Be amateur game dev

What's the easiest way to get something even one tenth as good as this goi

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leitmotif
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Christ, you're such a pleb stupid asshole.
Jimmy just repeats the same basic themes with variations in a very formulaic manner, plus the man himself is absolutely insufferable and full of himself.

Thank god any game you make is always going to be nothing but shit, so we'll be too busy shitting on the games themselves to even remotely give a shit about the terrible music you'll coat them with.

imagine being triggered by leitmotifs

and what would be a fix to this problem? I know Beethoven spent several days on variations of his melody.

It's not even a problem. The leitmotif is one of the basic building blocks of music making.
It's like saying FUCKING PENTATONIC SCALE REEEEEE. There is no sense to be made from it.

Soule is over-rated but getting triggered over a fucking motif is pure shit-flinging

stick to the basics, if your song doesn't sound good with just three audio channels, you need to reconsider

What's a leitmotif?

Leitmotiv / leitmotif is the technical term for "look it up on Wikipedia".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leitmotif

I wonder how Bethesda is going to destroy Elder Scrolls with Skyrim 2 :^), I really liked Oblivion and Morrowind, shame Skyrim was a mess although it had potential.

Oblivion is actually really weak compared to the 3 songs Jeremy did for Morrowind or the 5 tracks in Skyrim that aren't bad.

Make everything really boring and hard to remember because it sounds a billion other things. Hey presto you're a background noise maker.

I found Skyrim's music memorable.

Did Soul make fun of you in music school or something? The guy's overrated, but decent enough at what he does.

Jeremy's decent most times, fantastic sometimes (Total Annihilation), but he's far from the best and is severely overrated. Keep your music simple. The Super Mario Bros. standard level theme is one of the most well-known and beloved themes in video game history, and it was an early NES/Famicom tune.

Just make some tracker music or stuff that sounds like it, embed related.

move out faggots
Real top tier game music coming through

I was so excited when I first heard this theme.
Then I tried to sleep in an owned bed…

He did some Guild Wars stuff too.
Good shit.

I would probably agree but my opinion is biased. I have so much nostalgia for Oblivion that it clouds any fair judgment of the music. Morrowind is actually closer to my ideal game, but Oblivion takes the nostalgia on timing alone.

Suddenly the bitching about Undertale makes much more sense.

manchild alert

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. The music all fits together nicely

we're talking about music

Too many assumptions were just made for me to even come close to being able to come back at that without sounding as retarded as you

Who would you recommend in his place then?

Are you talking about how to compose music or how to get the resources to make game music? I figure you don't have the money to budget a real orchestra, so some vsts might be a good thing to invest in. Check out Native Instruments and Spitfire audio. Those are my personal favorites.
Cuck /mu/ also has some mixing/composition threads that usually link a music composition cornucopia (pdfs and stuff), so I'd look into that as well.