Tfw the retro gaming price bubble has finally burst and collectors are in tears

Tfw the retro gaming price bubble has finally burst and collectors are in tears

The days of hipsters at cons trying to sell Zelda for 300 trumpbux "because its gold" may well be over. The market was fluctuating after some folks revealed they were sitting on huge sealed collections and put them out in the wild and all the guys who want a 50,000 NES game they seal in a plastic case forever have found their stuff is becoming worthless again. The NES mini made it even worse for certain titles as normalfags now have no need to track them down.

The bubbles crashed lads. Its finally over.

hopefully the john candy avatarfags shows up again to give us another "b-but its capitalism and these people are terrorists" rant like the other month with the little spamsom copies sold for 15 dollars.

More news at 11.

How badly are your investments doing sir?

Provide proof please. I want to read this and laugh. I want to see their blogs where their "collection" worth plummets or something. Thanks in advance.

Console faggots are pathetic.

You people make me ashamed of actually rooting for trump
Can you at least try not being cringeworthy for one second in your life

your time in the bog comes soon normal.

But the fucking virtual console existed for years along with emulators on phones nowadays.

>Not having at least 5 Trump dollarsWorth $1,000 USD each stashed away somewhere.

Everyone look at this fag and laugh.

top jej

Those didn't drive down the price of original hardware though.
There is a place for original hardware, and it's nice to see scalpers finally get at least part of what they deserve.
Still waiting for scalping to become a hanging offense though

Its memes for four more years, if we haven't collapsed by then. The cringing has only just begun.

Man I still play on my NES for duck hunt. Old CRT and everything from my parents place. Have made it to level 26 before. Can't miss a single bird at that point.

But keeping it around to be a "collector item"? Maybe if you keep it operable/clean for another 50 years. But right now, there's still a ton of them in circulation. Same goes for ataris, genesis, nomads, w/e.

This shit is going on for 8 years, and could only be cut short 4 years if Hulk Hogan and Arnold ran democrat for shits and giggles.

I call bullshit on that. Just wait until the newest Marvel Vs. Capcom game is released, then you'll see prices for the original, 2, & 3 (Particularly Ultimate Marvel 3) go up.

The human body is designed to withstand so many memes.

You mean it's finally gonna cost me under $50 for any game worth half a shit to own/play? FINALLY?

It's the next level of human evolution. Soon we will advance into maximum overkek, and life will only be a continuous stream of laughter.

We shall harness this new energy and use this as fuel for our journey to the stars.

but a gameboy player will still cost you six goats and your firstborne childs hand in wedlock.

What rapefugee even has a Gameboy Player to demand such a price for it?

where do you think they all vanished to?

I could buy one for way cheaper at my local store, who falls for this shit?

Why would anyone pag for 1 when you can play on fightcade, or 3 since it's been rereleased with all DLC included

Yeah but all the vaguely low print games and merch from around 2007 are going to be impossible because of the big bang theory.
This isn't a victory at all.
Scalpers are going to scalp and hipsters are going to scoop up all the physical products for social cred for years to come.

Idiots and hipsters trying to look cool in front of their friends.

The only real salvation is better documentation of old hardware and custom firmware for burned copies.

Like, Zelda 2? The ones that were ALL gold?

Now how does that happen when nobody can get an NES mini without paying out the ass through scalpers. I call bullshit.

You're either a woman or just a massive fag because you surely write like one.

Maybe in the U.S.
Europe and 2nd world still has it tough

I don't know much about the happenings, but I remember that Pat did some fun videos about it.

And this is the last thing I knew about this mess.

The only thing I want real hardware for is light gun stuff, just depressing with a mouse. Loses a big part of the novelty.

Thank God. Now maybe I'll be able to afford some of the NES games that I've been wanting. And I need to get a…something to repair my SNES too.

Daily reminder that nobody gives a shit about your own hipster ass, specially since flashcarts are a thing and NES/SNES cycle accurate emulation is also a thing

TITS OR GET THE FUCK OUT

These two alone don't help me that us as it's still mostly theory and a few stupid games. I wanted that all the games the youtube stars manipulate prices on to drop to something like $3 like they use to be in the US and currently are in japan. I emulate all my games but have my favorite ps1, ps2, saturn, dc jrpgs sitting around still for some reason and these faggots just annoy me and I want to see their dreams destroyed.

I thought avatarfags were using Kevin James

(^: Nintendo are making more of them

But nintendo is the greatest scalper :V)E3

yep, that speech pattern means woman, or momma's boy. probably a NEET whose only social interactions are (a) momma and (b) the screeching niggers on momma's TV set

The market will always be there. Emulation is not 100%. Probably will never be. In order to see most of this die we need a way to keep the consoles alive without cartridges or discs.
I do have a collection I'm proud of, but, I buy to play, not to sell. And even with emulation, there is a little magic to get a game and put it on a console that is hard to kill.
So, yeah, these fags will always exist, but, if we can make consoles run without the physical games, they will lose much ground I think.
Pic of my collection.

Nigger, people want the original hardware and games, if they didn't flash carts would have completely decimated prices years ago.

They don't work that well, and most consoles just don't have them.
Hell, people are just now understanding the freaking Saturn! DC emulations still not that great either, and only a very limited number of models of that console can run flash cards. The OG Xbox is a mix bag because it's kind of easy to flash it, but there is not emulation functional at the moment.
So, flash cards and emulation is not enough yet.

