/ogc/ - Racing Vidya Thread - T H I C C Edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia
Mumble:
Discord:
discord.gg/jhW5bKB

Our Uplay spreadsheet (Currently for The Crew):
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
To add others, check here;
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit

Our Forza Horizon 3 club:
Our Xbox live club:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m2zQ8XQkIyw
youtube.com/watch?v=p12IrYl3X6E
youtube.com/watch?v=8m96CnsXXDw
club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30
mega.nz/#!ncg2VQKR!mTgRGBKViB1zRsdBgQis0dhL_ArEyY-cjZ27J-rHEN4
youtube.com/watch?v=UttV9ZIPO40
mega.nz/#!DJUXGLrb!-acIt8SlFzrVaXdvsBhPZ9MrD2TPSj6KijU6gq2bQyg
mega.nz/#!QYsTlALL!LiyETxte1Jo2tmzAXusZG-l9sEi4MgZBBNrrmNo4YYk
autogamescoalition.liveracers.info/Live/?server=OGC: VTCC
discord.gg/jhW5bKB
streamtuner.li/watch-the-grand-tour-online-streaming/
rarbg.to/torrents.php?search=the grand tour
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
blog.beamng.com/version-0-8-rolling-in/
steamcommunity.com/games/228380/announcements/detail/512680519553829490
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeyGey1wtZ1l4MzGkoqxu1hI35uf9G-6zTg0tNpQKzHFlJqng/viewform?c=0&w=1
gta5-mods.com/scripts/manual-transmission-ikt
humblebundle.com/store/grid-free-game
steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/365163686086218997/
store.steampowered.com/app/365960/
store.steampowered.com/app/469820/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are we gonna do a Forza event for the Snow DLC?

I won't own it personally so somebody else will have to set it up.

I was just asking if something was gonna be organized, I really couldn't give a shit if people do it or not
And don't ask me to join that discord for info if people are doing something, told me they were converting to reddit because not enough players in rfactor

Really? The Discord isn't mine(nor do I visit it) but if that turns out to be true then I'll remove it from future OPs.

Fucking what. That sucks.

This monthly event is utterly soul crushing.

Kill me now.

I think it was one of the mods who told me
Guy was a reddit/halfchan crossposter and was going to bring in people from r/simracing to join instead of people from /ovg/ which bringing either of those is a bad idea

10 cars on the track at once is enough, and a clusterfuck as it is. Looks like I'll just go back to racing against AI.

I thought he already did it, told me months ago

THIS IS HOW WE DIE

I might as well just give up.

Take it easy and breathe. Keep it smooth and slow so you'll finish the whole event.

Thanks for the heads up. How hard can it be?
Just drive like pic related and you'll make it.

Oh you're the dude still rocking a sweet, sweet Celeron 400 with Windows ME that has to upgrade to play rFactor?

What's poor man's FH3? Something I can play on not so great PC, bonus if I can pirate it.

Test Drive Unlimited

Not me

I played the shit out of the first game. Is the second really as bad as people say?

yes

Sorry I must have gotten the wrong drama queen. It's amazing how even with only 10 people on the same track we still manage to have some drama.

In any case, there's basically no one still actually playing FH3 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Listen m8, I don't like redditors, you don't have to act all smug and shit just because I left an Holla Forums discord basically converting to r/simracing,
You have to go back

Yes. And what's the worst is that I know some people like Crew - and Crew is just TDU2 with forced online by ubisoft.

Oh so it is you after all.

Welcome back.

No, at least if you can manage to put aside the mostly unpleasant physics.

Who would've guessed huh? It's not like that's happened EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME a discord/IRC channel is introduced. Why the fuck do you people still think it's a good idea to use Discord? Anonymity is the reason why we're here or at least one of the major reasons. Why are people so eager to do away with it and encourage circlejerking? It's bad enough that in game you're tied behind nicknames but why do you need to fuck it up outside of the game on your own volition as well. What service does Discord provide that the threads don't? If nothing else all you're doing is diverting traffic away from the thread.

It's reddit trying to convert us or stupid bullshit like that

Why would reddit want anyone from Holla Forums? There's a reason we're here and they're not. Then again, if there are people who feel like using discord, maybe they'd feel more at home at reddit.

