Dark Messiah, Magic and Might

So I just finished this game and had fun the entire play through. Whats the general thought on this game and is there any good fps rpg like it?

Also Dark Messiah thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uRveIjjpO0I?t=19m15s
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
youtube.com/user/IfritKajiTora/videos
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=739039320
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why aren't games this fun anymore?

Oh shit, i meant fp, not fps

Because you can make them shit and they still make money.

An unpolished gem of game that manages to be one hell of an ambitious ride, the last good Arkane game and the last good Might and Magic game by name only.
Its extremely different, but Arx Fatalis is done by the same company and its pretty much that.
Might and Magic 6 is also an option but pretty dated and without the modern combat.

Dark Messiah is a pretty unique game OP

See:
Dishonored 2

Good concept and ideas, but ended up getting way too easy towards the end. I liked the feeling of being outnumbered and desperate in the beginning, having to run around throwing shit and sneaking in attacks before retreating. By the end you become master powercock with the lightning shield and fire sword and it's not at all challenging anymore. And of course, once you realize how OP fire/spikes/pitfalls are, you'll just kick everyone and not give a shit about combat. Needed more enemy variety IMO.

Really a hidden gem. I actually tried replaying it earlier, and found a few secrets I missed. Another gripe I had was it had a LOT of problems from its time period, also The thief gets pretty fucking gimped in it (has like 4 feats, and burglary is useless) but still blows rogues in most RPGs out of the water with the environmental kills.

or dishonored 1

ever tried might and magic series, or wizardry? might be up your alley
demon best waifu

I could have sworn I typed "I found the cut scenes really tedious though" before "another gripe", guess not.

I dont like this feeling welling up inside my stomach.

The first one was mediocre but at least it was an original Ip that did its own thing.
Dishonored 2 is just the same fucking game with shittons of reussed assets, SJW tier bullshit and performance issues up the ass on all platforms.

Quality Bethesda publishing

You think thats bad?
I'm a System Shock fan

And bethesda owns Arkane, meaning they will never make a good video game again.

The fuck is with constant captcha now?

8ch is being spammed.

I don't pay for Holla Forums Platinum to have to deal with this sort of bullshit.

Did you also donate to Next? :^)

You think thats bad?
try being rts fan

I really disliked dishonored

World in Conflict
inb4 RTT

Its an enjoyable power fantasy that gives you options.
Thats about it

I hated DMoMM when it came out. I bought it at launch. The game was fucking buggy as shit and unoptimised as hell. It's not so bad now with a few patches under its belt and PC specs are much higher that the shit optimisation isn't as noticable, but it had a pretty rough launch.
That aside, some of the game is really fun, in fact most of it, but some parts were just rubbish. And IIRC the final boss involved climbing on ropes and shit and they always fucking glitched on me and made me rage so hard.

nigger world in conflict was almost decade ago

What kind of shit PC do you have that can't handle a Source game?

also
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

After about 10 minutes of me trying to figure out on how to use the ropes on the final boss i just said fuck it and i took out my shield and hit the dragon with my enchanted dragon big dick sword every time it got near. It worked out pretty well.

Faggot, I was talking about the game *at launch*, not now. It ran like shit at launch and still woudl today if you were playing it on hardware from that year. Modern hardware brute forces its way past the shit optimisation though. l2readingcomprehension

If you're crouched they almost never attack.

No faggot, I was just telling you that I was an RTS/RTT fan and that WiC will never see a sequel and considering Massive and Ubisoft nowadays lets hope it does not

-Ashes of the Singularity
-Wargame
-Petroglyph Pixel series
Thats all I can find nowadays
Even 4X gets more games than RTS nowadays.

but you can simply wreck his shit just by shooting him with that holly/dragonbone bow you get for purging best girl out of you
two or three hits and dragon is dead

is the problem with
or
or both?

btw i purge her only because of the weapons you get out of it and its usefulness against undead enemies which are the 99% of enemies you fight till the end of the game

Cumsluts before loot.

I'd respond but this captcha shit makes it too annoying to bother.

Xana obviously doesn´t like you and is only using you to physically enter the mortal realm. Same goes for the wizard chick who is a power hungry slut. Best choice is to purge demon whore, then release your dad and rule the world together.

So many of the sections stick out really strongly in my mind

Fuck, I need to reinstall this.

I always got the feeling that both of them were using me.

pic related, its how i felt the rest of the game when i learned that i was the dark messiah

Now play Arx Fatalis, an earlier game made by the same devs.
I'm legit stuck on it with that puzzle in the crypt. I told my self I'm not looking up guides to beat this game, 8 months later haven't played the game.

The first one lacked any sense when it came to those powers. Made the game too fucking easy.

And the 1 on 1 with the orc boss turns into a 6 on 1 if you decide to use magic. Otherwise they're just free targets for after the fight.

Come to think of it, are there any really good mods? Maybe some kind of map making tool?

They released the SDK
They unfortunately came too late, most of the community was gone by then

Great game with some flaws. Gonna go back to it soon and do another stealth run.

Yeah, wtf. I capitulated and got "Sanctuary" (god mode spell) early to progress there. Fucked up my build plans.

