Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
youtube.com/watch?v=ugQFfblCwgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aT0Qi1jblDw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEC6iOf4LiE
youtube.com/watch?v=eUgL8KM4V_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I find exercise really boring and the sports I like are prohibitively expensive.

I run to try and be ready for the revolution but I hate every single second of it.

I ride my bike a lot.

I masturbate almost constantly.

Not sure if that counts as cardio tho.

Calisthenic strength training and judo/BJJ. 6 days a week.
Come at me, Nazis.

The best beginner workout program: stronglifts.com

All of us must be physically conditioned to effectively rebel, agitate and participate in the revolution!

Stronglifts is based off the simple Reg Park 5x5 program. The program emphasises compound (whole body) exercises with a strong emphasis on deadlifts and squats (prosterior chain strengthening).

The workout is based on the principle of linear progression. You start off light - each workout you add 5 pounds (2.5kg) to your lifts. With this you will become exceptionally strong in a shockingly small amount of time. Your body accommodates the small changes so it never feels like you have burnt out.

The 5 reps x 5 sets scheme is the perfect balance for strength and hypertrophy. This program is perfect for beginners wanting to simultaneously increase muscle mass and pure strength. By the end of this program you will be conditioned enough to lift a cop over your head! Tackle a fascist to the ground like they were nothing! Suplex a fully grown man!

For maximum rebellion results: incorporate endurance training, a martial art and go to your local gun range. In my opinion the best martial art with carryover for civil disobedience is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Do not be complacent with your training anons. Be strong for the fight ahead of us!

Powerlifting

Personal bests:

210kg deadlift @ 1 rep
75kg overhead press @ 5 reps (1 rep at bodyweight back when I was 70kg)
145kg front-squat @ 5 reps
105kg powerclean @ 5 reps

noice

my all time bests:
190kg x 5 diddly
170kg x 5 back squat
70 x 5 OHP
110kg x 5 bench

I've had my share of /fit/.
Alternating calisthenic strength training and cardio every day for ~45min. I'm genetically not very well suited to put on a lot of muscle so I focus on staying fit and agile.

strength training is just reinforcing hierarchies tbh. nothing but a sign of mental weakness i would usually rather attribute to fascist.

Bullshit. If that was true, the strongest people would be in control of government instead of tubby old men in suites.

If someone tries to kill you for whatever reason, are you're physically weak, more likely than not you're finished.
Self-defence transcends left vs right politics.

Ok, but how about you try living in the real world, Holla Forums?

The stakes don't have to be death. Law and order only needs to break down for a minute, you get mugged or whatever, and you sustain life changing permanent injuries.

Self-defence is important.
I'm a leftist. If you think staying fit, and training to disarm idiots with knives and bottles is a right-wing politics, then you're a MASSIVE FAGGOT and also definitly underage.

It feels good to overhead press 1+ plate doesn't it?

Have you tried 1 rep max on your deadlift? My 5 rep max was 185kg, you're pretty fucking strong.

Said by no one ever to have posted on /fit/

Nobody is.
Body builder types take porky steroids 100% of the time.
Without them you'll end up with a "natural" muscular build of an athlete, manual labourer, someone who's been put though basic military training. That sort of thing.

Uh huh, is that what your mom told you?

What are you talking about? Mental weakness?

Weight training is the most efficient regimen to increase muscular mass and maintain low body fat. I weight train for aesthetics and health (cardiovascular, respiratory, bone density and ligament tensile strength) because it's the smartest way to obtain both.

The best thing about weight training is that it's 5% working out, and 95% resting.

That leaves many hours of the day for reading.

That's not true at all, and I speak as someone who works in manual labour.

Repetitive prolonged work does not make you aesthetically muscular, if anything it's catabolic doing full-time hard labour and most people who work amongst me look like shit.

Here are 2 pre-steroid era bodybuilders and the last pic is myself after doing a bulk and a cut on a beginners weightlifting program a few years ago (Starting Strength, 3 hours a week). This is realistically achievable if you're willing without using steroids.

Fatass faggot. Do plenty of hiking. Lift periodically when I'm not swamped with work, luckily I build muscle pretty easily. Planning on starting Krav Maga and/or BJJ, but don't want to end up with cauliflower ears.

