Witcher 3

Why some people on Holla Forums consider this game a masterpiece? I mean, its literally like skyrim, but with cinematic dialogues, but in everything else its an empty hole of a world, with nothing interesting to gain through exploration, only by proceeding straight to the next quest. Its unrewarding as fuck. Want to challange yourself and slay cool beast? Get fucked, loot from it can only be worn after you get leveled up 10 levels, and you don't even receive full experience for things above your level.
Fucking potions can be crafted on the fly, but their ingredients are plain and limited, and yet you literally MUST use potions to defeat beasts like werewolves or else they get fucking immortal with constant health regeneration. Combat ai of enemies is fucking stupid and constantly getting close to my spells, i only need to dodge shit and don't forget to mash left mouse button and Q in right order, and that's on blood and bones difficulty. Crossbow is fucking retarded and in most cases only usefull to slow down time, rather than actually deal damage. Took 12 shots to kill one fucking deer.
I really don't know if its get better after Novigrad. I just started playing and judge maybe too harsh, but it doesn't seem fun at all. At some point you start seeying same faces on people, and notice same animation used everywhere. Its not really that well made even in that part.
Should i drop or force myself through it? I don't even like the main character, he's as soulless as a fucking rock, speaking with same tone over and over again, pretending to be solid snake.

nigger

Dubs thread?

Dubs thread.

Nigger you best be playing on Death March or you're a straight up bitch.

(checked)
Witcher contracts, gear, places of power, side quests and running into high level monsters for the challange.

Rest of your points are just as retarded, learn to have fun you fucking sperg.

must be an amazing live, feeding of german autismbux to spend 24/7 on Holla Forums to defend every slav game

So do you call those who defend garbage like Overcuck and its ilk shills too, if they like it?

Except for the good writing, the interesting characters, the intriguing side quests, and the choices that actually affect things.

So Witcher gear, experience points, loot, numerous sidequests, journals, special enemies, unlocking new towns, etc. None of that counts?

This has been in RPGs since forever. It's a balance thing, if you hate it that much you can mod it out but I never found myself butthurt that I couldn't slap on a new shirt without leveling up first.

Or you could not suck at the game. You proceed to talk about how shit the combat AI is so how you're struggling with werewolves is surprising to me since I played on Blood and Bones and never had trouble with them, and that was without potions. Still, even then, you're a Witcher. Crafting potions to help you fight beasts is something you're kind of meant to do, faggot.

Fuck you faggot, grumpy grandpa Geralt is the king of sarcasm and a solid protagonist. Especially as far as RPGs are concerned, he's got a lot of personality, it's one of the best parts of the game.

He's gravelly, but he's not monotone.

I think you're just a retard, OP, sorry to say. The game's not 10/10 but it's a damn good RPG and plenty enjoyable if those are your thing.

What's more pathetic? The weeb who feels the compulsion to felate himself on an autistic imageboard by shitposting about his 'elevated' taste or the guys who tried to explain why they enjoyed the thing the thread's about?

forever September.

They forgot the "game" part of "videogame"

Then it's not literally Skyrim.

The only thing people on Holla Forums get wrong about the Witcher 3 is their insistence that Yen is an ugly bitch and that Triss is the ultimate waifu.

The trail is pretty unnoticeable and I've gotten lost on more than one occasion because of it. It's not like it's Fable-tier and it only pops up on occasion when smell is involved.
Though I think the point is moot because, like the picture states, it's not just Witcher 3, it's modern RPGs.

No one thinks that. All the shitposting and countershitposting shitposting aside, the general consensus is that it's better than most AAA modern RPG's but is still just an okay game at it's best, mediocre at it's worst. Take your shitposting and leave.

Deers are instant kill from crossbows you lying shit

The women in this game are ridiculously sexy. And I can't see any real reason to hate Yennifer.

I'm glad to see these posts. I really am.

I could agree with that.
They even gave you the option to fuck the most important one.

witcher women all look the sameā€¦
just different hair cuts

Your posting is shit.

Shame they're all duplicitous whores.

Shame Geralt can't romance her.

The Witcher is, and always has been shit.

tw1 was ok

She's a bitch of a person. Arrogant and sleeps around way too much. She treats Geralt as a means to an end, a tool, and treats their romance as a hindrance. I still prefer her over than savage cunt Triss, though. They're both fairly shit people, so is Keira. There's no real good romance option in Witcher 3, but with that said I've not seen the DLC with Shani.

No, it blows nigger willies.

I don't see anything severely wrong with Keira.

