The Backwards Logic Behind No Split-Screen

Am I stupid or is there a jump in logic being made here? Despite having the technology to create even better split-screen experiences devs instead are pissing it all away. HD resolutions mean that 2-4 player split-screen can be done in a way where everyone can clearly see what's going on and TVs are bigger than they ever were in the 6th gen golden age of split-screen. So you'd think split-screen would be what devs are programming for.
Is this just kikes trying to force more people to buy copies of their games? If that's the reason I fail to see the logic, because when online multiplayer was just starting to take off into it's present day popularity it was good split-screen experiences that made me buy the online game so I could play it with friends. Not the idea that the only way I could play with them is to buy it. The idea that I have to shell out money to play a game with friends is what's turned me to buying more singleplayer games instead.
What's the logic here? Or is there no logic and it's just retarded suits ruining vidya again?

They removed splitscreen because the hardware will shit itself.

No they removed split screen to force everybody to buy their own console, their own copy of the game, and their own online subscription in order to play together with their friends.

But local multiplayer only encourages sales. Because having a good experience in a local setting with friends just makes people want their own copy so they can keep playing it at home. Nobody in [Current Year] + 1 is going to exclusively play a game at a friend's house on split-screen.
Even when split-screen multiplayer was the only way to do multiplayer my friends would still buy them so that their friends could play with them. There's just a huge hole in this logic of no more split-screen games that I really have to believe the argument that presents

They want you to pay for online. Why don't they allow self host for online non mmo games. Fuck them anyway. Mobile is the future. Play for free and don't pay for shit while brain dead pay for everything.

I sure hope not

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

Except Mario Kart 8 and the Mario Kart 8.5 from the Switch reveal trailer both have splitscreen?

they're not on PC

This. And they are good at selling it. Just listen to any Playstation 4 owner how great PS+ is.

Just $60 a year! So cheap!

And it comes with FREE GAMES! :^)

I'd say my post is the real reason, and coincidentally it gets them more money.

I own one and it kills my interest in fighting games. I can play against my brother but they don't have much content and if you can't play online why bother with fighting games.

Are there any good non-Nintendo local multiplayer games at all this gen?

Knack

I can't wait for the industry to crash.
Hopefully Trump returns vidya back to form; splitscreen was where some of my fondest and finest memories were made. I can't count how many hours I and my little brother must've spent at our friend's house just playing literally everything. Hell, we even had a ton of fun with StarCraft 64 for gods sake
But ofc companies hate things that dont maximize profit. Games don't matter to them anymore. I hope they all burn in fires, they've effectively ruined this hobby for the time being.

For real nigga unless you are being serious. I'm looking for some newer games to play with my friends and family.

We don't really have very high standards, to be honest. We had a blast with Jackbox recently.

And lots of people don't go online for MP and play SP as the only option, split-screen would increase the value of the game for them.

Kung Fu Strike is great for 2 player co op.

I play MarioKart, Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Party with wife and 5yo son on my trusty old N64.
Fucking hate how devs abandoned split screen and I fucking hate all this 'social media' integration trend.
Maybe I sound like an old man, but fuck it. Get out of my lawn.

Was joking yea, knack is fucking horrid and while you can play co-op it doesnt have split screen. Its the only current gen game I played because noone I know owns a console.

You're thinking too much like a person and not like a kike. There was a time when you could spawn PC games (pic related): as long as one person had the CD they could all play in LAN together. So five people would install the game, play together, like the game, borrow the CD and then buy their own CD eventually. This is a slow process, but it's a process that pays off in the long run. Warcraft 2 is still available in retail; it's the Battle.net edition, but it's still Warcraft 2.

We live in an era where the most profit is expected in the first few weeks, so we cannot have people slowly coming to the game. The publishers and devs use ever crooked trick they have in order to push people to buy the game before they get distracted by the next shiny new preorder. Cutting out local multiplayer is one way of doing it, they hope you will buy the new game so they get you hooked up to online subscription, season passes and unlocked DLC. No one thinks about long-term anymore.

You typed 'Best Warcraft' wrong

The Wii U has a lot of splitscreen games. Also a lot of it's games revolve around using the TV and gamepad for multiplayer.
The only PC game I can think of that does splitscreen is Rocket League. You'd think that with Valve pushing their gabecubes and SteamOS they'd incentivise games with local multiplayer, especially since that means people buying multiple controllers.

Import Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi. Don't need to know moon to play and it's a blast with another person. Even then there are guides online that explain everything. Most I figured out with no guide.

Dokapon Kingdom for the Wii is Dragon Quest combined with Monopoly. It's stupid fun and probably the most infuriating game to play with friends because back stabbing is the best way to win. Fortune Street is another good one but with more emphasis on the Monopoly part instead of being a RPG.

Tales of games are 4 player action RPGs for the most part. Tales of Graces F is a blast to play with friends and has some of the best combat I've seen in an action RPG. You can also make fun of the shit story together.