It really does save you a lot of time, I never did cardio either as it's counter productive (unless you need to run for prolonged periods of time, ie preparing for war or sports maybe?) and yes you do get cardiovascular exercise from weightlifting alone.

The last pic is me, I only did 3 days a week of 1 hour weight training to obtain that.

Sorry. I defer to your experience as my job involves maximum sitting on ass.

I always find it hard to convince people of this, and they insist cardio and resistance are these completely separate activities.

Ditch krav, unless it's one of the few places that isn't a RBSD LARPfest.
If you're taking up grappling and worried about cauli, consider investing in ear protectors.

For how long?

Not only this, but I hear a lot of people who insist that weight lifting actively counteracts cardiovascular conditioning.

From slightly chubby/skinnyfat to that, it took me 8-9 months, diet is key, you NEED to bulk and get fat initially but it pays off once you've finished cutting.

Yeah, the larpyness is what I'm afraid of with krav.

Ear protectors. Yes, I know, but they look sooo retarded :\ Guess it's better to look retarded while training than look retarded forever, though.

Chill. You don't have to refer to somatotypes to aknowledge that how much your body responds to a certain quantum of muscular strain is genetic and hormonal.
Also /fit/ not doing cardio stems from them being mostly gym rats lifting for looks.

I just do some stuff at home. I can't afford gym so I usually go on youtube and find some exercises that can keep me on shape, and I have a little routine with them, which I'm procrastinating doing right now.

What do you eat, typically?

Choose one.

On another note, I think the bodybuilding crowd is ripe for us. They all start out skinny and very few ever get those massive arms and six packs without roids. I've dropped some straight up truth bombs on a couple of gym noobs about protein being crap and being falsely marketed and meat is better. How capitalism is making them inadequate. Who decided they needed six packs and huge muscles? A generation ago if you were slightly muscular you were ok.

One of them started reading the Communist Manifesto yesterday and the other promised he would when he had more time.

Used to play a lot of sports. Lost interest as I've got older but I'm still healthy

Zero interest in becoming some roidmonkey

I'm broke now, so muesli and protein powder mostly with cheap snacks (store brand cookies, sweets etc), peanuts, dried fruit, milk, vitamin pills and fish oil.

I never drink fruit juice or sugary soda, it feels like taking an insulin shot.

But in general to maintain weight I eat 14-15Xbodyweight in lbs for daily calories, 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight and at least 18g of fibre a day.

I have a cousin in the army rangers who isnt as fit as me…

Im literally just waiting for the proletariat to organize and rise up and seize the means of production from the corrupt American bourgeoisie

Go hiking.

We had this thread yesterday and the OP of that one actually put effort into it.

Push/Pull+Legs 3 days a week.

Because good soldiers aren't highly metabolic slabs of beef that need relatively expensive high protein foods to maintain their bulky mass and unnecessary strength.

Complete bullshit. All that cortisol would kill your gains. You'd be 175ish maybe less with all that running.

Soy protein does work wonders..

Reported for trolling. Soy increases estrogen and harms gains which is based on testoterone.

Le ebin vegan leftist! Fuck off.

Starting Strengh or Strong Lifts, guys?

shit, because gyms are porky as fuck and my body is pretty crap in general.

Associating soy-based foods with femininity is an old staple of insecure anons. It's bullshit though.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106

Paleo or GTFO

Nah I've never tried haha I'm pretty scared of maxing out tbh. I get scared I'm gonna snibbety snab my shit up

And yeah theres something really cathartic about lifting a big weight over your head feels gud my man

You can do either they are quite similar but I personally found that stronglifts is friendlier for normie gyms due to the lack power cleans. If you can get away with it do starting strength but if not stronglifts is nearly as good plus it has a really great app. Either way you should read the Starting Strength book by Rippetoe it's like the Das kapital of lifting.

I already did… Do you know what calisthenics is?

Is he ever going to lose any weight lmao

why would he need to ??? this is what the ideal athlete looks like. you may not like it but Alex is ready for combat. you little twinks with your visible abs and low bf% have no chance against this powerful beast. the colloidal silver in super male vitality also gives him superhuman strength and mental acuity, Alex Jones is the most powerful human being alive and if he competed in the olympics he would take gold in every event

Yes fascists must not have monopoly on fitness.

