Games that have Good AI

It seems to be pretty rare, but there has to be at least a couple of games that have it.
Hard mode: No boardgames or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

stalker definitely

stalker, for sure

F.E.A.R.

Do you mean AtmosFear, the Stalker mod?

How fucking underage are you?

Is the bot back and now making threads and replying to them?

Civ 5 with the Community Expansion Pack installed.

Distant Worlds with the Unleashed 2 mods installed.

You have to be baiting.

Halo, no idea about the games from the new studio though

How fucking autistic are you? Its a joke, OP is saying no stalker and these anons post stalker.

But FEAR doesn't have good AI. It has verbose AI.

There's a big difference.

Good AI is a meme.
When the AI stops being predictable the game stops having set rules that you can follow. It becomes guesswork and takes out the fun of actually learning how a game works.

I noticed some really nice AI moves in Neon Chrome. Like if you kill an enemy from around a corner any enemies who were following the recently deceased would stop and wait for you instead of going in a conga line around said corner. Plus when a fire team is called on your ass the guys with the impenetrable riot shields come out first, with support units behind them and the leader usually in the middle where his aura would suit the team.

The AI for playing GO is pretty good, supposedly.

That's why no one plays against human players anymore.

Why would you want to have the same experience you have in mulltiplayer in singleplayer?

I'd go with AI War and Republic Commando for having good enough AI that you don't have to usually babysit everyone. I really hate shit companion AI. Frozen Synapse seemed to have some pretty sharp AI. I'd just like for there to be more games where the AI actually starts to learn and become progressively harder. I suppose it would have to be something without a story or at least one that revolves around a losing battle. Something like how old arcade games would just reach an unwinnable state the deeper you went.

FEAR was pretty shit tbh, having a good AI didn't save it.

Holla Forums

but Holla Forums isn't a video game.

But it's the Japanese image board of video games. How is it not a game?

Classic DOOM
Super Mario series
Bayonetta

Not even baiting, having behavioural patterns that are utilised properly within mechanical and level designs are all a game's AI really needs.
People place too much emphasis on the intelligence part of AI and forget that it's artificial. If the actor acts in a way that's appropriate for where it is and operates with a purpose that it's behaviour fulfils, then logically it should be considered to be good AI from a game design POV.
Leave the sci-fi to the writers and academics.

OH FUCK

Oh shit, you're right.

Still better than your buggy slavshit meme game.

When you kill an enemy and take the body away, even without alerting the others, someone will notice that one the guards is missing and will alert the others about it.
Also the stealth is really well implemented, you have to think hard before moving forward and a bit of luck is required, like hitting an enemy with a throwing knife while he's moving away from your character.

I agree

Holla Forums has the best AI

The other Halo games have pretty decent AI, but the only other games in the series to surpass the first one in that department in Reach, which has the best AI i've ever seen in a first person shooter on the higher difficulties.

Elites in Reach on legendeary and to a lesser extent heroic are absurd and can be uncanilly human like in how they move around and react to things,.

One time, one baited me into following them behind a building so I would get off the warthog turret, then looped back around to the other side, so when I turned the corner again, it had gotten onto the turret and killed me with it, then got off, and shot my dead body a few times while laughing.

The shooting you after you died and laughing is obviously a scripted activity, but it tricking me into getting off the turret, and chasing after it all around the building so it could get on wasn't, and that creeped me out as being such a human tactic to use.

Chess

that might be the key trick into making good AI in the first place, FEAR gives the ai a lot of tools to work with, they can knock stuff over, they can crawl and climb and leap over stuff and seem to have a mild form of communication with each other. a lot of shooters only allow the enemy to move and shoot so even if they're "smart" AI they can't actually do a lot with their brains

CREATE CONTEXT

ww2 was a mistake, hitler should've done his job or not at all. we ended up with a generation raised by women during the dawn of feminism that was obviously broken which then raised a generation of retards and we now have the generation of faggots

the problem started way before hitler. hitler was the one who got furthest in providing a solution, but was still beaten.

the moment women got rights and age of consent was invented, humanity was lost.

Reported for obvious kike shill.

hi Holla Forums, hows the reproduction going?

Thanks for admitting it.

The Dark Mod has a quite hardcore stealth AI.
It's very good for a stealth game.

If only the sound design would be better it would be GOAT. But it's a fan production and therefore can't have awesome thief music.

Who knew that sound design would be so fucking important for stealth games, huh? :^)