Shenmue 3 is almost finished, and trailers will be shown following the new year. What do you guys think...

nichegamer.com/2016/12/13/shenmue-iii-in-final-development-stages-pc-pre-orders-launch-on-december-15/

Shenmue 3 is almost finished, and trailers will be shown following the new year. What do you guys think? It obviously won't live up to the wait but I'm hopeful the game itself could be fun

So Half Life 3 and KH3 are the last seals remaining.

Considering Yu Suzuki hasn't worked on a real game since 2003, I have very little hope of this being good.

Isn't KH3 basically on its way?

Games were actually good back in 2003, so maybe it'll be a blast from the past?

I don't want to play another shenmue. The first two did not age well. I was just blinded by the graphics and illusion of freedom. You never really do anything.

Did it miss it? I haven't heard of any updates before and now it's in final development.

This, Shenmue was a product of its time, and the massive kikestarter will only serve to hold the result up to standards it can't meet.

w-what happens when all of the seals are released?

Video games become great again and all hacks infesting the industry die like the nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Shenmue has always been shit. Nostalgia goggles need to come off, guys.

That was surprisingly fast considering Kickstarter game track records.

The Crash

He'll still be working with a team from [CURRENT YEAR] with a budget that would be half of Shenmue 2.

you sound underage

How can Shenmue be "good" tho.
Wouldn't everyone on Holla Forums completely shit all over Shenmue 1 and 2 if they came out today, and call them walking simulators?

And i really mean it, don't lie.
How the fuck do you expect to have a decent shenmue 3 thread after this is released?
I actually want to understand here, Shenmue is completely incompatible with modern Holla Forums, right?

times change, autismo
I doubt anyone who actually played it could compare it to a walking simulator with a straight face though

Please purchase and use an exit bag asap

By that logic Morrowind, New Vegas and S.T.A.L.K.E.R are also walkimg sims.

Fine, then let's make a bet.
I bet that after Shenmue 3 is released, even if it's the same exact level of quality of the previous two games, everyone on Holla Forums will shit all over the game and call it a walking simulator and show zero respect towards the game, and it's previous legacy.
The entire board will reject it.

Is that such a risque bet to take?
Times change.
Not all games that were great for their time actually stand the test of time.

There you go again. Stop wasting more deserving people's air already.

Glad to see someone else understands.

It's gonna suck.

Wait, it's on PC too?
I didn't know this.

Game has a fighting game combat system and actual arcade games in it.
Have you even touched Shenmue 1 and 2?

Could you stop replying to obvious bait?
This faggot obviously never player Shenmue nor has even seen footage of the puzzles and combat

I've never played any of the shenmoo games but I overheard the name quite a few times and the Internet tells me they were the best games ever so I donated a thousand burgers to the kickstarter and now I'm expecting the best game ever part 3. So it's like GTA with martial arts or something, right? It's gonna be amazing I'm sure. Preordering 10 copies.

this

i've only watched LPs of shenmue, but it looks boring as fuck

i thought it was all QTEs? i might be wrong though, it's been years since i saw the game.

The Shenmue games are more like spiritual precursors to the Yakuza series. I still don't doubt that people will shit on it on release because Shenmue 1 certainly is a slow burn type of game.

The two other games are for console that sold nothing and almost nobody has played. With the game this heavy on the story department who they expect to buy this?

I can't even emulate this well on pc, most people can't. Not to mention so much of the PS4 audience wasn't even able to read when the original and the sequel came out

Who is this game for?

Me.

Shenmue is far from a walking simulator. Try playing them for once.

You're very wrong, it's basically Virtua Fighter.

Not quite…more like proto-Yakuza.

Shenmue is an oldschool adventure game with a bunch of sub-games littered throughout, including VF Lite battles, QTEs, arcade games, driving, and so on. The closest game I'd compare it to is maybe Grim Fandango or L.A. Noire. You spend a bulk of the game going around talking to people and just immersing yourself in the atmospheric and realistic world. If you want a game you can just get lost in, Shenmue is something you should try.

We'll never get HL3. HL3 happening is like how that saying goes, "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." It also applies with, "let people think you are a genius." That's the position Valve is in right now. Despite the blow the paid modding debacle dealt to them, they still have fanboys including ones that think Valve can't possibly fuck up a half-life 3.

The problem is that Valve doesn't have what it takes to make a game like Half-Life, let alone HL2 which was an overall downgrade, physics sandbox aside. They stalled development on original games and have outsourced development of sequels. They hired SJWs en masse, lost many senior staff, and overall have only kept Steam up to date. They don't make original games anymore. Since the game is on track to be the next DNF, Valve put themselves in place to underdeliver and simultaneously set themselves up for failure if it ever does come out. It will be the biggest indication that they can't make games and it will be a critical blow to Valve and more proof that they can't do anything but host an online distribution platform.

Have you actually played the first game recently? It's fucking garbage. So full of meaningless garbage and the story is basically the first half of a pilot episode. It doesn't even leave you high and dry because it barely gets going before it ends.

Fickle mage. You know not the powers with which you toy.

KH3 is going to be unsealed next year.

What about MGSV chapter 3?

Who ready for that mad dissapointment?

It won't disappoint. I have faith that Yu will deliver.

Even if it's shit, we'll at least finally know how the story concludes.

Also:

Ryo's dad = Segata Sanshiro
Ryo = Akira Yuki
Lan Di/Chiyumen = Sony

Well fuck. According to Segabits, they arent "finishing production". They're starting it.

but Holla Forums loves yakuza

More like a blast from the ass

Smells fishy, I wasn't expecting it until 2018

Pretty much this, if it wraps up the story I won't care if it's shit.

This. Holla Forums will act like the SJW jew fag gaming lugenpresse, like Kotaku, who made fun of the Kickstarter and Yu Suzuki. Kotaku really shit all over this, while they went to support other Kickstarter projects made by their friends. They tried to sabotage Shenmue 3, because they aren't getting money out of it.

Fucking kikes.

Wasn't it just lazy as fuck aussies?

Epic post.

yeah well some of us thought Shenmue was overrated ever since we bought it retail on Dreamcast. Everything Shenmue wanted to do has been done better by the Yakuza series since then anyway.

But has there been anything like Shenmue at all at the time of it's release?

Strongly disagree. Shenmue has more player freedom and the world & NPC's are far more detailed. Additionally, Shenmue never holds your hand telling you exactly where to go next like the Yakuza games do. Shenmue just has more of a feeling of mystery and adventure about it.