You faggots are starting to get too obnoxious.

So does your mother you you still care for her.

Hell naw Kurwa kill yo self

A bunch of treasonous murderers who deserve to be burned at the stake, the lot of them. Even that faggot Triss. ESPECIALLY that faggot Triss.

Nah, we just don't take kindly to your Reddit meme games.
Somebody post that image where all the normalfags raving about Witcher 3 being th ebest game since Skyrim.

I bet TW3 was made by real life cucks. It's even worse than bioware games.

w3's main flaw was it's combat, though even that was leagues better than skyrim's or other similar shiite. Other than that it had great story, lore, exploration, general feel was pretty spot on.

Buying a map and following a chain of notes on a treasure hunt to diagrams just to craft good gear was pretty engaging.

I have read one of the DLCs is tumblr tier? truth?

It's okay, betaboy, you are allowed to use insults against the female gender here.

It's top shit user. The whole quest-line is great, and Shani is truly loveable in it. Heart of Stone has some of the best writing gaming has seen in a looong time.

Webm related because Yennefer is a cock-slurping cum-gargling whore.

disgusting

(checked)
The "tumblr" nonsense is something Holla Forums blew way out of proportion (shocking I know). There's a scene where you fight a female knight and Geralt makes a "current century" comment. And at some point he calls someone a cuck.

Only if you pay attention to it taken out of context in witcher 3 shitbaiting. All things considered it seems to make more fun of things that it does pick a side.of anything. People whine about the line 'it's the 14th century' in regards to what women can do in the Witcher world but tend to forget NPC's casually talk about whether they should beat their wives or not. Hell you can be sympathetic towards a man that beat his wife into miscarriage and let Triss get tortured by Witch Hunters. It's pretty clearly a joke, but like I said; shitposting. It's just one of those games on Holla Forums that relegated to continuous shitposting.

So, you're a retard?

And here's definitely one right here.

I'm glad it is. Shani looks top hot in it. Something about them longsocks man, I dunno.

She's hot, despite being a cunt of a person. There are mods that make her look as disgusting on the outside as she is on the inside, though.

No, I just hate shitty games.

You are.

nah

nah

All this bait is ridiculous.

There's no bait. The Witcher sucks.

nah

Is it possible to insult the Brienne knockoff? Or at least not give her verbal cunnilingus for her bravery in [current year]?

pls

I would snu the hell out of Gwendoline Christie.

Holy shit, I've never actually seen this scene before. The 'WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA' at the end is such a cherry on top

I hate Ubisoft tier loot caches everywhere. And I dislike how I can't enter each house everywhere. It's also not first person, which matter a lot, no matter what shitposters who don't play Skyrim say. So, no it's not like Skyrim.
It does have TES tier world building and exploration just for how great and natural everything looks is worth it. This makes me wish it was more like a TES game, but the way it's now is great.

I'm not a big fan of the progression system or combat, but both are solid enough. Just not my thing.
Hearts of Stone has some best RPG vidya writing since Mask of the Betrayer.

That's some mighty high praise. I might actually have to pirate it out.

Are you shitting me? Who thinks this is a masterpiece?

And it's totally unwarranted.

Its fun and well written, apart from the last act of the main quest. HoS and B&W are top tier as well. Makes me wish if/when they return to the Witcher world, they just the game comprised of 10 HoS sized questlines in different parts of the world.

All the women in the game are awful people who manipulate you for their own purposes and try to manipulate your retarded elf loving slut of a daughter

It's because the witcher works way better as self contained stories. The best book was the one that was only a series of short stories
It's also why the Witcher 1 which was more "short story" like than 3 was the best game

the biggest issue with the game is the downgrades and casualization, especially with regards to alchemy and leveled loot/enemies
Another huge issue is the fact that you don't try and kill Phillipia on sight
Radovid did nothing wrong, only elf lovers say otherwise

She was a dyke in the books faggot.

Then call her a dyke and not a faggot, faggot.

Make me, you cunt.

But user what about enslaved elves?
Surely they deserve the right to exist?

I was calling that meme shit for a reason. Hopefully no fa/tg/uys get triggered.

Why? You're free to remain a butthurt beta.

No one on Holla Forums considers this a masterpiece you mongoloid, kill yourself.
It's just merely an above average AAA game.

tw3 is like barbie game for boys. look at all those people posting geralt expressions and naked screenshots. le alpha male, le smilling, le cool face, le muscular body. disgusting.

And you're free to remain a babydick faggot who shitposts. And I'm free to not notice you're kind anymore.