Maybe a patch changed the AI of those things and they forgot to playtest this particular area with the new settings? The other part where you're in a cenot with rising water and you have to fight wave after wave of these things on a wooden platform (instant death if you fall off for some fucked up reason) is also ASS. These facehuggers were just out of place. It's blatantly obvious that they reskinned the manhacks from HL2, their mistake was giving them a decent health pool. Little flying creatures should be squishy. Like manhacks are. HL2 got it right, Arkane fucked up the formula and basically ruined the top difficulty of their game with them. I don't believe you can even finish the game without Sanctuary, with these fuckers around.

The other might and magic games are dungeon crawlers and TBS games. So I really fail to see what you're talking about, it's the only Might and Magic game I'm aware of that is an action game like this.

why even live

Mandatory webm for all Dark Messiah threads.

I predict that kicking will make its comeback another 5 to 10 years from now.

Gameplay mechanics always come in generational waves. Example: 80s style sidescrollers had their revival recently, arena shooters are about to make a comeback etc.

So, FEAR and Dark Messiah came out in 2005 and 2006 respectively and in both kicking was a really fun, spectacular way to kill things. When people who played those games as young-late teens and had their view on FPS formed by these games enter full time dev jobs (should be anywhere between soon and 10 years from now) we will see kicking in FPS again, in a big way.

capitalism has always been about profit lad, not quality. The vidya industry has to completely crash in order for anything of quality to come out again from major publishers.

What are you doing man

In Dying Light you can kick zombies of buildings and other tall places, so there's that at least.

Dying Light derives from Mirror's Edge which also had kicking in 2008. I'd say that's an off-shoot of the original trend.

I'd like it if someone could point out a first person game before FEAR with kicking.

The chance to back stab the last boss was too much to pass up. I even went full retard and tried sneaking up on him from the scaffolding to the side of the room and got myself stuck up there, had to go back down the way I came.

This was a good game.

i-is that the whole game

Those are the game's locations in chronological order, actually.

Was there ever a mod finished that added the extra console content to the PC version of the game?

Man I fucking love this game. This is the only goddamn game where I can kick the final boss to death.

Also, guys, if you are thinking of replaying this game, try playing pure wizard. You are not allowed to use any weapons except your spells, boots and environment. It's the most fun I've had in a long time, and I barely enjoy videogames nowadays.

Not on hardest difficulty though, right?

I'm 90% sure you can kick that faggot to death

I wish someone would make an open world RPG out of it. Why Bethesda never asked Arkane to actually work on the gameplay of their games is beyond me.

Never mention that name around here again. He's dead to me.

Gearbox is aids

I really hate that after this they made yet another boring stealth game where you are penalized for using any abilities that are fun.

Maybe if King's Field comes back we can see something like this again.

Its too late for that now, and if it did happen it will basically be skyrim.

One can wish though.

I think the recommended difficulty level was on hard. I can't remember exactly, I think the user recommended to play on hard difficulty if you were going to do that. If you tried it on the hardest difficulty it was going to be straight up some complete and utter bullshit at the times.

Hardest difficulty basically requires you to cheese the shit out of the game. Orcs can straight one hit you, and those floating shits are a nightmare.

How does this even happen? I mean, he must be a pretty good programmer when he made all these games back in the day with such limited tech, couldn't he get a job at a real software company? I'd rather do boring office software than Free2Pay ripoff shit.

I imagine he's getting crowded out of the IT industry because they keep hiring minorities and women and telling white guys to make room.

It's a lie when they tell you STEM is a surefire way to get a well paying job.

Creating Skinner boxes for normalfags is where the money is user

Who even says that? Still it is a way to get a high paying job that isnt shit like modern art or incredibly hard and rare to get

All the big employers of STEM degree holders :^)

It's cheaper to hire a ton of H1B workers to pump out shitty code

Depends on the product. If you're just going for fire and forget, maybe. If you need to maintain a software base it's more expensive in the long term having a bunch of pajeets smear poop everywhere.

This is especially true in the IT industry
Those in the Science industry aren't getting it so bad, except for the fact that it is already worse than the IT industry

The execs and managers who hire a bunch of incompetent retards aren't gonna be around when the project goes to crap.

This, they take credit for reducing labor costs, but aren't around for when the big projects mess up in the long run

It looks like this thread is devolving into the harsh realities of STEM life

As says, the CEO can either go with the good code plan that is better long-term, or really cheap code that can work for this quarter and gets him a huge bonus. Guess which one he'll choose. Then he gets a few good programmers to keep things afloat for another quarter or two and jumps ship. The only companies that think long-term are those which have one owner. Once they issue stock they stay afloat out of sheer strength, not because of good decisions.

I am thoroughly disgusted to be sharing a board with you retards. Dark Messiah is really not that tough.

The hardest mode means you die in two hits. It's one of the shittiest difficulty sliders I've ever seen in a game.

Thats weird, I could've sworn that i had at least 3 hitting me at once
Maybe its because i had common sense And tried to run outside the corridor the moment i daw them…
Also the Raft sequence is only difficult for people who have no idea what they're doing

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

I don't think I'm the one you should be asking that too

Fug. Do you think a group of autist will gather together some day and just pump out some fun mods/maps?

Maybe some Holla Forumsirgins?

I'm gonna need sauce on that. It's the only multiplayer genre I actually like.

Shove it up your ass.

BAZINGA

pic related

You can instantly kill them with a freeze spell. Gravity is a bitch.

The spiders, giant worm, and ghouls are far worse.

