Guilty Gear Xrd Relevator

IT'S OUT

Time to go full Johnny.

It's expensive as shit with the extra characters, just base game is ok priced
If you are an ultra goy like me and got sign, you get a 10% discount for relevator

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/520440/?snr=1_4_4__106
steamcommunity.com/app/520440/discussions/0/154643795208575496/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818217882
guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Guilty_Gear_XX_Λ_Core
youtube.com/watch?v=jNKMCOU9_Po&list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally the only good character here
Kill me lads

As someone who's never really played any fighting games is this worth the money? I'd pirate it but I'd like to play online although I'm sure I'd get my ass kicked.

Baikenfag please, you'll get her next revision, and then complain about it endlessly.

Pirate SIGN or Rev when a copy shows up and run through the tutorial, maybe do an arcade run and see what character(s) you like and then do their character challenges. Their character challenges and the tutorial will really let you know whether or not the game is for you.

Anime fighters are a bit harder to jump into if you have literally no idea what fighting games are about. It's also a bit expensive to jump on if you're not sure, as people still prefer BlazBlue to Guilty Gear in some instances. If you want a decent chance of getting a match online and don't want to play fightcade, this is a decent option. I'd personally recommend playing something not quite so over-the-top to get your fightan feet wet. Look for Akatsuki Blitzkampf, though there's no online community for it. But it's a very simple fighter that is easy to play and should focus on a lot of basics that carry over into other games.

He's pretty good m8.
Thought that Raven guy seems to be either very easy or OP atm.

This one is pretty fucking fun but the entry price is high. If you don't plan to spend a lot of time learning stuff you might as well not bother.
Pirate it when available and try the single against max difficulty. See if you like it. I started it on a pirated version and played single for years before online, but I'm really into it.

Are you really sending him to bootcamp? Just throw him on the field and see if he survives.

Jam and Johnny are my jam

Haven't played GG in a decade. They never did bring back my favourite from the original. Old dude short dude with the massive fucking sword. Last I heard he was still dead in GG canon.

Steam PC version says no lobbies and other shit is missing. WTF.

Oh forgot.
your waifu is a dignified slut now
not the village pleb she was

How is the PC netcode? Was it good on Vanilla? Did they announce any improvement? Is there an in-depth analysis of frame latency/delay somewhere?

how do Xrd, Blazblue, and UNIEL compare as far as anime fighters on the PC?

Are you thinking actual game lobbies, or this console thing. Because I can live without this shit.

store.steampowered.com/app/520440/?snr=1_4_4__106

This is all it says.

I will check it in a few.

Nah.

I'd recommend guilty gear xx accent core plus r, but I heard the net code isn't good and you said you wanted to play online. If you plan to do local stuff as well get ggxxac+r instead, as that is cheaper and doesn't have dlc.

He is in ac+r, though he isn't in xrd.

But I want fightans to become slightly more popular so that we get more, hopefully not shitty, games. Also I have friends that weren't interested in anime fighters at first and then we played KoF and everything clicked. Now they love anime fighters.

I think it's the graphical lobbies in where you wander around as a cubeman and hop onto machines.

It has 8-player lobbies right now. The arcade lobbies (as seen here>>11469847) aren't in and will be added later on.

I bought PC Sign having never played fighting games apart from SF2 when I was younger, and never played an anime fighter. I pushed through the inevitable loses and can honestly say it was a really good decision and well worth the money.

I don't have anything to defend May with and that makes me mad.

PC Sign was more stable than PSN Revelator, I can say that much. PSN always has server issues.

Player lobbies are in, can confirm. It's just those intermediary lobbies you hang out in to then be forwarded to player lobbies/ranked matches that were axed, aka nothing of value was lost. And even then, they said those lobbies are coming at a later date.

There is an achievement for fishing in the steam menu, so where do you fish if no intermediary lobby?

I want to buy this game because I'm desperately craving a fighter on PC, but the entry price is way too high and if SIGN was any indication the population is gonna be low as fuck. PC/PS4 crossplay fucking when?

Is this the last version or are they gonna announce a new version for arcades/consoles in the next few months and then PC users have to wait a year for that?

he's in Revelator's story mode as an NPC, and apparently got a little bit better with his possession problem. Faust did something or something.

