Another For Honor Tech Test

Alright faggots, seems like a new pc tech test is starting up tomorrow the 14th and will end on the 19th. Judging by the tutorial videos in the files (webm very much related), all 12 characters will be playable in this test, so what we see here will probably be the version they will release for their final open beta come January. I say this because the closed beta a while back was using the exact same build as the previous tech test.

I can't be the only one here who got in, right?

FUCK OFF SHILL

Whatever floats your boat, user.

However, I'll just bump one more time and let it die if no one wants the thread up.

FUCK OFF REDDIT

Did they send you an email or something with a key?

Holy shit that like awful.

I got in but I'm going to be out of town for most of the test. I'm hoping they've fixed guard breaking and canceling, those were the most unreliable and unresponsive things in the last beta. Guard breaks and counter breaks were a coin toss on whether they'd connect and I think I only managed to get an attack cancel to register once.

Return to cuckchan

Yeah they sent me an email with a link to sign the NDA, and then it unlocks the tech test on your ubi account (bout 20gigs this time).

That's what I'm still worried about too. It made fighting the orochi a fucking nightmare, and it didn't help that he didn't need to actually swing his sword and just perfect parry everything.

These are originally .bik files. In the previous test files, they had audio and were a much higher resolution. This time around, for some reason, they are low quality shit videos with no audio at all.
Cmon, at least try and put some effort into the shitpost.

FUCK OFF REDDIT

Oh you're just adorable, did you vote for Hillary too?

Go back to cuckhan where you belong shill, the Beta was fucking awful and the game will only be worse.

anyone got a spare key they'd be willing to share to someone who never interferes with a teammate's fight in 2v2?

why is there a thinly veiled Jewish star for a reticle?

ALWAYS ONLINE

It's fine as long as it doesn't have a cash shop.
Does it?

It almost looks good… but then you have the ubisoft name attached to it and you have to wonder if there is enough content there to enjoy singleplayer for a while even if the multiplayer dies.

Don't be a faggot and play Kingdom Hearts.
If you only care for combat, play KH2 Final Mix and choose sword in the beginning.
One of the best melee combat systems in video games.

I can agree with this. You can even ignore the autistic story which seemed pretty great as a teenager due to the combat being so good. I worry for KH3 though. It looks like there are a lot of gimmicks that are going to interrupt it.

I played first 3 games recently and people sure overestimate it in autism department. Shit is pretty much generic jrpg plot and characters. Super Robot Wars games tend to be much more cringeworthy than this.

it does

Classic ubishit.
Whatever, I still have muh souls and KH3 is going out SOON.

ITT: Everyone I Don't Like Is A Shill - A Child's Guide to Online Video Game Discussion

I call shills anons that post about games I like too.
Shitposting is lyfe.

Way too many icons and bullshit going on.

I actually played Kingdom hearts 2 on the PS2 a long time ago and I do remember enjoying the actual combat, especially the final boss. Maybe i'll emulate the first one and try it then, I can't actually remember anything about the combat besides the fact I liked it.

This, three strikes and you are out.

Holy shit, fuck off until you're 18 and play big boy action games until then.
Don't come back here spouting bullshit until you've played DMC series and Godhand at least.

Reminder to use 60 fps patches.

I've beaten all the DMC games on the various difficulties, including DmC just so I could properly critique it, Ninja Gaiden, MGR, Bayonetta, Wonderful 101… about the only action game I haven't played is Godhand, but I really need to.

that being said, I still remember KH2 having a pretty alright battle system and remember the boss fight with Sephiroth being pretty intense… of course, that was before I played more difficult action games.

How about fucking off until YOU're 18?

It's like Ubisoft has No Honor

Anyone still have a key left they'd be willing to share?

I got in. The game is actually not bad. Its sorta like some weird kinda multiplayer blend of Dynasty Warriors and Mount & Blade. But it works, its decently fun. The only thing I hope they improved was that last time, unlocking off your opponent, rolling, then relocking mid combat was WAY too good. Rolls needed a minor nerf to invincibility on startup, and the "quick" classes like Orochi were a little overtuned with the parries which needed to be riskier. IMO, parries should require the same input as chamber blocking in Warband.

To tell you what attack/block direction youre holding if youre retarded and cant tell off animation

Well the parry for the sword and dagger knight is definitely a lot riskier than the orochi's and berserkers were last beta, instead of just being do a block command on time it's a dodge so if you fuck up the timing you're vastly more likely to eat the attack instead of just get a normal block. Daggerknight still gets free damage off those though so that's still bullshit, but at least it's bleed damage instead of regular damage so you aren't just instantly dead so that's something. It also seems to be just way less damage than orochi did too but I haven't tried him again yet so maybe all the super parry characters do that little damage now. I did try a lot of the sword and board viking and he seems like just a really good version of the conqueror, jack shit for offensive abilities but on a parry he can do a guaranteed stun into a semi-guaranteed heavy attack.

The biggest problem I have with it right now is actually the same problem I had with it last beta, which is there's zero indication of what the input timings are supposed to be for each combo. To get off the sword&board guy's parry>stun>heavy combo you have to do the input for each during the animation of the previous one so you can't wait to see if you've got the parry right, you just have to commit to the whole chain. Daggerknight though if you want to do a guard break into shanking combo you have to wait for the break animation and wait for every shank to complete instead of just hammering the inputs out. Both are listed the same way in the movelist but the way you have to input them are completely different. The only way to tell when you have to hit each input is to practice each one individually which is kinda dumb since they have icons for basically everything else in the movelist but not for input delays.

Did they fix that quite literally 4vs4's were just about zerg rushing one guy till he's dead and repeat? Because as soon as you got more than 1 person to face combat just became absolutely a mess with the camera not knowing who to face.

Nope, they even added a 4 player version of brawl mode so you can get straight to the rushing and avoid objectives entirely.

I guess this will just be a game that will be hyped to kingdom come by normalfags who will experience buyers remorse within a week of getting it and never play it ever again.

Sounds like typical mainstream triple A trash then.

There's a reason why I avoid gaming media like the plague. I bet this game is going to be pushed pretty hard.

So I've been playing a bit more in the practice modes since matchmaking seems to be completely unable to find people to play with and I think they didn't really fix anything from the last test. Making deflects on the fast classes a little riskier by linking them to dodges instead of blocks was a good start but didn't really solve the issue of the game being really heavily defense favoring. Every single one of the six new characters has some kind of really good defensive move/counter move and not particularly amazing offensive ones so it seems like every single game is going to come down to people just fishing for deflects and parries for super safe guaranteed damage moves with attacking being reserved for when you outnumber a guy and for countering guard breaks if you happen to guess right when someone's gonna try one. There's a couple grabs and shoves too I guess but they're all really slow and telegraphed and only the fat samurai's deals any damage.

All I can see here is in contrast to what ubisoft devs were saying they were doing from

to holy shit what is this bullshit fantasy martial arts that's straight out of dynasty warriors?

Pour l'honeur hein hein
Regardez moi je suis un french fuck qui mange le fromage ancien et blue et degutant et apres je boivre du vin come un fucking faggot huhn huhn.

OUPS! J'oublier le baguette. C'est rhymer avec faggot pour un raison. Resemble un penis pour un raison. Desole que c'est par noir parce que je suis un faggot geant.

Play witcher 3

you don't fit in btw

You would know wouldn't you?

like the other anons said, shill or not he has to get the fug out

test