Or for that matter, PSP CFW, which does exactly what you propose, but you still expensive shit on it.

I will never understand these people.

No wonder your emulate a gf.

Just emulate it's not rocket appliances.

Well yeah.
Everything after that era sucks, pleb.

Fucking roasted

Because any retard that can't emulate a DC or even thinks that there are no good games past the n64 era isn't going to know how to run dosbox.

PROTIP: if you buy something other than jRPGs and games with Smash characters, it was seldom all that expensive

are you not a collector yourself?
I like to own the video games I like

Everything on consoles past the snes and genesis sucks dick, get the fuck out.

HEH

What makes you think this? The retro bubble seems to be getting worse by the day, especially when something like the NES classic edition scalping happens and more people see that they can try to make a profit out of video games. Although I do believe that the bubble will pop or at least stabilize at some point for certain consoles once people move on to the next big thing like what is happening with crazy Snes prices right now.

What nintendo should do is make something to read old nintendo games and able to connect to a modern tv.

I bought a refurbished SP for $10 the other day.

Recent pickup here too..

VS SMB playable on NES with High Score and Settings saved on Battery Back up.

The 2016 election and Holla Forums has soiled the entire site and turned it into just another redditor shit hole, I mean there was always the threat of that happening, especially after GG but this was the final nail in the coffin.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Non US nonhumans have no valuable input about the US elections. Deal with your EU garbage.

Good taste, user. Also nice collection.

Why did you skip psx and saturn? You thought those were post-n64 era? Jesus.

Like ugh, really, I can't even.

I'm just messing with you on the Saturn since 2d > 3d but last I checked Saturn emulation is a fucking mess still.

tfw I still have all my old NES/Mastersystem/Genesis/Saturn/Snes/64 games?

These were actually worth something? If I knew Earthbound was worth $400 I would've sold it for half that.

The only game I ever break out my SNES for is Kirby's Avalanche anyways since I'd rather just play emulated versions of them.

Any games still worth $60+ that I should sell off?

Also guys; if you actually want to make money off retrogaming or just clearing shit off your shelf, there are expos and conventions you can take your happy asses to and make good margins from objectively autistic people with way too much money. I was able to sell almost all the physical games I had (probably paid around $500 for them all) for ~$1,100. I'm keeping my Maxis stuff though, that's most of my childhood gaming.

What did they think? That decks and cards only 10-30 years old would just been thrown away, erased from history?

I'm certain even the people working for the game-studios got tons of pieces left. And seriously, if you're not collecting stuff that can be sold for atleast 5-6 zeroes, it's not worth the risk, better to work, you'll earn the same.

Is fine, I already sold all my big ticket stuff over the past two years.
Almost $680 for an open box Earthbound
Over $200 for Fire n' Ice
$145 for an Nes with refreshed pins and a handful of starter titles.
$75ish for Nintendo Power collectibles (like watches)
Bought some nice guns which will never depreciate regardless of whatever is happening.

Now I don't even care about Murrican politics, but at least they made the place fun. The only ones getting butthurt are faggots like you who thought 8ch is an edgier version of Dumblr, just like the Redditor that you are.

Now where have I seen that before?

Suck my dick faggot.

They're $30 on eBay…

It was pretty widely known a few months ago that a collector who likely worked in retail/acquired assets from a retail store was opening and selling cases of sealed games, generating endless salt from the especially hardcore collecting crowd.. You're just as behind the times as OP.

At least we now have cycle accurate emulators…

Collecting old games is pathetic? Yeah it's a huge waste of money and a perversion of the hobby. Just get a flash cart and maybe a few games that have sentimental value to you if the're cheap.

Owning original hardware is pathetic? Only if you're a fucking pleb.

I built up my retro vidya and console collection by going on Lifeline raids.

Bogans don't need vidya anyway….

Yes, you are fucking pathetic, stop being a kike puppet and leave the collecting to the collecting hording faggots with a mental problem.

No he's right dipshit, we made threads about this when the news became apparent. If something new apparently happened like him releasing a shitload of rare copies then the thread makes sense.

Oh the lovely 80's.

What's it like living in a trailer?

Fucking casual

>>>/out/

I just want the manuals and boxes with all the cool artwork.

I know for sure the next place Im moving to will have a room dedicated to wood paneling

pic related

1 story ranch that was built in the 50s, though just got a new job, planning on moving.

This confuses me. Even my six year old normalfag nephew knows how to use emulators. You can just go to google and download the entire NES library and put it on a thumb drive in like 2 minutes.

Wait! What!? Fuck! Those were worth something? I really missed the boat on this one.

I want to ask you seriously, bro. I believe wholeheartedly and without reservation in the existence of our lord Kek, but sometimes I question his nature. Is he merely our Lil Slugger, symbolizing an escape and a hidey hole from the world, or can he truly bring in the dawn of the new world?

bump

Wait, isn't this a *good* thing for collectors, since now it costs less to add games to their collections?

Unless you meant collectors are in tears of joy.

With the box and manual and such a game like the Ocarina of Time on the N64 would be listed at over 200$ on ebay for a long time. I never contemplated selling mine but there had been a long term price rise for those games over the past 5 years. I've never gone to any cons or anything like that so I have been pretty out of the loop however.