ITT: Post what you think was the biggest flop of 2016. Embed related, Tokyo Mirage Sessions

ITT: Post what you think was the biggest flop of 2016. Embed related, Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/lj5o9z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Numale's sky

An engineered flop is not really a flop.

I'm still not sure what his motivation was.

No Man's Sky, you myopic weeb.

King Arthur predates Terraria and isn't very similar, the other one has dinosaurs obviously

I believe there is another game that has shited on itself hard but I don't quite remember the name.

There are so many, I can't decide!

Mighty No.9

That's the one.

No mans sky hands down. How many people are playing it right now anyway?

does anyone know how to extract the game images?

The entire mainstream games industry.

it's an 18+ board, moron

it used to be.

Purely in terms of sales, Revolution 60

In terms of disappointment and tear harvesting, NuMale's Sky hands down.
In terms of budget to revenue ratio, probably Stillborn.

1st place - No Man's Sky
2nd place - Battleborn
3rd place - Mighty No 9

Consolation prize - Star Wars Battlefront

it's a pity because the dungeons are well designed.

the fucking idol bullshit just ruins the game

My brother bought that game for his phone. He's one of those people.

Took them long enough to fall but better late than never.

is it bad that that game is the only one i ever cosidered playing ?I really like mechs and robots and space

Battleborn

The only reason i have 100+ hours is sailing and illegal tree farm raiding

No, its all gimmicks
You'll be doing the same bullshit you did on the previous games.
Normalfags think it changed because of the setting and boosts but it hasn't changed dick.
The level design barely accomodates those movement options.

I haven't played a game that came out this year. A lot of Anons are going to post about the usual games but I think it's pointless to care. It's better to discuss good games.

Out of all the shit games released this year I'm actually a little bit interested in TMS. It seems like it has a decently different battle system. There are other games this year though that bombed harder and I don't have the faintest interest in. And besides, Wii U only probably just means it will get ported to Switch later (hopefully with some changes to the censorshit).

#FE isn't terrible, I played a fair way through it with a friend and we had fun. It's nothing to take seriously and there's scarcely a hint of either FE or SMT, but the game itself has some neat things here and there.

You're going to wait for CEMU and you're going to play that shit uncensored you FEg

My girlfriend bought me that game. She thought it was cute. I had fun with getting a lot of sessions in one attack but overall it was shiiiiiiiiit.

The way it ended vaguely implied there would be another game, which is odd, the mirages can still come into this world but the Fire Emblem world was completely sealed off. Then it hit me, the reason it's called "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE" instead of SMTxFE. This was planned to be a crossover series and there might be another crossover with another franchise. Unlikely due to the performance of this game though.

Jesus Christ, they translated hafu as biracial.
I hope this isn't indicative of P5's quality.

It will

No Man's Sky is biggest flop, without a doubt. Game had no questions asked refunds on day 1 because of how shit it was received. There was so much backlash that the devs disappeared for 4 months. And its first content patch is only adding features that existed in Early Access trash three years ago, and making the game feel like v0.3

Also I think Tokyo Mirage Sessions could have been pretty cool even in the idoltrash stage. The awkward censorship and cringe inducing FAIA EMBUREM stuff is what really killed it.

Battleborn is by far the biggest flop of this year, but Tokyo Mirage Sessions does deserve a shout out for how many things it fucked up.
I bet whoever decided to go for idols instead of anything remotely related to SMT or Fire Emblem got fired. No one cared about the game. It somehow ended up being the worst JRPG on a system where the only competition it had was Xenoblade X.
Everything about the game felt like it was flavour of the month. Like idols are popular right now, so they went for making a game about idols. Absolutely disgusting.

None.

The last guardian

No one mentioning we wuz hackers n shit?

What this user says.
When you make a game that is shit by design it really is a success when it is treated like shit.
A real flop would be something like "the dark messiah of might and magic" which is a good game but nobody played/bought

For the first time I can remember, there is an actual "correct" answer to this. Anyone who doesn't say "Battleborn" is just wrong.

How satisfying

even if it did well people would've forgot about it.

This list is correct

Hey, you're right.

Mafia 3 = biggest flop

Stillborn is the biggest flop, hope they die

This
In a year of flops, Battleborn was by far the worst

it wasn't a bad game though, not a surprise it flopped
shame it released on a dead console

It's a steaming piece of fun.

