Byzantine Vidya

What games allow you to play as this beautiful nation?

Don't you mean Turkey lad?

Bad Mojo?

Byzaboos btfoed

Ottomans didn't last over a thousand year.

I'll start with the obvious.

Europa Universalis
Crusader Kings
Victoria 2
Civilization

Why is Mongolia divided into three parts on that map?

Roman Empire

Byzantine Empire
Romaboos truly are delusional.
That being said, neither can compare to the British Empire.

Crossdressers =/= trannies
Also I'd have fucked the emperor tbh

No, but roaches can.

He wanted to be a woman, which is why he asked his guards to castrate him.

Oh I thought he was just a boyslut. Nevermind then.

Mount & blade warband with the mod anno domini 1257, but it crashes so much it isnt even worth it.

Rome Total War - Barbarian Invasion
Medieval 2 Total War

U wot?

Lmao, when Irine of Athens became Byzantine "Empress" the Roman throne was de jure vacant, so Pope Leo III. was well within his rights to crown Karl the Great aka "Charlemagne" Roman emperor.
Stay mad, Greekboos

1453 goes in all fields

Age of Empires 2
Knighs of Honor

German's finance minister Wolfgang Schäuble pretty much runs the Eurogroup, the Eurogroup being the real source of authority in the EU, because despite the Eurogroup being an informal unofficial gathering of all the EU finance ministers they still pass binding and enforceable resolutions even though they are not on any official books for the the EU.

reported for treason against the Emperor

476 :^)

Holy fuck this is terrible history even as a fucking meme this is fucking terrible.

Perfidious Albion being perfidious as usual.

It never crashed for me.

Minecraft with the Millenaire mod, which adds in Byzantine.

they were racists that oppressed the brave islamic people of turkey until they managed to bring freedom to the middle east and balkans.

Nice try, but the Finns had their own empire under that Genghis Khan fellow.

How do you leave tracks at sea? Unintentionally and continuously? That survive for days?

Sure shitskin. HRE had more claim to keep the romans alive then you will ever have

kek

HRE is great and all, but did it almost defeat the entire world like the glorious Third Reich?

MEANWHILE, IN BYZANTINE Holla Forums

More like gloryhole reich.

We're talking Byzantine here, lad.

Assuming you mean to say Byzantine, it occupied from Gades to Dara, all the civilized world, successfully for a long while. And it survived for more than 12 years, like 90 times that long. It was by leaps and bounds more successful than the Third Reich, hell the Third Reich isn't even the most successful Reich in human history.

Thread was discussing both, also HRE > Byzantine.

However, it was the most promising one in human history.

So you went from Reich being better than the HRE, which it wasn't the HRE lasted longer and was more successful, to HRE better than Byzantine, which is debatable at best. Wew land, goalpost movement must be difficult with all those easily breakable tanks, but then I think we both know you're not really about putting forward a coherent argument and just want responses.

Promising means showing signs of a successful future. A nation that enters into a war on two fronts with the entire world isn't not promising.

Now don't expect any other response other than ">not discuss Byzantine and Byzantine Vidya" unless your next comment is about Byzantine and Byzantine Accessories.

It did, until kikes made the usa fully enter the war.

Go ask /gsg/. Byzantium is their favorite topic.

You people disgust me.

Total War is all I can think of. That's actually fun

Speaking of fun games that don't get talked about nearly enough, tried Knights of Honor?

I brought it, but I've never actually played. It looks great though when I watched a playthough of it.

IT WAS AN EMPIRE YOU MONGOLOID

Finland can't be Byzantine successor since it's neither orthodox nor a monarchy.

All Empire's are nations, user.

No you retard, empires span multiple nations. Nation =/= state

You mean Roman Empire, lad.

As in its so complex and retarded that there's no way anyone understands how to play it?

SS13

A nation is a collection of people that share a language, or an ethnicity, or traditions, or customs and habits. I see nothing in the definition that prevents and Empire from being a nation, or nation-state in it's own right as well, even if it is limited to it's aristocracy, capital, and/or administrative and military classes/functions.

Yes we all know it's the Roman Empire, but we use Byzantine to distinguish it from the other different Roman Empire's that existed, such as the Roman Kingdom, the Roman Republic, the Roman Empire, the Western Roman Empire, the First Triumvirate of Rome, the Second Triumvirate of Rome, the Tetrarchy of Rome, etc and so fourth. Rome's history is to big for all of it's to just be referred to Rome when you're talking about a specific period.

An empire is defined as a collection of nations ruled by an emperor. By definition, empires aren't nation-states; they are states that have subjugated multiple nations. For example, the Byzantine Empire ruled over Greeks, Anatolians, Syrians, Jews, Egyptians and Africans.

No, it's a collection of states, nations, and countries ruled over by a single monarch or oligarchy.

I never said Empires are by definition nation-states, I said that their ruler, aristocracy, and hereditary titles/classes are a nation/nation-state in their own right.

Let me clarify that. By their definition, empires are never nation states, as they are not ethnically homogenous. While Byzantine emperors and aristocracy were Greeks, Byzantium wasn't a Greek nation state, as it ruled over other nations as well. Just like the British Empire wasn't a nation state despite its English monarchy since it ruled over the Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Indians, etc.