This game is fucking terrible

This game is fucking terrible.
There's absolutely no way to get on the same level as everybody else without paying an exorbitant amount of money. It doesn't matter if there's enough other people on your level that are also playing the game, because for whatever reason you will still be matched with people that are way above your level.

You have to grind away to really boring quests to get barely enough to get one booster pack a day. And even when you do get one, because of the game was designed, you won't be able to use most of the cards you got, which will just leave you grinding over and over at this boring ass game while still remaining behind.

The ONLY reason why this game has an audience is because for whatever reason Magic Duels Online and Pokemon TCG online REFUSE to port their games to all mobile devices.

It's FUCKING TRASH.
Fuck you if you play it

git gud
Isn't this game dead as fuck anyways

no

Good job figuring out what we've known for years.

My friend started playing it a month or so ago, both as a mobile timewaster and as serious interest on the pc. He still plays some proper games too, but I really hope he loses interest really quickly.

Also, what would the major interest in this game be? A ginormous P2W-factor and you will be, sooner or later, get fucked by the RNG.

Welcome to why everyone with sense stopped playing Hearthstone. Wasn't too bad at the start but now that standard mode has like 6 sets in it with mandatory OP cards from all of them in every good deck that will cost you several hundred dollars or several hundred hours to get half of there's basically no way to keep up with it. You either nolife grind and it's a job instead of a game or you pay out the nose every few months when a new set comes out and either way you lose it all a year later when the sets rotate.

The fact that it is, deep at the core, there is a fun game.
But for some reason Blizzard decided to make it into Yugioh 2. The deck that can put in the most bigger numbers in the lowest time wins. There's no strategy to it, the way the p2w model works doesn't encourage strategies.

I was alright with that when I was still playing, I never put a dollar into the game. The second they began releasing the stories and expansions and shit it became impossible to remain competitive without the new meta cards and I just said 'fuck it' and haven't touched it since.

For myself, the game is about being good at paying zero, playing only every third day to do the 'quests' and the tavern brawl. If you are having trouble starting out because everyone else is stacked, just use cards that draw cards and low cost cards that buff one another or take out the opposition or hamper them in someway.

I wish Kripp would play ARPGs again

Now Kripp almost cries because he lost to a bot that didn't use any "strategy" and had "no new cards in his deck"
Sorry for no webm

Just play Shadowverse and install the Japanese voice pack.

why can't I fucking post

I haven't been a fan of the game for a while now. I know the devs have been saying for a while now that they want to revamp ranked so that this isn't as much of an issue, but as far as I know they haven't done anything. Wonder why :^)

No thanks. I'd rather play Eternal which doesn't have any of the baggage that comes with the HS model like stable on-curve plays and RNG and is very generous for F2P players. Pic related is after I played about 30h without paying.

Isn't this just every TCG in general?

Fuck this all
deleted my other posts

Most have problems, but as far as their game counterpart go they're not as bad as this.
Pokemon TCGO has really good matchmaking and ways to get boosters, same goes for Magic too at an extent.

Part of it is, for sure. But a lot of the problems that plague Hearthstone have already been solved by other TCGs.

I play Hearthstone while reading or playing slower games or while waiting in queues. Excellent time waster.

I had no idea Shadowverse had any censorship. I was just about to drop some money on that game for a few packs. But since they want to play lowest common denominator, I'm passing and uninstalling.

Thanks.

It's shitzards biggest cash cow iirc.

There was a bit that got into the biggest ranking or pretty close to it, by simply playing the meta cards however he drew them.
So as long as you have the money you'll be able to get the legendary or whatever it was ranking.

You don't need to take my word for it. Here's a censored gaming video that goes over the censored bits and the interview where they said they'll censor more shit.

It's miles better than Hearthstone and the stuff I got from the free packs weren't shit.

Let's face it, Hearth Stone is basically Magic for casuals. I just play Magic: Duels to get my card game fix online.

I would like the game more if people would hurry the fuck up. Too many times I have had people who do nothing until the last few seconds.

Yeah just keep playing. They'll censor something in the future you care about or prevent working around the censorship and I'm sure it'll be fine. Just keep playing and show that you think it's ok that they decide what you want.