NSFW

HA HA, I'VE HAD ENOUGH

It's not even showing me the DLC on the store hub
I just want to see how much it is

HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH

You know what you must do.

Left 5 over crest care braking? Nah. 200 over bumps.

I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it.

Does it actually snow that much anywhere in Australia? Also holy crap driving a super car on a lake that's iced over so cleanly like that must be hell. I don't think you could actually have any control over the direction of you movement.

Looks like it'll be pretty fucking fun.

I bought the expansion pass and my game hasn't updated yet. I think it might just not be out yet. Maybe in a few hours.

I found it to be easier to go fast as possible through that part and just fly over that turn.

It's not out yet, still about half an hour to go. Theoretically.

Maybe ice tires that grip unrealistically on ice will come with the DLC.

it's here
20 bucks outside of the expansion pass

I went into the store and found it in the H3 add-ons category, it didn't update the game for some reason.

4.43 GB

Says it's only 3.7 for me, weird

Magic.
Also, had to cancel the installation of the expansion and now the base game found an update, but it's only 4.2 GB.

The Blizzard Mountain item seems to install to a different folder, maybe it can run standalone? Only 4 GB seems very small if that's the case.

Just played the intro to Blizzard Mountain and MY GOD it looks good graphically.

That seems to be exactly what they did. There's a "Snow tire compound" in the Tires and rims menu now.

I know there's a lot of crazy shit being thrown around already, since I own the discord let me try to clear up some of this shit.

A few weeks ago 4chan decided to start advertising /ogc/ on r/simracing and r/rfactor in an attempt to troll the group. This however backfired horribly as some redditors started noticing the group and were wanting to participate in events. We had some users who crossposted on both 4chan, /ogc/ and reddit who had word of mouth spread the events such as VTCC for last week's event. Since the previous advertisements on 4chan have consistently failed and attracted no racers while a couple of people showed up from reddit, focus shifted away from 4chan over to reddit as reddit still has an active and open racing community and most of the guys from reddit aren't obnoxious at all.

Is it true we're more interested with getting reddit drivers than 4chan drivers? Yes. OGCTM in 2015 was shilled to death on 4chan but had no long term effect despite occurring for almost 3 months straight, while OGC VTCC was shilled on reddit for only two weeks and already has had a much larger influence on playercounts. This does not mean however that we are becoming a reddit oriented racing group as /ogc/ is still Holla Forums oriented and will always be Holla Forums oriented. I would purge the entire discord before it turns into reddit or even worse, the mumble shadow government (TM) all over again.

Even if people originate from reddit, cuckchan or Holla Forums, we're all here to talk about racing games in a laid back environment and just to play some damn vidya for fun.

How about you take your fucking discord and fuck off. You clearly don't fucking belong here.

kill yourself

Can I take notes from the way you do it?

no but you can ask the bmw m5

I don't care terribly much about lelddit or cuckchan joining in on our autism extravaganza's, it's readily apparent that we don't have enough people to field a decent race. But you, you need to leave. Stay in your shit hole!

Anyways, Flatout is on sale on Steam and there's something called DRIVE!DRIVE!DRIVE! might interest someone.

Pretty good instructional rally video.

How does the monthly event work in Dirt Rally, does a new set of tracks get unlocked every monday?

Does that mean I should participate in the race on Saturday even though I'm painfully slow?

yes
the more the merrier

So is anybody else still playing FH3?

/r/Holla Forums does browse here and they do post here. It's just that they have a necessity to also talk about this place over at reddit

Steal the GOG version

So basically accelerate.
Sounds easy.

im guessing you have been using the wtcc cars and have been noticing alot of the time they peak out at around 103mph. In the tuning options you can tweak your car to go faster, although i can't describe in detail on how to do it rn.

It's not that, I'm just bad at driving.

practice makes perfect

Practice also makes school shooters

Well then I guess we won't find out until he practices.

and dropped
We starting a new group? Or are we just going to keep things in the thread now?

We're keeping things in the thread still. Even though the discord is there just to play races and have somewhere to talk during events, it or the steam group are a replacement for Holla Forums.