Devs in a steam thread said they had no intention of releasing a new version anytime soon. They also said they would change their business practices, which some people speculated as keeping PC releases in tune with console.

Take that with as much truth as you want.

shit gaem

I actually saw some guy say that he's not going to buy the game SPECIFICALLY because there's no english dub. Not only is the japanese VA better but it's a fucking fighting game so what does it matter? Some people.

Clearly because GG is the pinnacle of dub voice acting :^) 4:53 if you can't time stamp embeds

Did the console version have an english dub or are these guys just total retards?

There's a dude at my workplace who says he won't get Blazblue Central Fiction because it doesn't have english voiceovers. he's black.

off topic, I beat the shit out of a dude with an 80 percent combo in J-Stars at my college and the black onlookers there were like "OH SHIT NIGGA AAAAAHHHHHH" whenever I did it, even though I was using a dude made for shit like that (Johnathan Joestar) like it was some big deal. I think most blacks who play the games and talk big shit like that are actually casuals who put on a big game, like that one video where this prideful nigga gets his ass beat in game after trash talking a nice scrawny white kid.

All that talk, but nothing to back that shit up. It's always the silent black bros I play against that end up beating my ass in games. The ones that talk shit usually leave after first match like they're afriad of people getting used to the games they own and bring into the place and beating their ass after they're equal and know all the rules and caveats of the game like a person that actually owns it.

Sign had english VA's, but since then Arksys got the idea that they could probobly earn more money not paying for dub actors that seemingly no one listens to.

Dude you should have done the Luffy infinite (just before the combo ender just run up and do it again till that point and loop it) and had him literally give up on games forever.

nah, that's just not good enough. I did the Johnathan Joestar + Kenshiro atatatata overdrive tennis combo because it's actually way more humiliating in context, the visual of two manly men beating the shit out of their edgelord god sasuke, all while telling him to read some real manga like a real man. I asked them if they knew what Fist of the North Star was, and they didn't know, those fucking casuals.

These are the types who watch fucking Hunter X Hunter or harem anime on their laptops in the gameroom all day.

These motherfuckers were playing fucking Killua and Sasuke all the fuckin' time, literally none of them outside one guy (who used Luffy but didn't know his tricks) were just playing Sasuke and maybe Medaka.
It got to a point that they couldn't even touch me, and they started saying, "it doesn't matter, you just have to win once", every time I came back to the place I could feel the room become just a little more quiet when I walked in. It was the triumph of man in that room. The only one who beat me was a surprise dude who jumped in at random, who played competitive SFV, but he only won once.
For me, it's not about absolute and utter crushing of the opponent. It's about giving them a little hope (that "you only need to beat him once" thing is what I strive for) and then seeing them CRUSHED again and again and again.

Because casuals like that don't deserve just one session of suffering.

Oh man this is some good shit.

You go to "Collection" in the main menu and then pick "Fishing", that's it.

Fuck all of you

Basically you get a snall lobby with dual arcades for 2 players each and a football you can kick around. It's not the huge lobby the consoles had. It should be put into the game, but right now it's a smaller version.
There is a fishing minigame that lets you fish out fish and works in the console lobby. Here you load a separate minigame for it. Hopefully they will add the bigger lobbies, but it's not that big of a deal.

I only used old manga characters as well when they started pulling the "X-character is OP card" too, and beat them soundly.

Then we moved out of singles and into AI teams, same result.

Then they started going on all Random matches, and I beat them every time too.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Fucking plebs.

Blazblue is my personal favourite, it terms of CUHRAYZEE, in ascending order it goes:
Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, UNIEL.

Holy christ was that bad.

How often do you play? If you play constantly but they only play when they're there, you're going to have a leg up on them. On the other hand, if you're barely above casual, then that just renders your wins all the more crushing.

(checked)
That dub's sin is beyond the grace of god. I'm just thankful that they didn't try to dub the old games back in the day if that was the quality they would've gone with. Sign's was pretty bad as well, but they did allow dual audio, plus ASW and/or Aksys seems to be wanting to save money and cutting the dubs altogether, just translating the text to English.

