Just got my PS3 modded, marking my entry into the 7th gen piracy scene...

Just got my PS3 modded, marking my entry into the 7th gen piracy scene. Figured I may as well see what other people's setups are, what the general impression of the PS3 is.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MHMS1
katcr.co/new/torrents-details.php?id=2681
katcr.co/new/torrents-details.php?id=2634
vocaroo.com/i/s0ow3wCyj5ZS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wouldnt play lots of my pirated games only some and then I tried rebug and it made my ps3 overheat and bricked it

Well, I'm completely happy with my CFW PS3. I use Rebug and and Webman for convenience, but I use Multiman whenever I need to do something like manage files. Having Showtime is nice if you like to stream from your PC or just listen to music and shit in your PS3. Also, get an external hard drive, less hassle than changing the internal drive, although some games freezes if you play them from the external HDD. It's safe to activate your internet and use Multiman with internet, as long as you don't log in PSlive. on in order to get game updates and neat game covers for webman. If you want to play online use SENenabler, is fairly easy to use, but you have to turn it on/off everytime.

Other than that, just get as much games as you can. I use this page with script blocker: downloadgameps3.com
Here's a previous thread for when I got my PS3. archive.is/MHMS1 And I hope you can have fun with your PS3, as much as I did with mine.

Did you fuck with the fan? Did anything strange to it? I got my PS3 already used with CFW and it's just fine, even when it have been on for days in my room, that it's hot as hell.

As far as I know, the super slim isn't able to be modded for CFW and piracy, right? Because that's what I bought when it was super cheap and it's more reliable than the regular slim in my experience.

Yeah, it can't. I think the super slim is way better than Fat and Slim in most ways, except piracy.

i use Rebug 4.3 and multiman, still works, but i havent played it in months now.

i pretty much played all the worthy exclusives on it.

I've just tested it with Jojo ASB and Robot Alchemic Drive, works smoother than I could have thought. Going to be loading this thing to bear.

It's why I traded my super slim for a fat. I love the sliding disc tray, reminded me of a VCR, but the inability to mod or play PS2 games kinda killed it for me. My buddy enjoys it now, he only uses it as a Yakuza and Jak and Daxter machine, it's all he needs.

No it's rebug making it run hotter. The previous CFW setup didnt overheat but I couldnt revert back to it because they didn't have a no-BD installer that worked and the blu-ray drive was fucked.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I've heard that apparently you can run backups on OFW 4.70 without any additional hardware, seems too good to be true but I'd rather ask around here if someone knows about it.

No worries, it's essentially a PS3 thread. I have heard about that too, it only seems to require that you repack the game before burning a copy onto a disc. Haven't tried it yet myself, but it seems possible.

Damn, that site is a gold mine, thanks for the rec.

play folklore OP

kat.cr is back fam, prepare to pirate

also aero is a tard, that was a legit thread

Going on the list.

im uploading a few other rare ps3 games that took me a long time to find and you might enjoy.

tell me OP do you like zelda-like games?

Like 3d action rpgs with hookshots and such? I'm up for trying some new ones.

I also think Gundam Crossfire isn't as bad as people say, so that might say something about my general tastes.

yeah, sort of.

guess i will upload both Majin and Folklore.

Folklore has Otacon on it.

Majin Forsaken Kingdom? I tried a demo of that, seemed neat.

Folklore
katcr.co/new/torrents-details.php?id=2681

Majin & the forsaken kingdom
katcr.co/new/torrents-details.php?id=2634

freshly uploaded fam

This seems as good a thread as any.
PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE ALL THE DLC FOR DOA5U (Burger version)

I've searched the entire damn internet and couldn't find it any where

Sweet, thanks.

It's not an exclusive, but if you enjoy Spiderman games, i'd have to recommend Web of Shadows. It's the last good Spiderman game, with some cool little moments. Lost Planet is also cool, 2 is probably the better package if you can get coop going. Do any of the ps3 servers still run?

My PS3's firmware is on 4.80. What are my options?

vocaroo.com/i/s0ow3wCyj5ZS

Suicide

Have you tried finding it on psndl?

You should also try out 3D Dot Game Hero.

5/10 imitation.

you need to smoke a lot more.

Looks like mostly Europe and Japan too, but I'll grab what's there and report back when I can

I found a guy to downgrade it on Kijiji, ran me $50. I've already got more than $50 worth of games, so it works for me.

Otherwise, Hackinformer has guides on how to do it yourself, but I believe it involves soldering, or at the very least buying extra tools, so give it a look if you're feeling brave.

My computer has a bad habit of overheating when I download too fast, but it's definitely on the list.

Still a better job than Sutherland

He wasn't that bad, honestly. He is definitely a better "action hero" than Hayter, but the simple fact that Hayter's been snake for almost 20 years now really cements his place in the franchise: you can't just fuck with that.