I got Dirt Rally and first thing I notice is how safe it feels. I've never been in a rally car but from what I can compare from youtube videos and Dirt Rally is dirt rally feels safe and a lot slower, it doesn't seem authentic. Compared to Richard Burns rally, Dirt Rally looks like an arcade game.

Drive faster.

MORE GAS

That's a problem with all racing games to be honest. I mean taking ear rouge flat out an in F1 never feels as scary as it should.

No shit eating hotpockets behind a screen is safer than going through uncertain terrain at 200kmh you retarded twat

I'm tempted, but I just know there's gonna be a goty edition with all the DLC in a couple of months.

Considering FH2 and FM6 didn't get one, and that the FM5 GOTY edition only contains 1 DLC, you can safely assume that's not going to be the case.

But on the other hand, and especially if you have XBL Gold, waiting like 6 months for a sale can be a good idea.

you could park a bike in that rear wing.

Looks like a fucking spaceship, was wondering what that thing in OP's pic was. Is this the power of German Engineering?

the fuck does that rear wing do? is it so you can tie your baggage when going to your beach home?

Sick fuck

weight and downforce some of them have little fins in between the two wings to add drag when they are sideways.

Oh, pretty cool stuff

downforce is magic

Is VTCC cancelled then?
I wanna check the livetiming to see how I'm doing on this track but there's no entries in the thing.

The car has the force and the driver has the downs

No it's not. SJ doesn't run the servers at all times, you can just practice offline.

Or not even practice and just yolo

Note to self: never buy EA racing games, not even on sale, not even from the bargain bin.

Don't worry user, i too killed my almost a decade long "don't buy AAA" streak by being a retard and getting horizon. the difference being that you probably lost much less cash

I downloaded a Test drive unlimited repack and there is no music and when I upshift and downshift, there is a significant delay and sometimes it doesn't shift at all. Could it be a bad repack? I don't want to have to redownload the game.

Alright you fags I need help. My dad wants a PS4 and a racing game for christmas. He didn't specify if he wants F1, offroad, street racing or whatever, but he wants a simulator and not an arcade racer. I know jack squat about what is available in the market right now, so any suggestions are fine.
Some considerations: I doubt he is going to play online ever, so it is fine if the community is dead online and/or need to pay to play online. It HAS to be a PS4 game. No I can't get him a gaming PC. A peripheral is optional. He played pic 2 related for the longest fucking time on the N64.

Except that H3 is a much better game than anything EA came up in nearly a decade.

F1 2016
Drives well enough, extensive career mode, playable with a pad.

your father doesn't want a simulator.
Get him the jewest need for speed

Literally tearing up beacuse i remembered these tracks
fuck i love this ost

youtube.com/watch?v=m2zQ8XQkIyw

youtube.com/watch?v=p12IrYl3X6E

shit is hotte

fite me
i always nut when the piano rolls in

Looks good enough and exactly what my dad wants, thanks user.

ᵗᶦᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ᶜᵒᵐᶠʸ

Because really while there's a lot of things wrong with GT games, the soundtracks never fail.

gotdamm wasnt ready man

told you

youtube.com/watch?v=8m96CnsXXDw

more late night Holla Forums chillin theme

Don't like it nearly as much as any GT soundtrack tbh fam

That's pure gondola material

Someone told me Project: Cars has even more stuff going for it than F1. Thoughts?

There are several other disciplines and a bit more variety than F1, but I found F1 to be a better rounded game overall. AI a bit less stupid, that very good MFD thing to communicate with the pits and shit, and IMO to drives better than PCars albeit neither of them are hardcore simulations.

If you choose PCars, get the GOTY edition as the DLCs are pretty interesting.

Okay. Last one. Someone else told me to look at Assetto Corsa. Have you given it a go? So far I am going for PCars as it has the most variety and my dad is going to be playing it for a very long time.

indeed

Don't, AC on consoles is a trash port.

Ahhhh, thanks. Project Cars it is then.
Thank-you for spoonfeeding me user.

In case someone missed The Crew four months back and lord knows why someone would want to play it you can grab it now during the weekend, if you want to bother making a Ubishit account. It still sucks, and police chases are a complete fucking pain in the ass now.

