Looking to upgrade graphics card from GTX745, need low price range shit

Looking to upgrade graphics card from GTX745, need low price range shit.

How good is a GTX950

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125915
m.newegg.ca/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814487024
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are no games worth playing that need a higher end card.

o-okay

He's not trying to be a dick. I have a 6950 and I can play everything. Aim cheap.

what is your price range?

I have a fucking integrated graphics card on a mid/low end laptop and i play everything i want. modded minecraft kinda makes it a little hot though.

I dunno, I found this. I'm not exactly Holla Forums here

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125915

wait for vega

i thought nvidia being a meme was itself a meme

Its both a meta meme and the fact that an nvidia graphics card actually did melt that one time.

I recently got a GTX950, I can play some of my games on high now, depending on the model you may get some lower performance, turns out some 950s don't use a PSU connector and draw 75W from the port itself, apparently is a good thing for low power usage but it will also limit performance a little.

Either shell out for a card with actual improvements or don't spend the fucking money because you're going to drop whatever a 950 costs for negligable gains. Get a high-end GTX7xx series card, it's going to be cheaper or the same price and it'll be an actual upgrade.

How much we talking here and does fit the bill

I have an i7-6700HQ and a GTX 960 and it runs games like Witcher 3 without a problem.

Nvidia is pretty good during winter I didn't need to turn on the heating even though it's around 0-5 ˚C outside.

For about 300 to 400 bucks you can get a 1060 which is better and cheaper than a 970

If you like having your GPU explode sure

This.
All the shit I like I could just as well play on my fucking 760 with exactly the same performance.

At least you got trips.

I found a 1050 for 150 smackers, but do I buy?

See what Ebay or Craigslist has as far as high end 7 series cards goes. Look at the 770, 780, 790, etc. I guarantee you can find a deal. But, if you want that 1050, I'd suggest saving up a little more for the next number up (1060?).

I have a 745 as well OP.
I can run most anything decently enough, what do you want to play that requires a better card?

AAA shit

RX480 OP
Ive been having a good experience with it

Every good graphic card is expensive as SHIT. I wont even start talking about processors.

What the fuck!

the server is gonna be so laggy it will be unplayable.

The devs are not releasing their second server for 3-4 weeks because they want the pr of having the most populated private wow server. Meanwhile anyone who doesnt live within 100 miles of the server will have a 3 second delay if they are lucky.
The rubber banding on nost was absolutely horrible even before the chinese invasion. After all the publicity of nosts shut down nosts popularity will only increase, the lag problems and chink monopolization of pvp and gold farming will increase.
The devs are frothing at the mouth anti racists who shut down any mention of chinese hackers or win traers in pvp and refuse to do anything about pvp dodging win trading cheating chinese.

You WILL NOT be able to rank up in pvp due to chinese farmers, 100% guarantee. neither will you be able to do anything else in the game that gives a reasonable amount of gold per hour other than farming dungeons because instanced content will be the only thing that is not farmed to death.

nost has funserver drop rates
nost has many broken class abilities. some not working properly and doing too little damage, some doing too much.

Not to mention there will be lvl 60s like me who will dedicate 100% of the time not spent in raids ganking the newbie lowbies.

have fun with that.

solo focus images of the girls touching themselves was great

a shit version of a good game

Stop being a fucking NEET, maybe then you can enjoy your hobby at the fullest.

What do you guys think of this
m.newegg.ca/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814487024

I'm looking for a vidyacard that is cheap but actually performs decently. At least better than the temporary piece of shit I have now which can't even play DaS past 15fps, anyways. Everyone is telling anons to wait for the Vulkan meme before buying a fancy card

PS2 was a meme console. That entire generation was a fucking meme.

Kill yourself.

Maybe if you didn' buy like 3 of those figs you could have scrounge enough for a small heater

>>>/cuckchan/

Kinda? The game funnels you in an "intended" dungeon order, but it's possible to do some of the dungeons out of order as Adult Link without real difficultly. You don't need the Bow to clear the Fire Temple, the Megaton Hammer to clear the Water Temple, or the Hover Boots to clear the Spirit Temple. All of these items help, but the dungeons are designed in such a way that you don't absolutely need those items.

Water Temple doesn't require a bow either but this requires making a weird jump and skipping a couple keys, so it's probably not intentional.

not sure if this is spam

Its Buis spambot

This isn't exactly the appropriate thread but I could give a shit about jaggies or resolutions past 720p, but my god I fucking hate texture aliasing. Even with AF and mipmapping if you don't turn on TMSAA to 8x SMAA and enable 2x MSAA so it actually works textures will still shimmer like shit. Playing any sort of game with a long draw distance and shimming textures looks like fucking cancer.

that 950 or

1050 ti aren't going to be bad, if you're dead set on nvidia.
The AMD 470 for $10 more than the 1050 ti is rated as having like 38% better performance for 6% difference in cost.

www.sell.dat/shit

bump

thanks for the bumps, buibots

And they didn't make a single joke about Hillary's defeat.