I'm interested in modding a ps3 to play all the exclusives I've missed out on. They use bluetooth controllers right? Would it be remotely possible for it to support one of the new xbone pads that have support for bt?
The xbone pad is my go to controller now and I really REALLY don't like the ds3.

Never really thought about that. With all the accessories that let you swap 360 for PS3 pads, there must be some way to try the same with a modern controller.

I'm interested in what your problem with the DS3 is. I like it less than the DS2 (mushier buttons), but it's still better for fighters that the DS4 seems to be (more emphasized sticks and triggers, less focus on the face buttons)

Kind of new at this. Where do I shove the raps? Just in with the unpacked pkgs?

Can anyone confirm this isn't a honeypot?

are you retarded?

Wasn't Maijin the one with really great art design and concept art but was extremely disappointing and mediocre on release?

El Shaddai is a cool one, seconding Folklore. But Catherine, Odin Sphere HD, Demon's Souls, Shadows of the Damned, Gundam VS Extreme Boost, The Darkness, Condemned 2 & AC:VC first.

I honestly tried Verdict Day, but I can't handle the single player. Too different to the AC i'm used to. Might wait for the english Gundam VS on the PS4, not sure.

You need to place them in a rap folder. You need to use ReactPSN for that. Just google a guide, its fairly straightforward. Not all games require rap files though.

PS3 can use PS4 controllers via bluetooth. Other generics also work to varying degrees.
An article mentions that these new xbone pads work 'sorta' with Android, so your PS3 should work just fine.
Check your controller's manual for info on how to start it on a 'PC bluetooth mode' (in the DS4, this is done by holding SHARE and PS for a few secs), then go to settings>accesories>register BT device. It should show up as 'Wireless controller'.

For Xbone controllers, press the main X to switch on and then hit the pairing button in the top area. This should activate bluetooth pairing.

It's a legitimate question I feel. A lot of those sites get taken down and then magically pop back up and later turn out to be honeypot operations.

I'm just having trouble getting on the website at all. Site having some more downtime?

Might be worth noting that if you enjoy JRPGs, a CFW PS3 is the ONLY way to play Tales of Vesperia PS3 in English, as it requires a fan made patch since the game never came out in English and there's no PS3 emulator release yet. Nicoblog should have a prepatched file of it if it's of interest to you.

There is at least one that is multi platform and libre, however A, it requires certain files from a PS3 (which weren't hard to find, all things considered) and B, even with the files in the right place it refuses to work for me on the one game I want to play with it.

You mean all games faggot. PS3 emulation is in the same boat as original xbox emulation right now in terms of speed and accuracy.

Is there anywhere I can grab a game's DLC? I figure I may as well go all the way with my thievery.

On the developers website there are several video's that supposly show some games runing at 60 FPS and others being considered very playable. However unlike the one good original xbox emulator, I will be able to use it, as I don't want to "upgrade" from Windows 7 as having all options in place is really useul and the GUI is miles better (as it focused on being a desktop enviroment rather than a desktop/portable device hybrid).

From the Share Thread's Heavily_suggest_checking_before_posting page, under the PS3 focsued section. In order of most likely to have the DLC.
>ps3repack.net/ps3iso.com [Registration required login2.me]
The other sites that have [PS3] sections may or may not have DLC.

I can't imagine hayter delivering snake's lines in mgsv.

It is

Super Mario Bros X
What's this fangame gimmick?

If you shot Kenny u should be put in a concentration camp

Is that cross-posting bot back?

Mario maker from 7 years ago, actually i wouldnt be surprised if it inspired the latter to exist because nintendo DMCAd the creator. It has slopes

2 more matches. Shuttle vs light and winner vs. iammong

a man can dream

I agree completely

Are there any mods out there that provide a more creative final fight?

Do these new expansions have voice acted campaigns like the base game did?

fie from cold steel has the same va as sofie from tales of graces and gust from neptunia

Yeah.

I have a problem trying to update a jap game via multiman. The error I get is the 8002b301, but I can't seem to find a workaround, and I can't find the game update anywhere.

Is there anywhere I need to stick the DLC before I activate it? The one method says I need a USB stick, but the others are non specific.

DLCs come in pkg files that may include .rap or .rif files for activation.
Simply put your pkgs anywhere in the USB stick (recommended: a /pkg folder) and use the package installer on XMB to put them on your system.
Then you'll have to activate the DLC with the .rap or .rif via ReactPSN if necessary:

Thanks, you guys are crazy helpful. Have a cute girl.

I don't have a setup, but how are the emulators? Can you get all the normal Win32-emus working on modded PS3?

There's a Retroarch for pretty much every system on here, and a pretty good selection of other stuff.

Name one.

ReactPSN is shit.There's a better alternative,but I forgot the name.

Bampu.