UT4 and Quake Champions probably, along with smaller releases such as Reflex and Toxikkk

>>>/agdg/

Toxikk was absolute garbage though

it was alright

But which of those are any good and do they have a sizable playerbase?

Quake Champions is the turning point. Recently it was leaked that it will be a FULL PRICE game. A full price game published by Bethesda = full blown marketing campaign.

The reason arena FPS has failed to make a comeback sooner is that no big company has put top dollar into advertising an arena FPS since 2005. But two things happened. First, the manager class in video games all believed console gaming would be the future and PC gaming would die. Instead consoles are stagnating and PC gaming kept growing with no sign of stopping, it just grows at a steadier rate. It's the long-term winner, consoles are short-term gold rushes. So investing in PC gaming is gaining momentum again. Secondly, they all bet on COD4 clones since 2007. Overwatch proves that there's major appeal to non-"realistic" FPS with ridiculous characters and moves including air control.

QC is going to get arena FPS back on the map again. In turn, Epic or rather Epic's owners are going to see that and likewise start investing more into UT so it can be a real game with a budget and marketing behind it. Suddenly you have two major arena FPS at least one of which should be profitable and the rest is predictable. Every publisher will take at least one stab at the genre.

that read like an esr post

Nice bait

It could. Died for the same reason as arena FPS (genre doesn't work on consoles). Now you're just waiting for one big company to try its luck.

I go on esr maybe once a month, don't have an account, in case you thought you recognized me.

If you want to be extremely precise about it you can say it's going to get arena FPS with hero shooter shit features on the map. But as I said, UT will follow suit and while they may fuck up in other ways they're certainly not going to add "heroes". So there's going to be a major arena FPS with no "modern" additives save for hats and other cosmetic shit.

I know that Dark Souls 3 had good fps, ran pretty stable on my machine.

Yes I know what you fucking meant, just type out First Person you mongoloid instead of asking for a First Person Shooter RPG.

Where did I imply this?

Doing that fight with the ice spell is pretty fun, though a little cheap.

Actually, slipping in general is fun

Charm can be a bit of fun too

Right after the long ass cinematorial I realized my mistake in choosing the hardest difficulty. Beating a guy over the head many times is fun but not when there are 5 chasing you and each have more health than you do. I took a break from dark souls 3 to play this and it turns out to be even worse. Now I have to start all over again because the developers didn't include mid game difficulty adjusting thats in every other source game. Not liking it so far.

Have you tried to sneak and use the many different environmental advantages the game gives you?

What are you playing as?
Because both magic and melee are easy as fuck no matter what the difficulty
The only play style that offers any difficulty is stealth
Although early game Melee is easiest

-Great game albeit unpolished
-Xana a best

You funny guy, I kill you last.

I need to do a stealth playthrough next. Dark Messiah is one of the few games that caters to a stealth playstyle with the environmental traps everywhere.

Redpill me on the combat system please. I watched some guy on youtube and he did things I thought weren't possible in Dark Messiah. How do those crazy combos work and how can you jump continually with your daggers out?

Go the fuck to reddit.

NO!

Why. This was easily the best part of the game because you could literally just do whatever the fuck, but they fucked it up.

That would be too artificial and game-ey. Think about the area and context, it's the ruined side of the island, the orcs don't have much priority for securing this area.

I wish they had any kind of difficulty mode.

It's just so fucking easy. Maybe I should actually do playthrough as pure rogue, because that is the only one i haven't done yet.

But yeah. Triple the enemy amount please. Make some enemies elites, like that one unique orc who wants to duel you. Do that to necromancers, black guards too.

Also does anyone else feel like they wanted to do more with the starting city? I am reminded of my second playthrough where I searched through every little secret in the city and found a really high amount of secret areas. Much higher than I would have expected.

It really fealt like they wanted to do more with that. Almost like it may have been some city hub or the devs started to create a comfy almost hub like area and ran out of time later and therefore it's disproportionally developed.

I don't really think that justifies it at all, especially when considering half the traps in the section we're talking about literally serve no purpose other than to be traps. Like a strung up coffin that's just hanging in the air for no other reason than to be cut and destroy the platform. Or wood logs tied together and set up to start swinging for no real reason (why is there even a 2nd rope that it swings on when you cut the first one)

And we're talking about DMMAM. I could name 5 things off the top of my head that are artificial and gamey.

I didn't really like the starting city, just because it felt streamlined and forced when you first enter it. All my playthroughs where rogues and it's still really easy, but it still blows a good amount of the other first person stealth games I've played out of the water.

I wish there was the odd bandit here or there. That would have been sweet.

Using just melee and my hits aren't doing shit. It's like my weapons are made of cardboard.

iirc that long ass jumping is an exploit of sorts that abuses the physics of the source engine, you should be able to find a video tutorial just searching proper keywords.
The 'doing things I thought weren't possible' just means that the combat system is so well designed that a properly skilled player might find many ways to employ the tools provided and combine/switch between them in a seamless, non-scripted manner.
Basically, the combat is already good the first time around, but shines even more with the experience of multiple playthroughs.

You gotta look for secrets. There are tons of weapon upgrades, and +2 vs +6 is like the difference between 10 and 2 shotting enemies.

The difficulty modes affect damage numbers only. Normal is actually normal, not code for easy. The harder difficulties are pretty bad since they rule out most of the interesting stuff because you'll die in two hits.

Most games aren't this believable.

Yeah but you can oneshot the majority of enemies by pressing R.

