There is literally no excuse for consoles shooters to still be using analog sticks for game considering

There is literally no excuse for consoles shooters to still be using analog sticks for game considering

Meme all you want gabe nobody will buy a steam controller.

This (note: it's actually gyroscope + sticks) I do think more games should copy. Not as good as a KB+M but it's a far superior control scheme to sticks alone.
Have you played any of these games? Uncomfortable as shit and you either need another secondary aiming option or rely on moving the cursor to the sides of the screen like a fucking RTS.
I can understand why would leave support for this out of multiplayer FPS games, otherwise the KB+M players would wipe the floor with everyone else.

They're called light gun games and they control beautifully

Let them. People who use sticks generally have the advantage to people who use controllers. The better control scheme should always be rewarded and available. It would be like forcing everyone to play with a driving wheel.

This.

Light gun games are on rails, and don't feature 360° rotation.
We're talking about games like Metroid Prime 3 and Conduit.

You know what we're talking about.

?????????
I feel you but if the normalfags wanted to hook up a keyboard and mouse and set up a desk they'd play on PC. They're not gonna stop playing if they get schooled by KB+M players and realize what's going on, they'd just stop buying shooters.

I meant
Most aren't gonna switch to KB+M if they get schooled by KB+M players and realize what's going on, they'd just stop playing and buying shooters.

What's with the sudden influx of shitty Nintendo threads?

Not all of them, dumbass.

Elebits had it pretty good, since it sort of used tank controls until you started firing.

New console soon dumbass.

Who needs a Steam controller when you just need some kind of compatibility with XInput or the like? not to mention just a common USB mouse.

You can get a USB KB+M combo for less than 20 bucks.

So is it confirmed yet if the Switch has gyro controls or not? That will literally determine if I buy splatoon for it.

Except this applies to all consoles since all consoles have the ability to support these options.options.

Fuck, meant Gyro over stick.

You actually use the gyroscope? Fuck that, I like my analog.

The Wii U Gyroscope is actually great for Splatoon, but yeah, you still need that left stick to walk around. Haven't played Star Fox Zero but I know people are mixed on it.

The problem is, for all the shit we rightly give Nintendo, their controller gimmick is actually really high quality. Even the WiiMote Plus on an HD game works the way I always wanted it to - but because thr SD Wii was fucking terrible at it I don't think it got used outside of that Nintendoland tech demo.

Sony's Six Axis would control like shit because it was always a cheap gimmick, not a key part of the pad design, and doing a proper Gyroscope would mean increasing the cost of the controller and potentially needing to adjust size, weight and so on - doable, considering the fucktarded "Pro" Xbone with paddles, but probably not appreciated enough by anyone to be a selling point.

TLDR; OP is a correct, but outside of the suckers who own a Wii U nobody knows or cares enough to match it.

Nobody likes your shitty cafeteria tray controller, Iwata.

I do.

You don't matter.

Why?

Is Nintendo aware of WHY Splatoon was a fun game or will they ruin it in future releases not I'll ever know, fuck dogtroller tablet

Gyro aided aiming is the logical next step for console fps, Splatoon has no aim assist yet you still get people making skillful shots, not anywhere near as skillful as PC games, but an improvement over current console games.

I hope the Switch pro controller has a gyro in it.

Nintendo itself probably isn't but the younger devs who made it probably are. The younger devs have been making good inways lately, apparently the reason why the Switch is the best looking Nintendo device in terms of hardware in over a decade is because the younger generation got to head it up.

you want something to worry about? i heard that it was kind of a hands off project regarding nintendos higher ups. they didnt have much faith in it and werent super interested in the development, so it was kind of like a secret project by new people in the company. i think they also got mad mario wasnt shoehorned in.
they may meddle with it in the future, or maybe it was a good wakeup call for them and theyll let the people who know what theyre doing continue what theyre doing.

Smart money is on this
Something that's literally never happened.
I am predicting the next gen to be a HUGE 180 u-turn from the signs of healing and improvement we saw in Nintendo during the Wii U.
Splatoon is going to get fucked. You heard it here first.

RIGS is a game that nobody has played because it's stuck on PSVR, but it actually does this (for large movements you turn your mech with the stick, for fine aiming you move your head). I've only played a couple rounds of it and while it didn't feel as good as Splatoon (I'm pretty sure it has aim assist, which is fucking infuriating since it should be unnecessary with that scheme) it's a definite step up from stick-only console shooters.

Ha

Pretty sure it was miyamoto himself who said mario shouldn't be in splatoon

The steam controller which cost less than the ps4 controller has a gyroscope as good as the wiiu controller and people say it's far better to use the gyro for aiming than with an analog stick.

The ones that have movement still use limited amounts of it. It's not the same as actually moving around freely, dumbass

The fuck is gyroscope aiming? I've not used a controller in more than a decade and a half.

A better way to aim.
You move the controller side to side to aim rather than with the analog.

Download a racing game on your android device and see for yourself
Though the gyro aiming in Splatoon is way more refined.

Like rotating the screen on a smartphone?

What a shit way to describe gyroscope aiming.
It's not entirely moving the controller, you do broad movements with the stick still, so if you need to turn around quickly you can still use the stick. It allows quick and accurate movements.

Funnily enough it does actually allow for finer and quicker movement than is possible with analog sticks. Those things are terrible for first-person aiming without the sort of crutches you find in Metroid Prime.

Motion control like in splatoon works best when it's in tandem with a right analogue stick. But I'll agree, I find it stupid more games haven't picked it up.

Wiimote IR is no better than a mouse, if not worse. Wii Motion plus control works a lot better as long as the player has a way to recenter the pointer at any time.
and no, pointing at the censor bar to recent it isn't convenient. just use a button.
And since it's still slower than Splatoon, it only really works for adventure games.

Keyboard and mouse were designed for desks. there are work arounds for those problems, but at that point you might as well just play on a desktop anyway.

Why aren't they selling proprietary keyboards anyway?

I pity you

They have a formula and they are going to stick to it.