Eternal is basically a spinoff of Magic which makes it the only good Magic-like digital card game on the market considering the people who run that shit have no idea what the fuck they're doing with shit like MTGO. Mechanically it's almost the same game except there's some changes to the resource system that alleviate mana screw (but doesn't remove it completely) and some of the cards have effects like "When this character attacks draw the top card of your deck if it's a spell" that wouldn't really make sense in traditional card games.

evangelion_congratulations.mp4

and then you get matched against people with better cards and there is literaly no way to beat them without paying yourself. fuck this game.

What did you expect OP?
Ever heard the saying: "If you're not paying for a product, YOU'RE the product?"

You're the riff-raff they set up against the paying players. You know, the guys that dropped 100$ to stomp your ass?
The whole thing is geared towards giving you a win or two every now and then. All to give you the illusion that you can actually win with free shit. Bullshit. You can read up on a guide or two or watch a couple videos and find out it's mathematically impossible. If you don't drop money on it, don't expect a winrate above 10%.

You mean the shit tier past time where you can't even use the decks you've built and collected and are limited to a literal RNGesus?
Consider the fact that the paying players will play that once or twice a week. They can't stomp fremmium players there!
And even then, here's the perversion of the "draft" shit: can you play it freely anytime you want?
FUCKING NO
You gotta play a few "normal" matches against people rofflestomping all day so you can gather some "dust" or "gems" or wathever your particular brand of cancer calls it. THEN you get to play in draft.
Can you guess why?
TO FORCE YOU TO PLAY AGAINST PEOPLE WHO DROPPED MONEY ON IT
But wait there's more!
Draft mode will give you rewards, right? Maybe you can win a very rare card once in a while and make a deck that stomps players, right?
Fuck no. No single card wins a game by itself. Most basic strats need 5 cards minimum. Can you guess how long it takes you to get those 5 cards (getting stomped in normal matches for days, grinding "dust" to enter the arena)?
LONG ENOUGH FOR A NEW EXPAC TO COME OUT

Never, EVER play a "free game" if you're not gonna pay in the first place. And if it looks like that your investement is gonna turn to shit in 2 months, NEVER EVER PLAY IT AT ALL.

By the way, I don't really know if it's dust, or coins or wathever they called their monopoly money. It's all for the purpose of abstraction, to keep you thinking you're managing resources, that you're in control of how much you spend/waste.
You're not. You'll be looking at a large fucking drain that keeps sucking everything you throw at it and then some more.

Fuck you OP, I had a friend that dropped 1200$ on this shit and I told the guy to fuck off losing a friend. You're making me remember that shit all over again.

Youre thinking of heroes of the storm

Hearth and Overwatch are Blizzard's new cashcows now that WoW is basicly just a shambling corpse

what kind of planet do you live in to make an statement like that?

The only f2p games I have experience with are Dota and Team Fortress
I just wasn't expecting something with an audience this big to be this bad

I'm sick of the Blizzdrones on this fucking board, Jesus Christ.

I can't believe how fucking retarded you are

Consider that:
Seriously, that thing made them buckets of money. They don't care about it now. In fact, it might be best for them if TF2 died so they can launch TF3 without competition so there's at least one thing Overwatch did well: take a dump on Fatnewel's mouth

And I dare say, might be raking in more than TF2 does. They still tend to it like a nice vegetable garden, only instead of cabbages, they reap dollar bills.
Some user should have that pic about how much money that compendium shit gave'em, I don't play Dota so I didn't care that much.

Overwatch might have a large slew of problems, but there's one I thing I give it praise: if you pay 40$ bucks for it, you get everything. Fuck this microtransaction shit.

And I'm sick of 4channers coming here and thinking "I hate u" is post-worthy.
Take a hike, dumbo. Noone cares what makes you sick.

"Hey guys lets have a thread about this shitty game that I hate.
I really hate it so don't derail the thread ok?"

t.Blizzdrone

So this is what having brain damage looks like

I disagree. The game isn't particularly good, but on mobile it's leagues better than most other flash tier shit. If you just do daily quests every three or four days and play arena you can get a decent amount of entertainment out of it for the price of 0. Even basic decks with little modification can still be playable in normal play modes.

The people who do spend money on it, however, are ridiculous. The first time I ever met someone who bought anything for a f2p game was when this launched; around 200 packs at once which is fucking insane.

Go play Infinite Wars instead.
Please.

I feel your pain. Nice game, but deader than disco.

