So have mods fixed Minecraft and made it playable yet?

So have mods fixed Minecraft and made it playable yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

classicube.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

depends, how many Modpacks?

It was playable a long time ago. But not anymore.

Better question, were there ever mods that remove the hunger system? That was the worst part ever.

If by playable you mean performance, then they'll do the opposite.

If by playable you mean good content, they'll also do the opposite unless you hand pick obscure mods that literally no minecraft player will use because the mod doesn't add it's own variation of 17x ore furnace and jetpacks and infinite storage and unbreakable tools.

Minecrafts over old man, shits have a decade old. kids moved on, find your pederast preying grounds elsewhere.

really?

What are you, a fucking casual?

No, play minetest faggot.

So have mods fixed Minetest and made it playable yet?

You can't fix that piece of shit with mods

You need a time machine and go back and punch Notch in the cunt for that to happen.

It used to be playable.

Terrafirmacraft :^)

I mean, it all depends on what you want, for exploring random dead servers, minecrift can be kinda cool but that means you gotta have shelled out for the memevision.

It was playable back when people just had vanilla servers and made giant tree mansions and didn't ban the flint and steel.

Good times, I remember burning whole cities to the ground that way.

Yes.

I'd love to play a version of that game that played more like the original dragon quest.

Bigger aspect on survival- The only barrier from reaching the next town is how deadly the monsters are, and risking it early is rewarding.
Tutorial info is given by villagers you actively have to seek out, and parsed out 2 sentences at a time.

Pirate Dragon Quest Builders. It's literally everything Minecraft has been trying to be for what feels like a decade.

Whats there to act hardcore about, its fucking minecraft. Its the most pointless feature added because its just a ticking clock element, the basic health system worked fine before.

Additionally, Food and other survival meters are a fucking malignant cancer on crafting/survival games, because they tick way too fast and make it so 90% of your gameplay becomes frantically searching for food instead of doing anything fun.

Just go kill some pigs and make a little farm.
By the time you have leather to make a fully functional enchantment table you're swimming in beef. If you need quick healing you better start making potions.
However, food is broken now anyways.
It used to be a shitty regen system because it only provides regen at maximim hunger bar, instead of a scaling regeneration based on the bar. But now, not only that, but when you max out your bar you get almost instant healing. So it's easy healing + hunger bar, literally worst of both worlds.

I didn't see the problem with it in Meinkraft. It was easy as fuck to get food and feed yourself, while making it impossible to pump yourself full of health if you're near death.

It's almost like he has no idea what he's talking, but wants to say a bunch of words, so he just said some random bullshit

It was playable before the Hunger update. If you play it just as Redstone makes its appearance then it's maximum comfy. I will say the nicest thing about the launcher is that you can select any version of the game you want. Including the Beta updates.

Recently I was messing around with it in creative, because I'm an autist and I like building shit. So I messed around with the command blocks to see what I can do.

don't you need a vita tv as well?

Remember Classic Flooding?

That video of the autist who spent hours digging tunnel networks on a server just to flood it is lost forever I think so here's the next best thing I could find

Remember classic music?

;_;7

C418 stopped being good after his One album. Also he's a swede so he might have probably been pretty cool 5 or 6 years ago. But I have no doubt that he's most likely a giant faggot today as most vidya musicians tend to be.

Also I remember My first world in early early Beta before Redstone was even a thing
And l remember losing it because the data was corrupt
I wish I had backed it up so bad

no, but you do need that stupid memory card.

I didn't think Vita hacking had made much progress, no CFW at least.

