Anybody still playing PSO2? Are there any other 8ch teams other than 711?

Anybody still playing PSO2? Are there any other 8ch teams other than 711?

Other urls found in this thread:

pso2.jp/players/
arks-layer.com/
youtube.com/channel/UCAx8N8-oeCkQzAZoW2Ll0-Q/playlists
lagom.nl/lcd-test/
pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?エステ/ヘアスタイル
fulldive.nu/2016/06/21/pso2-nt-grinding-guide/
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?198250-Banjo-s-Mag-Guide
pso2affix.seilent.net/#!/s=EB03.XA01.ZA01&1=TA01.ZA01.ZB01&2=RE23.ZA01.EB03&3=TA01.ZB01.ZC01&4=TA01.ZA01.ZC01&5=RC33.ZA01.EB03.OA02&r=&o=
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZsqq3dLcABOM7HcM_tSLD7OI-YjyPUr9
f.lewd.se/ToYMVE_PSO2Tweaker.exe
twitter.com/AnonBabble

u

Yes.

Not as far as I know.

If you're curious about content, we are apparently getting PVP at some point which will probably be extra cancerous. There will be a new raid boss soon too, along with 14* weapons.

What's wrong with 711?

Humanity is truly a failure.

probably because its not formally released in the west and the one of the earlier proxy hosts for pso2 stole credit card info from people who bought in game cash which leaves a sour taste even if someone else comes in

Just started yeserday user.

What's the deal with PSO2 and am I missing something for not playing PSO1?

I remember it was a pain in the ass to actually get working. I remember actually having fun with it, and been craving for an MMO that had its gameplay, and not sudo turn base like most MMOs seem to be stuck on despite the technology not being that limiting anymore.

I still play but I can't keep up with all these changes.
The only 8ch team is 711.

that doesn't bode well.

PSO2 is everything PSO1 was but more.

Well wasn't there some sort of gimmicky PvP in PSO1 too?
I bet it will be just stand alone mode that nobody will play after a week or two. Just like challenge mode.

mofumofu is still here!

just played the new story content last night. like most story content, MY GOD IT'S FULL OF TAILS, but that's my fault anyway so w/e. I get more enjoyment out of jokingly complaining about that than out of the story content. ep4 story is mind-bendingly stupid anyway

I have to admit I'm a little frustrated with how grindy the new stuff is; 103 runs later I still don't have even one single 12* unit and now we're getting 14* weapons that will apparently drop at a rate of "one per ship per week"? ugh…

What are you running? Or are you running with boosts? UQ Amdu should give you at least one unit per 10-20 runs. Ray units drop like trash.

UQ Amduscia, and yah I was running with 250% RDR and 75% triboost. ( ;∀;) I was counting the number of boosts I had which I am now out of, so it was slightly less than 103 runs because I also used some boosters on EQs (but I skip most EQs because I just don't need 50 more excubes that badly)

the ONLY worthwhile drop I've EVER gotten is a gix launcher, and while I do have all classes at 75 I barely even play ranger…

you don't even need a proxy anymore unless you live in oceania

I played like 10 hours of PSO2 but it wasn't anything like that. Where can I download the "highly challenging and engaging masterpiece" edition?

what was it like for you?

nah. i give up on playing with 8ch.

everytime we make a group to join an MMO everybody quits and then i'm alone or within the 2-3 left. then those 2-3 quit and im alone with the normalfags.

mostly boring. like a third person shooter but less precise.

I have ran UQ about 100 times as well and my storage got clogged by ray units so much that I had to start desynthing them. You could try focusing on breaking parts if you want to increase your chances of getting units. Don't know if this works on anga but you need to break parts on other bosses to get their units.

Pick up one of the melee classes or braver, they're usually far more engaging and satisfying when you get your CUHRAYZEE on.

I used to play the shit out of PSO split screen with friends and my brother. I must've sunk at least a half a year total play time on it. Thought PSU was kinda fun as well and that 0 was great couch co-op. I don't doubt this game would be different but would it hold the same "magic" as the original might have? Also is it true you don't need a proxy anymore? That and no native translation are the only things that's turned me away from it.

what anime is that from?

You don't need proxy to play unless you live in SEA. If you can access the official website pso2.jp/players/ , then you don't need proxy. Not sure what do you mean with native translation but there's an english patch that translates all important features in the game. Story is still being translated but the progress is quite slow. There's a youtube channel that has the story subbed if you don't want to wait for the translation team to translate it.

I'm assuming it's an animation by a DMC fan. The characters are a genderbent Dante and Vergil.

Native meaning English is an option in the game without it being modded in. But sick! Gonna have to download it tonight. Is it build dependent? Like if I fuck up skill buying or whatever is it "GG new character cause you're non-competitive now"?

doesn't get any more casual than that

You still have to use tweaker to install english patches.

It can be build depended if you want, or just play it casually. Sega gives out free skill tree reset passes whenever they add new skills or change something in the skill tree, which happens quite frequently. I would say that messing up feeding your mag would fuck you up harder.

first, hit up arks-layer.com/

grab pso2 tweaker and use that to set up and install the game; it's faster and better than the official installer (lol). you can also use it to install the language patches once you've finished the installation. I think there are Spanish and Russian patches in addition to English

anyway as far as your question, yes it's build-dependent if you want to do endgame. You can pretty much do 1~50 as a pants-on-head retard and not even spend skillpoints and use ass gear, but after that it does get harder and some of the content is challenging even to a character like mine with pretty optimal equipment and build.

my advice to you if you're a new player is just level hunter for a while to get used to the game. hunter is basically the standard sub-class for most of the rest of the classes (fighter, braver, ranger, gunner, techer) and although it is by no means the only option for those classes it's generally the safest and often the best, so that makes it a really good starting point. capping a class earns you a title that adds passive stat bonuses to your *account*, so every other character gets the benefits too.

like said, mag feeding is easier to mess up, although it also has less catastrophic consequences. there are guides for all this around, I suggest you glance at a few. mofu-anesan can explain the basics of mag care if you want though!

the best part of this bait is that MMO PVP is the most cancerous of all video game concepts

yah, I know. even my team says I should have gotten some by now, but I've never seen one …

You should consider converting to deerism. The lord of the deers will definitely grant you luck.