Whatever you say, betaboy.

You should stop already, it's getting embarrassing to watch.

I'm right

Alright, alright. I literally just finished the game a few days ago and I kind of agree with OP. I played on death march and used alchemy twice the whole game. Also, the skill trees and level design are a fucking joke. Getting an extra 3% damage off quick attacks is fucking pointless. I want to build a character, not simply recieve random stat boosts. Monsters dont give you XP so its not worth fighting them. Speaking of the combat, it basically plays like a clunky dark souls. Most quests are you just talking to people and walking around. Whether Ciri dies or not depends on five dialog choices in a fucking fourty hour game. Just really wasnt fun I was bored as shit.

On the bright side, the game looks beautiful and the voice acting is brety gud. But play Dark Souls/System Shock/Divinity OS/Wasteland instead.

Shit really?
Did they finally add continuity in witcher 3 for people that played the UNPOPULAR route in witcher 2? That was the only reason I didnt pirate the game, those lazy devs wasted thier time remaking the game playable in consoles and shit on pc instead of writing the story for 2 routes.

Yeah, if I recall correctly they including choosing to have a fucking snowball fight with ciri, not walking in on the lodge meeting, and letting her flip some tables at one point.

you must be REALLY dumb or underage to enjoy this game.

Nope
Never happened :^) There was only one possible option to take in 2 user

The two dlcs were good while the base game was mediocre at best except for a few quests.
Its not a bad RPG just not an amazing one

it's not even rpg

Even the choices you made on popular route don't matter lad

is english not your first language?

fine an action adventure if you don't count roleplaying as geralt roleplaying

its skyrim made by slavs and without character customization

That's basically what that whole tacked on third area of the main game was. Not-Skyrim.

You listen here, dubs. These games have always been shit. They're basically less shitty Bioware games, if that is even somehow possible. The combat has always been shit, these games are about the story, and you may as well read the fucking books if you want that. Even so I'd rather play Witcher than the filth that is Mast Erect Androgynous and Dragon Age Cisquisition.

god fucking damn Holla Forums please kill yourselves if you like this garbage. none of the witcher games are good.

About Geralt being soulless, aren't witchers supposed to be emotionally stunted because they get injected with some sort of retard juice that also lets them use toxic potions without dying?

who cares about the retarded story in these shitty games

Gee why is it so easy?

he showed he is playing on the highest difficulty at the end you retard, stop defending shitty games.

The story in Witcher games does have more weight than average. It's like saying who cares about the story in Planescape Torment.

panzer dragoon saga has a better story than any witcher game and planet escape torrent has some of the worst game play in the history of the industry making it a worthless game.

Excluding the quality of the writing (which is still mediocre btw), animations, and graphics, it's miles worse than Skyrim in every regard. So, so much worse. I get why people bash Skyrim, but if afterwards they praise Witcher 3, they're the maximum pleb.

That bad?

(nice dubs)
Bullshit that's the hardest difficulty. That nigger is supposed to teleport and spawn minions

Most mechanics are retarded, the second game did gameplay better by far. Skills are useless and I did the entire game on the max diffictuly (whatever it was called) without putting a lot of thought into what skills I was using, no potions, bombs, crossbow. Gameplay isnt the forte on these kind of games anyway (me1 gameplay wasnt anything special or too enjoyable) but in this case it's flawed, either you like sword dancing as geralt, or you dont play the game

The main campaign is weak at some parts too. From a book reader and having played the other 2 games, it's not too interesting half of the time. Most of the game's enjoyment comes from main quest missions that have nothing to do with the original purpose (basically everything in between magic alien elves, mostly because they were really, really underwhelming considering they are an ancient masterrace) and optional content. Hell the game truly shines with the optional missions or encounters you find just by walking around
And this moments

That's the main campaign though, the two expansions are a hundred times better and probably what most people refer to when they call the game a masterpiece
Why play The Witcher, seriously

b-but it's her fated love n shit

Seriously though of all the manipualtive cunts around Geralt, she's the only one that looked like she cared about Geralt while using him

No, that's just a peasant myth, it's shown on any game or book all witchers are humans

Jesus fucking crhist

look at the fucking options menu you twit, he shows it at the end of the video. The witcher 3 is a shit game.

no u

the boss bugged out for him

The problem with the second game is that the intro level is the hardest in the game, it only gets easier from there on.

And that the plot is some dumb shit no one cares about, including Geralt. Except he does for some reason

At that point I said "Is OP fuckin retarded?" & stopped reading.
(ditto)