Yeah, you're pretty much right. He just does nothing but talk shit on Twitter nowadays.

let me fucking post already, god damn

I tried out the more recent update, it was fucking terrible.
Roguelike dungeons was updated, and I tried it out, and it was fucking impossible to get down 3 levels of the dungeon because once those 2 saturation points were gone, I was going to be raped to death regardless of armor or enchants, the only saving grace was having a shield, and that only goes so far when you have hordes of zombies trying to fuck your mouth while skeletons bukkake you with arrows. They may as well just remove the rest of the saturation points from the bar, because they're entirely superfluous at this point, cut it to 2 and get rid of starvation because you'll probably die of anal tearing before you can starve.
Yay for boats not breaking? Also pointless when you can enchant boots to walk on fucking water.
I'm finally making a fucking mod to add neat shit to the game that isn't just "furnace that magically sextuples ores!" or "not another set of magical indestructible armor!"

let me fucking post already, god damn

I tried out the more recent update, it was fucking terrible.
Roguelike dungeons was updated, and I tried it out, and it was fucking impossible to get down 3 levels of the dungeon because once those 2 saturation points were gone, I was going to be raped to death regardless of armor or enchants, the only saving grace was having a shield, and that only goes so far when you have hordes of zombies trying to fuck your mouth while skeletons bukkake you with arrows. They may as well just remove the rest of the saturation points from the bar, because they're entirely superfluous at this point, cut it to 2 and get rid of starvation because you'll probably die of anal tearing before you can starve.
Yay for boats not breaking? Also pointless when you can enchant boots to walk on fucking water.
I'm finally making a fucking mod to add neat shit to the game that isn't just "furnace that magically sextuples ores!" or "not another set of magical indestructible armor!"

for fucks sake, I've been trying to submit a post for the past 24 hours and now it double posts

"Mods will fix it" is one of the biggest misconceptions with modern games.

Mods can't fix fundamental problems or design that was made to be shit on purpose by devs.
Mods haven't "fixed" the Shadowrun games.
Mods haven't "fixed" Minecraft.
Mods haven't "fixed" Skyrim.

Mods simply increase the longevity of a game, for example Neverwinter Nights.

i've never played minecraft but the idea of this game makes me diamonds

in other words

they make a good game more fun to play

wew

he's also a massive SJW. Knows 5 guys personally

Power creep really fucked minecraft mods last i paid attention. Nobody wants to put any effort into anything, and every mod is the fucking same. "hue 20 mins into the game have some ore doublind and powered tools lmao" Anyone that tries to do anything different is mostly ignored so people just make the shit thats gonna get the most downloads

The devs already did that

What in the blue fuck are you talking about ?

I know it ended up being symptomatic of the broken design philosophy of mods both during and after it was being updated, but I fucking loved Equivalent Exchange, and I still occasionally load up a new world with it so I can grind up the progression tree. The tools and shit that it lets you build and play around with are just too much fun.

the modding scene is not that much different than it was a year or two ago. you dont see as many new unique things these days.
you know what i mean. its still about thaumcraft, blood magic, industrialcraft, etc. at least thaumcraft likes to reiterate itself constantly. its always a good time to jump in to minecraft if you like mining, farming and automation factories. sadly building is still the most under represented aspect. but theres some freshness on that front. chisel n bits is pretty awesome. essentially it lets you build custom decorations on a tiny grid within a single block. its been done before, but i think this is the best and most practical/user friendly example.

Yea, but the execution will make you fall asleep with boredom. It's first person Dwarf Fortress and you're the dwarf.

NWN wasn't exactly a good game but it had all the right tools. Bethesda touts how mod friendly their games are but the tools are shit.

The hunger system made me stop playing the game full-stop. It's the worst fucking feature I've ever seen in a game and it completely ruined Minecraft now that every fucking server uses it.

Enlighten us.

Did the fairy mod ever get updated? Or the Shanghai doll mod? I liked those ones.

Dude if you know how to mod I beg of you to make a mod that fixes the regen. You seem to know how broken it is right now.
Just remove the saturation regen as a whole and make the hunger based regen scale with the amount of hunger you have, full bar is vanilla hunger regen(non-saturation) then it gets lower until you can't run anyomre, then the regen stops.

Also make enchantments for the shields, there's no mods that do that and they really need some stuff like knockback, damage reflection, increased move speed while guarding, etc.

There's Little Maid mod.

Tried it, got bored, found myself wondering why people like this game so much.

I bet this faggot didn't even try to build a comfy house.

