Enough with Final Fantasy, lets talk about the superior Legacy RPG franchise that doesn't get enough love

Enough with Final Fantasy, lets talk about the superior Legacy RPG franchise that doesn't get enough love.

Or
Start with Xenogears, then play the DS remake of Xenosaga Episode 1&2, it has a fan translation, and then play Episode 3, then play Xenoblade and then XCX. Every game but Xenoblade has playable mechs anyway.
Then at LEAST play Xenoblade because X builds off it and expects you to have played the first Xenoblade before.

TFW sequel never ever T~T

Other urls found in this thread:

theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/ps2-isos/xenosaga---episode-i---der-wille-zur-macht-usa---undub-7z-1-1-1-4/
romhustler.net/rom/ps2/xenosaga-episode-ii-jenseits-von-gut-und-bose
romhustler.net/rom/ps2/xenosaga-episode-iii-also-sprach-zarathustra
nicoblog.org/psp/xenogears-undub/
romhacking.net/games/819/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wouldn't that require me to buy a Jewtendo console? Fuck that.

Played it on emulator and it was pretty fun till my computer died, I lost the save and I can't be bothered to play through it again

Xenogears is good and all…but it's not fun to grind when enemy don't drop moolah.

Fucking love those games.
Played all except Xenosagas.
Xenoblade X kept me entertained enough to 100% it completely.
I also like how the lifeholds in Xenoblade X are Zohars

Considering the next game will be running in the Breath of the Wild engine with all it's cool as fuck technology I wonder if Monolith will actually utilize any of it or even push for better combat? I remember reading that the next Monolith Soft game isn't a Xenoblade sequel, but that may just be a ruse.

You can emulate all of those games you tard.

I brought it for my brother for his birthday and because he just completed Xenoblade Chronicles, I said I wouldn't touch it until he completed it, he hasn't even got a skell yet.

Now that the dust has settled, are the censorship and meme injects THAT bad? Are they tolerable if you bought the game second hand?

Make yer own thread, chummer.

Don't they use like motion controls or some shit? If they don't I guess that's fine I'm not familiar with Wii emulation.

That's a fine way to attract angry nay-sayers who probably don't even play the game.

Here, I can presumably talk to people who have actually played it

Don't they use like motion controls or some shit?

Oh..you mean, this game in particular and not in general?

My brother said it was stupid but he liked the game anyway, if you don't want to give them money just pirate or something.

I accidentally forgot my meme arrows.

Holy shit, no. Xenoblade actually came bundled with a wii classic controller pro in europe.
And it got ported to 3ds. Can the 3ds do motion control? Fuck no. You're good to go laddie.

No.
Also please kill yourself.

Don't buy it, or at least buy it used. don't support cancer regardless of quantity. XCX is a big game anyway, they already made their money so don't give them anymore for it.

In general though the entire series is muddled with this. Xenogears was rushed to fuck after disc 1, Xenosaga was chopped up and split up and then censored and bamco pushed a B team to make Episode 2 so they could make installments quicker.

The memes are truly cringeworthy but they are quite spaced out and IIRC none of them are in the main plot itself and are all related to side quests so that makes it not quite as bad I guess. And the censorship is limited to swimsuit outfits which ruins dress ups (but for some retarded reason they didn't change the item's display pic so they don't match which is annoying).

No motion controls. You're good to go.

Is that confirmed? That would be awesome as fuck. I really want to see them make a new game, but considering the cliffhanger ending of X I can't imagine them just moving on to something completely different…

Nintendorks everyone.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

I love how nintendo made that change when the lyrics of black tar specifically refer to the mechs as Dolls. That and Skell more or less kills the meta dolls piloting larger dolls thing

I can't say with absolute certainty that Monolith will use the Breath of the Wild engine but Nintendo said part of the games large development cycle was the engine itself being built as the core Nintendo engine, and Monolith are currently working on Breath of the Wild which would be a good way for their devs to familiarize themselves with the engine. I'd say the next Monolith soft game being on the Breath of the Wild engine is highly probable.

Yeah that's not what I said or even implied, consider killing yourself.

What? That got finished? I thought it died last year.

However, I'd still argue that the original, undubed Xenosaga 1 is worth playing through. It's comfy.
It's really best to undub all Xenosaga games.

They also didn't change several puns involving dolls in side quests names.

In general the translation is just low quality all around. A lot of it is retarded mostly direct translation without giving any of the hints or anything of what the original was intending, some of it is them not knowing what they were translating in the first place, and the rest was just mediocre "Passable" translation work.

