Can we all agree this show was literally proto-Rick and Morty?

Can we all agree this show was literally proto-Rick and Morty?

It was everything good about Rick and Morty. I still like some episodes of Rick and Morty.

I turned myself into a crafting unit fry! I'm a crafting unit now! Boom! Big reveal! I'M CRAFTING UNIT BENDER!!!

here come the butthurt futurama niggers

R&M is definitely more funny and witty, but it does have the benefit of being released after Futurama and humor has evolved since then. For the time, it was ok. Post-reboot Futurama is total garbage though.

In other words it's become less subtle and more topical than ever?

The first 2 episodes were literally kino. Originally the show was supposed to be a movie about meeting one's heroes, but later they jewified it.
All the worldbuilding of ep1 and 2 would later be trashed and forgotten.

Ep1: the world is a dystopia where people are murdered if they don't comply to the job's ministry.
Ep2: the moon landing is forgotten and ridiculed by people who can no longer dream.

I thought the joke was that Fry was just always destined to be a delivery man

We live in an interconnected Twitter world where topics come and go in a matter of minutes. So yes, in a way, topical humor is the evolution of comedy, like it or not.

That's fine and all, but why is none of it actually funny?

No. Rick and Morty is actually funny sometimes.

only alt-reddit idiots hate rick & morty

Older seasons were better when it focused on the background of the characters (especially Fry) the new seasons was only good with the episode where Fry, Bender and Prof go through the entire timeline and repeat the timeline again to fix the timeloop problem

But if anything really, it's Simpsons but sci-fi.

Not entirely, Futurama was somewhat less restrained than the Simpsons I think.

By less restrained, you mean like how Fry got to make out both Amy and Leela whereas if anything sort of like that in Simpsons happens its horrible?

pretty much yeah. I say somehwat because I do remember the Simpsons movie with Bart penis and boobs lady but I'm sure if Futurama got a theatrical release we would probably see aliens with multiple dicks and shit

Then I'd agree. I was kind of suprised to see how "open" Futurama was (considering this was made by the dude behind the yellow family)

I think it's because the Simpsons started in the late 1980s where anything too extreme would still have been controversial and Matt new the key to preventing seasonal rot too quickly was to retain the shows writing.

I'd like to remind that Matt knew that this show WAS becoming shit and he ended it after Season 6. At least he knew

It has a few pseudointellectual gags, but most of the jokes were just standard sitcom-y stuff. I don't see it being similar to Rick and Morty at all.

Good Futurama episodes>R&M episodes
Seasons 6-7 suck but i cant find a R&M episode that tops Amazon women on the mood for example + Fry tops any R&M character

you dont have to be cynical to be funny

R&M is anti-cap Kino

Heh, you sound mad, kiddo.

I liked Futurama, but it had way too many "serious" moments and it kinda got shitty near the end.
At least they had the fucking sense to end it before it really wore out its welcome á la Simpsons.

We don't have enough Futurama threads. Please start 10 more.

I don't know why, but Futurama just doesn't yield nearly as good stills as old Simpsons

The Simpsons was very visual, Futurama was more situational and writing based.

Futurama had that sterile digital animation look from the start. Probably Groening.

He didn't end it Fox did. That crypto kike only cares about money

Not everyone supports Israel

All animated shows aimed at "grown" boys (hard to use the term men here) are more or less R&M. The aim is to get the viewer to regress back to a state of psychoactive safety because the real world is scary. Rather than deal with the stress of adulthood, it is easier to escape back to a state of childhood. It is also much easier to program a human being in this sitting, mindless state of gorged carbohydrates and drugs/alcohol, which is why so many people endlessly quote these shows and get their politics and world views from them.
LITERAL MAN-CHILD
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

They're both "Adult Cartoons" that pander to man children and depressed loosers by inflating their victim complex (and or narcissism) with "Scientific" themes and "Deep" concepts.

Like people here said, it was fun while it lasted and thankfully they had the balls to just end it when it started wearing out it's welcome.

Wonder how many seasons R&M will last

Futurama never was. It was about goofy space adventures.

Depends if Adult Swim finds a more popular show.
Come to think of it, ATHF ended right after Rick and Morty began, didn't it?

An episode that makes a joke out of feminism, sure.