Wait until Thaumcraft gets updated to 1.10 and install it with Grimoire of Gaia.

not when the core game itself is bad

you can't even build a tower of duct tape when the foundation is made up of fucking sleet

Anyone still have the chancraft videos? Specifically the /a/ vs the entire server siege?

me too.
im not sure whats going on with the shanghai dolls since its a japanese mod. i wish brought over more of their mods, theres a lot of really nice ones, like apple milk tea which adds a ton of food and decorations.
i think the fairy mod is being worked on. there should be a 1.8.9 version but its not optimized as well as youd want. you can still handle a decent squad of fairies but if you wanted a huge village of them you might have to cut back on it a bit

I miss lava flood servers and all of that. I had good times on the old free version of minecraft on that.

It's pretty fun in a server with multiple people, because there's so many things that need to be taken care of and you can divide tasks between people.

In single player it's something between tedious and shit unless you have an exceptional case of autism.

That's exactly what happened. I still remember when industrialcraft was new, it did have ore doubling but generating power for free wasn't easy.

i honestly dont mind how every mod and their grandmothers have early game ore doubling, or some sort of rechargable tool. if youre playing with mods youre going to be eating through iron like its air.
the real power creep is automation. you got an automatic tree farm? youre in creative.

Suggest things you would want in a mod goys.
I want to code some mods for my portfolio but there arent many games that actually work on my shitty backup laptop since my cpu broke last week.

post pics

Remake Ars Magica and then expand upon it with more wizard shit.

How can mods help something that involves doing nothing but holding the left mouse button? Skyrim is already a pain in the ass to make it's combat passable since it's nearly the same thing in a way, Minecraft is probably fucking impossible.

Lewds

Does Mount and Blade Warband run on your shitty laptop?

Minecraft is a huge bag of smegma and molten foreskins. Stop being 12 year old faggots and play real vidya.

It's been a while since I played Minecraft, a few months I think, but I just thought the whole thing was pointless because it just regenerates health eventually and if you don't have any left you're basically fucked.

I just wonder why they thought it was a good idea in the first place.

I'll take some screenshots today, just for you.

Some nigger is already doing it.

see

Slow regen over time is alright, it just means that you have to be more careful during combat and less during anything else. That is of course, if they did the system right and you could regenerate slower without being completelly satiated.

Doesn't mean you or anyone else can't do it either. There is no rule stating that only one person may make a mod. If you think you can do it better then get your ass out there and do it better, put everyone else to shame with your superior version.

You'd be wasting time, better to do something else that actually needs being done.

How the fuck is it wasting time to do something better than everyone else? By your logic nobody should ever do anything cause its all been done already by less competent people. Why try to make a better car when there's already cars out there? Why train for the Olympics when some nigger a couple thousand years ago already ran really fast? If you can do something better than others then fucking do it.

It's a futuristic mod with matter replicators, phaser guns, androids (you can turn into one) and in the future, space travel and ships. It's in wip right now, I think.

i bought a bloodborne box so this was a purchase for me. im about to pick up gravity rush for $15.

its really fun. extremely comfy. right now im doing terra incognita after not wanting to deal with it. you can actually build a big RPG city with various building types. the game recognizes the buildings and towns people will use them accordingly.

love the game so much got it pinned fam

CASUALS GET OUT REEEEEEEEE

I'm working on 1.7.10 because fuck the newer version. but I think an honestly decent fix would be making it so regen doesn't take away from saturation, because that is fucking stupid for regen to take away from the saturation bar that allows regen in the first place. Scaling, as you said, wouldn't be a bad idea either.
I'll probably never move past 1.7.10 because of how bad performance has gotten.

ars magicka is already open source, you could fork it and continue updating it

that's one of the problems with modpacks, having 10 mods that all do the same thing when you'll only use the easiest/cheapest one

Terrafirmacraft is pretty decent, though it's also going to bring the autism on full blast. Best played with friends.

I have often wondered why more of the larger mods haven't separated their shit into optional modules for this very reason.