Honestly, pissing off the fans wasn't a good idea. I'm pretty sure there was only like five fans out of the grand total of 10 xenofans that actually bought the game thanks to all the bullshit they pulled what with the Dolls to Skells, the Wels to Verus and gutting the meaning of BLADE. I'm sure there is more but I don't have the patience to watch a walkthrough or a 100% LP of the game I still wanna play it but I'm hoping for a fan retranslation one day.

Decades ago, I used to scour Japanese homepages for Xenogears art. I'd see what drawings they personally drew, then click on their LINKS page to see others in their "circle".

I saved this pic. I liked it.

I have never been able to find the source again, because I did all this BEFORE GOOGLE WAS INVENTED. REVERSE-GOOGLE SEARCH DOES NOTHING.

I have so much Xenogears art saved using this method, and the sources are all lost, or long deleted like our own Geocities/Angelfire homepages.

Sad.

You'll be waiting a long time mate.

Worst off they could have easily changed the name to Gears without upsetting anyone I mean I'd still be slightly miffed but tying it back to Xenogears would have balanced it out. Skell is really just a dumb name all around since these mechs are more like humanoid tanks and fighter planes than a fucking exoskeleton.

The game honestly isn't great it has a bunch of small to medium problems grinding affection and levels on side characters sucks massive ass and way too many of the quests are kill alien bears or pick up alien things that has a 1% drop rate on a specific corner of the map. That and the combat is a mess and I'm more or less that the tab targetting ai soul voice shit needs to go in the sequel and needs to be replaced with actual control of your party. The story is pretty lame since it focuses on one annoying character and one eh character with the player controlled protagonist not being remotely relevant in the slightest. The variety of mechs isn't there either.

Overall X is just kind of mediocre even when compared to the Xenoblade that came before it. It is a good first step and I hope Monolith gets to make their dream sci-fi rpg series that they keep getting fucked out of completing though.

Gotta hand it to Monolith, they know how to bridge 3 fucking series without getting sued and connect them all while trying to get ahead, that's fucking autistic commitment.

Xenogears was great, but underfunded because of the budget black hole that is the Final Fantasy series. I guess I should be glad it was made at all, at a time when Squaresoft was throwing around some money on side projects. If it was proposed a few years earlier or later, it never would have been made. And I don't know how it got to the US with some things intact.

Fuck you, OP. I fell for the Xenogears meme because of faggots like you.

A mecha fantasy? Yeah, sure I'll take that. Oh, nice FMV. Oh cool, a combo system. Yeah, nice story and all, but who are all those people again? Emperor? Lambs? Magical people in the sky? Some two nations at war one that's nothing but a fucking desert*? Who gives a shit, I want to have adventures with my mechas! Why is the world map so empty? Why is training deathblows such a chore? Why am constantly watching cut scenes that add more fluff and never explain jack shit? Let me out, I want to explore!

I was promised a fun a game, not this shit.

k

Because most of the fun you get by the time is at Xenoblade Chronicles, which the devs learned from MMOs and open world games, too bad it's stuck on the fucking Wii-U, too much oversaturation of it's theme down your throat, but that's Japanese storytelling, it's purposely overflowing your head with too much shit so you can think it's a 2deep4u game, just a shame that the first Xenogears got fucked up by siphoning of staff and funds to FF8 and Parasite Eve.

:^)

The proper play order is Chrono Trigger -> Xenogears -> Chrono Cross -> Xenosaga -> Xenoblade

Xenogears is Dune you idiot.

I think he meant for XCX. The censorship of episode 3 is worse than 1's.

I am about to finish Xenogears. Why should I play the DS version of Xenosaga E1&2 instead of the PS2 version?

The DS version's fan translation was never released, so if you want it in English you'll have to play the PS2 game. Skip the 2nd game and just watch the cutscenes on youtube, it's fucking boring as fuck, but 3 is really good.

i think the second game has some nice feelings from the atmosphere and ingame music
its worth one playthrough, imo, without doing the sidequests and such

Fuck those sidequests, especially the money raising one. You have to spend what, three hours stealing from Orgulla to make beat it before the endgame?

Xenosaga 1 is great.
Xenosaga 2 is ass
Xenosaga 3 is disappointing.

Xenogears had a good story.

Every other game in the series was trash, asides from the very average gameplay of all titles in it.>>11443638

you're on Holla Forums here kid, not gamefags

thats totally new and original

It would have been great if it had more than one combat track the entire game except for the final boss, nothing kills my momentum faster than the game hyping up some boss fight, showing off how big and deadly this new threat is, amping it up with some good music and then it's the same fucking track I've been listening to since the first encounter in the goddamn game.
You know they fucked up when the most exciting part about the final boss is that the music is different for a goddamn change.

