Normal Pokemon Thread

You know what? Fuck it. We have 2 Full derp threads going and and no actual regular pokemon threads. Not exclusive to Sun and Moon

So fuck it good old fashion Pokemon thread.
Discussion/Trading/Battling thread.

Speaking of trading and yeah nigger I did make this fucking thread so I could get rid of this fucking thing.

I caught a fucking shiny Slowpoke randomly and didn't even realize it was shiny it's shit but fuck it. I'll trade that shit for a shiny Beldum. Sumo BTW

fun fact I was actually autisming for one shiny Beldum and it came up then struggled because I just wanted it in my premier ball. I even had a masterball but I wanted that goddamn fabulous sparkles.

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Regigigas_(Pokémon)#Biology
hastebin.com/kucohorivo.diff
twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/806027736846307328
chrisj-alejo.deviantart.com/art/Incineroar-403804602
nuggetbridge.com/blogs/entry/1391-a-history-of-japanese-competitive-pokemon-1996-and-1997/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Y tho?

which pokemon has the smelliest feet?

Because I said in the OP to trade pokemon and discuss things like user and his smelliest feet meme.

well user, answer my question

Shiny pokemon are always inherently shit.
It doesn't make sense why mons with perfect IVs aren't the shiny ones.

yeah but the esthetics are what count to autists.

This is true. The best Normal-type is Slaking.

please respond

This is the best normal-type.

Not a furry, but I really like Furret.

:3
wanna erp? I can be a furret for you

If there was a fucking game that had every region in it, where would be your starting one?

Pretty good.

No.
No

Best normal pokemon anyone who suggests otherwise is a liar and no matter what they say they're wrong and probably an jew as well.

I just got a shiny Drifblim shop in festival plaza, is that normal?

What can you buy there? Shiny Drifblims?

It's just a one star shop that ev trains two stats, Never noticed shops being any different so I was wondering if there was anything to it.

I'll gen anyone any pokémon if they ERP with me as said pokémon and let me lick its paws :3

from my understand it is a bot net. dont bully robots you know what happens

a-anyone?

WHO IS THE BEST REGI AND WHY IS IT REGI-FUCKING-GIGAS!?

The Regis are objectively the best legendary group

anything after gen 2 was fucking cancer

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Regigigas_(Pokémon)#Biology
oh man, i bet he has a magical workshop full of toys

Accidentally hit post early;
Black 2/White 2 > Heartgold/Soulsilver > Platinum > Emerald > FireRed/LeafGreen > Black/White > Crystal > Ruby/Sapphire > Gold/Silver > Yellow > Red/Blue/Green > Sun/Moon > OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire > Diamond/Pearl > X/Y

If it's your first shiny, boost his IVs with the (eventually Gold) Bottle Cap and train it decently to mark the opportunity. Unless you don't care, then throw it through WT

Can we include a little anime discussion here? /a/ literally deletes the threads and the only pokemon board we have is dead.

because he's Daidarabocchi
thats why he pulled continents with a rope

Not even Trump can compare to snuggable bros.

Yno

OY VEYYYYYY

NEVER EVER

Is not much, I just wanted to say… Sun and Moon anime looks like a hard reset, Ash is back to being an idiot, but since he is currently not travelling the series it taking quite the weird SoL tone.

Jigglypuff is Fairy type now, silly

Pure fairy?

No, to be fair.
Thought it was, but I looked it up and I was wrong.

it's normal/fairy, because a lot of sound moves are normal type

bui has effectively brought the pokemaniacs out of the woodwork

Thank fuck I still managed to capture it but still, this puddle of sweat I'm sitting in isn't fun.

I'm actually enjoying the SM anime, the only thing that annoys me is the fact that Ash and James look like shit.
Everyone else looks fine.
Maybe it's because I got so used to how they looked in XY?

Bewear is funny as fuck.

Got me there

Yeah, I mean, it is a nice change of pace, I would have preferred Team Rocket to stop trying to steal Pokemon though, I thought they were gone for good.

Which pokemon would you give a succ, Holla Forums?

>>>/gaschamber/

Pokemon don't have genitals

what's with you niggers using 2 the first two letters for this game?
r/b/y, g/s/c, b/w
sumo because some faggots decided s/m was inappropriate?
kill yourself, op

leave

Come on, dont be coy :3

Why is Lucario so proud of his power

The whole SuMo thing originated on plebbit.
Think I'm joking? Pic-related.

Quit being autistic

No! :^D

So I've found a pretty scummy combo for doubles:
hastebin.com/kucohorivo.diff

Pass the boost onto Celesteela, then get one of the Tapu's to Psych Up off it. If it's likely a check for Celesteea is gonna be used, just use the two Tapus instead.

Am I missing anything? A quick + powerful move that hits both foes at once would probably stop the set up, and I don't think there's anything that has re-direction and wide-guard.

relies way too much on eevee not dying

Why the S/M starters are so slow?

Pretty sure 95% of the new Pokémon are slow, not just the starters.

I've yet to see it happen.
Clefairy redirects everything with Follow Me, and by the time Eevee gets it's boost, it has 2x Def and Sp.Def, so even if Clefairy dies turn 1, it will probably get the boost off.

Unless it gets hit by powerful Rock Slide/Discharge/etc that can't be redirected.

Why is the entire Alola dex so slow?
Why did they allow the Tapus and UBs into VGC 2017?
Why did they make Hau such a faggot?
Who knows?

A-at least there aren't any genies.

