Okay guys, I am looking for some Christmas ideas for myself. What were the best Steam releases of 2016?

Okay guys, I am looking for some Christmas ideas for myself. What were the best Steam releases of 2016?

Pic related, these are the games I am currently planning on getting in the next month.

Dragon's Dogma

Dragon's Dogma
EDF

Potentially Deathwing depending on what they fix in the next week

Really, shitty Gabe memes don't work anymore. Buying games on Steam is just as bad as supporting the corporatist pigs over at Nintendo or Sonny. There's no difference.

Really warm socks.
Fresh undies.
A cardigan or two.
A box of turtles chocolates.
A premium mug to sip hot beverages from in a comfy fashion.
And many more.

I don't know about Steam, but the games I've played most this year were:
Starsector, mods will extend playtime by a large amount. It's still in beta.
Rimworld. Also mod-heaven.
Planetside 2. Free.
Stellar Tactics. Still in alpha. Netted me about 20 hours on 2 playthroughs. Can't recommend it yet. This one is Steam only unfortunately.
Caves of Qud. Roguelike. I'm not much into them, but this one got me to play through an entire game. About 40 hours or so.
Shadowrun. Both Dragonfall DC and Hong Kong are good, but I enjoyed the former more.
Transcendence. Free isometric space exploration/combat game. Mods will extend the life on this one as well.
Endless Sky. Free, and open-source. It's basically EV-Nova +. Reasonably moddable too.
Dragon's Dogma. Pretty nice action game, but once you explore the overworld it descends into grind. Takes a long fucking while to do that though.
Halcyon 6. Turn-based strategy space station management game, with a sprinkle of RPG here and there. pretty decent, but doesn't take that long to get to the end. Can get grindy if you're not good at this kind of game.
Underrail. Fucking A all throughout, except the last area. Can't recommend this enough. Just get it, either buy it or pirate.

EBIN JOKE OP

Oh, and don't buy ROTR. I pirated that shit and didn't manage to play it all. Cringe doesn't begin to describe the plot.
The action is ok, if you liked the first one.

I'm getting myself another tailor made suit for Christmas and a MAGA hat. Not buying any vidya.

Grim Dawn
Rabi Ribi
Planet Coaster
Xanadu Next
Everything from CAVE
Assault Suit Leynos
Val-11 Hall A
The Quest (but I'm a fucking autist)
XCOM2
Silver Case
Battlefleet Ghotic
MeltyBlood and Uniel
Revelator coming out soon
Dark Souls 3
Obduction

this

also this

Also Dead Rising

And Forza 3 if you you're able to put up with Microsofts shit.

I'm all Rimmed out right now.

You've got some pretty shit taste, op.

>>>/out/

You you can look at only one of the games I posted, do it at Underrail. Of all my picks, that's the one that deserves attention the most. It's like the creator made Fallout 1 with non-shitty combat.

Civ 6 is alright

Maybe you shouldnt play rpg's if they get boring that fast, faggot.

All me ;P

Hi Bui

I loved the game, but combat was pretty basic.
Get Sniper Rifle/Plasma Rifle/Gauss Rifle. Aim at the eye. If health is low, use Stimpak.

Shill?

100%

It always seems odd to me why these threads asking about games to get heavily imply or specify that they must and only can be purchased from steam. If the games were really all that mattered, OP wouldn't so desperately need our blessing to purchase from steam.

but cheevos

He is a shill or a newfag desperatly trying to fit in somewhere he doesnt belong.

So you want to shred your HDD as well?

I think OP was just trying to be a cheeky fucker by posting games with denuvo, censoring and other cancerous practices.

Could be bait, but ive seen more retarded and sincere posts here before.

are you my grandma?

This samefag tho.

So having a discussion in a thread is samefagging now, nigger?

Good shitpost, OP.

Thats the build you choose
I like crippling the locomotion members of an enemy and take him out at a distance.
Sometimes with a Sledge

>>>Holla Forums

Great discussion friendo

Pic related

Get back to work, Gabe.

Too busy cracking all of my games

Please no, the last time he worked he made paid sprays and gloves for csgo

Sure thing, Gabe, right after you authorized purchases for them from your steam account, hypocrite.