There were multiple churches in that game. The church of Nisan, which was legit, and the Church of Ethos, which was a large scale human trafficking and mind control operation run by (((Solaris))).

The game is a good redpill on the kikes yes. Hell even their god (satan really) is in it.

Do people seriously like Xenogears' gameplay? It's just so repetitive, combos are little more than glorified button inputs which deal more damage and mech combat is land combat with some slightly different rules
I dig the world and character designs but good god, everything aside from the boss encounters is boring as sin

Where can you find the undub versions? Sites I found put it behind a registration wall

If you are referring to Xenogears undub, you can actually find it on emuparadise.me

What, the constant overrated praise this game get for its "2deep4u" lore and storytelling, when the budget got cut, staff was shuffled to FF8, overuse of judeo-christian themes doesn't make it the even remotely the game to Evangelion? sounds like Evangelion to me, or is it Dune because "muh God-Emperor", political intrigue and manipulation by various secret societies and religion?

It was different on the hay days of JRPGs, was quite fun in the first few levels, then you discover all is for naught by the time you get to the second disc, you just sit back and enjoy the constant barrage of terms and watch the glorious suffering everyone is rained on.

It's Dune because the plot is a mash up of Dune 1 (Aveh arc) and God-Emperor (Solaris arc) when it's not rehashing Zeal from Chrono Trigger. The Eva similarities are extremely superficial. If anything, Xenosaga is the one that cribs from Eva, with Shion being female Shinji, more or less, and KOS-MOS being Rei.

Played Xenogears until babel tower > loved it
Finished Xenoblade > hated it
Played Xenosaga > loved it
Played jap Xenoblade X > couldn't stand nigger music and shitty forced grade level quests. terrible game.

Why did you stop at Babel Tower? Was it because of random battles at very 2-5 steps you made?

That's because Babel Tower has random encounters and set encounter locations for some goddamn reason, in addition to some you have to toggle on map (the elevators).

Because I'm feeling generous, prepared to be spoon fed

theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/ps2-isos/xenosaga---episode-i---der-wille-zur-macht-usa---undub-7z-1-1-1-4/

romhustler.net/rom/ps2/xenosaga-episode-ii-jenseits-von-gut-und-bose

romhustler.net/rom/ps2/xenosaga-episode-iii-also-sprach-zarathustra

Yeah, yeah whatever, they work. That's all that matters.

Are you me?

Shit, meant for

I meant them both, thanks babes.

Remind that this is the closest we will ever get to Xenogears in HD.

Xenogears is actually a homage to robot/mecha anime in general. There are references, characters, and scenes from Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, Gundam, Giant Robo, Evangelion, Voltron, and just about all of the 70s super robot anime. The entire game is a love letter to super robot and mecha anime, glued together with techno-religious chuuni shit.
Most people don't know fuck all about anime before the 90s, so all the references fly over their heads.

What a fucking dick tease.

Throw enough obscure religious terminology around and weebs will think your story makes sense. It's the Neon Genesis Evangelion model.

With games it works even better because autists will perceive continuity.

If you want to do something constructive to get people more interested in the series, then you should make an infographic about the different games and their connections to each other. I've never played them, but I can tell you having that kind of resource makes a game series much more approachable.

good, the original was fucked up. Just say no to John Podesta.

Now, I'm curious about what version does use.

Its the english version with jap voices. So the cut scenes are from the english one.
So its the left one, both versions have their high and weak points.

In the English version he rips his head off with his hands.

I'd say the "censored" version is even more fucked up. It's one thing to cut your arm and head off, but it's another thing to rip and tear it with your bear hands. Plus in the english version the talking head isn't censored.

I remember playing xenogears/saga games as a kid, but I can't remember anything about the story. All I can remember is the constant erection I had playing the Saga games and developing a fetish for glasses and leggings.

Nerd chicks make my dick ROCK hard.

Shame they turned Shion into a cunt.

They censored the cell out of the third one and ruined the most dramatic scenes in the english release. They took out all the blood, so one scene where young Shion is cupping blood in her hands becomes totally nonsensical as she's just cupping air.

Bullshit. They renamed dolls to skells to shove in a fucking spooky scary skeleton meme. FUCK. Im never playing xbx.

i just like the music

I do too. I got a wii u for nothing.

Xenogears is not a normalfag/casual game.

The plot is deep. It tickles my autism. And my amygdala.