Why do we have Thermal Expansion Pulversizer, IC2 Macerator, Immersive Engineering Crusher, Railcraft Rock Crusher, and Ender IO SAG Mill in one fucking mod pack (Feed the Beast Infinity)? And while they all have overlapping roles, they also have things only each machine can do, or things they can do more effectively/efficiently than the others. You end up having to keep a list of what goes into which machine to get the most out of your shit. It's retarded.

Poor performance killed minecraft. The lighting algo started causing insane hitching in some ver around 1.4 and my games always end dwarf fortress style in FPS death.

That and mod authors each wanting their own tiered crafting so playing modpacks involves an ever increasing amount of grind to build out autocrafting.

(checked)
Well, at least there's Cyberware for my robo-limb needs.

God, I wish someone could make another pack like that.

Glad I am not the only one who refuses to go past 1.7.10. If I'll ever play again, it will be this, 1.2.5 (Last decent version of RedPower), or alpha after redstone but before the nether (probably with the original piston mod).

Make mods for doom, it can run on most toasters.

ive always wondered why there wasnt a plants vs zombies inspired mod. i always thought putting a cactus in a pot that shot needles at bad guys would be cute and useful.
other than that, cute anime things.

Recomend me some mods to play along with Terrafirma, pls.

Can I create nuclear reactors and beast that creates everything using computer network that connects it all?
Yes

So answer for is it playable is:
No
It is still on fucking java and runs like absolute shit, but I will still play it to create ultimate creation which creates and produces everything.

You are fool that doesn't understand why mods haven't fixed any of these games.
Lets take Skyrim because I am familiar with it. Mods haven't fixed it because for example main flaw with this game is extremely shitty combat.

It can be fixed but there are no mods large enough to recreate enemies for you ta have play around them.
If you haven't yet realized, there are 2 enemies in Skyrim, regular enemies which you just kill by spamming attacks and dragons which fly and it is harder to spam attacks at them.
It is nothing like Zelda where each enemy is distinct and you have to play around them. It is even worse because combat is just spammy and your actions lack any impact, look at Dark Messiah to see what I mean by "have impact".

However it is possible to make combat that would force you to move away from attacks, block in exact moment and attack when enemy is exposed. I am pretty sure Viligant or some other korean quest mod had bosses that were exactly that, enemies that you were forced to play around.

It is possible for mods to fix a game or mechanic that devs made and was shit. I just mentioned enemy design, it is still far away from good combat but it can be done. It just needs to be made properly and don't expect some modder to know how to make proper combat and to waste hundreds of hours to recreate entire game to make it. Especially when there is not that huge demand for good combat in sex simulator and most modders mod with intention of getting into Bethesda.

Shaders
I know what terrafirma is but I never played it. I know it doesn't have any automation so you can use your computer to make game look better. Also some mods like inventory tweaks or something from category of it should have been it base game.

Oh I forgot.
Remember people saying Oblivion was saved by good quests? It can also be done in Skyrim. Forgotten City is quest mod that is good enough for me to say it made Skyrim good.
And not only in Skyrim back in Fallout 3 there was mod called Cube Experimental it was also worth installing F3 for.

Thinking of getting back into the thing. Any good towny/faction servers? Especially ones that are based on history and/or fiction, if possible. Are there mods for that kind of thing (Kingdoms, politics, leadership, etc)? I'm 100% out of the loop, it's been years.

pick none and only none

I guess it's time to shill Classicube.
classicube.net/
Fun fact: 2 mega code autists are working on the client and I'm friends with one of them.

I remember there being a few.

The regen is not even fucked then. You don't know real broken regen if you haven't played beyond 1.9. Embed related, skip to 1:25
1.7.10 already has a hunger overhaul mod that adds scaling and overall balances the hunger system.
And by the way, performance got better after 1.7.10, in my case anyway with my low RAM.
1.9 and beyond has the shield slot, and with a mod, you can dual wield. Doesn't fix the combat but does make it a lot better.

