Worst Simpsons episode

Tell me Holla Forums, what is the worst Simpsons episode besides Lisa Goes Gaga?
I single that episode out in particular because it's cheating, it's the worst rated episode of the entire show and the embodiment of everything wrong with modern Simpsons.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=I-TS-92KVDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lisa The Simpsons

anything beyond the first 10 seasons is trash.

I really don't get the hate circlejerk over that episode

Stay Mad, reddit

Entertain the Elk explains it pretty good. I'd recommend you watch him
hooktube.com/watch?v=I-TS-92KVDA

Did they ever develop any of those other Simpsons further? Seems like the kind of bottom of the barrel scraping nu-Simpsons would stoop to.

It ruins the lore. People care about that, apparently.
It's a funny episode. I don't really have a problem with it.

wut. how?

because they build up this headmaster character who has been all about school his entire life and then they just say fuck it, he's a slacker who in a split second became the way he is today because someone died.
it just doesn't add up

It only applies to male members of the Simpsons clan. Doesn't apply to all male humans.

Are the writers even aware of the show's new found infamy?

What Simpson's''t episode with make me cringhe but not boring?

I think they just say people hate anything new.

Lol no

They later trashed that cannon with Homer being the genius.

Matt Groening hates it and you should. Keep ignoring the abortions after Homer got raped by a panda.

It's really easier when you just realise the Simpsons has no canon.

Imagine being so autistic to the point of caring about 'lore' and 'canon' in The Simpsons

Imagine being a retard that is indifferent to narrative consistency.

Please tell me the great plot The Simpsons have

The Superb Owl one is pretty appalling, except for the joke they did about "not knowing who the president will be when this episode airs".

basically, that guy has no idea what he's talking about

me neither tbh
smells of reddit dogpiling

Imagine being this millennial

99% chance the top ten worst episodes are one that you and I have never seen. You don't actually watch this shit anymore so you?

Still had some funny and iconic moments in it. Like that one you posted and these.

Mother Simpson

Imagine being so edgy you can't allow yourself to care about absolutely anything, or have any empathy with other human beings who do.

t. mgtow virgin

t. Holla Forums

yes, Holla Forums proudly stands against mysoginy

I can't stand that episode.
The only likeable woman in The Simpsons is Krabbapel.

I envy you who do not know the dark and murky depths nu-Simpsons has sunk to.

What about the cat lady?

i've seen so many simpons episode that i just shut my brain off

…fuck.

not the worst but pretty bad too

They really force it don't they?

You can feel the contempt dripping from that, holy shit.

this can't be real

The wifeswap one with Ricky Gervais or the Grampa is gay oh no wait he's a pro-wrestler episode obviously I haven't seen 90% of anything post Season 14 though so I am limited in my choices

Because there's so many inconsistencies with previous episodes i.e. Skinner getting his job back with the Army even though he's not Skinner and they would have had to have checked his identity against their records

You think committee writers care? They get paid and that's it

I remember watching the Comic Book Guy one, so the other two are probably real too.

It amazes me how classic Simpons made so many jokes that are still relevant.

Classic simpsons used to joke about both sides even though you knewl they were very liberals. Now it's only a sandbox for them to cry about and mock people they hate

Doesn't that remind you guys of another show that used to do this?

Which one? There's a lot.

All of them pretty much

There's no such thing as "neutral" in Drumpf's Amerikkka

South Park

Comedy shows went full shekel partisan under obama.

I agree that there is so much trash in season 10+ that there is no point in trying to determine the absolute worst episode. Lisa the Simpson and Principal and the Pauper are both season 9 though so they are fair game.

I would like to nominate Natural Born Kissers (also from season 9). I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking it was the first episode I didn't like at all.

jesus fucking christ

Reminds me exactly why Lisa is the absolute worst character in the show. She exists to be nothing but a contrarian and a foil. No sane person would associate with her.

the best part is when Quinn first enters the programming class, notices it's mostly boys and calls it a "pencil party"

There were worse episodes than this? I officially stopped watching this trash here.

it wasn't so bad. the part where Homer ODs on heroin is pretty funny.

Newfound? There are twice as many bad seasons as good seasons.

Maybe newer episodes are worse, but the retcon pulled in this episode made me drop the series completely.

Wouldn't a young girl like being the only girl in a group of guys?

see and

Always remember: Lardball McDork can get a qtπ Nipponese gf and you can't.

Continuity has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that it's a "throwback episode" set during the same time period the show was taking place in contemporarily during its heyday. Even the most pedestrian viewer would find it retarded.

Well yes that too is a given. It just felt weird to add another decade and change up everything that was established. I understand as the show continues into the future it can't be stuck in the past, but there are much better ways to make a show timeless than doing that.

I'm actually mad now. they're fucking reusing titles.

There are four episodes that have some title pun relating to "Mona Lisa".

What did they do with Bart anyway? Older Simpsons he was a mischievous under achiever. Newer ones have him as just another gag character. For example, his escapades with Sideshow Bob. Older ones have Bart outsmarting Bob, but the newer ones have him just acting helpless.

So you must like the brand new episodes with that charm and more half assed logic, ex:

The least of nu-Simpson's problems is not respecting canon. In fact, nu-Simpsons probably has more callbacks to old episodes, because they're out of ideas. Classic Simpsons was pretty much a self contained story each episode.

The moment guest stars started playing as themselves instead of playing as different characters. The Micheal Jackson one had it right, for instance.

What about Homerpalooza?

at least they're slightly different puns. this is literally the exact same title

It's to do with how Matt Groening perceived himself during the 90s. Once he had his two sons he saw more of a fatherly figure than a youthful upstart and so the episodes' focus shifted from Bart to Homer accordingly.

If only you knew how bad things are

have you watched Barthood? it's a very new episode (season 27), but actually does a very good job developing Bart as a character

All of them, Simpsons are shit and always have been, the pacing is just different in new episodes, now fuck off.

Because back then it wasn't still considered a decent show but that episode was the tipping point for what was soon to come.

Any ep before season 9.

For a slightly different flavor of shit, I forgot the title but the one where Homer recovers a repressed memory of finding Smither's dad's corpse. The first 20 minutes is just Homer screaming non stop before they wrap it up with typical nuSimpson shit of him dying in an accident and Burns dumping the body because lol random.

the screaming is annoying, but other than that I actually like that episode. the flashbacks to young Homer, Carl and others are funny af

merchant just looks so fucking pathetic and worthless it just enrages me a bit every time I have to look at his sad sad sight