Name me Western games before 1998 with evil churches. Anyone?

*tips fedora*

so do we have any idea what xenosaga was supposed to be like or what episode 6 of xenogears was supposed to be about?

it was just generic gook rpg story brainstorming without any coherent result, just like nge has no depth besides space aliens are fought off by kids in giant robots

Ep 6 was just going to be the planet's story about how it would deal with the fact that god and the power source of their machines fucked off with the sad elf.

Episode 6 is the Gears world meeting up with whatever remnants of the Saga civilization still exist.

Xenosaga 1-3 covers what Perfect Works considers "Episode 1." Interestingly, Xenosaga 1 was originally meant to end where episode 2 ends, but had to be split in two because of budget and time. The initial trailer for the game shows Jin and Margulis dueling on Old Miltia, something that doesn't happen until well over halfway through the second game.

The entire game was a 7/10.
I thought it felt less like an xeno game than Saga 2.

Fake Deus had great music though.

Yeah, it had best soundtrack in years.

Xenoblade Xs soundtrack is good but i think i prefer chronicles soundtrack.

Both were great but X's soundtrack was harmed by the fact that once you get the mech, you will never ever hear anything but the flying music.

I have a love-hate relationship with Xenoblade X's soundtrack. The themes when you're walking around are amazing, but then you get in a fight and it switches to Black Tar/Uncontrollable. They're shit tracks that grow on you over time, and I'd never let anyone catch me enjoying them.
At least with the original Xenoblade you could say "Hey, check out this game. It has good music" with a straight face.

I never noticed anything truly cringeworthy, and Lin is supposed to be a tank so she should be wearing heavy armour anyway.
Only issue I have with localization is that the Mature voice for females sounds too much like Irina. It's hard to have both in the same team because it sounds like Irina is talking to herself.

One of the things i liked about these games is the cool looking environments. Not just the Xenoblade games that everyone talks about, gears and saga had some pretty cool areas too. They just didn't have the hardware to realize them in the way that Xenoblade did. The first time you stepped into Solaris in Xenogears was amazing.

After all the time and money Nintendo invested into the BotW engine, it's a safe bet that they're going to milk it like Bethesda milked the gamebryo engine.

I actually hated Shion in ep1. In 2 and 3 though hnnnng.

Xenoblade X had a very hit or miss soundtrack. The songs ranged from great, average to 'goddamn, what the fuck was Sawano thinking?!'.

It ranged from "am I listening to the KLK soundtrack?" to "am I listening to the Attack on Titan soundtrack?"

Yeah, that's actually more appropriate; there was little consistency in how Sawano composed the ost as a whole. Also, even though the vocals and lyrics to his songs were shit, I'll admit that I could've tolerated them if Sawano hadn't hired people who spoke english as their 2nd or 3rd language.

I recommend NOT to use CEMU, I've beaten the game and absolutely loved it but it was one of the worst emulator experiences I've had, if you have less than 16GB RAM don't even think of trying, also be prepared to rape your eyes with 1280x720 desktop resolution because CEMU cant resize, as well as restarting game every 20-30 minutes because 16GB not enough for memory leak and run mostly solo after you get the mech because this is the only way to go close to 30FPS, also sound volume all fucked up which wasn't bad because music was background-tier quiet, except that huge piece of shit drinking water that sounded as if it was right next to you, and rare screeching glitch where restart was the best way to fix. Oh, don't forget that you won't be running anything other than emulator because you won't have enough memory for that, unless you want more corrupted textures
I hope it'll get better so everyone would be able to enjoy the game..

I used undub version, minus the chest slider it's all good and even so you can import char file from jap version with modified boobs.

While I prefer dolls it's stupid excuse not to play the game.

Too gud it's the best_ music.

Thanks. Almost 2 years since I played a mainstream game! Being clean feels great.

Im not getting a supercomputer nor am i paying 40-50 dollarydoos for a meme-fucked game.

SEVERE
pacing issues in Xenogears when you get to disc 2. It just loses it's mojo and decides to become a glorified cutscene. By the point the story has become an absolute joke as well.
Still, it's not a bad game and I have fond memories of it. The sprites on 3D is so incredibly well done it's absolutely beautiful and the combat is decent enough. I was obsessed with the OST in my teens but now it doesn't do anything for me at all. Probably listened to it too much.
As for the other games in the series, are you retarded? They're utterly worthless and pathetic.

Why not use your Wii U and undub version from nyaa.se to see for yourself then? Bonus points for modifying boob size via memory address.

Or you know, use it like every company uses an engine they built for reuse.