Normal is mid game difficulty, when people say older games are hard this is what they mean.

wait!

There were different difficulty modes?

Yes, there are different difficulty settings to play the game.

then I always played on the hardest

my conclusion is therefore that it was not hard enough

You can't really expect me to believe you've actually played the game if you didn't even know there were difficulty settings to choose from. If you didn't know and just went with the default then you're playing on Normal. On the hardest difficulty Orcs will one-two shot you easy.

He didn't. Check his ID, he's the redditor who asked to be "redpilled" on the combat of the game.

I remember a thread on halfchan in 2011 where we briefly got excited that Arkane might lend a hand to the combat for Skyrim. I would have probably played it for more than ten hours if that had turned out to be true. Those were better, more hopeful days.

Mate. I play every single game on the hardest difficulty.

Last time I played Dark Messiah was 2 years ago.

It obviously wasn't hard enough for me, I expected much more. And no, Orcs never once killed me, except once when one made me throw myself off a cliff. (It gets really spoopy when you are picked up, but they just throw you back instead off a cliff).

I gotta admit, the demon form spoiled me a bit. It's highly effective against anything, but Ghouls. The latter are a bit too fast in movement and attack for demon form to be as effective.

By Kha-Beleth, please don't bully.

Everything about your post, from your wording to your formatting screams reddit.
Stop posting and lurk until you can fit in.

Dude Duke Nukem had kick

Yeah it has kicking mate, but did it have Ragdoll Physics™?

Yeah, you played Dark messiah on the easiest difficulty setting and didn't even know it.

i wish it were longer and you didnt have to kill one girl or the other. why is there no harem ending?

as for other games like it, have you played the darkness? i only played the darkness 2 but it was pretty fun and had a similar skill tree system if i remember correctly

You might need to upgrade your cucumber to a potato so it can run the game.

STEMfag here, that's mainly in the US but not really. It's significantly harder on the technical side to make a game, so the guy no matter how good he is is probably getting replaced by some transnigger who just got out of highschool and charges a tenth of what he does and fullfills shitty quotas

The game ran smoothly at 60fps with my 750 Ti in Wine before this level. Yes, I'm using the proprietary drivers.

Do you even use a staff mate? Use staff for large groups of enemies and a sword for single enemies, you will eventually find better weapons that will help you deal with them quicker. Also kick them and use environment to your advantage.

No, because I am just that good.

I only once or maybe twice saw an orc pick me up ever. The combat system is really a lot about momentum.

I am considering unbinding the kick button for my next playthrough.

No, I didn't. The first thing I do with every game is go through the options menu. I of course picked highest difficulty, but I am obviously still frustrated with it. It should be harder.

See what that user said:

Later regions are quite devoid of enemies.

Ebin. I feel like reinstalling it tbh.

you

Kill yourself.

fuck you, bully

What he meant it 'it was the last good Might and Magic game even if it was a Might and Magic game in name only'. More or less exactly what you're talking about.

i'd say having a huge epeen is part of the fun towards the end but yeah it should've been harder

You think that's bad? I'm a racing game fan
We stopped getting racing games, and good racing games much earlier any other genre

you faggots deserved it
racing games a shit
==A SHIT==

Everytime

y bully tho?

whats all this sea salt about? is it because you always end up in splast place?

The truth is not bullying, become an hero and make the world a better place.

Can anyone post some compilation of what was added in Elements?

I know there was some sort of portal in the banket or something like that. I'd like to know what I am missing out on.

Does anyone ever use the demon abilities outside of where you just need them? I always forget until I either get rid of Xana or finish the game.
Also, is the ballista in the second paokai fight a honeypot?

Same, I only used the power until i got my bag back. The only place i can think that the demon form would be useful is during the part with the giant worm.

I use it all the time. I think demonform is very very effective, except for ghouls, because since I play on the hardest difficulty, they are very fast and hard hitting.

Underhell had kicking, too. Only video I found.

Actually, this is better.
youtu.be/uRveIjjpO0I?t=19m15s

They will never make chapter 2 but instead making a shitty e-sports version of Insurgency.

Holla Forums loves it but lacks the critical faculties to criticize a PC game.

Enemies of all types are all built like tanks on high difficulty modes, making combat either a pattern of find the bottomless pit or spike trap and kick them into it by any means necessary, or endlessly wail on one enemy at a time.
Enemies also have a very generous attack range that far extends their animation length, artificially making them more difficult.
Some areas are so incredibly poorly designed that your framerate will always be in the single digits thanks to the devs incompetence with the source engine and failing to build things correctly around vvis.

It's mindless fun, but in order to get the most enjoyment out of it, you need to cripple your difficulty setting so the game actually doesn't become a chore - but then it'll be terribly easy, but hey it is a half-finished game. Over-praised to the point of no return tho. first person combat is pretty shite.

Learn to read the fucking thread before you make such sweeping statements, faggot.

never had such problems

git gud

nah, you just shouldn't stand there like a retard and eat every attack

I agree some are poorly designed. The game was smooth for me though. But the later orc areas, like this one

seem really rushed

Completly disagree. Hardest difficulty is too easy for me. I wish they added more enemies to it. I want to fight 3 cyclops at once at the end in the crypt.

You are just a noob, who can't git gud. I bet you don't see how awesome the demon form is either. (It's pretty OP).

Also the combat system is pretty in depth, because there are combos I didn't even know about, before I watched some expert player play them on youtube.