Like TDU and TDU2 before, the game's alright if you can deal with sub-par physics.
Though tbh I haven't played with the new expansion

Maybe check the options to see if it's not turned down. As for the shifting, is it fine in automatic? I never played TDU1 but for some reason I remember it being automatic only, so maybe the manual shifting is a bad mod. Though a bit of reading shows the no manual is for PS2 and PSP only so IDK.

I'd probably enjoy the Crew a bit more if it was less Jewish and grindy (And I'm not sure which one I'd remove if could only remove one). Also they're giving out Assassins Creed, but it's not the pirate one so who cares

tl;dr it only got worse and still no offline mode
pic related

Did you buy the DLC? I sincerely hope not I have this feeling that doing the Crate missions without the dlc result in the game telling you to go fuck yourself and hand over your shekles goy.

Movin' to the beat. Movin' movin' movin'
Fuck me ridge raceuhhhhh huhuhuhhuhuuhhuuhuhuhhuuhuhhuu

Threadly reminder that >>>o is under new ownership and not as dead as it was. Feel free to come by and discuss some irl /o/-related stuff.

Fuck me I'm tired… >>>/o/

No, TDU comes with manual shifting, but it tries to be a sim and IIRC there's a shifting delay when using sequential gear change in a car with an h-shifter gearbox. Which goes hand in hand with the inability to use the H-shifter in cars with sequential gearboxes.

The fact they can't be disabled is utterly stupid. The game really shines when you disable literally everything and JUST DRIIIIVE.

Calling All Units? Fuck no. You get to do the delivery missions and shit, which are just faction missions except more annoying.
You got that right. In the map menu it'll act as if you could get free cars for doing this one thing, but as soon as you complete it you'll get "Buy The Crew™ Calling All Units™ to get these cars, fag, also you gotta do it again"

Just finished the Blizzard Mountain DLC, was alright
BUT ON THE FUCKING KINGMAKER RACE THERE WAS AN AI THAT GOT AHEAD OF ME THAT MAGICALLY ACCELERATED AT THE SPEED OF SOUND AND IT PISSED ME OFF SO MUCH I JUST TURNED DOWN THE DIFFICULTY
Other than that bretty gud/10

CAN YOU FEEL THE HEAT
When the tires kiss the street

Reminder, you can get The Crew and all the other shit they were giving away for free on Uplay through the 18th. Sign in, grab it with your account and you're set.

ur all fuckin scrubs

Anybody want to play The Jew? Remember oyu can still get it at no expense like says

If you're going to post snoop dogg game soundtracks wether it is an edit or official and don't post embed related, you're just a hipster and that's it

LIKE A DOG WITHOUT A BONE

AN ACTOR OUT ALONE

If you have XBL Gold and give a shit about it, Burnout Paradise is free for a month.

Underground 2 had a good OST.

For those of you who missed getting the crew for free, all the games the gave away are free again this weekend. (Permanent after you redeem it.)

Ahh, crap. I didn't notice

Oh well there's the link.

Man, Outrun 2006 is such a relaxing game.

Is he related to this man?

Assetto Corsa on PC is fairly good, but on Console the performance is trash and I doubt the devs give a shit about that port anymore.

All alone is the only way, that he wants to play
Hear me say his name!
ONE MORE WIN, IT'S RIDGE RACER, A RIDGE RACER

Never played any Outrun game. I probably should.

Any more combat racing games that I dont know of? I only played Blur and Gas Guzzlers Extreme, which I both really enjoyed.

here you go
mega.nz/#!ncg2VQKR!mTgRGBKViB1zRsdBgQis0dhL_ArEyY-cjZ27J-rHEN4

My niggerest nigger, I'll give it a try just because of that.

Jak X if you can stomach the controls. Drome Racers if you can get into Lego. Xtreme G 1 and 2 on N64 are actually decent arcade racers with weapons, not sure about later games.