Not a bot though, just want to keep good threads alive since Bui bots bumps are killing other threads

Sorry for failing on you Midna. Hopefully next match I can not do as poorly.

Loadiine is fine enough

Not you, the other bots.

But thanks for your bump!

Yeah, South Park was terrible when SoT came out too. The show's quality had no baring on the game's

Devious.

Truth.

do you have a power supply that can handle more or not?

if not, the nvidia 1050 and some models of the 1050 ti are the highest you can get without power connectors.

if you do have a good psu, consider used cards from the previous generation, or the RX 470 from amd.

Some people have good taste, it can't be helped.

Fuck you that game was meh.

fucking anti-SJWs

had my credit card stolen from here I believe.

This.

Crysis games have this property where there's something missing when you're playing the game. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's all flash and no bang. Pretty graphics and a mildly interesting potential gimmick which was the suit but there's just one thing missing. As if the game lacks soul or something.

As soon as you have the 4 party members. That last dungeon, though…

prove it

HD Remasters always sell significantly less than the original. Or example, Final Fantasy X HD sold 1.3 million on PS3 and 0.8 million on Vita. Wind Waker HD sold 1.75 million on one system. The worst selling Nintendo system sans the Virtual Boy. It did way better than anyone would have expected.

Any fucking time I see someone on their bike coming my way I must resist the urge to clothesline them

Every. Single. Fucking. Time.

What if I told you there is literally no reason you can't have both?
That being said ninty is obviously targeting a different aesthetic so it's clearly not apples to apples. Realism =\= better. Personally i prefer Nintendos approach over sony's when it comes to shit like this. Nintendo seems more self aware of their shit hardware and it's limitations. And then design their games around it. Sony is oblivious. 90% of sony games really should be running on pces much more powerful than their hardware. And they make way to many shooters for their shitty controllers.

Shit, at least something good came out of this shit.

Does anyone know how well pmd gates to infinity and super runs?

Mario 64

sequel when?

Just because AMD purposefully being the underdog to have people buy their shit backfired doesn't mean i'm doing it now that they really need shekels which they don't since they're still rich as fuck

is 1060 worth? I put it on my christmas list and may actually get it

It's the best mid range GPU they've released in years

cool

I'm going to get the RX470 for my next build.
It's definitely the most bang for your buck card while being at a reasonable price.
Though I have a nvidia 6xx series card, so I'm in dire need of an upgrade.

If you have to stick with nvidia, get a 1050 ti… but preferably the 1060.
AMD is looking better atm for the "mid-high" range cards imo though, and is playing the long/smart game compared to nvidia via investing their time into optimizing their cards for the up and coming graphics APIs.
Especially so when you consider the performance gains of AMD vs nvidia cards for DX12 or Vulkan (AMD has more consistent, and larger gains compared to nvidia).

So, personally, I'm playing it smart and getting an AMD card; although they're also better suited for my development requirements so it's sorta a win-win for me (better future proofing for upcoming APIs, and better performance for my development).

I have one it's awwright. Get a 460 though.

With a 1050ti you get something strong enough for all of emulation up to 6th gen (and that doesn't have drivers issues like AMD) and that can still play most recent game well enough, if you don't care about emulation then an RX470 or something around the same pricepoint from AMD is more than good enough.

DX12 and vulkan are barely worth considering right now DX12 gets you a handful of shit games and vulkan still has shit drivers across the board and even less games that use it compared to DX12.

drivers are not really that big of a issue anymore

why bother with nvidia in that budget range, thats the AMD field.

They are when it comes to emulation

I recently went from a 670 to a 1070, I recommend the 1070 but choose your manufacturer carefully as everyone has been fucking up this time around.

I was thinking about getting one of those, care to elaborate about everyone fucking up?

EVGA forgot the thermal pads on the VRAM, Gigabyte fucked up the voltage control, MSI got something wrong, can't remember what.
In the end I got a return on my EVGA and got the ASUS which has been fine so far.

This. I'm still getting 45+ with my Galaxy660ti and all I do is turn off motion blur, anisotropic blah blah, depth of field and ambient occlusion which really make no damn difference or either give me a really big head ache. Reflections in some cases are absolutely retarded to have them on.
Really all new games are bloated as hell. Like even MGSV which is so greatly optimize gives me about a 20 frame increase when I turn off motion blur. All of these things if you edit them in the .ini Arkham Knight file it just great without crashing. Except motion blur because apparently the map screen depends on it.

bf1 is amazing. i don't care what you ppl say.

my asus shit the bed 2 days after having it so it seems all manufacturers are trash

Get a job you lazy piece of shit.

Yeah I sure love Racemixing One™ but only on my Xbox One™.