I welcome my new cervine overlord ;w;

What? Show me.

Good thing we're getting PVP soon so we can be extra cancerous. What team are you in btw?

It's too early in the day for deerposting.

user, stop spamming your Bara Mamba waifu

youtube.com/channel/UCAx8N8-oeCkQzAZoW2Ll0-Q/playlists

I'm in a japanese team, I don't actually play with anyone from 8ch lol. I'm on ship2 tho

THICC

That has to be the most terrible, ugly, and most deformed character I've seen someone unironically make. You have some really terrible taste and killed my interest in the game.

Just turn away and pretend that you didn't see anything.

Everyone still shitting on Episode 4 is probably some English only speaker that hasn't been able to understand any story segments since The Day of Rebirth because the tweaker hasn't translated anything since then.

Thank you kindly. Looks like the translation is more accurate than the in-game one, too.

The freedom to use the character creator gives you the ability to make some great charas, but also some really really horrible ones.

Looking through old screenshots is kinda fun~

I have to finish it… Apparently I stopped at the moment where it starts to get better…

nice meme!

This thread is why you don't play with channers.

that's a pretty neat bal rodos screenshot. I didn't even realize what it was at first.

pic related is from my first-ever PSE burst in an urban EQ back in july 2012

>>>/reddit/

i think some perverts from /monster/ were playing too

I just found out two of my IRL pals have started playing it. Reinstalling today it but god damn its way too big of a game. I ended up having to stop downloading it because it was taking up all the bandwidth in my home and I'd get yelled at.

Jesus christ, worse then making a tarted up whore you made a tarted up whore that doesn't know how to apply makeup.
Holy shit do you know anything about color theory, good god how can you not see how terrible your character looks? are you colorblind or some shit?

The worst mistake he made was making her so dark that her skin and the shading of her muscles meld. This kills her muscle definition.

hehe, I think she looks great, but do you have any more useful feedback?

aha? maybe it's a difference in our monitors; on one of my side monitors she does look really dark like that, but on my main monitor her muscle definition is pretty clear. I posted some more pictures in another thread over here (later posts in that thread also) that might be better to look at.

You can use this page: lagom.nl/lcd-test/
to check your monitor's contrast and brightness!

My monitor's colors are actually a bit faded, which should work to your girl's advantage, but that's not the issue. Her skin is just flat out dark, so smaller muscles like her abs don't show as well as they could because of her skin color. This is why female fitness models use bronzer to get to a caramel color and why Real XXIII draws his girl that color.

yah, she used to be lighter, but I wanted to make her darker both for greater contrast with her hair (which also used to be darker) and also because it squicks my japanese teammates (plus I just like the dark skin look.) thanks for the tips! I'll think about lightening her further. I have five or six color change passes laying around, eheh.

I disagree. I think he crammed too many fetishes into one character. A good chara should only have one or two "quirks", and slamming too many in just makes it look like an abomination.

If you like the dark skin, keep it. It's your girl, and nobody but you has to like her. People have called my girl butt ugly, and I don't give two shits.

Those are nice, but players and artists alike need to learn that proper slutwear on fit girls shows off her arms, too.

Sure, if you actually think it's great, you're deluded. right now your character is a Nigga UltraMuscle Extreme-uguu Kitsune with White Hair

Shave it down to 2, remove the fucking uguu face from the list entirely

You seriously underestimate the sheer autism of some Japanese players.

You see how you are trying to use purple, red and a hard to pin; but probably warm, brown at the same time? Stop that.
The shade of purple in the eyes is not working with the skin tone, either fix the skin to match the eyes; as you seem to have a penchant for purple, or switch to a different color.
I'm honestly having a really hard time warping my head around where that color would be on the wheel.
Go into the character creator and check the levels if you can, I never made a flashbag character and I can't recall the character creators color picking for casts either way.
When you find out what the fuck color you are using pick colors that are either complementary or analogues

The hair contrast is not working because you don't have coal black skin to contrast the ghost white you dipshit

Thats looks to be a good choice in terms of a neutral skin tone. Shit you could get away with pretty much any color clothing or makup with that.

Maria Holic by Studio Shaft

can you make a sister Krone in this game?

How much does this weight with patches included? I have a decent internet connection but I still wanna know if the wait will be worth

What's this game about again?
Never tried it but is it a mmo? 3rd-person CS with grind or what?

The anime grills got me interested.

A wee bit over 40 gigs. You can get 90% of the files through a decently seeded torrent, but the official patcher is rather slow.

It's a 3rd person action MMORPG. If you want to know how it plays, watch other gameplay videos on youtube.

Keep in mind though this is literally threadmill: the game. There is nothing to go for except for endless grinding to either git gud or git gudder gear.

There are some pretty distractions like the 10/10 character creator and personal room customization, but at it's core the gameplay is nothing but grinding.

I was tempted to get back on for a bit when I heard about the Persona 5 collab.

But then saw that there was no Panther Repca.

Sounds like i'l pass then, i've wasted too much of my life on those allready.

It's a fun little action MMO. If you're looking for an MMO with a huge world to explore then this may not be your cup of tea, but if you're looking for a fun little time waster MMO with a fun community and fun customization then you might enjoy it.

