Proper TOTAL WAR THREAD

Last one had a shitty picture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DEVaoYdTCDA
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/704361604/152391285459985537/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=DEVaoYdTCDA

Also Legend of Total Chad Edition!

DAMN, Legend looks like THAT?!

fucking burgers you are all asleep now

I am going to repost this at 8pm

The Lord of the Rings mod for medieval 2 keeps getting errors during battles and it feels like I've tried damn near everything. Is there any way to make it less of an unstable piece of shit?

I've installed the two parts of 3.0 and then installed the 3.2 patch over that.

why was Rome TW so good?

verify your medieval folder, then reinstall, sounds like didn't install right

Lots of people leading the development rather than just a single guy.

Atilla worth pirating?

But Medieval is considered to be the better game, user.

Rome 1 doesn't have trebuchets.

THIS LAND IS NOW ROMAN!

It's the "What Rome 2 Should Have Been", and it's not like there are any other Total War set on 400 AD or when Charlemagne reigns. If you're still not satisfied, Mods Will Fix It(TM)..

Remember that one time The History Channel used Rome Total War for a series of documentaries?

Yes. Attila is generally much more polished and Charlemagne is the closest you'll get to Viking Invasion 2.0.

Also Total War Warhammer is a good game. Deal with it.

Also you should check out the Steel Faith mod because it is fantastic and much less retarded than Radious':
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/704361604/152391285459985537/

I used to love the History Channel back when it was about history.

A person would only believe this if they've never played the good Total War games. This is all relative. You would only mistake the warscape games as "good" if you have nothing to compare them with.

What makes Total War's gameplay good?

I've played TW since Shogun 1, my cynical friend. I like Medieval 1 more than Rome 1.

TW:W fixed almost all of the issues with Rome 2 or at least made them much less annoying and visible. It's a better game Than R2 or Attila or even SH2.

It's a shitty low quality 4x game that only serves as a delivery method for a pretty cool RTS game.

you can also skip the low quality 4x and do battles against semi-random ai armies equal to your army power or set up what the ai army will use yourself

played tons of rome total war and medieval 2. i think your nostalgia is too thick to realize they have their own faults that would make you prefer others depending on taste
blah blah shit on plate meme

The most offensive part of it is the DLC scheme and the siege battles

Agreed, although the DLC factions are hardly relevant. Was anybody really looking forward to tree niggers?

Not saying much.

They do have their own faults which were fixed with free mods. And modded Rome and Medeival provide a much more enjoyable experience than any of the warscape games. If you enjoy Total War, wouldn't you want to play the absolute best version of that game? What kind of "taste" would lead you do see the warscape games as preferable? They market hype surrounding them? The fact that EVERYONE is playing them and you can follow a wide variety of faggy youtubers? Gameplay-wise, they have nothing on the older Total War games, even if you're playing vanilla. It just makes no sense why you'd choose inherently inferior games and then troll with "muh nostalgia goggles" meme when you can simply go to reddit where everyone likes to be consumed by marketing hype and ignore the fact that they are playing watered-down corporate abortions of a series that should have been put out of its misery a decade ago.

No, and supposedly they're completely fucked as far as being a viable faction with their special resource and archers that aren't better than other factions

each total war game is unique. maybe i want to use guns which non-warscape can't do worth shit. maybe i want to use boats which non-warscape games cant do for shit. maybe i want to see better animations and have my units have visible power to make other units go flying which older total war games only achieve through mods of varying quality. assuming all warscape games are the same is retarded too because bugs in one warscape game are fixed in later ones

Take of the nostalgia goggles. Then again, who cares, you aint gonna play the game as long as it isn't cracked.

playing on legendary and declaring war on everyone turn 1

Legend is a Total CHAD and plays his games on MAXIMUM difficulty!

nightly reminder that Legend is CHAD

What other great mods there are to Med:TW2 other than Stainless Steel?

I really want to play again but maybe for once, just fucking once i'd try something different.

Any mods to expand the Kingdoms:expansion campaigns? I used to like the Conquistadors/Aztecs campaign a lot.

I've heard the LoTR mod was good, if you're into that. There was a TES mod in the works a while back, too, but I don't think it ever got finished. Its a shame, I wanted to gas the n'wahs. Europa Barbarorum II is the sequel to the original EB for Rome I and its progressing pretty rapidly. Good if you like historical autism and prefer Med II's gameplay over Rome. Theres also a Warhammer Fantasy mod. Other than that, I don't know too much about MedII mods.

Those graphics still look decent too

As a fan of giant trees murderfucking anything that walks into their yard I'm pretty happy with wood elves. Grand Campaign is difficult but not impossible unless you are terrible. They just up'd the range/dmg and lowered costs on most of the elf archers so if you can't win with them now it's a player issue not a game one.
While I'm around, Total Warhammer is great if you like warhammer fantasy, but I wouldn't suggest anyone else pick it up until on deep sale. Still find it funny I'm seeing renewed interest in WH:Fantasy thanks to this game and GW is still riding the shitstorm that is Age of Sigmar.

I have no fucking clue what GW was thinking, they killed Fantasy then proceeded to lease a bunch of Fantasy games
They're legitimately insane

Third Age Total War
Europa Barborum 2

I was enjoying EB2 thoroughly about 6 months ago.