Just started this game last night.
Worst voice acting ever.
And I've played

hur dur the voice acting sucks

FUCK YOU!

Stop hating my favourite game. ;_; It hurts.

In all fairness the AI attack range is a exaggerated. I remember some instances where I dodged to a point where I'm perpendicular to an enemy with a short sword but it would still register a hit on me.

AI's buggy as hell, anyway. Sometimes in the middle of combat they'll run away shouting, "STOP HIDING AND SHOW YOURSELF"

Relax, nigger. I don't care about the voice acting, it just makes me cringe every time I hear it.

You don't. If you don't kill witchbitch and just run directly past her, she won't be able to follow you into the tombs. When you reach either Xana ending- joining Satandad or betraying Satandad- she'll show up to dramatically shout 'NO' and get her ass thrown against a pillar by magical shockwaves if I recall.

Don't know why you'd want either of them, frankly, with the exception of if you note exterior Might & Magic VI material on Xana which makes her true blue waifu tier instead of a somewhat psychotic better girl than overly bland escort quest worst girl.

They probably figured players would know how to kite.

That's the ending for if you purged Xana and then join your dad.

I'm almost positive that there's a spliced version that can be gotten by running past Leana without killing her and having Xana in your head, meaning the former gets a broken back and the latter spaghettis out as you ignore her sedition and conquer the world with pappy, as in the respective segments of the live Leana/purged Xana and ded Leana/live Xana bad endings. Maybe I should play through the game again and see.

Theres only 4 endings, Purging Xana and Betraying/freeing your father and Not purging Xana and betraying/Freeing your father
Running past leanna does not change the ending, I know because thats what i did which made me miss out on some skill points
Still I ended up casting adrenaline Weakness on her and made her tiny which didnt count as killing her
TINY LEANNA A CUTE!
A CUTE!!!

he's not supposed to live

But user there are no Heroes of Might and Magic games beyond 5. D:

This
I've never heard of any past 5 either
Are you sure you aren't mistaking kings bounty for a sequel of something?

He can live if you take several attacks meant for him, Shoot ice on the ground and kick him
Its difficult because he pretty much dies in one hit, but still possible

Alright, I guess I'm full of shit then, sorry.

Except when you need to get more of a read on Xana's character than 'is a slut for the PC' and 'hates Leana,' at which point it suddenly exists and some flavor text is relevant. Of course, the flavor text and her original character & actor are rather at odds, so acknowledging or not acknowledging it is at your discretion.

How bad was M&M VI anyways? Never touched it, and I only ever played V, leaving me very irritated on missing out on the original IP with all of the magic being space age reality manipulation and the demons being aliens with rayguns.

Oh, he definitely CAN live. I saved him my first time through. I just think the developers intended his death to be an "oh shit" moment since there's no special dialogue and his pathing freaks the fuck out since he only exists in combat even once the enemies are killed.

Is that an aborted fetus?

I have no idea

does it let you past the gate if you shrink her? or by not counting as killing her did you mean you still had to finish her off?

why do all your squiddies have booru tags?

does it let you past the gate if you shrink her?
You can get past the gate regardless of killing her or not
Did they patch that in in one of the unofficial patches or something?

I still had to kill her, The quest remained in my quest log, i just didn't do it

Because I'm too lazy ro put my squid images into different folder from my reaction pics

Goblins are the worst offenders for ridiculous attack range. Manlets can't hit as far as real humans, it's nature. Then again, it isn't hard to dodge any attacks regardless of an enemies perceived range.

Has any of you anons every play the multiplayer of this back in the day ? i got this dark messiah like back in 2009 and it was already dead, just wondering if it was fun or not.

at least i got an invite to mirage: arcane warfare, expecting it to be a bit like this
it doesn't, how do i know despite the fact i never played dark messiah MP?
it feels more like overwatch

Anyone know where to use the spider key? I opened the doors where the healing fountains are but apparently there's a few near the cyclops?

Also is the endless quiver just useless? Or does ammo only apply to special bows?

Oh ok ok

I dont understand, I'm pretty sure the ammo is for all bows, although i never did finish my archer play through

How's this a matter of getting good you stupid chink? Swing twenty times with the strongest thing you're carrying, then desperately find something to adrenaline-decapitate so you can save a few mouseclicks. being content with this doesn't make you a better player.

Fun but unbalanced. Some of the later areas range from very cheap and easy (just kick enemies to death) to very cheap and unfair (Orcs that instantly kill you with unavoidable shield bashes). I played on the highest difficulty and am not ashamed to admit that I had to cheat exactly one time.

No spoilers, but you fight an Orc Warlord at one point in the game, and he repeatedly kicked my ass despite me being as upgraded as possible at that point.

Still, a classic Source game and a game I enjoyed. Frustrating but fun.

Is there a way to make it not spazz out when alt tabbing? Im using windows borderless fullscreen and it barely works

This game is 50% better with head bobbing and 200% better with head bobbing AND spamming q and t at all times.

Prove me wrong.

God, user. Get some good.