I encourage everyone on this board to lift and do cardio if they can

I don't see deadlifts on here at all

This is now a lefty/fit/ thead
post gainz

seconding this advice, I'm a few weeks into Stronglifts and it's going well.

I have little to no motivation to do things beyond those which provide immediate reward. That's where I need help, as I'm actually interested in doing shit, just can't be arsed to get up and do them consistently.

Iktfb

Leftism in a nutshell.

I do 5 rep range stuff just joking with ya. Never done SS though, started with hypertrophy.

The mark of a true man is doing at least 1 thing he would rather not do each day and avoid 1 thing he would find pleasurable.
If you can do so little each day, you can do so much over time that might otherwise never happen if you had not worked hard.

You might want to brush up on some basic reading before making a fool of yourself again. Meat is primarily protein (and fat depending on the cut)

They're probably convinced that benchpress and bicep curls are the height of weight lifting. That could screw up a low level runners speed and stamina temporarily. However you must talk to them what cardiovascular means and explain how if they train all their muscles there is no possible way not to benefit the heart, lungs, and circulation system. Not to mention the ability of the body to actualize glycogen stores into ready energy and improving overall insulin sensitivity

Doesn't matter where you lift as long as you are able to challenge yourself and go to weights that give you failure below 12 reps once in a while.

not quite, do more research

you could literally go jogging in the park and do pullups on a branch and pushups at home

Not to mention that a fit body helps facilitate a fit mind.

What do you actually enjoy doing?
If you read a lot, try limiting yourself on reading until afte you do a workout. For resistance, 20 minutes 4 days a week can be a lot.
For cardio, 25 minutes of HIIT is moderate and 40 minutes of HIIT is heavy, 45/:15 for low intensity cardio.

I don't have any really heavy weights at home

Are bodyweight exercises ok? Currently 144lbs at 5'10"

That's why I said "once in a while".
You could do only body lifts for all things and have excellent condition. There is a very low chance that you can do more than 12 reps on all possible variations of bodyweight lifts for upperbody work.
Use some plastic jugs filled with water if you really can't find some weights or use logs/old tires/rocks in the outdoors.

Fitness is lame. Just by guns and armor until you're literally iron man

please get with reality

youtube.com/watch?v=ugQFfblCwgQ
Haters gonna hate.

Walk with my dog, mostly. I'm going to start doing push-ups and burpees but most of the time I'm too lazy. Just mainly working on walking/hiking since my dog and I are going to try for SAR.

I'm walking for hours when i can. I should do that while carrying a lot of stuff.

That's great and all, but try to carry a rifle and wearing armor during a whole day. With almost no interruption.
Seriously try that.

Or lift heavy things periodically.

Yeah. Calisthenics are fine, but you aren't going to get massive or anything. If you get good at it, you'll have pretty superb functional strength, which is what you want in a revolution anyway. It's hard though, and living weights is (imo) a better time.

How are you enjoying being 15?

youtube.com/watch?v=aT0Qi1jblDw

I work in one of the hardest labour jobs in the world

But it's seasonal so right now I have a gut

Being fit should be important to anyone that wants to stand up before LARPers and scrawny antifa edgelords and show them what a fighter looks like

Eat less calorie dense food in your off time and/or increase your workout volume.

Friendly reminder

For one the kid didn't eat well enough.
Another thing is that with only an added set of the compound exercises and proper periodization that wouldn't be the worst workout (that is still followed seriously) that one could do.

That's why you need to get an exoskeleton first, fam.
Seriously tho, fitness is a spook.
You literally can't prove me wrong on this.

It's beer's fault tbh

if you cant give up that then it will cause you these issues
still, calorie control is important

Depends, turning into BEAT PUNCHBEEF is silly, but basic fitness improves your health. That's the opposite of a spook tbh.

Sick of this twisted world.
Change begins inside me.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEC6iOf4LiE

youtube.com/watch?v=eUgL8KM4V_M

Grappling martial arts are best for subduing one target, and additionally it is less likely to result in serious injury to your opponent, which could result in you being arrested. It should be noted that if you are ever attacked by multiple people:
* Your first priority should be to escape, even experienced martial artists are at risk fighting 2 or more opponents willing to do serious harm to you, real life is not a martial arts movie, do not push your luck.
* Do your best to position yourself so that your attackers are in a line stretching out from you, this makes it harder for them to attack you simultaneously, and should you become embroiled with one person you have them as a shield between you and others, makes it hard for them to rush at you or tackle you and gives you more time to escape.
* If you must fight back do not grapple or get locked up and distracted by an individual, use concise brutal strikes to deter and injure the individual and keep distance. The worst thing you can possibly do is let multiple people grab you or get close to you at once.

