Does this game have a lot of secrets / optional areas / collectables?

Does this game have a lot of secrets / optional areas / collectables?
I've been itching for Zelda-like games for a while, but I already beat all the actual Zelda games as well as similar games like Darksiders and BamHam

best zelda game

There are a lot of good things to be said about the game, but it's mind-boggling easy. I simply stopped playing after about 7 hours because I was bored out of mind.

Jauffre would be the one to know. He lives quietly as a monk at Weynon Priory, near the city of Chorrol.

Yes it does.

Yeah, and the beads you get can unlock something late in the game. Blockhead can suck a chode.

If you want challenge out of it, go for collecting all the beads, you'll know what i mean.
If you want screw-around open world it's simply the best.

Bead collecting is pretty pointless for its tangible reward invicibility

As the other user said, it is piss easy, but it is still a great and beautiful game. I still go back and play it on my PS2 every couple of years.

It does have a lot of content.

Made me laugh regardless

The only way Okami could be more perfect is if it were an honest challenge. There are only a handful of real fights in the game, but I suppose doing a low health run would add some tension.

nigger you barely started the damn game at that point. yes, it's too easy before the first Orochi fight, but that's like 25% of the way in.

Yeah, it's great for that. Make sure you don't miss any of the bestiary entries, there's little else that's missable in the game from what I remember though.

I loved Okami, but the bead reward pissed me off so much. I spent ages finding all the beads myself without using a guide - admittedly, it was kinda fun, some of the hiding places were really inventive - and then the reward is basically godmode in a game that is already too easy. I don't know what I expected but I expected it to be more appealing than that. There are one or two hidden fights that are tricky like the one with all the dogs in the wind temple, and the bosses might give you some trouble before you get their strat down, but that's about it.

It really makes a good case for why consoles are shit, (not that the PS2 was gen7/gen8 tier) if Okami had a PC release it could have been modded and the difficult could have been tweaked to the point that it was challenging, which would have made it soooo much better.

Good amount of secrets and plenty of collectables, not too much in the way of optional areas (though stuff can and does change in previous areas you've been to, ie going to the tutorial area and the Cave of Nagi after beating Orochi).

Yes. Weapons, techniques, very strong element brush techniques which are linked to optional sidequests and actually kinda hard (and fun as fuck) to find in the world, awesome abilities like running on water like a true goddess, skins etc. pp. Also, economy and money is actually working and worth something in this game.

Zelda is my favourite video game series but Okami completely shit on it. You have to be mentally disabled to not see this.

But yeah, it's pretty easy. Althought he difficulty is actually pretty moderate if you a) never buy health and damage buff items (waste of money anyway), sell said items instead of using them and don't waste "luck" on your health (unlike Zelda games in Okami you can choose how to use "heart pieces" you find in the world).

PS2, Wii, or PS3 version? Does the PS3 version have a physical release?

No.

15hr of content if you don't stray from the main story, 80+ if you do everything

PS2 if you have the actual console, PCSX2 doesn't emulate it well (Z-fighting, blur effect looks wrong when you upscale and some plugin are missing mopst of the effects.)
PS3 is good too but has more slowdown and framerate issues.
Wii is shit in every way but it emulates the best out of the other.

Anyone else really love Okami for the aesthetics, music, characters, general charm, etc, but just not like anything about the actual gameplay?

I hated how simplistic and easy the combat is, I hated how bad the platforming can sometimes be (making precise jumps particularly), I hated how simplistic the 'dungeons' were, I hated how you had to fight Orochi three times without any variation…

But I love the game for everything else. It's a game I'd otherwise never wanna play, but gussied up into something so beautiful and endearing.

I came here to post basically this
It's a personal 9/10 but it's just too fucking easy in both puzzles/battles, and yeah, the platforming sucks, not that I've ever been good at it. Fighting Orochi so many times was indeed shit, especially because the last boss is basically pulled out of Ainu ass and, like everything else, was a walk in the park.

Have you played Okamiden? Been meaning to give it a go for years.

Not really since I'm an adult, I know how budget works and what to expect form certain genres. From an action adventure with focus on exploration and doing optional stuff I don't expect Monster Hunter or DMC combat.

And I don't see anything wrong with the platforming or dungeons. The dungeons weren't very complex but always something completely different and unique, also very organic at times, the exact opposite of Zelda dungeons which always follow the exact same patterns and always have more or less the same length.

Yeah, this game is actually surprisingly long and has a great deal more content than it lets on at the start. There's a lot more to see.

Is this generation Dark Souls? There is more to games today than just difficulty (especially when the difficulty is as horribly executed as in Souls).

Too much dialog.

Okamiden stinks, in perfect honesty. If you thought Okami was braindead easy then Okamiden is even easier, weapons are simplified (no using a second weapon for a subweapon, to get new weapons you have to upgrade one you've already got through collectables rather than via finding them or buying them, no learning new moves), there's new brush techniques but the new ones don't get any use outside their dungeons whatsoever, music is generally less inspired/worse, and the biggest kick in the teeth is that Chibiterasu has absolutely none of the mobility Ammy has, slow as balls with a barely-there jump that can't actually scale anything.

Due to the DS's limitations the world's also loaded in "chunks" depending on how big the area you're in is, so Shinshu Field has a loading screen going from one part of it to another because of how big it is.