I don't know what I want, but I need something depressing and dark

Halloween has come and gone, but I'm still in the mood. Got anything with a melancholy atmosphere?

real world.

Fallout 1.5
Arcanum

"Art" games.

Just finished a week ago. Was decent

Kingsfield games are pretty gloomy

Bloodborne, Dead Space, LISA: The Painful, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill

>>>/r9k/

I have no mouth and I must scream maybe?

I could always go for more Dark Souls…

There was this hentai "teaching feelings" game a few months back about you getting posession of a slave girl and can either make her a cock-hungry daughterfu or you can abuse the shit out of her. Don't know if that's your style.

Anyways, there are a lot of really messed up japanese games so if you speak moon runes go for it, they're into some weird shit over there.

Other than that I'd say the

Play The Void (Or Turgor if you're a Rooskie) by Ice-Pick Lounge. Pretty fucking depressing atmosphere with crazy visuals, it's a bit clunky I admit but it's definitely worth trying out.

I am Setsuna.

Is Darkest Dungeon out of Beta yet?
Soma was alright. They have custom stories yet?

If you had to just play one in the previous series I'd recommend Shadow Tower Abyss instead, or King's Field II. I wouldn't start with King's Field IV

It's really not

Yup it's out, no idea about Soma tho.

Looking forward to the re-done version of Pathologic. The Void was ok. Slavs make great depressing games.

Shadow Tower Abyss seems to have some potential.

Necrovision

Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi

Both are Horror FPS games. Neither make you feel too powerful for the horror to get at you.

Only video games allowed as suggestions? Any other mediums?

If other people don't get too upset, I don't mind.

Then I'd suggest an anime called Texhnolyze, if you're interested in the medium.
Fits into that "melancholy atmosphere" you're looking for.

Not really dark, but Evergrace is melancholy the video game.
Also while King's Field was thematic progenitor of Souls franchise, Evergrace was a mechanic one.

-Penumbra
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R
-Heretic/Hexen
-Grim Dawn
-Underrail
-Age of Decadence
-Skyrim with mods

If you want asthetic games that are close to Beksinski art theres always this besides Agony.
None of them have been released though.
Noticed you posted Scorn

this was the first game i got for ps2 when i was a kid and man i never beat it, at the time i found it really boring and complicated

looking back at some videos it might ave been just that but still shame i never beat it

The Legacy of Kain games if you want good writing.

Just Browse Pizzagate threads that'll fuck you up real good.

Bloodborne
Dark Souls
Silent Hill 2
Manhunt
Postal
Shin Megami Tensei
Dead Rising 3 for its depressing colors and music
and Dead Island for how horrible its movement and combat are

The Void

This

The Swapper gets really depressing by the end and going through the abandoned ship does in fact have a melancholy atmosphere.

it is kinda sad real world is edgier then vidaya nowadays.