I wonder, why just now there are pokemons whose names are now 2 words?

Because Hawaii is fat and lazy, so everything from there is slow
Don't know what VGC2017 s
Because he's the spoiled son of the kahuna And the player character is the rival

Why is the entire Alola dex so fuggable?

Make Trick Room more varied/viable?
Do they have more Priority moves?

But yeah, Hau is a bit too friendly. Like the game as a whole.

Barrien in Japan, that is, now even in Japan they use 2 words, not just a Mr. or something like that.

This. I accidentally got a team of furbait and I'm not sure how to feel about that
I can't be arsed to level something new until I beat the elite four/whatever alola has but…

Make it work.
Prove it can be a decent team and not just fur-bait.

Besides, why let others ruin it for you?

I think Rowlet is the better starter- but you're not gonna drop Litten because I said it.

No I'm still rolling with the team, just that it's weird with it's 90% furbait.

I wanna fuck Litten

This. Those faggots need to fuck off.

You know what's shitty?
There is no and will never be a Pokemon game where you can legitimately have the chance to obtain ever Pokemon without the need to outside-game influence like trading or events

Lycanroc is mechanically pretty shitty in his midnight form, he's fragile, yet his signature is counter.

Midday Lycanroc has potential as a sweeper with access to his unique Accelerock and Swords Dance, but there's honestly better mons out there.

Here's a couple of good ones that are outside of the Grass/Fire/Water triangle.

Mimikyu, Ribombee, Mudsdale, Palossand and Drampa, Bewear,

Inside the GFW triangle
Dhelmise, Tsareena, Salazzle, Bruxish, Wishiwashi, Shiinotic, Aranaquid (only with Water Bubble), Toxapex, Golisopod, Turtonator and the starters, which are actually very good.

No, the first one is the best. The others are pretty awful.

Midnight Form is pretty good in Battle Tree Singles. But that's about all it's good for, which is a shame since it has 100% accuracy Stone Edge.

Get me a voltorb.

looks like f2p mmo

wow user you're so original

Sonic fans aren't nearly as obnoxious. And I hate sonic fans.

God damn I want to agree with you. On paper B2/W2 was pretty much a straight upgrade to B/W, however, in doing so, it completely shat on what B/W Built

Black/White throwing you into the deep end and letting you work out what pokemon is good or not? Nah, Black2/White2 allows you to use what you know works and ignore the new pokemon.

Team Plasma is a morally ambiguous team under the guise of Animal Activism, who behind closed doors is a cruel and corrupt team. Nah Black2/White2 just makes them into total dicks for no reason

Cheren, Bianca and N go through the Story to answer their own personal questions about life and the world around them, and, as a result, grow from their experience. Hugh on the other hand goes through the story to find a cat that was stolen 2 years ago. He unleashes his rage.

I want two electroboes and an alolan exeggutorb

Please, do feel free to actually formulate an argument explaining why I'm wrong instead of pissing your diaper and shitposting instead

Post your Pokeniggas, lads. What journeys did they follow you through? Why are they special to you?

One of the hardest fights in the game, especially if you go there early. The worst part is that you have to sit through an unskippable cutscene and then a conversation before you fight him, so if you die you gotta do all that shit over.

This, fighting Pomfret on hard was the hardest shit

Filling my Alola Dex before Pokémon Bank, and boy did I have a fun time getting those trade evolutions. Things like Alakazam and Machamp are fine, but then you have item trades. Naturally, everyone has the previous form deposited with their trade item, asking for the evolved form…except if anyone had the evolved form in the first place, they would already have it, and thus have no reason to trade it. We have this situation because you can't specify things you want like nature or held item, in which case everyone would just trade the pokémon holding the correct items with each other with no problem. Still, I found a way around this. There is a trade evolution that can be found in the wild: Politoed. You just have to go to Malie Garden at night and find a Poliwag first. Switch in a Drizzle Pelipper holding the Damp Rock to call in rain, then switch to a strong False Swipe pokémon to trigger an SOS battle…and grind for hours. I had to shuffle around my entire team during this process just to stall enough PP without wasting a bunch more time/turns farming/using leppa berries. I had to switch back to my Pelipper frequently to retrigger the rain and wait for the turn to finish, and I swear these poliwags love to wait for the rain to expire before calling for another ally, and I had to remember to faint the caller occasionally and whittle down its replacement to prevent the caller from struggling itself to death. That's how long this took - and it took several attempts from scratch because I had to break off and make it night time again if it was about to reach dawn.
Finally, finally, the Politoed shows up. I faint the caller Poliwag. I forget what the Politoed does this turn - nothing of significance. Then I switch out to my False Swipe pokémon. Politoed uses Hypnosis and hits. It's at full health, but I throw a ball at it so I don't have to mess with the sleep status. It breaks out easy. And then do you know what this cheeky son of a bitch does? It uses Perish Song. I'm sure you can guess what happened next.
Three turns.
Three dusk balls.
The last one breaks.
Politoed faints.
Granted, I could have handled that better. I should have gone straight for Awakening, False Swipe, and bet everything on my next dusk ball, but with my luck I imagined it would just use Hypnosis successfully right away, and I didn't want to spend a single turn on something that wasn't a ball after spending all that time. I finally got lucky enough to catch a Politoed later, but goddamn. This was the second one I had to catch, since everyone was asking for Politoed instead of the Slowking for which I traded my first one. At least when you have a Politoed it's like a golden goose for getting the other trade evolutions. Like I mentioned before, most people would do something like deposit a Slowpoke holding a King's Rock and ask for Slowking, but the few people who deposited Slowking might ask for something like Politoed, which is what I traded. Once I used that method to get things like Milotic and Magmortar, I decided to be nice and chain trade the evolved forms I got for the previous forms holding trade items, just so more people wouldn't have to go through grinding for motherfucking Politoed.
And that's my essay for the day.

how do you bear good?