There's Jak X like the other user mention, but it controls perfectly fine so I don't know what he's talking about. Also there's Full Auto both of which have an exclusive release on the 360 and PS3 but no PC release for either.
If you want to, you could include Demolition derby games like Eve of Destruction or Demolition Derby Arenas. There's also the Arena car combat games like, Twisted metal and Rouge Trip 2012.

what is the most comfy racing vidya with good graphics on pc?

you can pirate it on peesee, and EA gave it away for free at some point since that's how i got the game on steam

the first one is just road rash with cars and no enemies to bee honest

The Crew is just barely comfy and the graphics are a bit worse than just cause 2
Forza apex 6 is good as an arcade game and the graphics are great, racing in the rain is also comfy as fuck. It's free with reasonable microtransactions, too. save for selling your soul for windows 10
Forza horizon 3 is pretty shitty but the graphics are the best in any racing game to date except it runs like shit on any hardware.

im waiting for a proper forza to come out to sell my soul to microsoft

Is the race still on? By my calculations it should be go in 12 hours time.

more like a bit less than 11 hours

Ah, forgot to include practice and qualy. So it's still good to go?

Haven't heard anything regarding a cancellation so probably.

okay so this is particularly shit

Really? I got the exact opposite impression.

Oh…

I noticed it too, but I never ran wide in barbagallo.

You have to really screw up to hit the traps, something like getting bumped out.

How will you see the safety cones in the dark?

Way too big!

Dude! I love sega rally too!

I know what I'm reskinning the celica gr A to… Oh wait they used the normal livery in that game.

You can try some more obscure ones.

A friend of mine did one from my contry's old rally drivers.

youtube.com/watch?v=UttV9ZIPO40

They did fuck up a miata in the episode. Unforgivable.

user I'm looking for that song and I can't seem to find it. It's fucking great though, got the track name?

Yes.
Probably because it was the cheapest to ruin.

Server going up, following the same schedule as always. (10m quali at 3PM EST/8PM GMT, two 15 minute races.)

Barbagello:

mega.nz/#!DJUXGLrb!-acIt8SlFzrVaXdvsBhPZ9MrD2TPSj6KijU6gq2bQyg

VTCC 2012:

mega.nz/#!QYsTlALL!LiyETxte1Jo2tmzAXusZG-l9sEi4MgZBBNrrmNo4YYk

Server info:

autogamescoalition.liveracers.info/Live/?server=OGC: VTCC

Password: 8ch

Discord:

discord.gg/jhW5bKB

Honestly, who cares, this is the sort of car that is meant to be "fucked up"

It's a current production model, if it's meant to be a press car then it'll get scraped at the end of it's life anyways. Also it's not like some faggot isn't goring to wrap it around a post or Stance it. Also the cheapest car there like said

I will grant that his version seems like a remaster or something.

(checked)
Where can I watch the Grand Tour without paying for it

streamtuner.li/watch-the-grand-tour-online-streaming/
i've been watching it here because it seems all the other uploads of the last few epsiodes have had the audio horribly out of sync

This doesn't seem shady at all

rarbg.to/torrents.php?search=the grand tour

just use adblock you nigger

anyone got need for speed most wanted 2012 w/dlc on pc?

Why?

Because i originally owned it on the ps3 awhile back and I traded it along with the games i had for the ps4 and I don't want to give money to ea on their digital storefront

It was as close to an arcade racer for when i originally owned it

shit slept in 20 minutes too late

Part 2 is starting, you've got like 10 minutes to join in for race 2.

20 minutes too late for race #1 but in time for race #2

missed it oh well

Volvo confirmed for Mercedes, BMW is a terrorist that mows down watching crowd.

Good race.

V O L V O

Leading on the races, and leading on the mistakes

This strange racing line again, deja vu!

Is this some new way to cool down the tires?

Good race

Oh boy, I'm in webms

ogc performance solutions bringing you the best in terms of racing technology advancements

This is fucking funny as shit, you're fucking mentally ill

Here's the version I used.

I took my revenge on the crowd.

ubisoft is giving away the crew (along with 6 other games) again this weekend

Still crashes on startup after months of trying to figure this shit out. I've given up.

even after reinstalling it?

Works on my machine

Re-installed multiple times, re-installed uplay several times, tried a range of different driver versions, tried installing to different hdds, checked the event log (nothing useful). I even tried turning it off and on again. It's annoying, but I won't lose sleep over it.

finagled phantasm ecks vee

SoS is better than the recent Harvest Moons. But after play Stardew Valley I couldn't see myself going back.