There, uncensored.

Kill yourself OP
Good job wasting money on a shitty Card game by the way.

shill it to me

The whole point of the thread is that I don't spend any money on it
Jesus christ man, get a grip

I quit because it's just not possible to compete without paying. Look what Luminous had to go through to get top rank without paying

That's what I'm gonna do to
too bad tbh

Kripp is such a bitch, I don't get why people watch him or fucking Reynad.

I play because my D&D groups do and we play at the local hobby shop that's primary focused on TCGs, so they like card games. I also got a soft spot for Warcraft kitch.
Much cheaper than MtG, I've dropped 40 bucks into hearthstone and I beat all their goober asses who've dropped way more. 40 bucks in MtG will get you a single decently competitive deck.

Honestly though, virtual "TCGs" should be way cheaper, better organized and offer countless formats.

Come play Duelyst
Same problems as HS about ranked seems to be decent until you get to mid silver Rank 14/15 where you need good cards to compete

Seemed fun but the game was dead or semi dead when I played it.

That's a fucking funny way of saying it does NOTHING to alleviate mana screw. It's literally copy paste the same system from Magic with the only change being to the concept of threshold (which Hex already did).

I'd recommend Spellweaver if you want the whole land drop thing with a much lower chance to dead draw/not draw lands. It's also a better game too, go figure.

TCG with simultaneous card plays, so you have to guess what your opponent is playing, what units they're attacking/defending with, etc. and play in kind. Has a commander system closer to Force of Will than Magic: you choose three different commanders which dictate the cards you can add to your deck, and each one can use their abilities from the beginning of the game, or you can play them as units like in FoW.

Also uses a steady resource income like most modern card games. You can spend those resources to change cards your hand or invest into a higher resource cap. Also, an additional life bar that goes down with each unit death. Acts as an anti stall and for one faction as a separate win condition.

Not all of them are this jewish or this shitty a game, infinity wards craps out free random cards and boosters for you, while Hex while just as jewish if not more than Heartstone is actually a good Magic clone with some interesting shit, if you're into that stuff. There are some other decent ones like faeria I guess.

There are legitimate reasons to play this game. The main reason being that it's shit, but every other card game is more shit. It does a lot of things fundamentally right but then shits all over it with rigged RNG.

I'd explain in detail but the fucking 100% bug will get me if I say anything more than 2 lines.

you mean shittier? if so you have terrible taste.

reno jackson is to hearthstone as pendulums monsters are to yugioh

who could've thought they would invent ways to make people spend more money into more powerful and expensive cards after initial baiting into seemingly well balanced non-P2W game

like was it ever happened in TCG gaming before

I think Reno will get a nerf/cost increase pretty soon comparing him to the other "NO DUPES" Legendary cards that got introduced in the latest expansion net even being remotely as good and his main defenders are the ones defending the "Unique" mechanic rather then the heal itself, i also think Weasel is SUPPOSED to be a attempt to give a "cheap counter" to it since if you kill of 2 of em, your opponent now has 2 Weasels and can't activate the "NO DULICATES" Battlecry, Haven't experimented with it though.

I had a hilarious match once where a opponent oneshotted himself cause of Auchenai Soulpriest being on the field when Reno was played.

Isn't Reno going to be phased out of Standard with the next set of cards anyway? I doubt they'll spend any manpower on it at this point.

Kill yourself

you need to go back to reddit friend.

and you need to try and be less pathetic, and failing that, an hero

Downloading duelyst and infinity wars (thanks user who said infinite wars) to see how they are

Then how have the world's top players/streamers started fresh accounts, which they then used to win actual tournaments, without spending a dime? Trust me, I'm all for calling out Blacktivision for being a shitty company that make shitty games, but try to criticize the game on its actual flaws, not some silly nonsense you invented in your own mind.

what the fuck is going on? did $20chan go down again and shitters from there are flooding in again?

(Nice)
Nah, Black rock mountain and grand tournament are going into wild. Reno is here for another year. Though this means you can craft twilight welp, blackwing corrupter, drakonid crusher for cheap soon.

What a missed abortion

But it's you and your kind who get offended when a drawing shows skins. I have no issue with bare skin but what I do have issue with is selfcensoring to appeal to a wider audience or censoring because someone can't handle the word "Satan" in a card. You should really just crawl back to whatever shithole it is that you dropped out of.

