Thinking of getting back into the Minecraft (Very cool) thing. Any good towny/faction servers...

Thinking of getting back into the Minecraft (Very cool) thing. Any good towny/faction servers? Especially ones that are based on history and/or fiction, if possible. Are there mods for that kind of thing (Kingdoms, politics, leadership, etc)? I'm 100% out of the loop, it's been years. You can use this thread as a Minecraft general too, if you want. WebM unrelated.

Sale when?

What?
Just go play a strategy game, what the fuck?

I have been. Multiple campaigns in EU4, even did some AARs of Vic2. Need to mix it up every once in a while, get back to my roots.

I still can't believe a game from the 90s is still this popular.

Theres already a fucking minecraft thread, go play minetest if you arent a child

Are there Minetest servers that fit the bill?

Minetest is just bad and you can't roll back what version you're playing to a non-shit version.

Please tell me that isn't nyanners

Well, not exactly my roots. That'd be the PS2. But fuck man, Minecraft goes back a ways. It's a shit game, but it's a shit game I had fun with.

Who the fuck is nyanners?

Vanilla Minecraft tried to update the combat with a new mechanic in 1.9, constantly swinging your weapon does less damage. You now have to time everything. They also buffed the Axe as a weapon, and added a dual wielding mode. Try it and see what you think of it. It's a controversial point among most Minecraft players, and a lot of the "pro" scene is still on 1.8 because of it.
They recently made Redstone much more fun with the observer block. if you never bother with Redstone now is a great chance to try it.
All the good mods are on 1.7.10. They changed a lot internally when making 1.8, so the modders stuck to that for the time being. if you need mods stay on that version.

Also try Minecraft alternatives, there are some good ones out there. Minetest runs much smoother, has much better terrain generation and gigantic worlds, but is more barebones. It's a modding platform, so you need to grab mods to get a full game. Space Engineers is neat if you have a good gaming PC, because it has dynamic grids of 2 different sizes and gravity fuckery. It's really picky about what computers it runs on though, and it's still in Early Access, so pirate first if you can.

I miss making autistic contraptions for a minigame world on a server I admin'ed. It was always a relaxing way to spend an evening.

ur new as fuk m8

How old are you?

Could it work as some kind of reworked Don't Starve, with less bars to manage and more open plan building?

I wouldn't expect anyone to care for that old whore anymore

Oh God, so that's why.
Well
It's shit, but I can't hate her.

I'm here to tell you your mp4 is terrible.

That is all.

Is it nyanners?

Holla Forums's server is floorchan.org . Technic mods and others provide a good experience, but the admin hasn't been seen in months. Still, it's easy to get started and claim land.

Who knows for certain?

Probably.

Is there a dump with her or is this all there is?

Oh, that. thought it was some Minecraft eceleb for a sec.

it doesnt even look like her

how is that the same as flat out not knowing who she is

That's the point user.

no it's not
these gullible newfucks will swallow anything

THAT'S THE POINT user.

Didn't you show off some of your redstone autism in a thread some time ago? If it was you I remember your carnival games and I thought they were pretty cool

i always imagined "her" as a trap, wouldn't be surprised

Sale when?

Kill yourself.

PS2 released in 2000 or 2001, right? That's plenty of time for most of modern Holla Forums to be ~6 years old at its release given a 20-22 age bracket.

Oh shit nigga OP just got roasted! I'm talking about bruh like when you tell a nigga kill they self das it mane they better check they self!

Go back to 4am, ritsu.

There is another thread essentially about minecraft mods too, here:

Sort of a hard decision, but I'm going to bumplock this one if you don't mind. Thanks.

I can get behind this as a thing.

No.

Stop it.

user, be honest, did you post that .mp4 in your OP because I posted pic related on /2hu/? Just curious.

Yeah, I get that man.

I happened to save it from some other thread because I wanted to maybe make it into a poster.