I like all the interactions you can do in the new Pokemon Refresh thing. They removed that shitty face recognition game from Amie and replaced it with loads of little easter eggs. My favourite is if you catch Buzzwole sleeping it'll wake up and quickly start posing, hoping you didn't see it slacking off

Gen 2's first E4 member beat the shit out of my team when I thought I was good because I beat the last gym leader. It's gen 2 sprite looks fucking badass too, like some ancient sagely parrot. I found the patch of grass in the Ruins of Alph by myself and though I had made some massive discovery, then kept a Xatubro throughout gen 2 and 3.
I'm ashamed to say I haven't tried it much outside gen 3, because it's later sprites and model look kinda off. Also it's XY flying animation looks stupid. From what I've seen it's more technical, with access to Guard Swap and other tricky moves.

I thought it was shit at first, but then I looked it up. Frisk as a regular ability seemed shit, but then I realized it learns Thief. Shadow Tag was unavailable in gen 5 but with it's release in XY people started doing amazing strategies with it. It's stats aren't anything special but it's movepool and ability let you do all sorts of clever things, such as forcing Truant onto the enemy with Entrainment Durant and then locking the enemy in, and boosting when they can't attack.
I always try to have a physical one with Frisk, and the moves Powerup Punch, Thief, Rock Slide and Thunder Wave. It's a really weird setup but I've managed to get some surprised looks from people I sweep with it. Frisk + Thief is also invaluable for heart scale farming, and getting other things off wild pokemon.

Well, I can't quite remember the post at this point, but I think it was something about you propositioning me for ERP, and it was more explicit than the other guy asking to lick paws.

I feel this is inappropriate for this thread, given that the OP asked for the thread to be "normal", and that there are much better venues, even on this site, to pursue this topic.

My diaper is piss-free, how dare you.

wanna erp

Any game that advertises itself as "over 100 hours of gameplay!" is sure to overstay its welcome.

Regis are the best hidden secret in a pokemon game and the worst legendary trio.

Is there any kind of database for all the walking animations found in Sun/Moon? Google just gives me every news site ever reporting on it.

Regigigas was the last Pokémon that had a "clever puzzle" to capture it in my opinion.

Oh, you got to the bottom of Snowpoint Temple faggot?
Well tough shit nigger, you need something else to battle Regigigas.

Well, them be morally ambigous would make no sense. Also, there are 2 team Plasma. Original and Neo. Original follows N and actually care about the Pokemon, Neo follows Ghetsis and probably knew that the whole "liberate your Pokemon" was a sham since day 1.

Looks more like GTAV and MGSV had a baby

wow

Not quite. It stills needs a more diverse roster, better weight-class balancing, and traditional Battle Mode before it can be the best.

With that having been said, I love this game and still play it.

Do. She's not an irritating cunt.

It's good that they're supporting the Pro so heavily, but all I need is that 60fps, game looked nice enough for me in Action mode. Having both settings is a great idea though, I heard they plan on doing it for all their games in the future.

Is Super Mario Run just one big sophisticated ad for the Mario franchise like Pokemon Go was for Pokemon Sun/Moon?

FTFY :^)

Alola is slow. They take everything way too easy

So despite focusing on the double format, GF makes the trainers use pokemon built for singles only.

can I get some of that sauce

Who should I fap to?
Pic unrelated

Which Pokemon would you hug?
Pics related its my list.

please erp with me

Beat the elite four, slowly getting around to doing the UB and tapus.

Will probably save the mons on someone else's copy and then wipe the save and start over.

Or maybe ill just play blazeblack since I never did B/W.

Plane dragons were designed for cuddling and non-lewd acts.

Because no one does doubles except one or two fags that will surely come and say "i play doubles"

Muk

I wanna hug mimikyu.
At least you're able to play without being worried about "muh competitiveness"

Latias a cute.

What are you in the mood for?

Hypertraining, does it mean I can have 6iv without needing to spend hours breeding? Just get the pokemon with the nature I need then I can have a perfect mon for competitive?

I heard it's only superficial ivs and affects only battling but is there any downside to hypertraining?

It does not change the IVs, so the type of hidden power stays the same no matter what. The IVs cannot be passed down, but the stats of the pokemon you used the caps on are effectively 31.

Nebby is for bag, not for fug

Do you need lvl 100 for hyper training?

that's essentially all I care about, as long as they are effectively perfect iv in battle.
I mean I spent nearly 200 hours in x/y breeding a team and since I cant transfer them until jan this will tide me over for now

Yes

It should work. My concern is if it can carry over by transferring to another game. The best way to get gold bottlecaps would be rare treasure hunting on pelago.

Also just keep in mind the hidden power thing if you were planning on using a specific one.

So Vikavolt's so slow, he's late to his own trial? And Vikavolt's so slow he doesn't evolve until the last fucking island?

I should just kill myself.

already have around 7 gold bottle caps and completed the pokedex, so now i'm just bredding a team to cheese the cheating cunts in battle tree and royal

Do it, all your pokebros are waiting for you.

thats one puffy vulva

boy are you in for a disappointment, depending on how not gay you are.

What?