While the there are a lot of shit tracks it has more good tracks than most other soundtracks. It was fucking retarded to have voiced tracks play in situations where they'd repeat a lot though.

I literally didn't even notice, the fact there's only one track or that the final boss is different, that's how much I pay attention to music.

The combat is the best in the series IMO, although 3 does adequately. The character advancement system is way more fun to use and combat is decently challenging for most of the game without being a huge grind every fight. The story is WAY better in 1, it does a much better job of introducing new threads and weaving the whole plot together. 3 just infodumps and goes on about some new shit out of nowhere.

Xenoblade>Gears disc 1>XCX>Saga EP3>Saga EP1>Gears disc 2>Saga EP2 Prove me wrong.

whats wrong with saga ep2?

I'm angry they changed BB's to Mimiosomes. Both are sci-fi nonsense (of different flavors), but Blue Bloods has both significance to the reveal you're a robot and possibly to the fact that apparently only the richest people got on the Ark ships. The latter is mitigated a bit by the fact that none of BLADE are those types, but whatever.

I'm almost afraid to see what Monlith will do with basically unlimited time and budget to make their bullshit space opera. The fact that they dedicated the first game of their long story based franchise to setting up gameplay and engine stuff also worries me.

Also, one last thing, does anyone know what the hell's going on in embed related?

Would a uncensored xeonsaga with all of it's originally planned content be a decent series?

The English version actually added a better scene with him literally twisting off his head almost on screen with his head twisting badly, and when he cut off his arm with his "clawed" hand it shows his insanity and unrestrained strength.

it's way better then a knife, which they already had a copout shadow filter before.

The bit where he breaks the corpse's arm is unnecessary to establish his character, and only lowers the shock value when he starts self-mutilating.

However the little edits, like when he threw away the body and it cut to her wincing, and the awkward bit with the edited animation with the knife near the face should have been replaced with him lightly stroking MOMO's face. It honestly had a lot of good changes, but dropped the ball just a bit. Artistically, the English version is superior in most ways, but is subtly hindered by certain kinda silly changes in the scene.

The knife honestly makes the guy less threatening, it implies that he thinks he needs it instead of his own strength to deal with a tiny girl.

The battle system was an affront to god that made even standard random encounters take up to 20 minutes because you had to spend so much time stocking attacks to do any real damage.

Not really. The creator and writer of the series left halfway through II's development, so III would still be nothing more than a desperate attempt to tie up loose ends while rehashing previous plot points because the writers didn't know what to do.

Why did the guy leave? What if he came back?

After ff7 they will need something. Why not reboot the series?

I'll admit that Xenosaga was one hell of a go at whatever it was though. The writer and artist of that game had a beautiful boner for Shakespeare and obscure religion.

So does anyone have any hopes for the next Xenoblade? Because it's hard for me to have any hopes but "I hope robots are cool" when the entire impact X had on the plot was "there's something about this planet". I'm honestly not going to be surprised if it turns out X is actually Episode 10 out of who knows how many.

Shit, if the first Xenoblade is really self contained (it's probably not) there are 10 theoretical games, 6 -gears, 3 -sagas (I'm not sure how the fuck I'm supposed to take Kos-Mos heading to Earth like Deus if it wasn't meant to tie into -gears 6), and -blade X.

I don't know any specifics about why he left. All I know is that Takahashi and other core members of the team left halfway through Xenosaga II, and that's why III feels like more of the same. We can ask what if he had come back all day, but there'll never be any way to know for sure.
I have no idea what you mean with "after FF7", though. Square has absolutely nothing to do with Xenosaga. Hell, it's their fault that there ever was a Xenosaga. If they hadn't diverted Xenogears' funding into FF8, Takahashi might not have left to form Monolithsoft. I'm sure SE could try a reboot of Xenogears since they own the IP, but I'm also sure it would be complete shit.

My theory is that Xenoblade X is episode 4 in the grand scheme of things, or it takes place ouside of the timeline pre episode 1.

My theory is executive meddling. Bamco wanted to turn it into their own Final Fantasy and was marketing and rushing the shit out of everything.

X does have similarities to Xenogears Episode 2, insofar as a ship crashes on the planet, but I just realized something. The Samaarians are clearly a reference to Samaria, a name for the Kingdom of Israel. Given Xenosaga's reference to Earth as Lost Jeruselem, we could be dealing with a different kind of eternal recurrence bullshit. Like poetry it rhymes. This is of course is a bullshit theory based on no info because Xenoblade X is full of fucking nothing. You're better off looking at the Secret File artbook for an inkling of what the hell they're planning. Either way, fauna wise this is probably as close as I'll get to Wayne Barlowe's Expedition in game form. Given Xeno-'s religious stuff, maybe his Inferno could fit too, but I haven't read it.