Don't forget Skyrim Remasteredâ„¢! :^)

Too busy being a poor faggot that spends all of his time watching Chinese cartoons.>>11434614

I play DF as well. Different games. Rimworld focuses more on pawn interaction, while simplifying construction a fair bit.

FUCK OFF SHILL. OP HASN'T RESPONDED TO A SINGLE DECENT SUGGESTION

I bet you've never developed your own programming language before either.

Being so autistic that you don't think I am doing other things

It's shit, just play SupCom

Read my posts again faggot

Nice picks, but 3 and 4 are fucking trash

Its pretty good user

Okay you guys are really fucking adamant that the Denuvo trash is bad so I won't get them.

Are you happy?

Yes, steam is bad.

Of all the games with Denuvo the only one moderately good is Dishonored 2. Not worth a buy, maybe heavily discounted or when CPY cracks it open. Big disappointment on DE:MD. they took a globetrotting adventure/action game and turned it into THI4F. It's EXACTLY like the new thief. Hub plus side missions. Fuck them.

Planet Coaster has Denuvo and Forza 3 is Microsoft territory.
Those two games are just trash

It also has games

Games you can pirate.

so does gamestop
you should go there instead of posting on Holla Forums

What's wrong about it.
I though about getting it but then heard about some shenanigans with them and their DLC or Add-On so decided to wait a bit longer.

But gamestop only has Steam games.

You should love it then, since you love steam so much.

And I do
But I also buy them

AAA trash doesn't count and theres no PC games there, so no, it does not.

Good joke Toddler
Kill yourself already.

Kill yourself already

But of all the game I've listed, only one has an exclusive Steam release. Are you sure you're not retarded?

I assume all posters on Holla Forums are valvedrones until shown otherwise.

I'm going to monetize mods and you will have to pirate them.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about that tidbit

Impressive

Who said I bought it? it's from what I've seen on jewtube. I'll never support Denuvo. I only recommended because your list had ROTR, which is utter shit compared to Dishonored 2.

Not sure, but I'm going to buy myself the new WH40k game because I want more WH40k games and this one looks very playable.

And its fucking trash with the reviews telling everybody the same.
Its the same casualized simplistic bullshit that was 1 with another coat of paint.

No. I'm not sexy enough.

Brigador is a bloody hidden gem.
It goes for a pre-rendendered CGI look like Diablo, but manages to look even better than most pre-rendered games, and the artstyle is impressive too. It's an isometric action game where you pilot a mech taking on jobs for corporations and such, which involve a lot of destruction and murder on your part. It just feels great to pilot a mech in this game, but the game is difficult enough to make each victory feel well-deserved rather than being a blatant power fantasy. The campaign mode is like an introduction mode which lets you pilot all types of mechs with all kinds of weapons against all kinds of enemies, but the meat of the game is its Freelancer mode which lets you go nuts with your own mechs and pilots in tons of missions. Each pilot serves as a kind of difficulty mode, where harder to play pilots earn you more money. The same goes for mechs, as weaker less versatile mechs have a higher money multiplier than a mech which is good at surviving everything. It's like a scoring system encouraging you to experiment. The controls may take getting used to and so is discerning shit on screen, taking in account projectile trajectory, flanking (attacking enemy from their sides lets you deal more damage), all while dodging a hailfire of bullets. Do mind you, Brigador is an action game foremost, not a mech simulator like Armored Core or MechWarrior. You don't get in-depth mech building options, it's all about skill foremost. And it's got a neat synthwave soundtrack too.

I get what you're saying, but at this point you're trying to convince people to not buy anything because it will inevitably support the Jews, just like that time you bought that bread or when you bought the chair you're sitting on right now.

Nah, just don't buy anything from steam or valve specifically.

Fuck, I completely forgot about that fucking game I was supposed to buy it in August.
Buying it now

I only had to kill that skeleton 7 times to get mine

what game doesn't

PS3 ver.

Because of the cover and why would you have a 360 after bayonetta anyways?

And you've lost me.

That objective wrong though. The correct answer is Mad Max.

STEAM
FOREVER SEPTEMBER
GET OUT

The sad part is we have no spoopy Illuminati to save the world from it's own shitposting. There's a million conspiracy theories about how the elections are all rigged and the news was being controlled, but in the end, it was all just bullshit. There is no thoughtpolice, but since people are so insistent that there is, it doesn't matter.

It feels pretty shit being a right-leaning centrist right about now.