How long do you think that netplay is going to last?
Sign with dead after she SF5 came to steam.

I remember when GG was good and didnt charge you an extra $30 for the characters, fuck this shit.

steamcommunity.com/app/520440/discussions/0/154643795208575496/

did they? this is immensely important to me

Not sure about that but it looks like her top clothing is some skin tight latex with giant boob gaps.

Gonna need video proof on that. This would be a first for the GG games, and a road they should not be going down should it be true.

I don't know how they jiggled in the console versions but I tried to compare some Youtube videos to the game and couldn't really see a difference. The jiggle isn't very noticeable in the videos I saw but from what I could see it seems to be the same in the PC version though there doesn't seem to be much jiggle to begin with. I guess I can't be sure unless you can tell me a specific animation or give me a video where the jiggle is very clear.

thanks for spending your time with this analysis

I guess that guy just got spoiled by SFV mods

If you wanna check for censorship check her panties. A big selling point was that Jam's panties changed depending on the day of the week you were playing on. Not just colors but design

Nah. Jam has never done cleavage window. Her niche has always been the really short skirt, and hell, her panties change color and design depending on the day of the week.

I mean that her dress has huge tit slots to look the way it does.

Gotta attract customers somehow. Whenever her shop isnt destroyed at least.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818217882

seems safe

I never realised it but I guess people like these are why there was a period where PC games didn't have any graphics options. I bet he's some big shot in the FGC or some Youtube personality. Random Twitch streamers, not even once.

Yeah, I misinterpreted that as thinking a cleavage window was edited out or something.

no bridget no buy

when?

It's bad enough that we have bedman. No more.

When was that? Before Guilty Gear Accent Core + released?

Let me remind you that + added both Justice and Kliff Undersn as playable options, meaning it was a paid update with characters in it. So Guilty Gear was only good before +, meaning GGAC+R isn't any good at all, in your reasoning?

Nostalgia is a strong drug.

Around 2010. During that time when a game that was released both on consoles and PC would mean that the PC version was gimped to shit. Games like Singularity that had no options besides resolution.

justice and kliff were available since ever. accent core just made them not broken

I already got a PS3 game so that's a pirate from me for the sake of preservation

anyway, what the fuck is with this DLC jewery? I got everyone except Cum for free. not nice considering the next definitive iteration with the rest of important characters is probably right around the corner

You can read my post again, or you can read this:

guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Guilty_Gear_XX_Λ_Core

While I hate the business model myself I can entirely understand why they do this due to the small marketshare of the genre compared to other games.

In other news: special tools for niche applications cost out the ass while chinky power drills can be had for 20 bux at the supermarket.

There's not even a new arcade version announced yet. The time between Sign and Revelator was about 2 years. Revelator has been out for 6 months, there's plenty of time.

Maybe the next iteration will be a free update? :^)

There you go, they fixed them allright.

In anycase, I think it's best to wait for the Steam Christmas sale and pick this off for 30 bucks. I'll play the pirate version until then and get to know the characters.
Plus, the multiplayer is gonna be dead as fuck until then anyway, with a sudden spike when the price drop hits.

What the fuck did they do to her?

I'll wait for a price drop before getting Revelator on PC. I only have two questions. Is Slayer still a good character, and if you got to decide, which GG character would you bring back for Xrd?

Slayer is still high tier, although he's still a far cry from his top tier days in GGXX.

You main Kliff? That's pretty cool. I thought nobody played Kliff. It almost makes me wonder if there's anyone who mains Justice in +R as well.

He looks pretty bad compared to his more absurd incarnations but he's not a bad character.

He's pretty great. I don't know tiers and shit (ask the FGC thread) but my experiences with him is that 80% of your atacks are somehow counters. Meaning you end up stunning the other guy 2 or 3 times per match. It's ridiculous.
They also deal more damage or some shit, I dunno the mechanics. I main Sol and like him I learn that tactics are worthless. I punch shit till it dies.

to be honest, I've been considering picking up either Jam, Baiken, or Justice in +R for a while now. Should I learn one of them, or just stick with Slayer?

Thanks for reminding me, i will pirate it and buy if i like it, any sources for good gameplay tips?