Fighting games are always a thing. If you're a casual at them, then Koihime Enbu is a good start. Essentially anime Street Fighter 2 based on a eroge about the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Very easy to pick up and play. Barely any combos too so you don't even need to learn characters.

I'm about to blow your mind.
the new call of duty games have split screen

You're going to take those goalposts, and you're gonna put them right the fuck back where you found them, got it?

Nostalgia. Warcraft 1 and 2 had shit gameplay and the story may as well have been non existent. WC3 has a lot of flaws but it holds up better than the first two. In 5, 10 or 20 years WC3 will still be a decent game.

This, there are many contributing factors but this is the main one.
The main question is with how powerful PC's are and how common place dual screens are, why haven't we got a bunch of single screen COOP games yet

To be fair how many games on PC have split screen? Hell why is that? PC is probably the most offending platform when it comes to this.

I sorta wanted the new call of duty after not buying it since mw2, but then all this meme shit happened and now I can't buy it because I know it will be empty as hell.

Do I look like some kind of developer for consoles and PC? You expect a proper answer from some random shitheel on the internet? consoles don't do splitscreen because developers are just lazy as fuck. Though more and more because the single player experience is barely playable, split screen would drop framerates to below double digits.

I haven't played the newest one though like how it's going all sci fi as fuck, last one I played was black ops 3 (haven't played since black ops 1), but black ops 3 had 4 player splitscreen in pretty much every game mode.

I don't really care about split screen.

In my experience, the best way to play multiplayer games while in the same room is in games that allow all the players to share the same screen, or handheld multiplayer games where everyone plays on his own handheld and you use wireless, or wi-fi, to play together while in the same room.
And, of course, fighting games.

Split screen was never especially enjoyable to me.

PC not having splitscreen may have some logic behind it. most PCs still sit on one person desks, and often with a smaller screen. In addition to normalfags who don't know how to hook up a controller to a pc, I can see why a dev might not put much effort into it.
It's still bullshit

Although this is true, not all games allow that. First person Games and even Third person games need an split screen. I do agree that shit like Diablo 3 on consoles is really damn good for that, Dragon Crown on itself is.

There's been a lot of recent PC games such as Overcooked and Nidhogg that only support local multiplayer though, which is a unfathomably Jap tier decision.
The WiiU would have been a lot more appealing if the games that were local multiplayer & co-op only had an online option.

For FPSes, that was mostly a console thing back in the day.
I grew up with Unreal, Quake etc.
So when people back then wanted to play those games locally, they would just organize LAN parties.

I guess the idea of "quick local multiplayer" never associated itself with FPSes in my mind.
I didn't especially like Goldeneye growing up, it was just kinda meh to me.

That's just 3D Smash bros, everyone ends up chucking each other off the stage.

Online Nintendoland would have been cool though

it was WC2's 21st birthday 2 days ago. We should have a celebration thread
tfw a blizzard game can legally drink earlier than you by 6 days

The answer is simple OP.
The game devs are either too stupid and/or lazy to add splitscreen multiplayer into the game or they purposely didn't add it in so that people are forced into buying multiple copies so that their friends can play with them.

How many people have you convinced with these shit-tier arguments? WC2's gameplay was a bit clunky, yeah, but it was more than serviceable for the game itself, and while the overarching plot wasn't as strong as it could've been, the smaller, unique stories built with each mission were immensely enjoyable. Along with this, the campaign map design was fantastic for its time.
The drawn graphics really age far better than expected, and the animations are satisfying. Along with this, the soundtracks are fantastic and the variety of units is pretty great (even if some units are practically clones of other races, aesthetically they have enough flavor to feel unique)
At least provide more justification than
You look like some TVtropes browsing faggot when you use that argument.

warcraft 1 had shit controls, but warcraft 2 was just fine, aside from the tile-like unit sizes

PCs have had split screen or shared keyboard gaming since before your mother got shat out of the womb. Go home.

Almost every game I have on Steam has splitscreen if it has multiplayer, unless it's specifically a console port.

How were my goalposts moved? Sonic All Stars is on multiple platforms and Mario Kart is not. Sega does what Nintendon't.

4 player on pc

I don't know in what first world country you lived, but that's not something common over here, and even with my brother we only had one PC so if we wanted to play it had to be split screen.

Not to mention, LAN party means you have to buy the game by the amount of people there, that's just plain retarded unless you pirate the game, and that just means going around the problem.

the main reason behind the lack of splitscreen is some games are absolute ass at splitscreen

try to play a fps game on splitscreen nowadays i dare you

but when a racing game or a fighting game doesn't feature local play then that's fucking bullshit

Most of us live in 1st world countries, poorfag

Poor people in 1st world country's don't get Cholera from literal rivers of shit running near their house.

Spot on, user. I hate Venezuela