Steam is here to stay, and it's not like physical copies are coming back, nor is there anyone else in the business that can actually compete with them.

I'll put my credibility on the line here, and say that Dota 2 is the best game of all time. By "best game of all time", I refer to artistic and technical production, and gameplay design iteration (since Dota is arguably one of the most iterated upon computer game).

From a technological rendering standpoint, it's visuals may not be king, but the art assets, overall art direction, and particle effects are the best that I have ever seen. The most excellently, tastefully produced art that I have ever seen in a game.

The voice cast is the best I have ever heard, Dota 2 has Duke Nukem (Jon St. John), Cortana (Jen Taylor), Nathan Drake (Nolan North), the entire L4D cast, the entire Half-Life 2 cast, the entire Team Fortress 2 cast, and GlaDOS from Portal.

Let's actually get down to the gameplay. No two games I have ever played have felt similar to the point of feeling rote. Each and every hero in Dota 2 is distinctly different from another, offering a uniquely encapsulated experience with well-defined goals for every single playable character in Dota. Because every hero feels so profoundly unique, every game that I play of Dota 2 feels fundamentally different in a way that League of Legends is not able to reproduce.

I could go on, and on, but at this point I might as well just make a video essay. Also, I have some Dota to play. Dota 2 is seriously a game I could play ad-inifnitum, and never get tired of. Why bother with any other game?

Why speculate about other games in the genre, and other genres, when the best game ever made is already here?

People have suspected it for years but it took MIT to make it hard fact.

mad max was honestly my favourite game that i played this year. they fucking nailed it with this. good optimization, awesome car customization you can tell that they had people who actually know cars work on the car stuff in this, decent enough melee combat, and the first story in a long time where you're a simple man with simple motivation - they took your car and you're too much man for some pussy-ass V6, so go find a V8

god DAMN i loved that game

Top 10 brutal anime deaths

Yeah, that shit pissed me off.

For what?

Stupid fucking meme thread. You should be ashamed of yourself.

not in a hurry. I didnt even know SE didnt have SKSE.

I'm not getting a suit, I'm lifting and want to reach my natty apex before getting one, no use in fitting things if I'm trying to change body shape. Good taste though. I'm getting cologne and a workbench. It's funny how much I saved this year by every new release being shit, the only game I foolishly preordered was Deus Ex Mankind Divided. It was shit. This year has been abysmal, and all next year has for me is kickstarters being released. Oh and maybe touhou depending on the next game. If it's a fighter or phantasmagoria then I'm skipping it, although LoLK wasn't great, still it's not declined too far.

So user, what alternative hobbies are you looking into now vista is shit? Carpentry and running for me, and I'm hoping to start rock climbing when I get a car. It's weird being without vidya, but kind fun to do new things after years of games dropping in quality and me just keeping with it hoping for improvement.

Faggot

I play melee

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. Not perfect but it's a decent game.

Didn't they get additional funding through PayPal or something months after the kickstarter ended? I'm surprised we still didn't get Nega-Shantae after that.

The fuck do you mean by that?

No, it's a perfectly valid and sound complaint. You're just dismissing it because you disagree rather than attempting to make an intelligent counter-argument detailing how you came to that conclusion.

Morrowind

i think he meant zelda 2

Then you must go for the vega & altair next, and this is no good.

Yeah, Meowth is kinda bedroom eyes but not bad, Persian is just kill-it-with-fire, especially since it might have looked okay if, like the Meowth, it hadn't had a different head shape, eyes too should have stayed.

GTA is an American franchise set in America. That's the entire reason it's called GRAND Theft Auto. It's because the Grand Canyon is present in the country that it takes place in.

It was a damn good game user. Has its flaws of course, but it was one of my favorite games of last year as well. Getting into car battles while driving in first person is fun as fuck.

There's a yard sale in my neighborhood and a guy selling a bunch of cheap but normalfag used 360 games. Which is better for splitscreen fun, MW2 spec ops or BO1 Zombies (last CoD I played was WaW but I just only borrowed it from a relative so I don't really own it)?

BO1, mw2 has little splitscreen replayability.

You should buy hydrogen and a mask with that cash, then fucking kill yourself

They're all shit games and probably have so much shitty post processing and motion blur while running at a frame rate so low you can count individual frames the games are unplayable.
360 and ps3 don't have a single good game