I recently got one of these. I haven't had a Nintendo console since the N64 and I feel I have missed a lot

I recently got one of these. I haven't had a Nintendo console since the N64 and I feel I have missed a lot.

I got 4 games with it: Mario Karti Wii, Galaxy 1 and Twilight Princess.

Give me your best recommendations, anons. Thanks in advance.

What's the fourth game?

Wii Fit. I didn't include it because I will never play it.

Get a Gamecube controller and pirate GC games.

You could have just emulated it for free user.

I like owning the physical media as much as I can.

I was about to tell you to softmod it but I suppose that's out of the question. Anyway here are a few recommendations:

Red Steel 2
Zelda SS
Go Vacation
Galaxy 2
Okami
Xenoblade Chronicles
Donkey Kong Country Returns
No More Heroes 1/2
Sonic Colors
Wii Sports Resort
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

I suggest playing through your games one by one before making new purchases, or you will be jaded too quickly.

Wii Fit is amusing and fun if you're buying what it's selling.

Madworld is a great beat-em-up and is one of the few games of its kind.

No More Heroes is a classic and one of the best titles of its generation.

Xenoblade is, in my opinion, a timeless epic. The scale of this game is huge and nearly everything about it is perfect if you enjoy JRPGs.

Pandora's tower is another one I enjoyed. Fight demons in the tower for your waifu. The combat is fun and there are a couple of twists along the way.

Finally, the Last Story is a great, if not somewhat flawed title. Like most Wii games I've mentioned here, it offers a unique experience you can't find on other consoles of its generation.

Enjoy your Wii, OP. Despite the waggle memes, there are some great titles for it. A wii + homebrew also makes for a great emulator box, especially when you pirate VC content. However, be aware that not all VC emulation is perfect, though it is never gamebreaking and often not noticeable if you're not looking for it.

Hack it and load games from an external HDD. You literally have no excuse not to do this.

Nigger, you could have gotten the entire Wii library + like 10 more pretty gud good games, but instead you got a console from 2007 with nothing but gimmicky Ubisoft shovelware.

This and he didn't even missed anything

Thanks man, this is exactly what I needed. I will try to get as much of those as possible.

I might mod it in the future but I still want to own the games. Thanks for the suggestions user.

Still a work in progress as I don't see that many Wii threads these days to get user input from (and I'm still trying to work out how to best consistently represent digital-only WiiWare titles on it), but this might be of use.

Well, it's not as if most Wii games are expensive these days, though there's a few like Xenoblade Chronicles that were still about $50 or so preowned last I checked (and that's post reprint; for a while it was $100+ used). I will say that if you ever have mind to play Arc Rise Fantasia, it's best to do digitally with the fanmade undub, as the official dub is horrendous due to Ignition only setting aside a shoestring budget for English voicing (and for a 2010 localization, it has no right to sound as awful as it does in English).

Put Nintendont on it and dig into the GCN's library. There are also great emulators and VC releases of older system's games.

Softmod it anyway.
then you can back up your disks and avoid damaging them in the long run.

Plus it's good for emulating point and clicks

Point and clicks on the Wii U Gamepad doesn't sound too bad though

I was honestly a bit surprised to have found out that Spy Fox and Pajama Sam saw Wii ports. I mean, it's not that they don't fit well, just that those titles were pretty old. Not even sure if Humongous Entertainment was still around by that point.

SCUMM emulator uses the Info Red controls.
Its pretty comfy on a large TV.

Touchpad are harder to emulate mouse with since it isn't as easy to distinguish between moving the cursor and clicking down.

They still area, apparently.

Huh, could have sworn I'd heard they'd had to sell off their franchises a while back. When was that compilation pack added?

Wii Fit is one of the best games on the console, not even joking about this. play it