Supergirl is a teenager. Carol probably looks young for movie synergy since Brie Larson is playing her

When modded to take out it targeting lasers, yeah.

Reminder if you care about politics, you don't belong here and you're a normalfag.

Have you tried a ritual sacrifice to lord guillemot

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

Not really.
The only thing you miss from PvP and covenants are a couple rewards (a weapon, a spell), but nothing big.
Just play and enjoy.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

What fucked up kind of slav are you?

Burnout Paradise is free on Xbone Gold, should I download it?

just pirate the pc version and patch the DLC in

If it's free then go for it, it's debatable how well it stacks up to previous entry's but it's certainly still solid.

Didn't the fags who made the DLC unlocker change it so that it doesn't anymore since EA relased the DLC and they're good goys?

Also heads up, we're being spamed by faggot supreme again so make sure to Post a pic, use a name, and a flag to differentiate from the spam Not like it's spam message also won't be a dead giveaway

Nigga, I don't think even an eighth of people who played games in 1995 remember anything to do with the VB.

THEY ADDED FUCKING MICROTRANSACTIONS IN HORIZON 3 GOD DAMN IT

How do I stop Dirt 3 Complete Edition from downloading and displaying the ghosts of WR holders who are mostly just cheating cunts teleporting over the track? Is there a server address in a config file that I can just blank?

have crappy webm of shit driving as thanks

also why is the damn usual captcha only popping up after wasting a 12MiB upload?

I don't see anything wrong with this

For what exactly? Everything in the game is dirt cheap and you make money like no tomorrow.

Exactly, it doesn't make any sense
Are the goyim really this lazy?

They've been there since FM4, the question wasn't if but when.

IIRC you can choose which ghost to display, if any. Check before launching the event.

I guess we have to remind ourselves that it's an Xbone game. The people playing on that console most likely only spend like 10 minutes on the game a day yet still want everything.

tbh there are many people with more disposable money than time

I wouldn't mind such microtransactions and would probably use them once in a while if they felt somewhat worth it. Like, if you get the most expensive shark card in GTA V you barely have enough money to start testing the new content, let alone enjoy it. I expect H3 to follow suit, like expecting you to pay 50 currencies for one of those 10 million cars. Which is fucking ludicrous.

Is that intentional testing without the bumper?

pretty good game if i say so myself

Go to the settings menu and turn them off.

Everyone thought they were going to do the same in F6 but they didn't touch it. In fact you can get a mod that pays out 50% more credits per race if you max out a manufacturer. Max out Audi, Toyota or Porsche (If you have the expansion), do the Le Mans Endurance and you can pick up around 10 million.

And they also added a settings in the options menu to turn them off completely so you never have to see them.

Well, atleast the weekly challenge is somewhat comfy this time around.

I wasn't implying they'd bump up the prices of the cars to make you pay, just that tokens feel severely overpriced.

how is the water flatter than wave race 64

some races have flat waters, while others have really bumpy races depending on the location/setting

Welp, there goes that weekly.

yes

Have you suffered through Finland in the monthly challenge yet /ogc/?

I'll never git gut

Beat the Barracuda Challenge in BNG, feels good man.
I know, I know. It was actually a lot easier than most of the races in the last grid; I had only managed to beat a couple of the very hard AI races and I set top 5 leaderboard times doing it. I'm pretty sure I'll never get a 75 zone survival run done unless I get a neGcon, I know the developer uses one and it sure seems like the tracks are designed with it in mind, the highest I've ever managed was 65 and that was with some trickery.

Some thoughts on the tracks; Luna is a fucking shit circuit that needs a major rework, Ishtar needs some serious ironing and Marina needs to be removed from the game; it's not remotely fit for purpose, that much is obvious when trying to navigate it on zen. The other tracks are all very solid now.

No I am too busy skidding through Blizzard Mountain :^)

What's that style in prostreet called with the mismatched parts and stickers everywhere? I want to make some things like that for the horizon auction thing

You can only turn them off in the pause menu once you've started a race. It's really annoying.