Replicas suck. It's easy to cosplay if you have shop bought goods but it's not interesting as you have a whole bunch of no effort clones walking in lobby and replica costumes often lack the feeling of original clothing. Finding a good cosplay of original character is much more enjoyable.

hmm, this is what I was going for! thanks!

are you talking about the red in the tassels in her hair? I agree that it clashes a little with the rest of her look… unfortunately those are linked with the bells on her ears and while I can use different ears (you can see in I'm using the normal fox ears) they won't have the bells … and unfortunately the tassels aren't recolorable … she's actually a CAST, tho, hehe. in fact her fuschia eyes are because her CAST "energy" color (to use champions online term, I mean the light-up parts on her) is that same color as you can see here.

re:the coal-black skin comment, she used to have a much darker, almost nubian skin tone; I went to that after I decided her original very light clay-mud color (like in pic related from 2014) didn't look good but ultimately I decided it had the problem someone pointed out earlier that it made the muscle tone texture blend in too much with the rest of her skin; you could only see it in certain light from certain angles. upon reflection I don't really mind that though.

anyway thanks for your feedback everyone! even you,

this board really is full of autistics, isn't it

why are you taking obvious bait?

I don't know what you mean by tassles, but this looks way better.
The purple/pink-purple is a bit washed out but it works, and the black compliments the hair fine now.

/monster/ here, we have a small team on ship 02 with a couple 75s and others working their way up. We try to keep away from cancer block 01, mind.

i've heard that so many times and it's never been true.

Get a subclass with a different playstyle, extend one of its weapons with an "add class" item that of your main). This way you'll be able to switch to a different set of moves on the fly.

Ranger who has been playing ranger since the OBP here
Rangers have been consistently shafted in terms of content and variety of gameplay since the very beginning
Even worse is how Gunner got shafted as well.

?

Classes wary a lot in playstyles and Ra is "stand still, tank with face, charge attacks" playstyle, the only thing worse than that is DB Bo and probably Fo.

Here is 3 new weapons to use and skills for each weapon have fun most of the PSO weapon types are represented
You get one new weapon that is similar to a force weapon but you also get to use the force weapon that is interesting and all the spells from the force class but at least visually most of the force weapons from PSO can be represented and at leas you get 2 new elements
Here is a shitty double machine gun with a single gimmick that your class is built around also you can use the boring weapon from rangers. Hope you didn't want variety on par with PSO

What's wrong with DB Bo? It's pretty cuhrayzee.

You can play TE/BO for a playstyle that is quite hardcore, being that your main source of damage will come from being right in the fray.

After GU got that skill that eliminates 1 charge tier for PAs, it became super crazy and lots of PAs are viable now, making for a very flexible playstyle.

3/10 bait, made me reply

I was talking about the first one, but ok.

mah dick

If there's one good thing that comes out of this separation it's that players who are forced to spend time in this hell are going to be more skilled than the softies who get carried in later blocks.

Wow, user, your gaming skill is truly marvelous, you set example to us all!

what the fuck are you on about

get out retard

I thought it's a good game at first, but then it showed its true colors.
So yeah, save for somewhat advanced combat system, that you use only for about 1 hour before you realize that mobs aren't attacking you/constantly attacking you it's a fucking pay to win mobile shit-tier of grinding tread mill where you get better gear just to get better gear.

doesn't it always come down to this?
other online games are just better at hiding the fact

Someone who compares this game to mobages is either trolling or drastically retarded, either way, you can safely ignore them.

You don't fool me satan, good online games are about cooperation and skill.

Nice counter argument.

A lot of the things you are complaining about were fixed in episode 4, the rest just show that you barely played the game and have no idea what you are talking about. Especially
couldn't be further from the truth. If you even remotely know what you're doing most bosses die in a matter of seconds. They're actually trying to fix that with the more recent bosses like PD and mother.

You just need to git gud son.

Let's try something productive for a change.
I'm trying to recreate Tifa from FF7, the original one. I need feedback and recommendations.
Specifically on hairstyle and face.

Needs

Some names of items would really help.
I don't think I can identify better hair to begin with.
I wish sliders were less restrictive too.

I dunno eyes look wrong.
In her art and model inner corner goes up and outer goes down, so they look kinda sad. But in game it looks different.

this doesn't look like tifa at all

You probably want to use a different face then. I think there's like 2-3 faces that have the "invisible" nose template.

As for hairs, you're gonna have to go through the list yourself.

I wish you could just remove these long dog ears from this hair style. It would work really well.

I missed 5000.

Can you explain what you mean by this? I stand by everything that user said. Is PSO2 fun again?

Where do I go in game to get this fun?

Just play the game yourself, get to SH level and try running one of the EQs. There's way too many changes to list if you stopped playing at around EP2.

R8 my character Holla Forums

Mike Tyson's daughter/10

Good choice of costume, but

Also I'm not a fan of randomly using accessories that don't fit with the overalll theme.

You mean the Oni mask? I equipped that during some event and just never bothered taking it off. I honestly kinda like how it goes with the hairstyle.

Yeah, it'd go much better with a more weeby outfit. Maybe a ninja suit or something.

You think these goggles complete the outfit better? I'm kinda going for a mechanic/JSR look.

I guess I can go through the list.

All these were reworked with Episode 4. Needing the same weapon multiple times is still true, but with the collect file system it's very easy to get, without having to hope for rng drops or farming stones for moths.

You can get all of these things without any effort just by playing the game and picking up items. I have honestly no idea why the option to buy them for real money even exists, probably a leftover from a time where getting those boost items wasn't as easy? I have been premium for almost a year now and never used the trade function. You can get shop passes very easily just from playing the game aswell, similar to the boost items. Most of the real money stuff in this game is pay2convenience, like inventory space. The only somewhat questionable stuff is being able to buy revives in solo xq, but I see it as a sort of punishment for bad players that can't clear it without doing that.