Have you ever read the perfect works? If those words mean what I think they mean, that's EXACTLY what the perfect works implies is happening.

No, I haven't even played any of the Xenosaga games. I just know that was kind of a plot point in Xenosaga and that since the Xeno- series keeps getting reset, it might as well have some sort of implication in the plot of basically all the games. The question would then become what does it mean, if it's happening. We're in game one of a 4 issue mini-series, maybe we'll figure it out by the time we reach game 40.

It's basically bullshit so Takahashi can keep making games in his series without the legal rigamarole of begging the two other companies that owns the two iterations of his franchise. But it basically says: The universe is cyclical, each time it ends it repeats the same event with only details being different, it always plays out the same.

I was playing in emulator on my PC. I don't remember why I stopped maybe a problem or dead hard-disk. Thankfully there is a save file near that place on the internet. Will continue soon.

No, episode 4 is the Sophia vs. Solaris stuff that leads to Grahf. Here's the chart from PW.

Yes and no. In Saga it always plays out the same because Wilhelm is using the Compass of Order to essentially pass notes between loops. After Saga 3, there's no possibly for another loop as Zarathustra has been destroyed.

Wasted. Most people haven't played Xenogears. Story makes perfect sense too but yes it requires thought and reading skills.

There's a reason why Overwatch is popular.

M8, ramsus is just the gazel's attempt on creating a contact. Too bad they kept fucking up and keep making garbage that deserves to be thrown away. Hence why Kahr and Ramsus are two different people.

I stopped playing part way because the mech segments blew ass.

IMPLIED CHU CHU ORGY

THEY CRUCIFIED A GIANT CHU CHU INSTEAD OF THE LITTLE SIZE

RAMSUS NOW HAS A HAREM OF TRASH SLUTS

PEDO PRIEST SUDDENLY BECOMES RED SKULL FOR NO REASON

I loved this game.

No there was a Solarian guy named Kahr Ramsus who was a normal naturally born guy who got his body stolen by the Contact Fetus after it was thrown out.

You are right, I had to bust out my perfect works book to see that they were two different people. Though I guess Khar was a pretty non issue if he got taken out by 10 year old trash. I just wanted a game that showed off the events leading up to the destruction of Elru. I wanted to see how Rico and Hammer met and see ID fuck up the demi-human's shit.

Xenosaga really started dropping the ball, when they revealed that Chu Chu can grow into a giant and fight against mechs Gears. Imagine you are watching NGE(since a lot of people like to compare the game to the show) and the penguin mascot, thingy is revealed to be an angel and Shinji has to fight against it. I don't care what explanation they give(penguins can also be angels, after the third impact things like that just happen, the penguin was a failed genetic experiment), it's still dumb.

Some of the music is great (Primordia overworld theme during the day) but some of it is just trash (monkey grunts when in NLA). Also, why is your link playing the Flintstones theme? Is there some kind of joke/meme I'm not getting?

I guess I really the dropped the ball there. Fuck you, I am tired.

Fair enough, but between the talking rat, the not Blanka character, the guy inflicted by the Cross virus and loves guns, and -drive- the alien that can grow big is what did it?

What can I say I can accept a lot of bullshit, plus the game was filled with all sorts of furry creatures, like the Dolphin second in command and the whatever-that-was captain on Thames, or even on the Yggdrasil, there was another animal type creature, if memory serves right. I admit I haven't finished the game(I just arrived in Solaris), but my theory(I actually managed to play this game, without knowing anything about it) is that there is still some form of space travel, that Solarians have access to, and all those furry creatures are aliens or some shit.
However when the mascot of the series game becomes a giant, and a playable character I do complain(it was ok in Persona 4, because it was all in the TV world).

I guess, what also stuck me as odd, was when the Billy's father entered a Gears like gun and was about to sacrifice himself(which I saw it from a mile), but survived(which I also saw from a mile). Talk about forced drama.

Sooooo… how many games or arcs are left before the franchise is completed?

I can tell you that there is nothing space faring about those guys and the most space you will see is the cutscene in the beginning and the final area of the game, which I would not even call it space. I believe the game tells you where chu chu came from though.
It doesn't matter though since even xenogears fans don't care for Chu Chu, he can die for all the sins he wants. He was just a talking pen pen.