Where did I get upset over drawings that show skin?

Stop making things up and kill yourself, do your parents a favor

Then why would you want for them to cover up some anime breasts? Did you just butt in on a conversation without reading what it was about? If you don't want censorship then why are you being so edgy towards me because that's what the user here wants and it sure as hell seemed like you felt like defending him for some reason.

So retarded it hurts

So ignoring the retard, downloaded duelyst and infinity wars (thanks to the user who said infinite wars).

Played Duelyst and aside from newgrounds flashgame tier general portraits it's okay, gonna have to play more to see what the grind is like though.

But infinity wars first.

>>>/cuckchan/

No really, just go back to where ever it is you came from. You'll be happier there.

I'm quit content laughing at you pathetic permavirgins that gets butthurt over not being shown drawings of skin thanks

It costs ten bucks to post where he belongs. If he's looking for free to play digital card games he's probably too cheap to do it.

>There are twelve year olds on Holla Forums right now who are triggered because someone slightly covered up drawings of titties
What a time to be on 8ch

I thought it was twenty bucks to post on cuckchan. As far as I know reddit doesn't have a subscription thing so maybe he should just go there. It's basically the same as $20chan.

>There are cucks on Holla Forums right now that are willing to support any way of censorship.
If Mark wasn't a gigantic fat kike, retards like you would be banned on sight.

Because watching a grown man make the "Jeb Bush" face when he loses to rng and cry salt is pleasing to watch.

FTFY. On other classes that can't reliably draw him against aggro, Reno isn't nearly a problem as it is for Warlock. It basically makes their hero power to have no drawback at all, since you're getting all that life spent back anyway.

Mages have Ice Block + Reno next turn, but if that ever becomes a real problem (as it was when Mad Scientist was on the meta), then cards like Eater of Secrets and Flare will find their way into the meta.

In the current state of ranked? smh tbh fam

if your looking for a new cardgame just try out shadowverse they give you 20 packs when you first start out and ive already made 2 competitive decks with in less than a week.

pendulums aren't even an issue you fucking casual
example being that more paleozoic decks topped the last ycs than metalfoes or heroes

i actually wanted to get into yugioh again but there are no good online simulators that are updated and the meta is trap heavy and most games are just coin flips.

What a missed abortion

like ygopro?
or devpro?

I really don't get why people spend money on a virtual card game. Just invest in mtg, ygo, pokémon, or any other tcg with physical cards. At least then you have something physical to play around with.

Draw is in general a massive problem in Hearthstone. It's just too easy to draw your whole deck with shit like Auctioneer. If you can draw easily it's much easier to make all sorts of one-turn kills and shit that's just boring as fuck to play against.

Too autistic even for LCS to handle

I've been suffering HS for the past year or so (basically because I'm falling into the sinking cost fallacy; not money, but time, since I've playing the game since it came out of the beta in 2014, without spending a dime on it). The Gadgetzan expansion might finally make m give up on this shit for good.
The meta is even worse than it was before; if Midrange Shaman was dominating before, now is the same three fucking archetypes, no matter what class you're playing against:
That, or a boring pirate warrior face deck. I've stopped trying to climb the ladder and I've been just doing the quests to keep up with the free gold flow. It's a bore to play it every day just to get one quest out of the schedule and fuck off to play another game.

I've been enjoying Magic: Duels a lot lately. Mostly because I managed to finish 5 of the 6 collections without expending a cent (I'm currently working on Eldritch Moon, and aparently I have until January 30 to do it; it's easy to purchase 2 packs/day just with victory and quest gold). Althought they'll probably have to address some issues soon enough, before the game becomes unplayable (like an infinite combo that you can do just to piss off people).

the banlist wasn't updated for yugiohpro and i want to practice decks before i buy them in real life

YGO is trash. It was always trash, even when it was just the basic set. All those fucking overpowered spells with no cost (Raigeki, Dark Hole, Change of Heart, Monster Reborn, etc.). A vanilla 1700 ATK monster was completely useless. And so on.

so just play unranked with no banlist

Infinity Wars is okay

Guess the 'turns resolve at the same time' and the voice acting scared people away

Apparently they think that, just because HS has a 10-card hard hand limit and a low card count deck, drawing too much is "detrimental". Which it would be, if the only deck that used to take advantage of that was Control Warrior (the Justicar Trueheart version).