Have you ever tried to kill a full room of guys with nothing but traps? Have you never bothered to git gud at actually killing enemies in only a couple blows? You're going to be using all the traps available, and you're going to git gud at actually killing enemies with only a few blows instead of pointlessly wailing on them 20+ times with Hard Strikes to activate an adrenaline mode (hint: it's called throwing crates at them, and kicking them into traps). Yes it is doable, and yes there is stuff on youtube showing you this stuff in action.

git gud

I kited him to the entrance where there are very low stairs and repeatedly kicked him down these to make him fall over.
Motherfucker took like 7 impales before dying. I really doubt if the hard mode was playtested at all, because of shit like this. Playing on hard mode (which I chose for my first playthrough) is a huge cheesefest where you just kite enemies towards ledges or spike racks because otherwise an average playthrough would take longer than production of The Last Guardian.
Maybe it encourages creative play but it's really tedious at times.

Way of the Wizard is the only Way.

So have you stood loyal to xana all those years user? You know she's doing it for you, right?

GIT GUD

daily reminder
At least Anthony Burch isn't one of them

rest in peace arkane ;_;

Aside from the first sentence, what does the last half of your post have anything to do with what I said? Did you forget to link the person you where talking to?

listen to what this smart user has to say

some guy here is obsessed with saying that I played on the easiest difficutly

user its not just one guy
your actions posts define you as someone trying to cover up the fact you played on easy and didnt even know it

fug, shoud've been

No, I always play on hardest difficulty, you fucking nigger.

I played through Dark Messiah like 5 times already.

As I said, I just don't remember it clearly, because I always played it on hardest, so I dont have much memory in interacting with the difficulty slider.

fuck you

I want to get hit by xana as she pegs me

with her tail

You get a pass this time

not more than a single finger though, I don't think I would enjoy anything more than that

Just barely acceptable

But i'm not the only one who wants to get beaten by a semen demon right?

Not at all lad.

Yes, actually. I find it cheapens all weapons to the point of uselessness and turns the whole game into boring AI exploitation. There was this one point near the start of the game that I couldn't get past until I just kicked the soldiers down the same flight of stairs over and over.

GIT
GUD

I ended up just picking up boxes and barrels around and throwing them at the soldiers
I went pure archer so all weapons i used were shit
people like to think melee is op but magic is literally game breaking
take for instance mana drain staff + sanctuary makes you literally immortal regardless of difficulty

Offensive magic is trash, though, aside from TK (which is an instant kill against most non-undead if you TK the right items) which is what people generally mean when they say the magic is shit. They want to zap a motherfucker, not hit him with a staff.

Ammo was never a problem I mean, and I never saw a arrrow counter or icon anywhere.

If you dont get the endless quiver and dont get the best bows early game your fucked
Thankfully only people who play "rogue" act like than and even then they dont focus on archery nearly enough

the game isn't hard, but it is pretty tedious unless you cheap ass your kills. Stop pretending it's a remotely deep or challenging game, it just makes you look like you're awful at video games in general.

By the time I unlocked them, I was almost exclusively using charm, slippy iceattack, and fireball. I felt awesome charming a vampire knight, helping him kill everyone else, then freezing and blasting him before he reverted. I thought the lightning attack was pretty useful against goblins since it made them panic.

I did discover sanctuary during the final boss after getting my shit kicked in too much.

Stop posting you Reddit nigger.

I am not gay, I am just bicurious

There is nothing gay about being pegged by a demonette. But being from Reddit, now that's degenerate.

I don't want to get pegged.

I am just fine with one finger and nothing more.

It's a miscarriage/stillborn. Abortions usually result in the fetus getting mutilated.

wtf>>11481242

Jesus, Arkane's history is pretty sad.

But user she's a literal semen demon who will do anything you ask, has a perfect body and really likes you.
Why wouldn't you want to have your ass rammed by her tail?

2 "awesome" games lol

You wouldn't love your crispy daughter?

Dressing up your fetus is horror movie type of shit.

How the fuck can a person post that on social media?

This was fake, right?

As I said, not more than a finger. I am willing to try some things, but I am not gay.

I have to set some boundaries, because I am already bicurious. I don't want anyone to mistake me for a bi/gay guy who would ever consider sucking a dick or bottoming.

Honestly me wanting to pound some twink boipussy doesn't make me gay in the slightest imo.

Pure pottery.

nah, twinks, not men

Faggot

go back to Holla Forums with your shitty logic

Stop being a faggot

I like women and for the same reason as to why I like women, I also like twinks.

There is nothing gay about being dominant and pounding boypussy.

I would never ever suck someone's dick or have a dick in my bum. Neither do I ever want to get pegged.

That makes me more straight, than a lot of straight people.

Go be a faggot somewhere else.

Are you a twink, user? If not then there is nothing to be scared of … or excited about. ;)

>>>/cuteboys/

Faggots get thrown in the bog.

AMD Phenom II 3 core 3ghz
Radeon 7870 2GB
12GB DDR3

Medium settings 1080p, never drops below 40 fps, often above 60. No stuttering. It surprised me considering how crap my cpu is.

It should run much better, there are some settings you can chance (since it's source) to improve multithreading which aren't enabled by default. you should look them up on google

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

Go advertise your game somewhere else.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

fairly sure i just let the game do my stats if that was an option. was ages ago i made the guy, decided to play again since nwn2 campaign is so boring, then remembered why i quit

not entirely sure where i am or what im doing. should prolly just start over and beeline for allies

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

krosmaga is better.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

One job

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Persona 4 Golden?

kek

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

He's ugly as sin. He should really stay out of the camera.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Loomis is an intro to anatomy. Williams is the animation guide.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

i'm not a weeb/waifufag

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

AAA tomorrow is all but confirmed

Keep crying.