If I am not wrong, when you arrive at Shevat and find all those Chu-Chus, they tell you that they were the original inhabitants on the planet, and then Chu-Chu explains how they all could grow into giants, but the Solarians modified their DNA, but Chu-Chu escaped, thus he can grow into a giant, AND WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY SMOKING?

What if they just removed the limiters on their DNA? :^)

Absolutely incorrect. There is no space travel, that's why they have to revive Deus.

The demi-humans, elves, even kobolds are all human subspecies that were created by Miang and the Gazel's experimentation over the last 12k years.

The story was completed in the first game. Everything else is either fleshing out history (saga) or theme (blade) except that Blade1 takes place during the Zohar connection experiment that sealed off Earth in Saga.

Chu Chu is crucified after the Limiters are removed.

Fuck it, I'll try Xenogears.
Will it be better than any game released this year?

Daily reminder the Immigrant Fleet are literally Jews.

The anwser is fuck yes. Get the 2.0 fan version though, fixed a lot of shit.

Do you even have to ask? Also before asking where to get 2.0, lurk the thread, most spoilers are actually behind the spoiler tag.

Shit, that alone made my day! I bought myself a cheap psp and a 32gb stick. The thought of playing xenogears during my lunch break sounds fucking fantastic already, I can't wait to see what they fixed in the fan version.

Have fun nicoblog.org/psp/xenogears-undub/

Not interesting. See this guy's link.

*Nothing

Hey, its an undub and the little fixes do help in the long run.

(checked)
For anyone that is interested in the patch:

I'll still grab it since it just looks like it's a couple of quality of life tweaks and we get weeb speak for the fmvs instead of the 5 dollar VOs who go "fuck lip syncing".

Well the japanese dub is miles better just for the grunts in battle.

So i'm trying to emulate xenogears and some cutscenes are just a black screen and i can only see dialog. Anyone know how to fix this?

What are you using? If EPSXE, check the special fixes, there should be one for correcting transparencies that appear black.

Japanese controls is kinda shitty since I'm used to X is confirm.

Its the new Grand dad meme.

I personally set X to A on my Microkike/Nintenjew controllers for western Sony releases.

So that's why this image exists.

They're also actually, literally Jews. Shion is descended from the Maiden of Mary Magdalene. Jin is Jesus reincarnated.

Canon btw

Bad voice syncing for dubs isn't the fault of the actor's, it's more whoever the audio engineer is who does the editing for them. Whoever Square had on the localization team for Xenogears in that role really fucked up, I can do a better job syncing things up on my own computer using simple programs a normalfag could figure out. The voicing of the characters from what I've played (so far, gotten a number of hours into it) is serviceable really.

The grunts in battle for the North American version are still the Japanese voices, though they're definitely higher quality than the voices in the cutscenes with the english voices.

Is Sands of Destruction worth a go?

Why is cuckchan still so in love with FF anyway? They even hype up FFXV now.

It's literally just a faggot simulator and FFXV is pure trash in every way.

Just stay there next time.

Trap Cloud is best Cloud

Xenoblade is just Monolith doing a game where they don't use religious symbolism as a crutch and actually come up with their own terminology. XCX is literally a pile of references to their past games that does fuck all in the end. If anything they're consistent in making games full of loose ends and disappointment. Xenoblade is the only game they've made that actually tells the whole story without leaving shit open or filling in gaps with infodumps.

I'm new to JRPG's and I don't really get FF. I"m playing the first ones on a GBA emulator right now and it appears to be a pretty standard medieval fantasy setting with princesses that get kidnapped and shit. OK

Then I see games where it's bunch of robots and cyber shit, takes place either in modern day or the future. Can't tell because I've only seen footage and screenshots

What's going on here? Are there huge time gaps between the games or something? I even remember seeing some Final Fantasy movie when I was 8 years old and they were out in fucking space.

Every Final Fantasy is in a separate universe. The only thing connecting them are the type of money(Gil), summons, spells, some races and monsters(chocobo, moogle). The best, as in the ones most agree one as being good, are 6,7,9 and 12. There are also lots of spin-off games such as Tactics which is a TBS.

thanks user

FF1 and DQ1 seem standard because they established many tropes seen in RPGs today. Random encounters, levelling up, classes and so on.

The GBA version is definitely the best way to play FF1 because it waters down the grind and speeds up the game by a great deal. It's still a fun game, and Dawn of Souls adds a bonus dungeon at the end.

FF2 is a tough sell, because they tried to innovate on the level up mechanic but ended up making a broken game that you can abuse to level up to insane levels early. It still has a thrilling plot with likeable characters, but not on the scale of other, perfected FF games (4,5,6 are the perfected 2D FFs)

Actually, all Final Fantasy Tactics, FF12, and Vagrant Story are all in the same universe.