The only correct answer is Stillborn

I probably would have liked SMT x FE if I played it, if NOA didn't direct the localization and tried to pass the blame off onto Atlus. I liked stupid shit like that. Cute idols, decent turn based battle system, etc. I don't care if it was neither SMT or FE.

I think No Man's Sky, Battleborn and Mighty No. 9 are the worst flops of the year. Mafia 3 didn't do so well either.

FFXV, while it probably sold a lot, isn't going to make the money back for its 10 years in development hell + Kingsglaive CG movie + anime + excessive marketing.

Metroid Prime Federation Force flopped so hard that most people I talk to didn't even realise it was released. I don't think I've seen a shred of discussion on it here. Rip metroid ;_:

poal.me/lj5o9z
Add away niggers
If you complain about game you want to vote for not on the list do humanity a favor and just kill yourself, everyone can do without your stupidity

I voted Battleborn as while NMS did disappoint more people I feel BB actually was a bigger flop with development prices, marketing, and LACK of sales.
BattleBorn was expected to carry Gearbox to new heights, instead it turned out to be an open manhole cover they've slipped down.

I honestly think you are right about Battleborn. NuMalesSky isn't going to bankrupt an entire company which last I saw seems like Battleborn is going to do.

The other day i bought Battleborn. Brand new. For a fucking single brexitdollar. One pound new. Thats a flop if ever there was one.
Tfw i had fun playing as the cute 4 armed witch even if she was voiced by fucking tiny tina
Still, flop of the year no question.

Replace that with Metroid Prime: Federation Force and you're golden.

dayum son

How much did Battleborn cost? I'm genuinely curious, they keep saying its their most expensive game yet, and I wonder where it all went to where Randy seems like he's genuinely on suicide watch.

I also wonder why he didn't just greenlight Borderlands 3 considering they never reached any kind of success after BL2.

$60 at launch, and $75 for the "digital deluxe edition". Obviously that didn't last.

Federation Force wasnt anticipated like Battlefront. Not even close.

No, I get that. I wonder how much Battleborn costed to make since Gearbox seems to just be a publishing company now that adds in Duke Nukem

We brought it up mostly in the AM2R threads to shit on it even harder in comparison. That's also when we found out Samus was the final boss.

they've said it cost more than both Borderlands 1 and 2 combined to make so I'm guessing 100mil bare minimum.

Well Randy said before the game launched that it had a budget bigger than BL1 and 2 combined. Doing some quick and dirty research, an old interview had Randy giving an estimate of $30-35 million for BL1. Another article says that the budget for BL2 went up as sales of 1 went up, which could be taken to mean that BL2's budget was more than BL1, which isn't unreasonable. Successful game usually means bigger budget for a sequel.

Taking a conservative guess, if BL1 was $30 million and BL2 was, let's say, $40 million, then Blunderborn would have to be more than $70 million for the budget, likely more than $80 million. If BL2's budget was even higher, that would push Blunderborn's budget higher still, maybe even up to or over the $100 million mark.

But this is just speculation on my part, and all we have is Randy's own estimations to work off of. Regardless, its absolutely abysmal sales across all platforms makes it an utter disaster for Gearbox, and might even finish them off as a company. We'll see, I suppose.

You also have to calculate the amount of BL2's budget Randy stole from Aliens: Colonial Marines to get a more accurate estimate. It's probably closer to $60 million for BL2.

Also true, though I don't know if Randy would admit to including that in his estimates. Whether it's $30 million or $60 million, it's millions that Gearbox will never make back.

Holy shit, that much money into one multiplayer game is ridiculous, especially since Gearbox never had that kind of fanbase. Now it makes sense why they're basically dying at this point and desperate.

Yeah, that's true

I was expecting to Samus to be the final boss
but not as Morph Ball Form Only. Fuck. That. Shit.

It's a game about shooting balls so I don't know how morph ball Samus as a boss fight wasn't to be expected.

That image is as depressing as gearbox's current state.

So basically Kingdom Hearts?

There's a discrepancy here.

which it is you fucking retard

there is a difference between hafu and new-hafu you FUCK weeb CUNT FUCK OFF

what's wrong with it? doesn't half-cast sound awkward?

This.

i think that webm was actually trying to give me AIDs

it was numales sky you fucking dunce

it was just the gift that kept on giving

The best part was telling everyone how it was going to fail to deliver, and them saying "You don't know anything, don't judge until it's released!", then coming back to those threads and comments and being smug as fuck. The anger of these faggots is tremendous.