Some girls just have huge vagoos it seems.
My "first time" the girl was just huge, and I failed to break her hymen in any way, shit was so dark too. I just gave up and went home sad

Best cover legendary.

HAHA DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE JOKE IS THAT THE CHARACTER IN FACT HAS A PENIS AND NOT A VAGINA AND THE LUMP YOU CALL A PUFFY VULVA IS ACTUALLY HIS SCROTUM LMAO

What's the best place to learn how to breed and competitively battle? I've just never been interested until now.

How'd you enjoy all those event exclusives that you'd have to be a time traveler to get a hold of?

I get around.

Since I'm just waiting on Marshadow and the bank update, I've got nothing left to do in the game. I just want to try something new.

One out of 3 was alright, but I'd really have liked that clown.

Calm down

damn, ballio's mega or whatever looks even fucking better

Those look way 100x better then what we actually got

not a meme, some of us honestly wanted ballio to be real. everything about it is far better then that absolutely forgettable, waifu bait, shitmon that we got.

Some people honestly wanted hillary to win too, and those people are retards.

Saved all these.

It sucks that PokeMMO died and is nothing but Spanish speakers now.

I signed in this week and not a single English chat message popped up for 5 minutes.

Sounds to me like folk need to branch off from Pokemon and make their own type, relate-able but unique.

anyone else remember pikachu having a black tip on his tail?

You're just as retarded as the other guy.

That's a cosplay pikachu thing.

ah, so I am not losing my grip on reality. good.
I thought shit was about to get /x/ in here

Resetting for a contrary snivvy is as tedius as ever, what are you guys up to?

yeah, ballio was too good for this world

That's still around? I stopped playing it 4 years ago. It was shit then, so what happened recently?

Wondering why they didn't make Jangmo-o available earlier in the game. What's the point of being able to catch one in the wild that's already high enough level to be its final form? Why not just have wild Kommo-o roaming around Poni Canyon?

There's a bunch of pokes like that, it's pretty bewildering.

Basically what you need to do is play, catch the pokes you want, breed low level ones, then transfer them to a fresh game.

I was equally disappointed when I found out you couldn't get Sandshrew until the elite 4.

You can get them before po town user.

This fucker probably pulled through the most out of any of the other eleven pokemon I regularly used, MVP of the entire game. Is it normal to start fighting the elite four at level 48

But that is close enough I guess and far too late.

Really? Shit, I thought you could only get them from mount lanakila.

Nope, right at the grass patch to the left of the pokemon center near the acerolla's ghost house.

You can view all of them for yourself here twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/806027736846307328

Now I remember.

The final battle is going to fucking ream your asshole.

Pic related. Picked the shiny version because of the nicer colors.
Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Soulsilver, White 2, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
A friend of mine was tourneyfagging during Gen 3, and paid me to join him through a tourmanent because reasons. I ended up going there with a mono-water team running around Gyarados and Starmie. And Starmie decimated nearly the whole tourmanent because no one played it there despite it working so well.

I laughed.

Work back on it. Since your bros have disappeared, it's up to you to go and fetch them again. Oh, and little story that happened to me to motivate you.
Two shiny Shuppets. One of these with the same sex and nature as the one that was inside the cartridge that was stolen to me.

That it did. While I was able to level to 51 during the league thanks to the elite four being nearly ten levels higher than me, I still had to pull nearly every type of item and strategy out of my asshole to do it. And even then I only barely won. Seems like my strategy to avoid being overleveled worked too well.

Anime mimikyu is best mimikyu.

The only issue is if you want 0 IVs in anything (for Trick Room or to avoid Foul Play), as there is nothing to make an IV 0.

Where Pokes are distributed feels very last minute.
Not to mention most of the teams only having 2 Pokes. Like Guzma having only 2 bugs. Why not Honchkrow like other Team Bosses so far? why not Araquanid?
Or how the big new feature of Alolan Pokemon- is only like 8 or so Pokemon. We got 10+ Megas in XY, and another 10 in ORAS.

I wonder if the game was rushed to cash in on Pokemon Go's success before it's appeal truely died out.

I hope modders bring back Ballio

That said, I've been having fun building/planning to build teams with particular aesthetics to them. Just finished the teams for the starters, and am trying to figure out the ideal "Relic Hutner" team.

A lot of the bullshit distribution is also left to LOL 1% or LOL 5% encounter rates and SOS in weather shit.

Me too.

let's be honest here, isn't that the same thing after enough time?

True, but the motivation is different. Lonely bitter mimikyu is powered by everyone loving pikachu more. Whereas anime mimikyu is fueled simply by "Fuck pickachu" and probably is one of the few faries that does faeries well.

That is actually great.

Du u liek Mudkipz?!?

Who is best girl and why is it Hapu

You will never Hapu, she is busy enjoying the muscle beasts on her ranch.

You spelled Acerola wrong, buddy.

Dubserola is cute.

That Tauros one looks super cuddle-able.

What would it take for someone to trade me a jolly Kartana? I don't care much for the other details as long as it's jolly and not nicknamed.

From what I've seen, the Sun/ Moon metagame is much worse too. These two games are the peak of the series for me. Looking at the pokemon they made for gen 5, most of them look like fan fiction. Battles in the 3D games also look like they take forever.

I don't understand the complaint about the 1%/5% rates, its like you didn't play gen 1 that had plenty of low %. Even the more bullshit ones like Corsla/Mareanie and Dratini can be soft reset on the bubbling spots that jump the 1% to 20%.