4 is okay, 5 is great gameplay wise.

6, 7, and 9 are beloved. Also, 10 and even 10-2 have more supporters than 12 which was a single player MMO.

And don't play the GBA ones, go for the PSP versions if you want to play the earlier games.

6 has a few fan patches however that restore music, text, and scenes for the GBA version.

Also there's the SaGa games on DS that have SciFi elements- they were originally released on Gameboy and called Final Fantasy Legend in America.

10 and 7 are in the same one as well, sadly.

It just hides how it is part of the series until after the final boss. Xenoblade takes place after the very first cut-scene of Xenosaga, during the phase transfer experiment using the Zohar that destroyed the Earth. After the world is reformed, Shulk and his party on are Lost Jerusalem.

Huh, I had no idea.

I still don't know if FF Tactics used a time machine or inter-dimensional travel to get Cloud's cameo to happen.

Is that OVA that takes place between Xenosaga episode 2 and 3 worth watching?

Interdimensional travel, which is really common in Ivalice games. It happens in FFT, FFTA2 and 12 has a ton of pocket dimensions lying around due to the Occuria being dicks. The stone that powers the machine that summons Cloud is also Occurian, one of the twenty five Auricite.

Yeah it's another thing that FFX-2 managed to fuck up.

That doesn't exist. The Animation covers episode 1. The stuff in-between 2 and 3 was a browser game.

Play the NES or PS1 versions for the first 3, III's remake has a monster limit of about two in battle, even in the ports. Every remake after the PS1 versions removes the DnD magic system in favor of a casualized magic pool.

It's the dumb Ultimania book they released for X-2, so it's Toriyama wank.

Oh shit, your right. I just never bothered to look that much into it. The Xeno wiki has them uploaded on youtube, but they look like they really are just flash slide shows with an animated clip every now and then.

The only thing that happens in it that actually matters to the plot is Shion quitting Vector after she finds out her dad was part of U-TIC.

Fuck off Nintendrone.

People only like 10 because it's the most anime. 12 is leagues better, just ignore the shitty protagonist.

12 needs to reduce every enemies' HP by a favor of five.

9 is more anime than 10, unless you mean the bad anime dub.

I'm positive Xenogears Undub 2.0 has them.

10 is actually structured like a single season of an anime.

Oh right, the FF 1 updates are shit past PS1.

But what's wrong with FF2 PSP?

And I don't recall the monster limit, but FF3 and its remake are a bit different anyway from FF3 NES. Plus the remake version of FF3 is either pointlessly difficult or absurdly broken depending on job arrangement and job levels gained. You can gain one job level per battle as long as enough turns pass.

FF3 Remake and FF4 PSP versions are definitive releases compared to the others.

And as for FF6 Advance: romhacking.net/games/819/

Nothing, at least nothing that isn't wrong with FF2 inherently.

That's because it is an accurate remake.

I only mean because of how job levelling works. It's one very strange and broken piece.

I meant in general. I hate X and haven't played X-2 yet. Tidus just ruins it for me. But it has a nice party.

Other than Balthier, Fran and Penello's ass- XII has a weak cast. Gilgamesh and the fishing quest were kinda neat. Some nice areas, though I found it too easy to get over levelled so there wasn't much challenge.

And eventually you just hit a point where you leave it on 24 hours using gambits to do the level 99 grind.

And the ending sucked. X I hear at least has an ending.

>Tidus just ruins it for me.
That's intentional user.

In relation to your second part, I was convinced Vayne would join the party in FF12 until the final boss fight.

Oh right, 2 uses the magic pool first. Whoops.

Really don't understand the hate for Tidus. I found him pretty likable and fairly relateable when I first played the game as a wee babby since I also had daddy issues at the time. Even on replay nearly a decade later, I found him quite believable and well-written.

Don't bully Tidus. He's a good character and his HA HA HA flanderization is vastly overstated.

Daily reminder that he did nothing wrong.

His personality and voice actor kinda get on my nerves. I hear he inevitably redeems himself. But he's bland compared to the rest of the cast.

Once again, that's intentional. He's a modern fish out of water who was transported to a totally foreign theocracy. It's what they meant to do with the autistic slut from FF13, but they cucked her for Rightning.

I don't know, I think "Now and Then, Here and There" provided a better example of a real fish out of water story.

By nothing you mean everything.

I don't really think so, considering that Margulis was actually in the right the entire time.