Splitscreen Thread

Post great split-screen games and stories. What's better for 360 splitscreen, BO1 Zombies/MP or Borderlands 1? Found a great price for a used copy in the local flea market. What's the best Mario Party game for Dolphin?

Haven't played splitscreen since Halo 3. Oh, and Guitar Hero. Those were good times.

Poor kids. Raised on a diet of shit.

I user, I remember splitscreen too.
Those days are long gone.
Borderlands has poor gameplay, but it's fun enough with a few drinks, and easy enough that one person can go and blast away at enemies without a care in the world while the other does the same elsewhere.
BO1 is dogshit

BO1 zombies mode all day
Fucking TIMESPLITTERS is still the best god damn splitscreen game to exist. And would be the most baller shit to play using M+KB with others. Tried Homefront:The Revolution on a free weekend, and the two levels from TS2 with pure mouselook felt really fucking good. Still tough as nails to beat on hard though.

Long gone? Son, Stillborn had splitscreen on consoles.
In fact, that's one of the reasons I say that console fags need to buy this game now that is piss cheap. It can be fun with split screen.
And of course, vid related show some more. And they are all western releases.
Shit games yes, but split can make them at least bearable.
Plenty of indie stuff too.

Does it have singleplayer campaign? How shitty is it?

This thread is shit

Objectively greatest split-screen game

Damn, so this is Moonmans life story

my autism was triggered by that shittier OC

EDF has PC splitscreen?

Battletoads wasn't on Xbox 360
True sin here.

Yes, it has it. You are constantly being reminded of splitscreen existence every time you start the game.

Also all warriors games have splitscreen.

How can split screen be good in this day and age?

If you have friends that can easily find joy in just hanging out together and always somehow find a new way to enjoy the game, probably you'll have a good time.

user, I was focusing on current gen only. Last gen had a good number of Split Screen games. PC, of course, also have a good number of them.

I feel old as dirt. I remember splitscreen Goldeneye with all my highschool buddies, late into the night/early morning. Hell, some of my best memories of the og Xbox/Gamecube generation were playing Halo splitscreen or getting all the shit together to play Four Swords. Now I get to play EDF 2025 from time to time with my son. It sucks that splitscreen shows up less and less, makes me appreciate older games a lot more.

R6V 1 and 2 had pretty decent splitscreen, I played the shit out of them in middle school with a classmate cheesing the experience to unlock shit. Good times, I miss them.

t. idiot

oh christ

What the fuck Game Freak

First HMs, now this?

It really depends on how punishing the death is. An oldschool platformer, so long as there's decent checkpoints and no extreme bullshit, dying is fine. Something like Super Meat Boy basically expects you die but gives you infinite lives and no game overs to compliment this.

Some people just can't handle Dark Souls due to the punishments of hollowing and losing your currency. It does mean dying kicks you out of multiplayer, but also challenges you to stop being foolishly reckless. It's just that certain games (DeS, DS2) are more punishing than others for it.

Here's one

pic related. it worked better in vertical splitscreen than horizontal, too. Any other games that are like that?

Somebody know some great splitscreen or 2 players gaems that I can play with my non normalfags friends, my normalfags friends and my autistic imaginary girlfriend?

On PS4? (As a neet, I can't afford a good PC right now…)

EDF 4.1 all of the day bro
Literally the perfect couch-op game
And killing giant bugs is universally fun, normalfags will instantly understand

Double dash is still the best splitscreen game I've played.

Serious Sam is great for pc. Sadly not many pc games do splitscreen

My Dad and I would play this. It's the only game he would play. And he'd only play it with my brother and I. I would beat him really, really bad, but he still loved it. The game is crap, but he didn't care, he just liked it for the "Band of Brothers" feel. Lots of good times.

Its literally Call of Duty 2 but on the PS2 and with MoH on the title.
I still liked it both and Pacific Assault.

Splitcreen was pretty shit though, I remember playing it with 4 people with the adaptor and still being unfun.
Maps were too small and the FOV made it impossible to see anything.
And I fucking played Goldeneye with 4 players at a friends house years before.

I played MK64 with my Grandmother when I was a kid

Thank you dude! Now I only have to wait that Sonnygger put it on sale.

Which TV has the best PIP?

What's up with all that shitposting about Nightfire ? It was shit. Play Perfect Dark.

if you mean the PSX version of Hot Pursuit, oh man that was a great racing game for the time.

For me it was the PS2 split screen action RPG games – Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2, and the Everquest spinoffs Champions of Norrath 1 and 2 (same game as BG:DA, really, just different classes and levels).
Also Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles even though technically it wasn't splitscreen (because all your inventory and spell selection was done on the GBA you were using as a gamecube controller)

NightFire singleplayer was mediocre
The splitscreen is God tier
Nigger you know thats already implicit when I mention Goldeneye