Considering I see more and more casuals use "it sold well so it must be good!/It sold bad so it must be bad!" as an...

Considering I see more and more casuals use "it sold well so it must be good!/It sold bad so it must be bad!" as an argument on Holla Forums why don't we have a thread about great games that flopped.

One of my favorite games of the last generation. So fucking unique and well put together.

Wrong thread, this one is about great games.

GF flopped?

yes it did
So hard it killed point and click forever

something about grey goo failed to hook me.

all shit

Last I checked Primordia and the Deponia series exist.

Just because it didn't turn into a AAA genre doesn't mean it's dead. Maybe if you stopped waiting on Holla Forums to spoonfeed you game suggestions and actually go out and find something to play…

One of the more recent examples.
Though Platinum/Clover Games products sold like shit in general, I think the first Bayonetta was the only profitable IP they had.

I feel like Platinum exists to justify consoles, but only after the console dies.

Grim Fandango didn't flop.

Stop paying attention to the mainstream games industry and their adherents and do your own thing.

Obligatory. It's amazing xseed even bothers with the series considering sales.

It did in 1998, the remake did well but the original came out in a time when point and click adventure games were beginning to die.

Oh on a side note complaining about Jews enables Jews.

Like when I see threads about how awful some eceleb cunt is- that's a view retards.

And whose fault was that?

Nonetheless, it was profittable even if for brand alone. Maybe it didn't gross a lot of money, and it sold poorly, but, LucasArt said it did good, and there's really no source that says the contrary.

No one, really. 10 years of point and click plus new genres were going to naturally kill them, with or without Tim Schafer. I can only hope the same happens to e-sports and FPS.

Grey Goo wasn't great though

I like Grim Fandango but DotT was bastardization of Maniac Mansion and a sign of what happen when game designers obsess over controlling the player's experience.

No advertising whatsoever, sold like absolute shit, turned out one of the best games on the GC.
Even used copies go for $200+ nowadays.

And then the devs left Capcom at some point and made Gundam Extreme VS 8 years later, even re-using the same victory camera

No one posted mirrors user.

LA Noire is the kino of video games.

It does kind of feel like their later efforts were a step backwards in a way.

Take a guess.

Or it's history.

More like Freefall 2, am I right?
It will never stop bothering me that these games flopped and now the genre is being brought back by sloppily made shit. Allegiance was an incredibly ambitious game and yet actually managed to deliver, but we'll probably never get anything like it again because it flopped and Star Citizen has had 130 million pumped it to it because "you can do anything" type bullshit.

It is assholes calling certain mechanics as objectively better than others