That's a result of balance changes that made player characters stronger over the years. It's not really relevant though because 'early game' lasts about a day to a week nowadays. It would be a more valid complaint against mobs in endgame quests, but then he follows it up with
The only time in the game's history where this was sorta true was pre nerf naberius uq.

This feels like it's just a shitpost to be honest, but if he is serious it kinda explains why he thinks endgame enemies have too much HP. Sega has made an effort to make more and more shitty PAs useful in the recent updates aswell, usually by adding PA crafts.

On gear, it only makes a minor difference. The biggest diference gear can make is actually more in defense than offense, like giving you a much larger HP pool and damage reduction. Gear does also increase your damage, but the difference between top high end gear and basic shit you can get in a week of play is like 20% at most, which is why calling anything a gear check (except for solo xq to some extend) is pretty dumb.

Fun is just a buzzword. I don't know what is fun to you. For me the combat itself is fun, I'm having fun as long as they keep delivering new good quests at a decent pace. I personally find boss EQs to be the most enjoyable, so I'm looking forward to mother next week. Currently Amduscia Ultimate is pretty nice as long as you don't burn yourself out by grinding it nonstop. I enjoy watching pubs die, so maybe that's why I like it though. Doing the Solo XQs on various classes is also fun and can be challenging at times.

What's that?

It's something you can do with certain PAs that changes how they work. Sometimes they change them into completely different things, for instance Infinite Fire turns from a bunch of rapidly fired weak hits into one big shot that does tons of damage. Sometimes they're straight up buffs that add to the already existing effect, like Sacrifice Bite 0 that makes normal attacks do a lot of extra damage and extends their range, extends the range of the PA itself and extends the duration of the buff.

Yeah, but you might want to play with the angle/sizing of it too. Other suitable accessories would be the various toolbelts/bags I suppose, and maybe the plasters on face skin instead of the tattoo.

Personally I prefer the tattoo. Admittedly though plasters would probably look good.

I hadn't heard of this. Give us the deets.

This was a pretty fun EQ.

I played this game with 7/11 mafia I was CommisarYarrick but after the game updated awhile back tweaker crashes every time I try to update it, is it possible that I'm just doing something wrong or do I need to reinstall everything?

Try downloading the newest version of the tweaker off arks layer, and running the JP PSO2 executable to allow it to patch instead.

Probably should try the latter first.

Oh yeah, in response to OP's question: yeah, I still play. Have been since beta, but I'm ship4 and I'm pretty sure most of you are ship2.

This is true.
This is half true. Every mob has a weakness allowing you to stagger/knock back them, much like DMC3.
Not really. They do have large health pool, but if you know what you're doing you can not get hit once, meaning you don't even need armor. As for damage, if all 12 people have 13* weapons, even not very good ones, EQ (Raid) ends in less than 10 minutes.
That story is probably from random assortment of players who either didn't know what they were doing or deliberately were slacking off. Raids aren't supposed to be mash attack to win.
This is not true. Different enemies and bosses require different strategies to defeat them.
This is true.
This is also true, but not for new type of weapons that everybody uses.
This is true.
Define useless.
This is bullshit. You can do so much more than in a lot of open world MMOs. You can trade, you can craft, you can co-op all sorts of mission, they entire challenge mode is built on co-operation.
This is true.

TL;DR this is free to play game with half of features hidden behind a pay wall. What isn't hidden is good combat, all play modes and your choice to get good or fuck off.

Armor and OT weapons upgrade is still rng-based. I really think they should made everything into NT, but I guess it's too much work. New 12* units having old upgrade system is a bummer, but at least you don't need copies.

I like the body and face forms, but

Good thing she returned to her old self.

How are things on ship4? Ship2 is usually accused of cancerous gaijin behavior, but rarely encounter it, since I'm not actively searching for it.

ship 2 block 1 is fucking cancerous everyone there needs to be immediately gassed.
I heard one of those fucks like to hand hold. You hear that? HAND HOLDING. God damn degenerate.

I have no idea what sort of budget you're looking at and thats probably the closest you'll get to a proper tifa costume. There isn't a grand variance in costume differences that would allow shorts a lot.

ミューロングヘア

Oh, god, fuck no. I'd rather they get rid of NT weapons entirely and go back to the old system. The concept of NTs is nice on paper, but in reality, you either have to work 2 or so years to get your weapon to +20, let alone 30, or pay 10-20 million in emperor weapons to feed 12 stars to then feed your 13. I'd rather fight Dudu's odds than have to jump through all those hoops, especially considering that the real battle against Dudu was always getting more slots on your shit, not grinding it.

You'e bullshitting me right?
Don't fucking tell me you didn't do basic research. There are numerous ways to grind 13* to +35 in less that 3 millions meseta and like 10 lamda grinders.

Here's one I use
fulldive.nu/2016/06/21/pso2-nt-grinding-guide/
But I think mafia guys use nox series to reduce investments even further. Like make abunch of noxes +30 and then feed it to 13* at once.
Man you don't play online games blindly like you do some fucking dank souls.
I play like two-three evenings a week and already have more fully upgraded 13* than I can put on one character.

Step 1: Get 3 12* NT weapons
Step 2: Grind them to +23, +30, +30 with empers
Step 3: Buy 3x 100% great grind success
Step 4: Grind your 13* to +30 with only 3 weapons and a few lambda grinders

EZ game

That's the expensive part right there,
I guess trade off between this and method from that guide is either you spend money or time getting shitton of 10* fodder.

Expensive? A single emper will get you enough emper drops to upgrade a 12* to +20 or so, and it'll only cost you maybe 200k.

