Rail shooters are an absolute blast. What are your favorites? What's the best light gun?

Rail shooters are an absolute blast. What are your favorites? What's the best light gun?

The wii blaster

this, the wiimote was great, especially in The Conduit; too bad the sequel was shit

They're both lazy Halo-aping trash. It's a fucking disgrace that the Wii never got any genuinely great FPSs to take advantage of its superior control system.

Those aren't rail shooters though. Here's one of my favorites.

Literally nothing will ever beat the original Time Crisis.

guncon 2 is best tier
otherwise stick with the wiimote/wiiblastercrap

Oh, fuck. Now you got me nostalgic about old arcades. Shit, that was some great time to be a teenager.
I really still enjoy the old Terminator, House of the Dead and the obvious Time Crisis.
Pic. For not being a bot. Also why not force captcha only to nonpic posts?

Vr will bring the railshooters back. But it will take sometime for devs not using teleports to move around the area

I always wanted to play house of the dead 3 because you use shotguns instead of handguns ( 4 uses an uzi variant and not really a big fan of that). I remember reading about not being good money grabber because it's so easy to beat

Step aside, faggots

Shit, I loved Crisis Zone.
I don't know if Silent Scope also qualifies, but I also liked that.
Mostly because the guns felt heavy in my hands, almost like a "real" gun. Other games with recoil-less guns felt way too toy-ish for me.

Razing Storm is badass and it's a shame that the arcade version ends on a cliffhanger only resolved in the PS3 version.

CarnEvil is top tier

when we gunna fuck, fellow CarnEvil poster?

Come over to my place Mr Dubs, I own the cabinet.

My dad and I played the shit out of this at the arcade near our house.

Living the dream

fuck you

Holy tap dancing nostalgia, batman. I just remembered that some of the shittier railshooters had a pedal to dodge, duck or backtrack. What an innovative gimmick.

Uzis were shit, but the shotguns were kinda fun. If I remember correctly (probably not) you could do double shot by loading twice. Might have been a powerup also. Later series of the HotD had shit loads of different powerups, and you got completely screwed without them. But HotD1 had that lower sewer route that just ate your coins, and that last boss was actually impossible.

No need to be upset Dante.

I don't remember the name of it, but by far my favorite rail shooter was one where you could physically crouch or move to the side in order to avoid whatever. Probably the most I've ever spent at an arcade in one sitting before. It was comparable to Time Crisis (hell, could have been a sequel for all I know. I never into arcades)

Fuck, I remember seeing a cabinet for a game like that once.
I think you played a Jap cop in it.

With how good the vive controller location is I look forward to VR guns.
inb4 someone that has never used it claims it's shit

Police 911.

I have that piece of shit buried in my coat closet. Goddamn thing eats batteries, and almost everything that uses it is shit. When you think about it, almost every light gun for home consoles had very little in the way of games, and few of those were fun for more than a few minutes. I will admit that I haven't played everything, but I really preferred the arcade versions of quarter-eating bullshit like T2 and Revolution X.

Loved me some Operation Wolf at the skating ring in the eighties.

did the home version have recoil or just the arcade? I don't think I've ever seen a Time Crisis 1 machine but it's been too long.

user I'm hopeful for VR too but lets not be silly

superior light gun coming through

Vampire Night is incredible, try it out.

The regular shit-tier guncon didn't, but this bad boy did.

it has lasers, the best kind of light

fug

Really love a good light gun game. I've been playing virtua cop 1 on my saturn lately. Such a great console, blows the fuck out of the PS1 and N64…but it's hard to deny how good the time crisis games are.

Actually have a go on a Vive, pick up the controllers with the headset on using nothing but the VR and your natural spacial awareness to guide your hand.
It can't be described or shown in video, actually try it but don't be a fool and wait a couple of gens before buying.
walking VR is a doomed meme, seated VR simulators are fucking awesome

fuck your archive

Serious Sam VR is pretty good proof of a rail shooter working in VR. All we need is a propper rail shooter with pretty much a single gun and the player being stuck in a vehicle (like Jurassic Park) AND a gun shaped controller with more force feedback.
The vive controllers have a nice nudging rumble to them already but it's not that much

i still have my PSX and time crisis and the original gun. i remember reading about it in game informer as a kid but couldnt afford the gun. im going to try to find this gun and buy it.

why hello there im just going to jump in your face and flail around while youre shooting at bad guys
haha you shot me IDIOT! you lose health, fuck you

Screw on rail shooter, there should be more games where the player can control the character's movement while shooting his gun.

The Ocean Hunter.

I remember playing a 2-player shooter arcade, but all I remember from it was that you were shooting at people in either some industrial area or an airport with yellow/orange barrels all around. I can't even remember if you were shooting people or some green blooded mutants.
That's the only rail shooter I've played in my life, aside from Ghost Squad.

Sounds like either Area 51 or Target Terror.

Ye, it was Area 51, thanks.

Dang, if this isn't the definition of 90's, I don't know what is.

anyone emulated guns on pc without going the wii route?
aimtrak looks like the way to go
anybody any luck?

i always found the genre quite boring.

i like to explore, not just shoot things that come at me. this genre seems like the pinnacle of casualization to me

This game is at an amusement park not far from where I live. I got to play it with my gf at the time:'^)**** It was incredible. But whatevver jag thought shotguns on the cabinet would be a good idea should have their brain drafted into a gorilla.

on the other hand when youre free roaming you can take your time. youre rarely if ever forced into a situation you dont have control over.

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Pick one and only one friendo

I love me some Lethal Enforcers so much I bought the whole gun kit and a SegaCD for it out of saved lunch money. What I faggot I was for selling that stuff.

How do I get Typing of the Dead 2 to work on PC?

I guess Lethal Enforcers isn't exactly a rail shooter, now that I think of it. Side shooter?

reload reload