I'd guess Prostreet or amateur race car Livery. I don't follow Speedhunters to know exactly what it's called. Could always go with the team name like "Boxcut" or "Grip Runners".

"shit"

For real though, I'm fairly certain that if you search "prostreet" you might find a few reproductions of some cars from the game. Perhaps try searching in the vinyl and livery storefronts too.

I went full Gran Turismo

Wew, don't think I'll ever be this high up again.

This gif is so satisfying

what a cute car

Oh god it's so fucking demoralizing, I'm like 2/3 of the way through sweden, only to know that monaco is right after it. I can do the tarmac parts of monaco just fine, but fuck man, what tuning setup works in the tarmac parts is useless in the ice and vice versa.

that's how it is suppose to be. tear ass on the tarmac and slip and slide your way through the ice/snow sections.

Best Impreza.

Bump

On the "Gaming news glossed from looking at the steam page for racing games" section of this bump, there appears to be tons of dlc for VRC-PRO, and a parking game called Retro Parking, though it seems only the demo is available least it's free. That completes the news.

Assetto Corsa also got more Porche DLC. I haven't played the game myself but more cars is always good news.

The cars look pretty good, but it's so sad to see all those pretty endurance cars inside a game that sucks at endurance racing.

what the actual fuck

If Asphalt 8 had a 60FPS no-DRM PC version and no Microtransactions. It would probably be considered the spiritual successor to San Francisco Rush.

It's fucking depressing.

Well, I give it a shot before I got bored to death by the F2P model and it seems alright. The car list is pretty decent too, with a couple of rare cars and shit.
I don't understand why they don't make a "standard" PC version where you just pay once and do away with the grind.

Is there going to be a rfactor race on Christmas? I'm a loser and have nothing else to do.

I like it. It's really good for passing time. It's not hard to download the apk + data.

Because that F2P model is probably making them mad bank and releasing a version where you only have to pay once to have everything isn't worth it to them. But the real tragedy is it's stuck on a fucking phone of all places And depending on how hard it is to rip or fuck with game data, people could just pirate the dlc.

I have W10 for H3, and the game is available in the PC Store. Pretty sure it has controller support, because GT Racing 2 does, so it's pretty playable.
Just that you have to deal with grinding, daily limits, stupid prices, this sort of shit

how the fuck do I turn off those challenges in The Crew? It's fucking annoying when you're just cruising along and next thing you know some obnoxious notification pops up and tells you to SMASH ALL THE TARGETS or SWERVE AROUND THE POSTS or whatever the fuck. I just want to drive around and listen to documentaries god dammit.

Options > game options > display world spots in freedrive > off

A man who knows what the good things in life are.

How often do you fagets get out to a local race track?

gib moni pls

Every weekend.

Are you the user who didn't know that racing RC cars was a thing till after he played Re-volt?

I feel like I'm the only ne being hyped for this Roborace thing. It's basically video game AI developers making 5m drones racing on international tracks

Literally nobody talk about it

I was the user who told that story in the re-volt thread, but you remembered it backwards.
I played re-volt as a kid, and didn't know it was a real thing until a couple years ago.

That sounds cool as fuck. First thing I hear about it.

But now I must drift everywhere.

BeamNG got updated.
blog.beamng.com/version-0-8-rolling-in/
It's pretty nice. Glad to see the game is still updating at a normal pace.

Imagine how much better of a time you'd be having if you were ACTUALLY playing Initial D instead of EA trash.

Hopefully this will mean that it won't be long until racing game AIs stop sucking dicks all day long

Holy shit we are in the future

beach twongi

The back looks also really badass.

Nvidia, Daniel Simon and Michelin are currently working on it, so it can only get to something interesting.

Fun fact: the designer had to re-work three times the air cooling intake, each times making it bigger for the Nvidia CPU lel

(checked)

It just looks like they cut the top off of a BAC Mono
Top fucking kek

Moscow Raceway is a cunt to get to so I just go to the forest dirt roads(snow in this time of year) and pretend I'm Mika Hakkinen.

Those rims are pretty hot

is there any good racing mmos left? i remember there was this one racing mmo where you had a city hub but races were in instanced tracks it had ricing to the max too i dont remember the name though but it was fun with a wheel

NFS world? It went to shit a good while ago.