Really? I might try this method preparing fodder for mother weapons then.
Either way NT system is a god's blessing and EP4 turned out to be the golden age of PSO2 so far, even if the beginning was somewhat rocky.

I'm quite okay with EP4 up to now, but the constant stream of "run in a circle and kill things" type of EQ is really grating. I wish they found ways to jazz up this formula a bit.

Additionally, I think PVP is going to be a big deal for PSO2, regardless of it doing well or crashing hard, so I'll reserve my judgement until then.

This was in there from inception. You have raid boss EQ and run in circle EQ. You always did.

Depends on rewards really. It is confirmed that your levels and gear will not play into it just like in Challenge Mode, so depending on what you will gain from playing it PvP will either die in a couple of months or live into the separate game.
Netcode in PSO2 is not as great as you might think it is. I played simultaneously on PC and vita and delay between one of my character's movements to another was more than a second. And movement itself was hugely inaccurate. Game heavily interprets what other player actually do around you.
Mind that I don't use proxy and my ping to game's server is less than 200.

There is another 8ch group apart from mafia?

Yeah, but they had like 2-3 of those EQs in a row for months, with a short break of Necky in-between. At the very least they should have found new ways to make things more interesting, like maybe random teleport pads

I wish Gene was part of the main game and not mobile add on.

I wonder if we'll ever get an event on the level of Rare Drop again

Doubt so since we just got a new concert.

Both this and the new FF, are super mediocre.

i wish :(

i have that statue

The detective was actually the leader of a massive crime syndicate and his son is apart of the rival syndicate.

Binary Domain

The better question is why would anyone care about what the character's sexuality is? Unless it's a major theme of the game, It rarely adds anything of significance to the character or the lore

magnet flash is literally the only answer.

Why am I seeing all these weird responses that are unrelated to the thing they are replying to?

Is the site glitching out?

conclave cuck council shit ruined it

This is a one-man raid. Ignore it and report it.

Probably the infamous spammer known as bui again. You can read more about it here, but suffice to say he is spamming Holla Forums with posts from halfchan Holla Forums.

>>>/sudo/

Bumping with slut. Not sure if it's a good idea…

yes

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

but botnet the cops are gonna see me post loli porn!!!!!

Where is this 20 dollars coming from mate?

You Americans are sickingly stupid.

I get better lighting than that in morrowind with mods and that is a 20 year old game, fuck off

That's one lanky looking bitch.

Ship4 is nice. I keep interaction with jps to a minumum for fear of the GAIJIN BAN but I'm with a team that formed in the days of halfchan during early beta and it has some of the chillest dudes around and quite possibly the best player on the ship. Some of you fags need to get off your ass and do some CM so we can play together, though.

This is interesting. For someone who usually just uses assorted weapons that drop with empe embrace or untek with an NT grind value, how much would this help grinding the various 13* poverty drops I have? Would it be less expensive to put them into the other 12* poverty drops and then put those into the 13* weapon or do I have to use a 100% great success for this to be useful?

I doubt you'll get hit with a gajin ban. I remember when I first attempted to communicate with the Japs it was really weird.

The japs are alright.

Yeah I later read that the Japs like to drench everything in Mayo because it's this new thing over there.

Kinda like sriratcha over here.

Forgot to mention that they formed a semi circle around me with their characters. The whole experience was cute.

Class icons in a perfect order.

I don't remember this being here, then again I haven't played for a year or two. I think it wants a pin, what are the requirements for that anyway or should I just make a new account?

Can you take a screenshot of it? I was thinking of OTP but everyone's otp got removed after the change to google authentication.

Check your email, they probably sent you a code.

You're not going to get enough to instantly +10, +20, or +30 a 13* without a 100% grind boost.

I wouldn't use emper drop weapons if I were you, they're kinda trash. Try to go for CF weapons instead.

Western release never.

I want a PSO3, however or at least an improved modern successor with a PSO / .hack feel. Oh and it better have PVP.

Hey guys I tried once and didn't really stick around past tutorial, because none of my friends played. How is the game? Is it worth playing? Any beginner resources I should read?

You should wait another, say, 2 years or so when PSO2 dies.

Go look up some gameplay videos and decide for yourself.

Okay fine, then is there any resources for beginners so we don't fuck up our character builds?

pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?198250-Banjo-s-Mag-Guide

It's a pretty long read, but mag feeding is basically the only thing that a beginner can fuck up and have to pay real money (or tons of in-game resources) to fix. Everything else that you might screw up can be fixed relatively easily.

Thanks user, I might set up and try this out again. How quick can you enter clans?

Downloading this shit now, what should I expect?

CF weapons?

As soon as you start, or after some tutorial COs, I forget.

Collection File, or Collection Sheet, or something. You know what I mean.

How do I play the earlier Episodes? Also, I was expecting to actually play the story content, not watch cutscenes of some anime girl talking to me in nip.
Does playing the story matter at all?

I wish these early level missions were less of a drag, I was promised nice action gameplay dammit.

Cute clothes, pretty clothes, lewd clothes and generally huge variety in character creation.

When you select your character, it should have 2 options, one to play on Ep4 and another to play on Ep1-3.
The story doesn't really matter. The matter board (Ep1-3 equivalence of story board on Ep4) used to give a few useful weapons but they're all trash now. It's also a grind because you have to do some item fetching to progress through the matter boards, and there are like 30 matter boards in total, each takes about half an hour to finish.
But if you finish an entire chapter's board 1 to 10, you get a Creator's Emblem which can be exchanged for Genesis weapon camo of choice at Zieg, one emblem each. You get another extra emblem if you finish all 3 chapters' boards and 1 extra emblem for each board you reach 100% in. So 7 emblems total.

Ah-ha that's why I quit.