Tournaments are just too much shit going on that i can't understand

I'm not new to fightan but i never touched GG except for watching some pantyshots from Jam in XX

The tutorial. Revelator has the best tutorial ever put into a fighting game.

keeponrock.in if you want character matches. The tutorial and character missions to actually learn the game and learn the characters.

btw i just checked and it's cheap as fuck in my country might as well buy it as my christmas gift, are there lots of newbies online to play with?

I hate Xrd's art style so much

Okay, i am done with this shitty game. Xrd series is garbage. They killed fucking everyone they could with those new designs and art style. All the style is gone.

I like it in a "over-the-top" way.
Have you seen Sol? They turned his sword into an oversized lighter. It's hilarious because it actually fits the character rather well.

I'm talking about faces, body proportions and color palettes. And his sword was oversized lighter from the beginning.

It used to be more like two metal plates that get really hot by friction (kinda a real thing already too, industrial tool I think).
Now it's a literal GIANT LIGHTER. Complete with the little wheel that you spin to make the spark (he does it for Gunflame and Vulcanic viper I think)
Fuck, I never noticed. Wouldn't be suprised if Sol appears in Kingdom Hearts now. Or Final Fantasy XII

Either way Xrd looks worse than Blazblue, and lost all of GG's unique personality to it.
This might as well be Naruto game.

If Blazblue is modern anime, GG is anime in the 90s then Xrd is like the remake of the 90s anime; not exactly bad but it doesn't get anywhere close to the sensation of the original

The edited Sol is a lot better and XX definitely had better colors and character designs but Blazblue is a total mess.

I don't mind BB too much, some characters are annoying design wise like Terumi and Celica but overall I can live with the chunni shit that it is.

I'm gonna play and like this game anyway, but honestly? I loved the English dub of Sign. Gonna miss it in Revelator - there are some Jap voices which are good but I just don't like them compared to their English counterparts.
And I can't exactly go back to Sign because pic related will only get worse.

This is online and solo play where you're going to be hearing the characters' voices a lot. Bad VA only doesn't bother me when it's in company like at a tournament in person.

Yes I can get behind this idea.

Digital ink was a mistake.

STOP IT

I remember people in fightan thread defending Xrd's artstyle too.
Humanity should perish tbh.

I'm going to be sick.

Nigger, your shitty reaction image isn't any better.
In fact it's exactly the same.

NO A.B.A. NO BUY

NO A.B.A NO GRABA
NO ROBO KY NO BUY
NO TESTAMENT NO INVESTAMENT

I like the graphics in Xrd, and I think that it's a far better option to release a new game with the psuedo 2D style they have rather than go full KoFXIV or SF 3D models. Sure the 90s style in previous versions is gone, and muscle Sol now doesn't look as cool as muscle Sol then, but there are worse things in a fighting game that could annoy me. Xrd is probably one of the only 'new' games that has held my attention for longer than a month, and I can still find plenty of people to play online everyday.

I'd be keen for Bridget in some future iteration/patch, but I think Zappa or Baiken are more realistic options.

Speak for yourself. Blazeblue always had the designs of a subpar modern anime.

and now the new Guilty Gear characters are exactly like blazblue's '10 anime inspired stuff

for fucks sake they turned That Man into a fucking catgirl chunnibyou guy

The Guilty Gear Crash Course series on Youtube is pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=jNKMCOU9_Po&list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

what the fuck is this

I can live with most of the changes because most of the cores are somewhat intact. The only ones I truly dislike are bedman and raven. But raven took hits in overture much earlier.
Guilty gear overture was probably the point where the art started worsening. But with blazeblue that was a thing from the very start.

Artstyle aside, Blazblue's movement and combo systems are more simplified, easier for the casual to get into.
Hell, I got into CSex for the first day or two using Stylish because I'd not played a fighting game in close to 20 years. Now I'm beating long-time players because the game is easier to get into than GG.
That being said, I used the game as a jumping point to get back into Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear and King of Fighters, as well as other assorted games.
GG remains the hardest of the lot for me though.

it's really selling that poorly? So few people online I'm tempted to file for a refund.

the image is of SIGN dumbass.