You mean it went kaput about half a year ago and the only way to play it anymore is to download NFS World Offline and play against NFS' notoriously shit AI.

Last time I touched it was 2012 and ho boy did it went south by then.

That's the first time I've heard of it.
Shit looks way more interesting than formula e

No, he got it right.

Never heard of it before but I'm more a Holla Forums than /o/ type of person.

nope not nfs world it was korean and had a pretty small city i think it might have been heat city

Well I'll be damned.
steamcommunity.com/games/228380/announcements/detail/512680519553829490

Neat.
I'm now cautiously optimistic.

Let's see who they sold their soul too.
inb4 it's 505 Games and Wreckfest will get shit console ports like AC ded

I'm optimistic but i guess we can have a small say right now due to the survey they opened up.
Link: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeyGey1wtZ1l4MzGkoqxu1hI35uf9G-6zTg0tNpQKzHFlJqng/viewform?c=0&w=1

Guess I'll have to download the game to answer that first question

gta5-mods.com/scripts/manual-transmission-ikt
GTA V finally getting some simulation value

Grid is free for a while
humblebundle.com/store/grid-free-game

grabbed it thanks

Reminder you can get GRID for free

Didn't like GRID very much, honestly. Something about the physics just didn't click with me.

Ooh, that sounds nice. Although I wonder what the hell the economical situation at Bugbear was to have almost no updates for a long, long, time. Did everyone have to work another job to be able to keep the studio up or what?

It was pretty dire. There was something along the lines of a partial bankruptcy.
steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/365163686086218997/

It's been some time since I played the crew. I saw the new arrest mission and gave it a go.

Who in the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Oh, and the shift animation is a normal stick shift one. While I'm forced to use the paddles.

Is there a rF race on tomorrow? Haven't seen a track uploaded.

tomorrow's friday, and i don't think so. I think they're taking a week off for christmas.

Oops, got my timezones confused, Friday for me. Too bad about no race.

There were talks of running an alternate series but I don't think anything was actually planned. Timing might be a bit more complicated, the usual race time is right in the middle of the evening for me so I probably won't join, if anything happens.

Also, rFactor 2 is 15 euros so you should definitely buy it
store.steampowered.com/app/365960/

On the topic of both rfactors, is it possible to get normal Commodores and Falcons without the V8 supercar mod for rfactor 1?

/ogc/ genital jousting series when???
store.steampowered.com/app/469820/

How did the monthly event go /ogc/? You didn't give up or fly off the mountain in Monaco did you?

I gave up before I even started. I'm doing my weekly events though.

Just did the Delta Daily; god damn the C4 fucking slips and slides everywhere.

Now this is podracing.

Also I just noticed H3 is on sale again, if you still haven't jumped into the bandwagon of fun

nfsw has always been shit

I don't, mainly because i live in bumfuck nowhere and i can just street race for hours on end without any other car appearing

why do you act surprised? have you ever went to any consolefag forum?

Nah mate.
THIS is real pod racing.

But I have some nice roads for hillclimbs

No that's a tube. j/k, there's a game that needs a fan sequel treatment though. Speaking of which, how come there are so many Wipeout fangames but not a single F-Zero one, does Ninty just shut them down?

Nintendo is ran by jews, so yeah. They don't have the same chill sega does.

looks fun

I don't know if this belongs here, but my friend just gifted me Rocket League for Christmas… please tell me the devs are decent. It's really fun as is and it would suck if they fucked it like Tribes or were koolaid drinking fucks who would listen to journalists on changes they should make.

Not really /o/ vidya but the devs are a bit greedy about skins, from what I've heard. Other than that, I don't know anything about them.

So far they've shown a certain amount of support to the game, including new game modes and shit.

They've done some cool new free content, although they're jewing people with a CS:GO tier skin system and new cars as DLC (all cars perform the same though, save for different hitboxes)
They also introduced lag compensation at some point which completely ruined the physics and their consistency so that's the main reason it's mostly unplayable.

Gotcha, is the issue that common? I haven't seen or felt it yet myself.

Other than that, it sounds like they are just jewey with skins, which I can deal with.

niggers

New thread