Fuck off you autistic little faggot

still the best GTA game

user stop it with the mental gymnastics you're just embarrassing yourself.

It's not gay to want to fuck something feminine though.

this user is right

What defines an alpha male sexually? Dominantely fucking others.

This meme just comes from scared little twinks who haven't accepted that they are gay.

t.someone who hasn't accepted that he is gay

This post reeks of "I've never actually went out with a girl before."

Why haven't you accepted the fact you're just fucking gay user?

I have accepted that I am bicurious. I hesitate to say bisexual, because there are different stigmas both from gay and normalfags. Especially because people might think that I am someone who wants to suck dicks or get taken from the back. I don't want anyone to think that.

So that's why bicurious, which tbh isn't a perfect term either, because a lot of "straight" people had a one off gay encounter, where they sucked dick or took it up the ass and discovered they didn't like it. Which is funny if you think about it that. They first try out being gay and instead of fucking some /cuteboy/ they rather be the one to get fucked in the ass.

I don't know how you can go back to being straight when you have even fantasized about that, but hey, that's their thing.

True. I guess I will have to practice on some cuteboy before moving on to girls. Or maybe I'll stay with one. Who knows.

The faggot doth protest too much, methinks.

No. Of course not.

I am just saying that I read some posts of "straight" people, who had a gay encounter in the past, but instead of you know … doing something that you might expect from a straight guy and being top, they actually sucked dick and were the bottom.

I mean if those people call themselves straight, I don't want to be mistaken for people like that.

What am I supposed to say then? I don't think this is a tumblr meme.

Should I just say I'd fuck anything that's cute?

just get your ass penetrated by a demonic tail you queer

there are no demonic tails in real life

As I said, my hard border is a finger in my ass nothing more. It's not like I would actively seek out anyone to do that for me either.
It's just a theoretical hard limit I can think of.

Imo my sexuality is more alpha than some straight numales getting pegged by their gfs. Being submissive in such a way to a woman is beyond being gay tbh.

user…

So other men aren't enough? You want to expand to animals and kids? Should we call the police?

TRAPLOVERS GO AWAY
>>>/cuteboys/

why would anybody take the opinion of a faggot who has a nigger fetish seriously in regards to anything?

Yup. Cock has absolutely no relation to my sexuality. Except in the case of trannies who got the chop, because that kind of genital mutilation and whatever replaces me is disgusting, frightening and cringy.

There is a difference between something being sexually cute and just heartwarming cute.

I never wanted to fuck my pet bunny for example. I guess you know that and are just trolling. Otherwise everyone who calls his/her SO "baby" is an extreme pedophile.

Curiously I don't really like trannies. Femboys yes definetly, but most trannies who weren't androgynous before transitioning, look weird to me.

I guess I like traps the most who look boyish or otherwise androgynous.

It's a pity that not more of them are okay with not passing and just embrace femboy/cute boy mode, because they look so much cuter if they embraced androginity.

Yeah dude, you sound like a real straight arrow.

does that include reverse traps?

Never said anything about women, idiot.

And have you seen trannies who got the chop? If some webms I have seen posted that showed a penis getting turned into a nu-vagina wasn't disgusting enough and mentally scared me from ever wanting to do with anyone who has a nu-vagina in real life, then the pics of those axe wounds and fucked up stories of people actually putting their penis in there and describing the smell was surely enough to give me a literal transphobia.

Yup I am literally transphobic in that regard. Nu-vaginas literally scare me.

Well technically the arrow is a metaphor for the penis, so I am literally straight, because my sexuality only deals with who gets to enjoy my penis and rejects anyone who wants to put anything in my but.

That sounds flamboyantly gay

Yeah, you're alpha fucking gay dude
you're alpha beta and gamma faggot

no one cares about your fag problems asshole, go back to reddit

user as much as it means to you - I don't think anyone else cares much about your state of arousal. Especially when you're this defensive about being a faggot.

Is this you?

I don't know about you but i'd dick the arty arty femme creep and the hella chapstick lesbro

I would fuck any women who is not ugly/has some base level attraction. Literally any women who can fullfill that criterium.

I am not gay. I like women. And I only want to domianetly fuck them. Not get pegged and I don't like giving oral sex either. Maybe I would do it, not sure, but submissively licking a woman doesn't give me any pleasure.

looks like I offended some feefees :^)

Let me guess, you are cuck who still wants to think of himself as straight, even though he likes to get pegged by his girlfriend … but it's totally straight, because getting fucked in the ass by a 10 inch dildo is completly hetero, because a woman is doing it.

Hahahaha.

I already said that I am bicurious. I am not in denial or defensive about anything.

If you take the entire population of the earth, I would find much more women fuckable than guys. Especially the age and sexuality of the men is going to very much lower their percentage of people I think are fuckable.

I said that is my theoretical upper limit. And I didn't say finger. That may be a bit too intense.

When has bicurious a tumblr tier term? Are you memeing me? I have never had anyone give me the t. tumblr reaction.

I don't think it's a tumblr term. It's not like I am saying that I am pansexual, biromantic omnisexual or some shit like that.

So you wouldn't fuck some women and you wouldn't eat some pussy?
That sounds really fucking gay user
You are a faggot in denial and it really shows

Describes this board overall tbqh

Bicurious is used when faggots dont want to admit they're faggots. Its always been like that.