And Warlocks can even trade off their hero power for Jaraxxus's one when they have drawn enough. The people in charge of HS are a special kind of retards.

are the reno decks even fun to play and by chance is rouge or any other combo deck viable?

ehh some formats were shit, some were god tier, i really used to live chaos dragons format but the other decks in the meta were aids,

I used to really like the Lord of the Rings TCG gameplay:

With all those MTG and HS clones, someone could really look into it and make a LotR clone with better-designed cards and stuff.

Depends. Mage and Priest Reno decks are very grindy, they win by trying to outvalue your opponent. If you like playing control, I guess you'll find them fun - until you get a string of Jade Druids that outvalue you with 7/7 or bigger Jade Golems.

Sure, rogue is still viable; you can either win by comboing the old way (Cold Blood + Eviscerating), or by using the same Jade Golems strategy Druids and Shaman use.

So I guess either plebbit or cuckchan are down at the moment?

i dont really mind grinds formats, for gods sake ive played goat format before but i guess the game isnt completely doomed

;-;

what a world.

I'm guessing it's just one guy changing ID. I find it very unlikely that all the faggots that are for censorship would magically find their way into the thread about Hearthstone.

Censorship is good for you, goy. The (((publishers))) ought to know what will appeal to a broader audience. Don't you want your favorite games to be available and comforming to the expecations of people like Tumblrites and SJWS?

Just play Shadowverse, onifam.

you don't say?

Eternal is the true way to go right now.

How do you censor a card game? Do they make card art with ass and tits, then piss themselves in anger and censor it immediately?

My nigga.

Why the fuck do you hate me? What did I ever do to you?

Gee I wonder what would be more idiotic than a fantasy card game. Oh I got it! A virtual card game without any actual cards! And we dont even have to think about balance that much, since its heavily RNG based and we can just blame it on it.

I wonder if there are any dice pros who take their game so seriously, like it takes skill or something

They covered a bit of tits of Isabelle, they also changed names like Satan to Prince of Darkness.
However, it's as simple as download the game in japanese, pick up the data of Isabelle or whatever shit makes you upset from the censor, reinstall in english and put the japanese data on top of it.

There, uncensored english game.

First is censored, second one uncensored. However people get upset over this kind of censorship when we still have shit like the other pics. There's everything, from lolis to milfs. They censored that front of Isabelle cause she's on the main story and thus on the "front" of the game.

Funnily enough, you can also blame streamers for the reaction (and Hearthstone streamers at that). I think it was Trump and Kripp that gave the game a shot, and couldn't stop themselves from making all sorts of jokes at Isabelle.

I still don't get why they changed Satan's name, when Lucifer is still Lucifer.

Cause Lucifer is a "fallen angel" and looks handsome. Meanwhile Satan actually looks like a fucking demon. Although I couldnt give two fucks if they change the name.

The censor on Isabelle, I can understand people being pissed off to that, however I do not pay mind to it. I'll pay mind when it's more than that.

This deck is the most hilarious fucking thing and it's catapulted me to rank 5 overnight

This is what the twelve year olds are getting upset over?

Haha oh wow

Yes, only the tits of Isabelle. I'm going to be honest, I hate censorship and I played this game without knowing that it had that part censored.
When I looked into the Jp Isabelle, all I thought was that the "censored" design was better. I love tits like anyone else, but not always showing skin things get better.

That's just my opinion at least.

Maybe they will like it more if I show lolis.

Yes, it is.

Next standard cycle will phase out BRM, TGT, and LoE. All of those came out in 2015, and will be phased out once the first set of 2017 is introduced.

think user meant that you get everything that alters gameplay.

Every Blizzard game is shit with pisspoor balance

Shit's still being hidden behind paywalls. Sure, it may not be pay to win or dividing the player base, but it's still withholding content that every paying customer has in their game files.

Hearthstone is shit, but at least back when I played, Arena was a self-sustaining source of gold for me. I know it was set up so the average player would have to do that, but I'd get 7+ wins 90% of the time, and if you knew what cards to draft, you could get good win streaks going.

pic related is all you needed to get a 12 win streak.

Remember Scrolls?

yeah, I barely didn't either

nah sc2 is pretty good at balance right now