If we are lucky we will get a "PSU2" that is a fitting sequel to PSO game play wise but suffers from low player count and beasts and ends up shutting down way too early. Maybe then we will get something new under the "Pantasy Star" franchise that takes the existing stuff and does something groundbreaking or unexpected and good.

my heart, and also my dick

Thanks, I'm fine with grindidng as long as the base gameplay is fun, so hopefully I'll be able to stick with this for a while.

a large fucking download.
have fun with low internet speeds for a god damn week if you live in america.

i got some CM tickest, what are thsoe for?

Free challenge miles. If you've been playing recently, they handed them out as compensation for something or other not working. A challenge mile boost period or something.

And what do Challenge miles do?

Let you buy things from the Challenge Mile shop.

thats around the other shops?

Rude deer is rude~

I'd rather Holla Forums on 8ch made their own group, the 4chan /vg/ group is a bit too circlejerky and focused on themselves for my liking.

Anything new I need to do to log in, Install should be done in the morning, if most of the in game options are the same then I can play on PS4 why my friend plays on PC.

We do have a group though.

That's about it. You won't be able to play with the translation patch though, and if you're SEA you're not playing at all.

So this is the disappointment truly feels like.

You should be disappointed at yourself, user.

Tell me about it. Mafia is Holla Forums team in name only, as only few of people there browse this board.
They're more of a leftover /vg/ team with a bunch of random people that gradually assembled from EQ runs.

Well due to insane power creep being the same level as monster you're fighting usually means they can't harm you in any meaningful way. Try to not wear armor or not use too powerful weapons if you want any decent challenge early game.
Once you hit level 50 immediately go into SH and start advancing floors in Extreme Quests. It will be pretty fun until you become XH capable.

Well I think it's one of the better JRPG stories out there, and the best in franchise since Phantasy Star 3.

That might be true, but when you see autism and cancer in the team it's 90% from Holla Forumsirgins.

Fact of the matter is, it's not super important where people come from, but how they behave in the team is.

West side of the shop area on the upper floor.

Figured I'd believe the anons who said I was playing this wrong and try it again. I thought a lot of this game was supposed to be translated. I installed the three patches from the Tweaker and none of the quest "flavor" text seems to be translated. The menus and quest objectives are but I thought the story was supposed to be translated as well. What does the "story" translation patch do then?

It translates a good chunk of the cutscenes. But not all of them, because that would take effort.

Sweet. Last time I played I didn't install it so whatever I guess. Is there any point in playing the ep1-3 content anymore? I picked my old character and it went straight to ep4.

Now I'm defending Aids' quality translations there, but come on.

Well if you already played the main story, then no, not really. Otherwise play it to get emotionally invested into the characters to watch them grow in ep3-4.

NOT defending.
Giant enemy crabs and whatnot.

Can confirm bad idea. 8/v/ mmo guilds are just as bad as 4/v/ groups in almost every case. You trade ERPing sperglords for la ebin Holla Forums maymays with a small amount of ERPing sperglords.

You can actually search youtube for subs on ep1-3 if the in-game version is lacking (and it is, I don't care if they do it for free, fucking anime subbing groups do it too and weekly at that).

What server is 711 on? Is it really worth joining it?

Ship2.
Yes it is.
You can freely leave anytime.
Leave your account name (not character) in this thread and our OPs will pick you up.

By account name he means Player ID Name, nothing to do with account name.

So the name I log in with? Should be Senelbeat.

Yes the PSP version on single player

If Nova didn't run at 30 fps, I'd buy vita just to play it. But after PSO2 I can't even go back to psp games, because they also run at 30.

Add me faggots 13740332

Holy fuck, don't buy Nova. I can't say it's terrible, but it's basically an unpolished PSO2 without a lot of most people's favorite content (no classes beyond the initial 6 rolled into 3, only one planet, ect.). The visuals could have been amazing, but it also has the most liberal use of the blur filter I've ever seen, and that still didn't keep the framerate from tanking when fighting some of the bigger gigantes. More problems include Monster Hunter tier grinding for materials, lack of enemy variety (95% of enemies are PSO2 reskins or just flat out copypasted darkers), boring as fuck characters, and a plot even more full of shonen tripe than the Portable series. The last bit might not have been so bad if the game's premise of survival in an environment that's extremely hostile to life hadn't sounded so good. About the only positive thing I can say about it is that it laid the groundwork for three button combat in PSO2.

So it is something different? I'm about confused as shit.

PSO2 has 3 layers of names:

Account username
Player ID
Character name

What we want is your Player ID, since your account username is worthless to us, and characters can have any name they want with duplicates.

Should've done it long time ago as it's always the same…
Picrelated is how to find your Player ID Name and how we search for it as well, you can see the option we have to find players and try some completely unique name like kirito and see why char name isn't good.

There is also account number or some shit like posted.
I dunno if it has any value other than knowing how many accounts were registered before yourself.

Sent btw.

This number is meaningless.

It kinda reminds me a series of comics showing how katana progressively outruled sword to the point of Hu becoming literal sub to Br.
SEGA MADE SWORDS GREAT AGAIN

sounds a bit like some pozzed multi-cult shit there pally.

Holla Forums may be infected with reddit, but I'd take a pure Holla Forums group over some mixed shit because the group is desperate for members

the /vg/ group from 4chan isn't the 8ch group son

You're welcome to go make your racially pure Holla Forums team then. We're just doing what we've been doing since day one of the team when the first leader said that this team is supposed to be open, and the only rule is don't be a faggot.

I don't know what group you're referring to, but I'm talking about 7-11 here. We've never came from halfchan /vg/ and the only person that is a regular over there joined for a while then left.

So it's the reddit group, got it

I wish some fucking knuckle skills would drop already. I wanna punch shit around, but it's getting boring with just 2 skills and regular punches.