This is a game for preteen children.

And?

So is this board. But god damn if I want to talk about a game for preteen children, I'm gonna own it.

Almost the only people who say this are teenagers trying to be adults.

While this isn't in context of when user was implying, it does seem like certain mechanics(such as breeding) are deliberately designed to be unappealing in an effort to punish older players.

How many kids do you know that are able to play the game for more than 10-20 minutes at a time let alone grind eggs? It's only anecdotal but the only ones I've met that do that are adults and the system seems tailored to punish them with immense tedium.

Mother fucker, I played until my batteries died as a kid. I spent hours trying to catch all 150.If you think we weren't autistic about these games as kids, then you have no understand of where you are.

Yeah the battles do take forever. It seems like even with battle animations turned off it's still just too much shit and the pauses are too long. That said I really really really enjoyed the single player part of Sun/Moon, and I think they're by far the best 3D Pokemon games yet made.

Platinum was the best 2D game, with HG/SS being a victory lap for nostalgiafags. B/W are tied with OR/AS for being the biggest piles of shit in the franchise.

You're a fucking idiot.

B/W were so bad I nearly gave up on the entire franchise for good, and ended up skipping B2/W2 completely.

Great, you have shit taste, nobody cares.

I started watching the anime from the beginning on the side while I do other stuff about a month ago. I'm at Episode 270 now, please help me.

ORAS was my first pokemon since R/B and I had a good time with it, I skipped B/W and played moon.

Going back and emulating blazeblack and having a good time of it.

When you obsess over a series the smallest problems start to seem unbearable.

Ex-fucking-actly. The only people who dislike Pokemon games are hyper autists.

There is a lot of complicated math behind pokeballs and catch rates.

Would you prefer if they just made it a button mashing contest?

Can Pokemon relearn forgotten egg moves or are they gone forever once forgotten?

Yes

Why does the game using math that you never have to see or deal with make you want to get rid of it? Do you know that the inside of your video game machine has a computer that does all the math automatically, on the fly, when you press the "throw Pokeball" button?

Because using button inputs to influence the game is more intuitive? Button combos to improve catch rates has been a thing since the very beginning despite not actually being real. Why not legitimize it? The mathematical method of catching a pokemon is also heavily RNG reliant and even without luck playing a factor why is it reasonable to have encounters that require an average of 20-40 pokeballs to capture Even under ideal circumstances?

Why yes user, playing the game is more intuitive than having it play itself.

Taking your greentext logic to the extreme you may as well pick your pokemon and then let the game do the battle for you.

Battle Palace

That does not sound appealing at all. Coming back to the original question of why, I'd prefer more interactivity and not less.

One of Pokemon's most overlooked advantages is that you can play it even if you're disabled. If you had a horrible accident and lost all your fingers you could still play Pokemon games just fine. That's why Twitch Plays Pokemon was so successful.
Adding a button mashing segment to catch pokemon would make the game impossible to play for loads of people.

Fair enough.

If you want to "interact" with a game that lets you throw Pokeballs just play Pokemon Go and see how well that works out.

H-How bad does it get?

Why is Misty so sexy?.

Why can I catch a Gyarados in Sun and Moon?

Wasn't the entire point of Gyarados that you had to put up with that damn idiot fish?

The joke got old? They stopped giving a fuck?

I'm not far from the end of Johto, so I assume it's going to get pretty bad pretty quickly. I'm "watching" it dubbed since there's no way I'd be able to multitask and read subtitles. There's some cringe up until this point, but not nearly as much as I expected. It really tickles my 'tism that they actually seemed like they started to care about not censoring out any hint of Japanese culture after the infamous jelly donut scene but then they go right back to calling riceballs donuts again the next season and never seem to let up from that point on. Apparently it doesn't get so bad as to drive you to suicide until Black & White starts, but I'll see how long I last once Misty's gone. I stopped watching as a kid right in the middle of the first Hoenn season, so I'm hoping to at least finish that before quitting.

You can catch a wild Gyarados in nearly every game, you faggots.

The BW anime was so shit. The animation was garbage, too much filler, Iris, the fucking bullshit they pulled with not airing the Plasma vs Rocket episodes because "muh earthquake", and of course one of Ash's dumbest league losses, but of course THAT got overshadowed by the XY anime league.

That's no fun. Why isn't fun allowed?

I thought the XY league was ruined because they brought back the B/W writers for the final two episodes of the last fight.

Fun is allowed, just fucking catch a Magikarp, you fucking autist.

I stopped watching sometime around the orange islands and I don't honestly remember where that was along the timeline.

I like the low HP music in black.

Sandwiched between Kanto and Johto. That's why the second movie took place there. It was padding while GF was working on gen 2.

Ash will never win, thats the point. He wants to be a pokemon master, but cannot accomplish this task, if you want it you need to play the game and surpass him yourself.

They're advertisements for the game, nothing less nothing more.

But at least we know who wins the Ash bowl.

please respond
I've been looking around and it seems a jolly Kartana, or any UB with a good nature, is good for one of these apricorn balls since you only get one of each per cart. I'm okay with this since I don't participate in advanced balltism, and on top of that, I'll also offer a Buzzwole (Adamant, JPN language) or Pheremosa (Jolly) holding one of them.

I'm sorry for your lots user.

is there a reliable unban yet?

But balltism is half the game! It's not enough to catch a rare pokemon, half the fun is catching them in the perfect pokeball that suits their design perfectly, even if it takes 100 throws!