So you don't deny you're a tumblr browsing faggot?

Oh right! I can't believe I forgot using an object or another mans cock is the straight way to massage my prostate.

I think you may truly be my favourite user on Holla Forums. You're up there with the mosaic floor tile guy and the backpack guy. Jesus fucking Christ, the people this board attracts.

where's schizoanon nowadays? the board is becoming so retarded i can't spot him in the wild anymore

Yeah. I can tolerate chubby and I love thicc women, but if they are actually fat, they look less like women and more like asexual blobs of fat to me.

I also love milfs and have sexual fantasies about being the boytoy of one, but I wouldn't fuck a granny that looks like a corpse well into the decaying process.

I don't think asians are very attractive, but I still would give them muh dick of course.

Other than that the usual stuff. Not fucking diseased looking people who have visible tumors in their face of stuff like that. Stuff literally everyone would do.

Oh and of course I wouldn't fuck children.

If she doesn't want me to, I will never ever bring up me eating her out.

If she wants me too then it would be a sacrifice on my side.

Actually now that I think about it, I like licking, so I guess I would love to lick that part of the body like I would her tummy or something like that. I haven't thought about that, thanks for reminding me that I like to lick people.

That's kinda unfair. What term should I use when everything to the right of straight is immidealty being gay?

Nah, I would never do that.

Also I tried it out myself and I never managed to get farther than my sphincter.

Liar! I always play on maximum difficulty. I am a difficulty masochist, I play literally all my games this way.

I just don't remember much about the difficulty in Dark Messiah. How am I supposed to know how much stronger the enemy is in harder difficulties, if my baseline is always the hardest?

And it wasn't hard enough for me. I would have very much liked to see an option for double or triple the enemy count and more elite enemies.

Fuck you, faggot!

Like I give a shit. This is anonymous, why would I have any qualms about not telling as much as you want about my sexual preferences, if you guys keep asking me?

barack obama mixed with nicholas cage?

It's not every day you get to meet someone who is so well adjusted and heterosexual as you are, user.

Its simple user. You are infact gay.

Yeah, I tried it one time when I was in the shower. I always use a washcloth and rub it in between my asscheeks when I am nearly done cleaning myself, because I am hygenic.

I admit maybe the one scene in true detective and Joe Abercrombie's first law book series with that one scene where Ester fucked Muracatto may have corrupted me a little bit.

That's why I said I would only be willing to theoretically try it out and not that this is some sexual fantasy of mine I really would like to try out.

I didn't get past the sphyncter, so you can't really say I fingered myself. Actually to be more accurate I just rubbed my asshole.

Yup. Same with eating out a woman. I don't fantasize about that either and I am actually more willing to do that.

My fantasies mostly revolve around me penetrating someone. Either through their pussy, asshole or mouth.

Jesus, this discussion is so fucking autistic.

user I…

Can we just drop this and start the next Dark Messiah thread without this autism?

I don't see you guys really bringing anything new to the table.

It's not a fantasy if you're doing it.

I've made a few alterations to that picture.

Yeah.

I still like women. By definition I can't be gay.

Ironic, isn't it?

I am honestly not surprised you didn't get that either. You legit seem to have autism or low IQ. Not surprising since low IQ is linked with bigotry and you seem to not like people who don't conform to christcuck slave morality like me.

what's so hard to understand?

I'm not falling for your bullshit Titus.

S-should I be concerned that you know my name, user?

8/10
would pat and cuddle with. Maybe even hardcore yiff

I'll have you know I'm the top frumentarii in the Julius house.
I know all your names, profligate.

It had to be great to be a roman soldier taking a city in a siege.

Not a big surprise a thread about a PC game has turned into an actual discussion on engaging in homosexuality. PC gamers are all pretty fucking gay.

Reported

reported

By definition you are not 'bicurious' as you put it as this would imply you are particularly on the ledge about being heterosexual, homosexual, or willing to experiment with either of the two; but because you seem so adamant to fuck other people of your own Gender whilst still claiming to maintain an interest in women the dictionary would probably more closely define your preference as Bisexual. Still, you'll probably be in denial about that until someone finally plucks up the courage to fill your mouth with their cock so they won't have to listen to your sabotaged definitions of sexual preferences.

Also How the fuck is this not bait?

>Forgetting about the user that made his own daughter in eroges pic related or the user that fapped over pictures of ontario ?
Come on now.

He's RPing as a Roman citizen/soldier

I just fapped and I really got the urge to reinstall Dark Messiah again and play through it.

It's a bit sad how I just looked on major pirating sites and didn't found a download.

Dark Messiah is so much fun fun fun.

Also earlier I talked about some youtube guy being a dark messiah expert.

This is his youtube. I just searched it again and that crazy slav is still doing videos about the same fucking game. Those slavs, man. Crazy dedicated.

youtube.com/user/IfritKajiTora/videos

I have not seen someone as big of an obnoxious faggot as you on Holla Forums in quite some time.

suck my dick tbh fam

I'm not a faggot like you, so no.

shut up and get to sucking, bitch

Anyone tried this mod?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=739039320

this satisfaction is as rewarding as actually playing the game

I just fixed the blue tint on wizard eye, customized my key bindings with extra hidden functions and installed the unlimited mod that unlocks collectors edition weapons in Dark Messiah.

In shot, I will be having fun, boys.