Why do you act like a bitch, user?

Just buy them off the player market. You can photon arts by weapon. Most of the PAs should be cheap, it's usually just ones that drop in Extreme Quests that are pricey. I think the max level that can be sold is 10.

In addition, the Photon Drop shop has several PAs that can be traded for, so get those also.

*You can search photon arts by weapon.

I'm confused, what exactly's the issue with facial tattoos?

Inb4 "Degenerate"

they look ugly and like all tattoos, they're degenerate

That sounds pretty subjective to me, user ;^)

is it subjective to say this piece of shit is ugly? no of course not, cuz some things can be objectively bad

So, can someone give me a recipe for 4s unit max pp affixes? Disregarding atk is fine. Poor man edition pls since I am poor…

Mark should really lose some weight. Eating all those cakes by himself is bound to catch up to him some day.

why lol, he's jewish and has no reason to

that's not an argument

because you sound so much like a Holla Forums poster with your race shit.

One world amirite :^)

shut the fuck up nigger.

Go shitpost somewhere else.

Whats the matter? Upset your multi-cultural group is no better than EU "accept the immigrants"

pso2affix.seilent.net/#!/s=EB03.XA01.ZA01&1=TA01.ZA01.ZB01&2=RE23.ZA01.EB03&3=TA01.ZB01.ZC01&4=TA01.ZA01.ZC01&5=RC33.ZA01.EB03.OA02&r=&o=

It's just one more slot for 2PP, don't be that much of a cheapo.

To live longer.

What's going on? I shitpost and make racist jokes in team chat constantly and people can take the bantz. Those who can't filter our relatively quickly.
If anything team is fucking silent and usually focused on doing the same repetitive shit like grind specific quest or EQ.
It's boring, but relatively cancer free. Except for myself lol :^)

nah, you just buy a new heart every once ana while and fuck just born males then drink their blood, much easier

I'm just shit posting at a group that is taking in anyone it cane because it can't find a playerbase on the site it started on making it pretty much a reddit outfit.

just downloaded this game and made a character, gameplay is fun so far, r8 my cowboy

John Wayne with a beard/10

New EQ in about 1.5 hours, are we hype?

Looks like an older version of one team's member main.

truly an amazing game

I wasn't criticizing it, i honestly thought that was pretty funny

t. crystal breaker

Portable 1 or 2?
I like the older games due to their more "raw" gameplay. While i do enjoy pso2 it's too floaty for me.

PSP2 is god-tier.
If you don't care about waifu/daughteru shit you can skip PSP1.

No, i played both, i was asking which ones he played.
I was about to recommend him portable 2 if he only played 1.

Eng patch for infinity never ever.

Time to break out my old, shitty OC.

It's the same game with a bunch of new dungeons, NPCs and dialogues. Basically an add on.
It's not a huge loss.

I wish PSO2 would still have one handed weapons, even if they didn't drop the action movie/tokusatsu like over the top combat.
Playing a pirate Duman with sword/gun combo was way too much fun.

Bah, fucking gooks. Player ID is Karsia.

Second time doing this eq and got 13*.

Why did I decide to run this as a summoner

Shitty angles because fuck this game's camera.

I couldn't find a screenshot with a cute loli so enjoy some fat guys instead.
bump~

I really wish this game had some sort of survival/endless gauntlet mode kinda like Extreme Quest, but where you can fight endlessly against progressively stronger enemies and bosses.
Game's combat is so good, but it hardly goes anywhere with it.

Gonna see if I can replicate this. Will be pretty good if I can take shots, if only shitty T1 ones.

Merry fucking christmas you kissless virgins

That's some high quality toaster

kinda miss you fags, just wish I wasn't such shit at the game

Just started a few days ago, how long does it take until I'm no longer able to just mindlessly kill everything? The game's fun but nothing lives long enough for me to try out cuhraazy combos on.

When you reach SH and XH difficulties.

Btw the best way to level is to do EQs with full boosts. Some EQs are very good for exp others are mediocre but it's still best exp till SH. Dont be stingy with boosts you get from titles and other places, use any you need except, maybe 100triboosts, buy or exchange exp boosts if run out of those as using them is the way to level. Also drink bonus, treeboost and party boost are multiplicative so being in a 4arks party (NPCs give less) with 10% treeboost, 30% daily boost, 75expboost and 50triboost will get you 1.4*1.1*(1+0.3+0.75+0.5)~=3.927 exp multiplier, even more if you get lucky with drink. With all that getting to SH should take a day or two and there you'll get tons of 10-11* weapons for almost unlimited 75%exp and 250%rdr boosts. So like everything before SH is just a stupid long tutorial that allows you to get used to class before it starts to matter.

>shota geki
I'm running out of character themes.
I do have a pilot in plan though.

What terrible characters.
Why when presented with almost infinite freedom people choose to do stupid and ugly shit?

(off by one)
It happens when you have created many waifus and husbandos. After that you want to make something a little…different

Looks like david duke.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

tbh Xiao was annoying little piece of shit, so it's good they replaced him with the best girl.

But that's not how it goes in the anime!

Think about it, when have you last seen Xiao? When has anyone in EP4 seen Xiao? Even Sara only has voice comms with him.

XIAO IS DEAD MOTHER WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Also, has anyone used the new tweaker version? I just downloaded it and it seems to have improved on absolutely nothing.

It's just a new skin.

Basically. I tried playing again, the new tweaker fucks up the english story patch, the translation proxy does nothing but disconnect and tries to force shitty block 10 chat on you, and sega deactivated secureOTP since the last time I played, meaning I can log in but never change OTPs again or access account management (-100 storage).

Fuck this game.