Joking mostly, it's a fun thing I like to try for but a pokemon isn't "ruined" if it's caught in a different ball than what I wanted

I can unban myself, but one of my 3DSs is in repair and I'm lazy. A non shit way to do it would be nice

The best nature for kartana is actually timid

you got a problem, buckwheat?

As I said I've started a blazeblack run, which is incidentally my first play through of B/W at all.

Holy shit the foreheads on these people.

The extent of my balltism is only for having regular Pokeballs or beast balls for every Pokemon/UB I'm actually going to use. I prefer the matching designs and the default is my favorite.

-Atk on a thing that has monstrous base Atk?

I'm actually being 100% serious btw. Let's see if you're smart enough to figure out why.

I started insisting on pokeballs on all mons, but I've started to branch out recently.

NO.FUCKING.WAY.

The size(s) of that automated staircase is cracking me up.

It's an analogy for Ash's dick

It looks like it keeps the same size to me.

What kind of team do you have planned?

cute. I don't remember pokemon being like this when I watched it over 15 years ago.

So what are you doing to make Wonder Trade less of a shitmon-filled wastehole? I like to Wonder Trade lvl 25 Haunters I've taught Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, and Thunderbolt. Hopefully they'll make someone's day. Also all of them are nicknamed DICKS

I'm breeding a fuckton of pokemon you only get at the end of the game, or ones that are harder to get. I'm going to WT them all around Christmas.
I intend to have a good 5 or 6 boxes ready at least. Already got a box of Dhelmise

I'm not gonna lie, I fucking HATED this guy when I was first playing the games, in R\B he actually kinda freaked me out.
It wasn't until I started playing Stadium that I suddenly realized how fucking good Barrier and Light Screen were that I started to see his potential, and he was a staple on any of my teams on the cup and Gym challenges and he since made his way to my normal games.
Shit, the addition of Fairy typing just made him all the better with the new movepool allows him to fuck Dragons too.

He may still look like a creepy fucking gnome, but he is undeniably my nigga.

I got a box full of moist Rowlets, I guess. Still haven't used Wonder Trade at all yet.

Don't use wondertrade
If you like trading breedjects there are better places to do it without getting ripped off and waste your time

I'm not sure honestly, with all the pokemon available(which is all I've ever really wanted from a pokemon game) I realize it will be tempting to just use the same old team.

Using contrary snivvy right now, gonna pickup a beedrill for sure. I always use haunter so i'm gonna avoid it for maybe a hypno or mismagus. Will give alakazam a break in favor of maybe a gardevoir.

I'm not wholly familiar with the new pokes of B/W so I'm not totally sure what I'll even come across.

I've been sending out a few things.

I might use zubat since I've never tried out her new third form.

I have a lot of Adamant and Jolly Mimikyu, some Snow Warning, Timid Vulpix with Moonblast, a few Jolly Beldum, and some Bold Triage Comfey breedjects that I've been periodically sending up into Blunder Trade.
The Vulpixes even come in Moon Balls.

I recently got a Rough Skin Gible and a Japanese Gible with 4 perfect IVs, so I guess the next step is to make some shiny Gibles for all of the Garchomp fans out there.

You are aware of Aurora Veil, right? It makes setting up screens that much faster.

New? Crobat has existed since GSC, and that was a decade and a half ago.

You have a lot more patience that I ever had.

I did send out a bunch of bred starters and some haunters though.

Best I ever got was a nice A'vulpix.

In moon that is. In ORAS I got a shiny level 100 bisharp with assault vest. I assumed it was hacked and sent it back.

It's not about getting ripped off. It's about doing something nice for someone.

Sent in that order
Threads were fun to make,despite the complainers.

If there were males in the lot, I got one. Still, thanks.

TEN. THOUSAND. TIMES. THIS.

lol

This is why I never use anything I get from Wonder Trade outside of breeding

Fixed that for you.

Thanks

I'm the one giving away nice things only for fags like you to give japanese abras in return and spit in my face because muh morals. Unappreciative fucks like you are the reason people don't do nice things.

Zubat is like one of teh top tier mons when you evolve him to crobat, and Gen 7 only made him better since Leech Life went from 20 to 80 power, now he's a fucking hugely fast sweeper who like usualy but can now murder Psychics (one of his few weaknesses) and HEAL HIMSELF WHILE DOING IT.

Leech Life, Acrobatics, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray, this motherfucker can compete with the fucking best and kill the rest.

Little cutie is a terror in a fight.

Speaking of which,
ONE BOX OF COSMOGS DOWN THE WONDER DRAIN

You're severely overestimating what crobat is capable of. You also fail to understand the difference between a competitively bred zubat and something caught in the wild 2 minutes before hitting WT.

I haven't had the patience to bother with any of that either so yes, patience.

oh hey, more good trading fodder.

i'm gonna keep one for pokemon refresh he a cute

That he is

I also caught some female wishiwashis and named them 'schoolgirl' before WT'ing them.

You can get nearly anything from the GTS by dropping either Solgaleo or Lunala and asking for it, so I'd say you can't get better trading fodder.

Wonder Trade should have been limited to one Pokemon per day

Fucking WHAT

I dropped an alolan sandshrew on gts asking for a buzzwole and actually got it.

Normally I'm against sending out shit you just caught in the wild, but amusing nicknames makes it acceptable.

Better yet, give an option to rate who you trade with and you only get matched with people with similar rating. Or hell, just prevent retrading.

Have you literally not been paying attention at all?