I played 1.10 recently, so I absolutely know how fucked it is.
I tried it with roguelike dungeons and mo'creatures, and constantly got my shit pushed in by EVERYTHING, between manticores, baby skeletons, and baby zombies with enchanted armor/weapons, I couldn't tell you which was worse.
Like I said earlier, the majority of the hunger bar is completely superfluous because only the 2 points before regen stops actually matter, and exploring a dungeon requires constantly walling yourself into a corner to eat because you have skeletons and hordes of zombies to deal with, the shield only does so much while you try to slash through 15 zombies while getting shot by no less than 5 skeleton archers at any given time, then the little baby fucks that are impossible to hit because they seem to stop 6 blocks away from you, then teleport right into your ass will rip out your prostate and use it for a ping pong ball.
The new combat system with cool down on swing and swords being worse than an ax, is fucking garbage, considering the performance is so bad most of the time that you HAVE to swing wildly in order to hit anything between the fps dropping to 0 and then back to 25. Moving on from 1.7.10 to have a shield/glider/shitty purple blocks/beets just isn't fucking worth it, considering mods already added ALL of that pre-1.9

No shit.

The combat system is better now, you can't just be a flailing autist and have to actually time and aim your hits. Mods have to adapt to it and stop spamming monsters at you.

If you get a mod called "Better Combat" it would be better in those extreme fights.
It allows you to properly dual wield(two axes or swords so basically double damage potential if you hit the enemies right) and hitting shit with the shield for low damage but moderate knockback. Also makes crits happen on a set chance instead of only happening when you're falling.
This mod makes fighting default stats Grimoire of Gaia mobs with only vanilla gear possible.

game performance also has to adapt so I don't get frozen in time, then zerg rushed upon resume before a steamroller lands on me
having more advanced combat is worthless if mobs themselves aren't changed to be better suited for advanced combat, it's always the case of zombies swarming the player, and skeletons being fucking pricks that shoot you faster the closer you get to them and quickly back away from the player at the same time
without radical changes to the AI of mobs (or maybe mobs that aren't fucking skeleton archers and zombies), the advanced combat is just clunky, lag aside

What's wrong with qbitorrent? What else can I use? Deluge is a huge ass resource hog.

It's more the fact that you're using a torrent client while on windows 10.

Is Mystcraft any good?

It used to be good, from what I remember in 1.4.7 but when the devs started moving on to 1.6.4 mystcraft started getting "rebalanced" to the point where you could never get a stable age created, every dimension created had instability, and I don't know if that was ever remedied or not. It sucks because that added a lot of fun to be able to create a personalized dimension where it was always day/night or one biome or all miniature biomes for bee keeping, etc.

I'm having a proble with terrafirma where javelins I throw behave all weirdly in the air even though the flight path doesn't change. The sprites kinda dance around instead of going straight. What's even more strange is that this only happens in survival. If I change to creative the javelin behaves as it should.

this is the only real thing left to do in minecraft. kind of reminds of Holla Forums tbh. you can browse dead boards here with thousands, or hundreds of thousands of posts. most of them have their catalog still intact so you can see the optimism, the growth, the stagnation and the decline. it's all pretty sad but a good read if you got free time.

Why did they think that?

Nice b8

I miss PS:U the most. I had so much fun with that game. PSO:2 is a gachapon riddled shitfest. I should be happy it's mostly cosmetic retardation, but they're literally forsaking content to put in more clothes.

godzilla 2014 on ps4 too, it's basically war of the monsters modernized and with the officially licensed monsters, but only online multiplayer, and it's fucking deader than shit.

I only played through that game once but I slightly remember my battle with that dude. I just barely killed him, he was tough… I think I went through a ton of healing items.

does anybody even know what's taking tasteless this long? I thought he was supposed to be back like last week.

… I'LL NEVER BE IN SMASH ……WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ender dragon is too big

Thank god the game isn't completely VR focussed.

There is literally zero reason to buy it on PS3 and anyone who does is a fucking moron.

That garbage version even sold like shit in Japan and Japan's stereotypically always behind a gen because they're poor.