Stop hate, do love!
Anyway, there's not much you can do about story patch, the lazy fucks don't really translate it anyway, use youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZsqq3dLcABOM7HcM_tSLD7OI-YjyPUr9 for subs, preferably on phone so you don't have to alttab. You don't need proxy unless you are a SEA monkey, item patch is separate. SecureOTP was deactivated in favor of jewgleOTP, it's the same thing except if you fuck up you gotta deal with sega and not the otp staff, as usual make multiple backups of OTP data.

The proxy translated some other things that came from the server, it seems. I wasn't planning to use it. However…
It seems you didn't read my post. You can't remove SecureOTP without going through SEGA's gaijin filter support. I can't switch to google authenticator, and can never get those 100 inventory slots back without paying money, which I outright refuse to do under any circumstances.

Wait, wat? Didn't they just disable it?

Yes. They disabled it, and nothing else. They didn't actually remove it from your account if you didn't do it yourself while it was active.

They removed it. When you log on, it will be like you didn't even have otp set up.

Source: I played like one week after secureotp died before setting google authentication.

With all due respect, you're a retarded fucking nigger.

I know enough that this question will be answered with something along the lines of "this isn't like other MMOs", but is there any particular class that is wanted in any party/team like priests are? I know Ra's are useful as WB dispensers, but that's about it.

Force. No reason to play any other class at all, damage output is a good deal higher than every other class.

Even weak bullet has lost its luster as of Profound Darkness. PSO2's mechanics just don't mesh well with the "stand in place spamming heals and MP potions" style of healing. The closest you'll get to that in PSO2 is probably a talis techer with shifta strike, deband toughness, and maxed out wind boosts, but everyone just considers them gimped forces, which hilariously still makes them better than the average wand techer that spends half of any emergency quest eating floor.

It depends on the EQ. I'm being very useful in this new EQ as a zanverse spamming TE/BO, due to the boss's weak weakness.

Various other bosses are "weak" to certain class combinations or PA combinations, too.

Also don't listen to this

shitter because while FO might have top DPS, it takes just as much effort as any other class to get the gear and such to make that happen.

Wand techer is for smacking shit around and using techs for occasional self heal and shitfa, the same as DB bouncer.
It's fun class, but not good for minmaxing/tryharding.

As someone who played this and Project Gorgon…

REMOVE DEER, SPECIES WAR NOW.

Are any of the classes in PSO2 more fun than the others, or is it just a preference thing? I'm pretty sure I tried to get into this before but I couldn't, even though I want to like it

cancer

Every class or class combo has its own playstyle, some are harder, others are easier to play so there will be one that will be more fun for you than others. This can also change - I found bbow mega stupid and boring at first now it's my favorite weapon. Also playstyles usually aren't as simple as it seems at first, for example GuRa wants weakpoints/headshots for mad multipliers and larger bosses have those way above ground so you gotta learn to use PAs to go up and move around while CTing and dodging. Same with PAs, some have superior damage, others have utility and some DPS PAs can fuck up your positioning so you use weaker ones, etc etc.

For full on cuhrayzee melee beat em up play Fighter, preferably with daggers.
For tacticool bullshit set ups and massive dumbers when done right play Gunner
For I'm gonna expand your anus from 10 meters and make it shoot fireworks away kind of magic user play with talises.

I logged like 1000 hours on the original PSO(for Gamecube) in mostly single player, remember it being 4am and I was telepiping rares just to show off to my 2 friends

Haven't tried pso2 cause I couldn't get it to work

you don't have to be jealous

inari forgives you

my sides

I got the indigo guardian shiki model kit
window looks funny but is workable
Ok, lets check and patch the game and play as is
Wow, I hope the code for the shiki armor is still good.

I remember you from one of the rare drop concerts. That was good times. Cracked me up.

Learn to draw and you'll see why you're an embarrassment. It's okay to be an embarrassment as long as you strive to improve yourself

For better or for worse PSO2 is nothing like PSO1 except for basic progression mode - you clear out dungeons and chill in the lobby, beyond this similarities end. It's basically tokusatsu in story, aesthetic and gameplay.

what does drawing have to do with anything

I wanted to try it but it wouldn't download for me and I just gave up, now I doubt I even have the harddrive space for it anymore

You'll appreciate beauty more and realize the abomination you created.

30 gigs for a mmo isn't even a lot. Modern single player games are 100+ GBs.
I dunno what could possibly go wrong, maybe some unlucky tweaker version.

I've been creating characters in computer games since the original everquest, I love my character and the way she looks, and the fact that people think she's ugly or "an abomination" is endlessly amusing to me

Tweaker got updated recently with whole new bloated UI and new bugs. You can try the older version f.lewd.se/ToYMVE_PSO2Tweaker.exe which means it'll probably download the same shit again or use slow but stable official launcher.

I was just about to say that is one ugly character and I really wish you'd stop posting it. It's the eyes. I don't know why but it just looks horrible.

can someone spoonfeed me and point to a guide into PSO2?

i'm a newfag, never played PSO

It's less about the class and more about weapons. For example, people here complain about how brain dead and monotonous bouncer is, and it's because they use dual blades and do nothing but spam photon blade fever. In contrast, most of the people in my team have mentioned that they love bouncer because jet boots are so fun to use. Rod force vs talis force is another textbook example of this with rod forces spamming ra foie like they're brain dead while talis forces are doing things like long distance round ups of enemies before dropping a meteor on them.

google arks layer

DBs are pretty good if you don't use lazy shit like pbf or that one flying AOE move.

Thanks anons. I think originally I actually wanted to try jet boots the first time I played. I think I read a little while ago that you can change your class or whatever pretty easily, though, so maybe I'll try Fighter and some other mixes as well.

Only just started, and totally made a child force.

It's only logical.

didn't do a loli in this case tbh

I hate people like you. You're no different from furfags.