I'd have limited WT by tiers. You send shit, you get shit, you send nice things, you get nice things.

Not really, no

Is anybody making progress in the Battle Tree? I'm using Kartana and Gengar, with a token third 'mon. Kartana solos most teams, and what he doesn't kill gets cleaned up by Gengar. I haven't made it to the end yet, mainly because I don't have a third guy to fall back on. Any suggestions?

???

Most, not all. He and Gengar are glass cannons, so I'd like something to switch into if I think the other guy is gonna be 2fast

Yeah it's fucking insane. Mimikyuu and Incineroar can both learn it too. It went from one of the worst to one of the best HP absorbing skills in the game.

So literally anything tanky with either a decent attacking stat or a slow u-turn/volt switch.

my sweet summer child
chrisj-alejo.deviantart.com/art/Incineroar-403804602

No, but looking it up it's etter for an Ice Team while Mr. Nigga can be put anywhere, so while that's good and all especially with the Z move version I'll stick with my weird fuckclown.

The fuck is this supposed to prove exactly?

Araquanid is pretty tanky, and Water Bubble makes Liquidation hit like a truck. Shiinotic is the new Amoongus, and it learns Strength Sap which heals you and debuffs the opponent's attack. Skarmory, Chansey, Metagross, and Clefable continue to exist.

Actually come to think about it I've always liked the look of vespiquen, I just don't know where to find one.

Absolutely disgusting.

Been sending dratinis, starters, eevees and soon to be Drampas. Haven't really got anything that interesting back outside a Kartana, I haven't done the ultra beast stuff yet since I've been mostly working on the pokedex.

Fuck everything about the SoS Politoed.

I'd go with Metagross on that list, if only for the chance to go Mega on opponents' asses.

Wait the Bank for that one on SM.

that translators have to look up to 2013 fake pokemons to give a name to gaogaen in english
fucking hack frauds
look at the date that picture was made

You're pretending to be stupid as a joke, right?

Yes!
YES!
Wait, wha-
NO!

DID THEY LEARN NOTHING FROM THE TOURNAMENTS WHERE HALF OF EVERYONE'S TEAM WAS IDENTICAL TO EVERYONE ELSE'S?

Competitive pokemon is a joke and anybody who takes it seriously is massively autistic or a child

Could be worse. At least this time people only have to SR for natures, and that's relatively easy with Abras being so prevalent. Besides, banning legendaries doesn't automatically diversify the meta.

I like watching the videos though.

Actually VGC 2017 is turning out to be pretty varied. You have weather wars and Terrain wars happening at the same time. The general slowness of the Alolan dex including non-new Pokemon leads to more bulky Pokemon getting play and Trick Room being more of a thing. The only UB seemingly being used seriously is Celesteela and both the UBs and Tapu Keks are easily taken down by other Pokemon.

See this is a pretty good varied top cut. Only a few Pokemon getting repeats. And once Pokemon Bank opens up it'll get more varied as Pokemon will get access to egg moves and other moves.

UBs and tapus honestly aren't that bad. You may end up seeing 1 tapu on every team, but all 4 of them are good so it's not like you'll always be seeing the same 1 or 2. As for UBs, they have lower BST than pseudos and generally are just generically good pokemon that all have some exploitable flaw and none are broken except pheremosa.

The fuck
Is this doubles or something?

Yes you moron.

If an evolved poke has multiple abilities that are different from it's first forms, what determines which ability it will get on evolution?

VGC is traditionally in a doubles format

That's way more Porygon2s than I was expecting.

Double battles are much more interesting anyway

It doesn't say VGC anywhere on the image and a lot of people don't give a shit about doubles.

Abilities are flagged as either 1, 2 or H (hidden). When a pokemon evolves/changes form/whatever it changes the ability to whatever is in the same slot. For example, an alolan meowth with pickup will always evolve into a persian with fur coat since these are the abilities in slot 1, while technician will always stay as technician because it's in slot 2.

They're always consistent with each other, e.g. Feebas with Oblivious will always evolve into Milotic with Competitive, Swift Swim->Marvel Scale, and so on.

Official competitive Pokemon tournaments have NEVER had varied teams.
nuggetbridge.com/blogs/entry/1391-a-history-of-japanese-competitive-pokemon-1996-and-1997/

Actually now that I remember that there's no move tutor for Knock Off in S&M Porygon 2 would be much harder to get rid of. An effect that powerful should probably be more of a niche thing anyway.

I've only been paying attention for the last week or so and that's just watching videos of past tournaments.

It wasn't TOO varied but there was variation until ORAS came out and every team had a Kyogre, Groudon, or both and a Power Herb Geomancy Xerneas with Mega Kangeskhan picking up the slack

Yeah, that's what happens when they say "you can use basically anything", everyone picks all the overpowered ones.

It wouldn't have been so bad if the Mega evolutions for the Hoenn trio didn't work differently from every other mega evolution for no reason. But Gamefreak never goes back and fixes mistakes so they're still the same now.

was specifically talking about VGC you dumbass

Except they have, the Nintendo Cup was just bad because it was Gen 1. VGC 2014 was pretty varied because it was Kalos dex only AND most save editors hadn't been made yet, aside from Powersaves garbage.

The fact that they took 3 of the most powerful pokemon in the game and gave then massive stat boosts is plenty bad as it is.

Yeah why the fuck was Primal Reversion not counted as Mega Evolving when it's functionally identical?

Because they weren't functionally identical, dumbass.

