Hey its me ur brother

Friendly reminder to use Steam Mobile Authenticator. It could save your games.

Ignoring people's requests can save a lot more then your games.

is this like a new level of ironic shitposting

give me ur rune armor ill trim it 4 u

that's what I was also thinking. i'm wondering if it's a bot again or something.

I thought \s8s\ was supposed to be self-contained; did something go wrong?

Is it time ?

please tell me I'm not the only dumb fucker to fall for this shit as a kid

t. gaben

Aha, I see you are well versed in web technology, just like me, the hacker known as Anonymous. I would like to invite you to join my ranks at my secret hacking network at the darkweb. Of course, you will have to make an account, so we can give you credit and pay you for your epic hacks. We only need the following things to set up your account:
And the answer to these three security questions (for account recovery purposes)

Anyone here can be invited to join our ranks, limited time only. Just fill out the form above and you can log onto our secret network within 24 hours.

I bet your computer doesn't even have a 10 meg pipe.

i once gave my password away to a guy who promised he'd charge me cash points in an MMO.

i was like 11

A few years ago, before steam authenticator, my cousin called me because he was 'a bit worried'. Someone with the name SteamSupport-something added him on Steam and asked him for his account name and password for 'verification' purposes due some 'suspicious activity in his account', which he promptly gave them.
After a while he felt uneasy and decided to call me. At first I couldn't believe it was real because, come one, who the fuck falls in that bullshit? Well he did.
Now, my cousin and I grew up messing with computers around us our whole life, so I thought he would be less of a retard on that regard. Boy, I was mistaken.
Luckily the faggot didn't log off before calling me, so he managed to change his password.

I don't get why some idiots would bother trying to get you to give your credentials when they can just call some customer support for one of your account and eventually unlock your email account with minimal social engineering.

I just wanted to help people

Why not dupe your own items?

daily reminder to give up your phone number at every chance goy

at least I didn't cry but from that day I became hostile to everyone in mmos.

daily reminder to murder your siblings

Well meme'd, how old were you? Judging by teamviewer this wasn't that long ago.

Isn't Teamviewer from 2005? That's already more than a decade, user.

thats amazing, you must have been with some pretty decent kids in elementary school to not see that kind of thing coming. eh it can be hard to really remember how lousy people can be.

14-15 years old. I was playing this game

God damnit whats the music on he second webm.

You have it good burgers, here in slav-country trust no one.

When i was a kid, i used to play a shitty MMORPG.
In game, i was poor, i didn't have too much time to play either, so i couldn't autistically grind my way to the top.
I needed a specific weapon.
I don't remember the details of it, but it costed a certain amount of gems, basically these rare drops, other players would only accept these gems to buy and sell shit, they didn't give a shit about money.

So i'm in the game "main hub", and i'm looking around at people buying and selling.
This guy approaches me out of nowhere and says something along the lines of "please, can you hold this for me? i need to transfer this to my other character, and i don't have friends that can help me with this, you look trustworthy".
And lo and behold, it was one of those crystals, actually a pretty expensive one, that would allow me to get precisely the weapon i wanted.
So i say ok, i take the crystal, and he logs out to switch to his other character.
I log out too, my heart racing so fast i tought it would explode.
I didn't log back in for a week, scared to death that he would somehow find me.
When i came back, i got the weapon i wanted.
Half a month later i got bored with the game and never came back.

I still think about it to this day because it feels so "perfect", it felt so convenient that i would need that specific thing, at that specific time, and a random stranger would just pick me out of the crowd of dozens of players, -me-, and trust me with something so important to him.
And i betrayed him right there.
Sometimes i think it was some sort of test, fate was testing me, trying to see what kind of person i am, and i failed that test that day.
If i could go back in time, i would've never tricked that stranger, i would've waited for his alt and given him his crystal back.

Yes, give Valve more data.

*CLICK*
*CLICK*
*TACK*
That's all it takes for a hacker to enter your account and steal all your vidya.
Why don't you use the steam mobile authenticator?

Why didnt you just close team viewer as soon as something shady was going on?