Lore

What are some games with deep lore that I can get lost in? Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXAvF9p8nmM
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/bursting-flavor-2003-02-24
wow-strategy.com/onyxia-attunement-how-to-do-the-horde-quest-chain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Runescape.

You're thread is dead on arrival OP, but I guess you could try morrowind or maybe might and magic.

The Witcher

knew i should have inb4 dark souls doesnt have deep lore

the panzer dragoon games
hope you like learning new languages, and I'm not talking about japanese

Minecraft.

Witcher is literally written out of the polish books

Mario

Kirby

Daedra did nothing wrong.
Argonians removed what all thee other races could not.

you guys are nigger why do i even come here
oh yeah because im here forever

DAILY REMINDER

Mario

Why did he mean by this?

Wait… so Mario did 9/11?

Drakengard and NieR.

Gex

Doom.

In the vidya equivalent of "Cinema, Film, Movie, Schlock", this game would go in Cinema definitely. Not appreciating this game is the perfect pleb filter.

your mom

Episode 6 what season?

Do games have lore because games is a shit format to tell a story?

You ready to fucking fight.

Depends, what games have you been playing?

games have lore because unlike a movie or book, you don't have to read everything in a video game or do every side-quest or even pay attention to the story at all in a video game. It usually isn't a plot-centric medium, it's a gameplay-centric one.

I don't know if "deep lore" is what your looking for. As someone whose favorite part of Dark Souls (at least the first one I haven't played the other two yet) is the lore I am interested in what people here say as well. However I think what you are looking for is lore like that found within The Lord of the Rings. Which is to say lore devoid of irony. Something with unbroken references. It's hard to explain, if your interested check out this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=lXAvF9p8nmM

The fucking mileage he gets out of a goddamn pizza parlour.
>mfw the villain of FNAF3 wasn't actually the Purple Guy but his son

I just don't know what is going on anymore in this shit. And alright, I admit I didn't even play the games, but still.

Not sure if Shin Megami Tensei and its multiverse would count.

it goes deeper than that
>there are two purple guys
>one was the son who would deal with the aftermath of the father's murders
>The kid in the fourth game was the the other younger son
>The bullying brother becomes the Purple Guy (Son)
>the sister in the fourth game got killed by baby
>sister location takes place before FNAF1
>The protag of FNAF1 was actually the post-scooped/post-vomiting up ennard/haunted corpse of the Sister location protag/purple guy (son)
>Purple Guy's (Son) death takes place a day after he gets fired in FNAF1 for trying to destroy the animatronics/smelling like the rotting corpse he is

Why the fuck would you play the games?

This shit sounds like something out of a game theory parody

What sonic game is that though?

The Halo series unironically has some pretty good lore in the novels, but the only actual game where it shines through at all much is 2.

Xenogears

This. Witchers have some of the best lore of any fantasy games.

Is that an edit or did Lisa Lisa have a lighter in her mouth in some panel? I can't remember any such panel

Xenogears
Morrowind
Mass effect
Ar tonelico

Happy lore hunting fellow autist.

Why does Hollywood always choose trash to make movies from?

There is fucking Homeworld that Cameron or Jew Jew Abrams could make an epic trilogy of. But no it has to be AssCreed.

Because trash is what the normalfags like to eat

I think it's an edit of her putting her cigarette in her mouth the wrong way

Not quite right, when you look at Japanese adaptation of niche media, they often do it very poorly except for the few good ones like Ace Attorney. Most live action manga-based movies made by japs were just as driven by money and retards as much as any surface level video game movies, and their only sales come from hardcore fans and whales and even then they can only hope to break even. The west just knows which one they can milk more efficiently because niche movies won't sell.

Pokemon is starting to have some lore in it's post game

TES, duh.

What you call lore most people call flavor.
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/bursting-flavor-2003-02-24

metal gear solid
suikoden
fallout
star wars with expanded universe.

If there is one thing Grindframe did right, it's the lore.
Second Dream quest was magnificent. It deserves to be in better game.

That is some artfully crafted bait.

Yeah thats what I thought, from the scene where they're looking for Caesar

Wesnoth.

if you can bear the grind, vanilla WoW had deep lore in it's questchains
examples being the whole plot of how onyxia is controlling most of the human kingdoms, which is shown early on in the defias questlines, and later in the one where you resque marshal windsor

This is true.
But I don't recall a quest where Onyxia turned into her dragon form inside the palace of Stormwind. How did that happen and how did the humans react to it? I thought they always stayed ignorant of her meddling in their politics

you rescue marshal windsor from one of the blackrock dungeons, can't remember which one
then when you take him back to stormwind, he takes you on a stroll to the palace, where he reveals that catrina prestor is actually onyxia, she transforms, summons some dragons and everyone has to kill the dragons
i think windsor died after that
and technically this was the attunement quest for onyxia in vanilla, so you had to do it in order to do the raid

E.Y.E.
You can read the entire lore in New Eden
but only if you can translate it from french to english first :^)

Never had to do that on Horde, don't remember what their attunement quest was though

some challenges
wow-strategy.com/onyxia-attunement-how-to-do-the-horde-quest-chain/

lol it even required doing LBRS, the dungeon no one ever does