It would been fine if primals counted as megsa so it wasn't mandatory to take at least one + Rayray, most end up taking all 3. But gotta keep the cover mons lookin strong.

I think the Tapu/UB era will be much more entertaining.

Oh I'm sorry

You're right, altering a pokemon mid-battle through use of an item in order to change its graphic, grant stat boosts and new abilities is COMPLETELY different to Mega Evolving because it's automatic instead of triggered by the player

My mistake.

Yes, you just explained how it was different, not to mention in story they mention WHY it's different.

Short Hair is Fucking Disgusting

What about this gem?
It's stats btw are
I know this is supposed to be the mascot Uber but holy shit.

it actually looks pretty cool

This offer still stands if anyone's interested.

Pls hackanon

End this user's suffering.

Don reave user-kun!

eye rike u!

Why are you asking for someone else?

Lapse in judgement while I hunt for mons with good natures?

I love how these bullshit abilities can be countered with trace, the guys who make them never seem to think about that.
It could be much worse. I know an autist who keeps insisting GF should make a move that can wipe out the enemy's team and delete the target's save data on hit.

I would still appreciate a genned one as long as it's legal.

Blazeblack has provided me with an absolute plethora of early normal types to choose from and I can't give them all my love.

I've got a meowth, a lillipup, and a Zigzagoon vying for my attention and I'm having choosing one(even though it's likely I'll box them later as the team fills up). Leaning towards the zigzagoon, but the lillipup is an item generator, and the meowth is a dosh generator. The goon itself is quite tanky.

Put some random bullshit up on GTS asking for one. Just tell me exactly what you put up and exactly what you want and I'll get to it later. Worst case is some random person takes your random shitmon and you waste like 2 seconds of your life.

Didn't see this 'til just now, sorry for any delay.
I put up a Lv.52 Zubat (F), message is "I want to trade for a Pokemon that will help me with my adventure."

I had everything ready to hyper train it after grinding it to L100, which is why I was only concerned with its nature, but if you're going to gen it, this was my goal (for doubles):

Kartana
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

6IVs, leave it unnamed, trainer ID and related stuff can be anything since I'm on a Moon cart. Many thanks in advance, there's no rush.

What ball you want? Defaulting to beast ball if you take too long.

Pokeball preferred, but beast ball is also 100% okay if I didn't respond fast enough

Oh, nice, it was already traded. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

A happy ending.

Meanwhile, I normally don't give a fuck but I've been gripped by some EV based autism. My team throughout any given pokemon adventure I pay little attention to in terms of EV's but on this run I'm giving it some thought. It's pretty aggravating and I don't know how long I can keep it up. Makes me realize how nice it was to have the super training minigames in ORAS.

EVs and IVs don't matter at all for the story. Natures sure, but there's no need to minmax when the game isn't all that hard.

Normally this is true, but I hear blaze black turns shit up later on.

So far it's been quite nice facing trainers that actually have more than one poke.

and it's learnable

BY TM

And it's pretty much the first physical drain too, so physical mons now actually have way more options.

Note that leech life is basically your pokemon drinking the other pokemon's blood. Incineroar goes HARD in the paint for his Heel persona.

Drain punch was a tm in gen 4. Gen 6 also introduced horn leech.
Yet he can't learn knock of or parting shot.

So why is Lillie best girl?

You don't watch wrestling man.

She's the freebie you get for playing. Being Aryen also helps. I wonder if they are gonna canonize Hau pursuing her. Uf he does there is always Acerola and her awesome uncle.

Also now that I have access to the dreamyard, I could use a ralts like I did in ORAS which proved to be fantastic, or try out a drowsee. Decisions decisions.

Also it could be due to the emulator being at a weird resolution but I coulda sword that spinda had huge lips.

Houndour/Houndoom would probably be mine, but I'm trying to breed one in X so I can start it from level 1 instead of in the low 20s.
It just doesn't feel right to import pokemon from other games.

The main members of my current team are vespiquen, tyrunt, gogoat, and a fucking dunsparce.
Am I bad at pokeymans?

No, because that would be heresy before RNGesus.

Dismiss.

>>>/suicide/

HOLY SHIT

Nothing wrong with a team like that. Only issue would be fire types fucking you up if you aren't careful.
Dunsparce is great with the right setup. He's a right pain to fight when people combine the effects of Serene Grace, King's Rock, Attract, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray and flinch inducing moves.

I would have to say my all time pally'ol'mally has got to be my Meganium "Herby' from HeartGold, but now I've got a Alola Nigga who is Alolan Grimer "Sludger" and Minior who bailed me out of so many bad situations.

Where the fuck have you been the last 17 years? That's right, 17 years. Children who were born the year Gold/Silver came out will be old enough to shitpost on imageboards within the next year. Assuming they aren't already.

Sounds pretty recent.

im assuming this is in game and not mmd or anything like that.

Just received a Solgaleo nicknamed Leomon through WT. I'll probably copy it and send some on my own since I found it funny.

the post

Whoever decided to make certain pokemon SOS battle exclusive needs to be shot

It can be a pain in the ass depending on how the rng is feeling. Just use the GTS, once you get one trade evo you can start chain trading for pretty much anything you're missing.

If you still need I'm about to breed a couple of them right now.

I'm good now, I managed to get a Castform and then got a Gible off the GTS.

I installed a retail dump of Sun, but FBI said it was version 0. Is this normal?

I know this thread is about to die but I can't even bring myself to finish the main game, it's THAT ungodly to play.

Fuck Game Freak, Pokemon died with Gen 5.