddy gud damage response, faggot.

Not sure what kind of gun you were using. I actually shot it twice and it just stood there like nothing happened. Thing is, I was even only kind of doing that as a last resort anyway because putting a fire out with bullets sounds kind of dumb to me.

Those fuckers had been chasing me around the entire lab so I just avoided them. When the door was locked I just assumed it was that roaring monster I don't know shit about STALKER lore I'd been hearing the entire level on the other of the door holding it closed. Or whatever it was that kept banging it when I was entering the keycode earlier. which wouldn't have concluded to have been the fire anomalies, because they don't appear until you take the documents. Wasn't expecting the game to turn around and go full Zelda where you gotta kill X monsters to unlock a door.

Shit, shooting the door that's blocked off actually has better response than shooting the fireball.

He's right that there's no damage response (until death) but the ball is pretty fragile. It takes about 4-5 shotgun shells to destroy it, and I consider anyone who goes into X-18 without a shotgun to be a fool.

It's only one monster, not X, and really, this game subverts many of its pre-established mechanics inside labs and other spooky places - precisely because they're labs and spooky places, with paranormal shit dripping from every orifice. Hell, you don't even encounter any moving anomalies until X-18, and that obviously should set off alarm bells, that shit there is quite different from the surface.

Also, the fire geist doesn't appear when you take documents. It appears when you start going up the staircase to the second floor room.

STALKER is a game that is mechanically hardcore but made with casual accessibility. Sort of like how most Shmups require a lot of actual skill, but no real thought as to where you go or what you need to do.

STALKER always tells you EXACTLY what you need to do, and shows you a little quest marker on the map so you can't get lost. Except for this one time, and that's a good thing but they were huge faggots about it because instead of using knowledge that the player already knows, like most non-handholding games do, they just expected you to read their minds.

That's 2 too many for something with no damage response. The shotgun only takes about 2 bullets at a time, and no one's gonna reload to shoot something that just stays there.

Honestly, had they just made the fireballs look more solid, and have them spark every time they're shot, this seriously wouldn't be an issue. I hate to throw away a game that was pretty good up until now, but minor shit like that just taints my entire experience.

I think all developers should take notes from the SNES era classics and be more conscientious towards the subtle effects thing like level geometry, damage response, and enemy placement have on the player's intuition. Honestly the level design has been pretty shit throughout the entire game, too

I think you go in 1 underground area before this. Maybe two. I don't know, I took about a week long break between my last play session and just now. They all had drastically different atmospheres and seemed to be more focused on exploration aspects, but still somehow the concept of killing an enemy to open a door seemed completely alien to the game.
Are you sure? I saw at least 6 of them flying around.

The point of STALKER was to get lost in the incredible world of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. As for OP, he's just a faggot who's upset he doesn't get the game and is attempting to rationalize it. I've seen snobs struggle to see value in STALKER several times before. They just can't get around the game's oddball Ukranian presentation. Fuck them, then. Cheeki Breeki is here to stay.

Stop being upset.

not an argument friendo :^)

Neither is you being upset

There's only one monster, and it summons fire anomalies aiming at you. The anomalies are static, while the monster flies around. Also, by this point, you should have had a Winchester 1300, not stuck with a sawn-off. As for throwing the game away because of this - your loss. Nobody but you is losing in this case. And yes, you go into one underground area before X18 - Agroprom Underground, but that one is different, and again switches stuff around with bloodsuckers, new anomaly types and even a controller.

Then go find something else to argue

You're not worth having a discussion with because you're clearly acting up to get attention to an opinion you could have just expressed more clearly and honestly to begin with. This is STALKER rage and it really isn't the first time I've seen it. It's A-OK if you don't like the game! Don't worry about it!

OP a faggot, news at eleven.

Am I missing something here? If I recall correctly, they were all moving and were all visually identical. If you had to attack ONLY the right one, then I can only imagine how much longer it would taken me if I had kept playing.
Don't get me wrong, I knew there was obviously a monster controlling all of them, hence the roar, but I thought he was behind the door raising hell and that he was gonna be some kind of boss fight of sorts.

Not really, it's just a rage against shit design. Do it all the time for shit games I play. You don't need to b8 to defend STALKER's design.

You're not even trying to like the game or understand for what reasons so many others like it, and this entire thread is a poor man's "prove me wrong" post

I liked the game, too, up until now. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have gotten this far.
At least you got my response.

you too, huh?

Read the PDA and ask everyone you meet about shit. You'll hear rumours at the very least about living anomalys. SoC needs to be played almost like an RPG at times instead of as a pure FPS.

And you've just walked through a lab full of fucking poltergeists, a fairly similar enemy who also look somewhat like an anomaly. Do you require handholding in every game you play?

It's all right there in the fucking PDA. I'm too lazy to take a screenshot ingame but if you go to the encyclopaedia tab it explains damn near everything.

But user the level design was wrong! There should have been a sign saying 'warning, floaty red balls that need to be shot'. Maybe a tutorial too.

Well there goes my hopes to end the night with some nice stories. Thread looks unsalvagable