The message is that feminism is good, as long as it's not taken too far. Literally reddit feminism.

futurama is weird. it has really heartfelt moments, but also some really mean-spirited jokes

such as?

That episode with the dog made me sad when I was younger.

the jewish lobster that was antisemitic oy vey! remember the 666 gorillion!

How loose are they?

the joke with the kid that died from snapping his spine in limbo
or when bender kicked his own son into hell
or when an entire civilization of cute little aliens got nuked on-screen

bunch of low IQ posters ITT

uhh, i think you mean rural and suburban retards, sweetie

White suburban teenagers are the core demographic of all Adult Swim shows

lol, triggered

Haha, so funny, look every one, Ricky Gervais is making fun of Christians again. How come he hasn't made fun of Muslims yet? Ah well, who cares, LMAO Christians r so dumb!

(checked)
Christians are pretty dumb tbh

Futurama was never as good as classic Simpsons, but it managed to stay watchable throughout its entire 7 season run.

Besides being an effeminate faggot, why is Ferris so popular? He's an asshole in Re:ZERO.

There's no reason for him being popular besides being cute. 95% of people posting him have no idea what he's from and don't know that he's an annoying little shit.

That right there is like 50% of his character.

Why else?

This bothered you? You must have deep emotional problems.

That was actually funny

UR HUSBANDO IS KIKED TRASH

Yes, except it was actually good until they made all those shitty direct-to-dvd movies and the Comedy Central revival.

How does such a pussy even find his way onto an imageboard?

The Comedy Central revival was still enjoyable but those fucking movies, so out of place for a whacky sci-fi cartoon.

It's just a show you fucking faggot.

Well, yeah, they are.

edgy I like it

Get the fuck out.

try getting some self awareness

The irony here is palpable.
Now get the fuck out retard.

Not even a chuckle?

Desperate.

Futurama took itself far too seriously. It had some funny one-liners and generated some good memes (at the time), but most of the writing and world-design always felt kind of retarded. It was as if they got the writers from the Big Bang Theory together and told them to write a sci-fi setting. It wasn't funny or self-aware enough for me to let that slide as artistic license.

Rick and Morty takes itself much less seriously while also exploring more interesting sci-fi ideas in a more well thought out setting. There's enough comedy and lampshading to make me overlook its flaws.

Simpsons world grew with every episode. New characters entered and were available for later episodes. Futurama didn't do that. Visit world for one episode and that's it. Show got bland because not enough characters to interact with.

This. People always forget that shows aren't competing with the shows of other networks but with shows on their network.

Detected either a illiterate retard

"no!"

It is indeed ironic
for you

Pozorama had its moments but I stopped watching cartoons years ago so I have no idea what Rick and Morty is about.

well at least you are

how are you any different from this comic?

Why is that thing so ugly?

Because the artist can't draw for shit.

Which movie was xhe watching?

versus

Pleb.

*in

I see you were born in the late 90's.

Hey MrEnter

Futurama had a huge problem in the mixing of drama and comedy. They we're never in the same scene, eternally separate and lesser for it.

Aka another celebrity did a shitty cameo

lol

Futurama did that too, think of the Professor‘s clone.

Futurama had a lot of recurring side characters.
Zap Branigan, Kif, Lrrr. Wormstrom, Nibbler, Calculon, Cubert and Dwight, Nixon, Amy's rich parents.

1998 had one of the top 5 best episodes tbh

not really, they're both fine shows in different ways.
i didnt like the return of futurama, everything up to the 4 "tv movies" is fine though.

In time you'll learn that righties are FAR more butthurt & easily offended than any libtard. The numero uno trick of the righty is PROJECTION. They project all their flaws onto strawmen.

Underaged Generation "Zyclon" kiddie spotted and reported.

A dog that spent it's whole life being beaten is more likely to bite you, and also more justified in doing so.

you sound like an alt-reddit tard tbh

The right wing have become such utter soyboy pusses.

t. projector

reported for reporting

Yeah, tell me again how I'm in control of everything. That always makes me think the left is correct.

Sounds like we better put the dog down.

There was a response to this that was much better, had woody harrelson as the reply image. Someone post it

Besides being an effeminate faggot, why is Ferris so popular?
ARE TRAPS GAY??? XD

Hi

You mean the one where MJ voices some prison convict who played a piano for Lisa's birthday. That's Season 3.