Is MMA good? I'm relatively /fit/, but want to take fighting lessons so I can handle myself.

It's good but extremely expensive usually. Do boxing(cheapest and all that's really needed), kickboxing, BJJ, or catch wrestling if you can find it.

Only do MMA if you want to fight people in the ring

No, you'll be fooled by McDojos

Go for judo, bjj, boxing or wrestling

What about Muay Thai or Krav Maga? Are they memes?

Oh also muay Thai and judo

Don't take kungfu, karate, taekwondo, wing chun etc. Waste of money

The memiest martial art surpassed only by wing chun

All martial arts schools are memes.
You use a weapon if you need to defend your life, learn it. Otherwise you stay safe and hit in the throat and behind the knees then run.

I don't see the point in not learning to defend myself with my hands. Am I better off just lifting and doing cardio?

You won't learn to defend yourself. You will only spend money on pretend fighting. Having good strength for quick hits and good cardiovascular for escape is ideal. A single attacker must be disabled, this is not a martial arts movie you hit as hard as you can and end it. Multiple attackers must be evaded.

I suck at punching, that's my issue.

How do you suck as punching? Are you just physically weak or do you throw shitty windmill punches?

The latter. I'm the personal trainer user from earlier in the thread. I never had a brother and never got into fights when I was younger cause I was more of a meek kid, so I don't really know how to punch properly. I just swing really sloppy punches, I always assumed that if I ever got into a fight I would just try and take the guy down.

If it matters to you then study proper punching form online or in books and get some kind of target you can hit. A hanging punching bag is a bad target because it will swing after you punch it and need to be stabilised.

A punch should start with your foot, move up through your leg and hip, then through your shoulder, down your arm and into some cunt's face. Throwing decent punches for 2 minutes should leave you panting because every one should have the full force of your body behind it. Your fist and wrist should be in line with your arm, your wrist should not curl, a punch is like a battering ram not a hammer blow, it is direct driving force, it is not powered by angular momentum. Do not clench your fist hard, it will only tighten up the muscles and tendons in your arm and weaken your punch. You should aim to contact the target with the two large knuckles of your middle and index fingers. These are larger and less susceptible to damage than the knuckles of your ring and little finger. Aiming to strike with two knuckles also decreases the area the force of your punch is spread over, producing greater pain and damage to the area you strike.

If you punch a person the four primary targets should be the nose/philtrum, the solar plexus, the floating ribs or the groin (by groin I mean pelvis, not their junk). Being struck in any of these areas is painful and debilitating, furthermore, none of them are hard, bony or likely to result in the death of your opponent unless they fall over. Attempting to punch people in the jaw or cheek can result in you both breaking skin due to bone on bone contact, the other guy could have god knows what in his blood, you don't want that shit. On top of this in a contest of finger bone vs jawbone guess which one is likely to break first.

Thanks for the advice. I really don't give a shit about doing fancy kicks, I just want to know how to punch. My friends who want to take MMA with me are utterly perplexed by me wanting to own a gun, so I guess that says a lot.

Kicks should be avoided unless they are low, quick kicks to the knee or groin, and even then these are secondary to punching. They compromise your balance and if someone manages to grab your leg you can be forced to ground and could easily hit your head if you are unable to breakfall correctly, or even if you can there could be obstacles such as a kerb which you might not be aware of.

fights should be avoided altogether

100% mirin

What are some good bodyweight programs? Most seem to be meme workouts.

The fuck did I have the nazi flag for?

Why not get fit the good old-fashioned East bloc way?

fuck self-improvment. go meet with other people. be organized. you will be the strongest at the end of the day.

do max-workout.
-push-up till u cant. 20 sec break. till u can't. 20 sec break. till u can't… untill u literally can't make a 1 push-up.

chin-up: same principal. and you can check the defferent variations of push up and chin ups.

for legs: squad, wall sit. till u can't.

my advice: just relax and have fun. fuck health.